Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Class] Introductory Music with Professor Blue - SEE P.8 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:03 pm
"Naw, 's fine, y' couldn't have known. New students get enrolled practically every October, yeah?" he grinned openly at the spiderkin then briefly turning his attention towards their teacher. "More'n more first-timers?" he asked to the group he was with, inclining his head towards some of the newer students that had just been given their instruments. "What was class like in the first session?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:44 am
Aksaja was still grumbling under his breath about the tiny thing he'd been handed and was apparently expected to play, when someone he thought he recognized from Groanspring came in. And summarily got handed some other kind of weird tiny instrument that he clearly didn't know how to play.

The lightning dragon couldn't help a soft snort at that. At least he wasn't the only one. Nodding to Roch, Aksaja held up his picollo, waving it in the air a bit. "Join the tiny instruments that make no sense club, man. I'm Aksaja. Nice t'meet you in person."

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:51 am
Roch broke into a grin as Aksaja introduced himself. "Yeah?" he said, heading to sit next to the other boil and show him the ocarina. "It looks like a ceramic potato with a handle," he said, flipping it this way and that as he tried to figure out what in the hell it was.

"I ain't, ah, exactly sure what to do with something that doesn't have strings," he added quietly, looking for a place to blow air into or something. "And Roch," he added, holding out his right hand as he introduced himself. "Nice to meet you, host guy."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:56 am
Aksaja eyed the thing that Roch was holding and kind of poked at it a little bit. "Y-ea I have no clue either. Wouldn't really know what to do with something that did have strings, myself. But at least it would look cooler than this tiny thing." He smacked his piccolo into his palm a couple of times, wondering if maybe it would break "accidentally" and he could get a new instrument.

Then again, that might not be such a great idea. The teacher might sic the damn carnivorous music stand on him again. "By the way, that thing tries to eat people apparently," he muttered, gesturing toward said music stand.

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:27 pm
"What in this school doesn't?" Roch asked dryly. "The teacher, he's going to teach us how to use these, right?" Which actually sounded interesting to the musically inclined boil. He kinda thought that something this small would have a really cool voice. Sweet and high, he thought, looking at it thoughtfully. He couldn't see it making too deep of sounds, it was too little.

All those holes, though, the air would escape too easily. So maybe if he plugged them with his fingers? He frowned, trying to hold it this way and that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:38 pm
'There does seem to be more and more new faces.' Arachne twisted around to see the others that had entered. She was fairly sure she'd not been paying so little attention that she hadn't noticed all of these in the first class. Strange..she wondered where the majority of the first class attendees had gotten to.

Turning her attention back to Petro she thought for a moment before answering.
'Busier than this one. Avoid getting bit by the music stand, handed in preference list, got given an instrument way down on said list, as were most.' she could almost laugh at it now.

'We had to attempt to play, I managed to coax a tune out of it. Pretty noisy when that happened.'

Sayuri_Nitta

sleepZombie

Shameless Man-Lover

9,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:46 pm
Aislin's eyes had lit up as she'd seen the instruments being brought over. One of them had been something that'd been pretty well up on her list! She held out her hands, expecting to have the flute placed in her hands only to find... not the flute. She looked down at the recorder blankly.

"Uhmmm." She held out the instrument between two fingers. She thought better than to flat out complain about it but maybe she could trade with someone else... except the other two students who'd come in with her were Reapers, ugh.

Ash perked up to see the familiar fluffy glow of Jove as he entered the class-room. He was a friend of Seiji's! She lifted a hand to twiddle her fingers at him in greeting, a grin spreading across her face.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:55 pm
Aksaja shrugged at that. "I guess so. Though I dunno if I really wanna learn to play this little dinky thing." He waved the piccolo about a little more, watching the other boil.

"I think guitar or somethin would be more fun. Do you know how to play any kind of instrument already?"

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Ravvlet
Crew

Hygienic Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:39 pm
Cady wandered down the hall, a blank look on her face. Music Class, Music Class...She really needed a watch. And a map. Not that she could read either. She was having a lot of trouble navigating the campus - was there a tutoring club? She was startled out of her musing by the hiss of a snake - that looked kind of like those squiggly lines they used on sheet music.

She leaned into the door to open it-and nearly slid to the floor. It was a lot heavier than she thought! Bracing herself, she shoved it open somewhat rudely - and realized the class was very nearly under way. Whoops.

She trotted into the class, avoiding the weirdly animate music stand, a dog eared sheet of paper in her hand. The handwriting was too neat to be hers, but she handed it in anyway. She still couldn't write numbers past ten. It was clear from the somewhat random selection she had basically no idea what any of the instruments were in the first place.

But hey, that was why she was in here, right? Besides, she figured reading music had to be easier than regular reading. It had way less letters, for one.

"Hi, this is music class right? I mean there was a squiggly snake on the door and it kind of looked like a music thing but I wasn't too sure, and I got someone to fill out this sheet for me but I don't know what a lot of this stuff is but we're going to learn about it all so I figure it doesn't matter...Right?"

"Hi Ash!" she added belatedly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:32 am
"Yeah," Roch said, a grin pulling at his lips. "I can play both acoustic and bass," he added. "Why else would I be starting a music club?" he added with amusement. "Or did you think we were just going to sit around listening to the radio?"  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:19 pm
Aksaja snorted softly at that. Yea yea, he should have figured that out. "Wonder why they gave you that little thing then," he commented. "Seems like it'd make more sense to give the people that DO know how to play something an instrument they can play. Otherwise, this is gonna sound horrible." Shuddering slightly at the imagining of that, Aksaja happened to glance up when someone new came in.

Oh wait, he remembered her! From the Open House . . . "Hello! Cady, wasn't it? Nice to see you again."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:33 pm
Cady looked around, startled. Who else did sh- OH! She grinned, which mostly just involved a fine show of teeth. It was the nice boil from the... The booth with. With the tea! Right. The tea she sort of ran out on. That didn't seem to phase her, though. It wasn't like it was the rudest thing she'd ever done.

"Oh, hi! Yes, my name is Cady, and yours is, uh." She frowned, "Ak-sa...ha...um. This is music class right? Only he's got an onion with holes in it," she said, gesturing to Roch. "But if this is a cooking class, there's no kitchen and I'm kind of confused? Besides, who would put holes in an onion? By the way, what do you play...er....'Saj?" She beamed. That was easier.

Glancing to Ash, she saw she had some sort of stick made of plastic, with more holes in. That crossed into a realm of vague familiarity though. She was, in fact, pretty positive that that was a Fluke. No pun intended.  

Ravvlet
Crew

Hygienic Waffles

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:44 pm
"It ain't an onion," Roch said, sounding slightly offended. "It's a potato." Like that was better? But he seemed to feel quite justified with that reply, so it probably was in his mind.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:28 pm
That bugeling, loud voice could belong to none other than... "Cady!" As much as most seemed to show dismay when they saw the manticore ghoul coming Ash was honestly happy to see someone whom she called friend. She stepped airly towards her. "You're interested in music? I wouldn't have guessed." She giggled and swayed around behind Cady, draping her arms over the other ghoul's shoulders and hanging off of her, recorder in hand.

Resting her chin on the manticor's shoulder she glanced towards the purple haired Reaper. Her eyes slanted nearly shut, only showing two thin lines of white glow. A faint sneer curled her lip before it dissolved into a little smile. She pointed towards him with one hand, the other curling about Cady's neck. "Who's your friend?" The mist that trickled from the empty hole at her throat curled around herself and Cady's head, wafting away as it grew closer to the ceiling.  

sleepZombie

Shameless Man-Lover

9,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Ravvlet
Crew

Hygienic Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:41 pm
Cady grinned as Ash came over. She always seemed to be grinning about something. "Well, I'm not very good at it, but we're here for Learning so I thought that I should take classes that I know I'll be awful at.... Right?" She squinted as her instrument crossed her vision - maybe it wasn't a Fluke, after all. She was going to ask when she was distracted by the inquiry about the reaper boil in front of them.

"Oh, potato-boil? I think I saw him at the cafeteria. At Open House? And maybe the Fitness Booth. He's got neat hair! And he talks a lot about... Gee-tars. Is that what your potato is?" She asked, now addressing him. "A gee-tar? That's a really funny name, ha ha."

She blinked, a perfectly innocent expression. It had been a serious inquiry.  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff