Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here
[Reaper] Roch's Jam Room Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:42 pm

Waiting for His Return
Austin had gotten no answers. Nobody knew what had happened to the school, nobody knew when or if it would come back, nothing. So the grim reaper had done the only thing he could think of. He had set up camp right outside the area the school used to be and was waiting for it to show up again. Yeah he was worried. A tiny little voice in the back of his head kept whispering evil things, picturing his son--the only person in this entire jackin’ world that he still loved--dead. No, not dissipated. He could handle him getting dissipated a few times with no problem, but sometimes dissipating led to other things...

He’d never been a boogey. He’d never seen the logic in it. They put their lives at risk daily and made pittance in seeds. But he knew a couple of them. One of his old pals from high school had been one, and one time when he dissipated he hadn’t come back as a reaper, he’d come back as a ghost. He didn’t remember who he was, didn’t remember Austin, or any of the old gang... he was living somewhere up north now, trying to figure out why he felt so empty whenever he heard certain songs.

He could lose his son in that same way. Austin knew it, and ever since he’d seen that whip mark across his boil’s back, it had been gnawing at him. There was nothing he could do about it, though. He could only sit here on this jackin’ log, roasting a marshmallow over a tiny fire and watching the spot where the school had once been, waiting for it to come back. For Roch to come back.

There was a bag of things next to the tent. Presents for Christmastival. Stupid s**t, stuff he would have never thought of getting the kid before taking him out on vacation. Glow in the dark stickers, T-shirts with stupid sayings, a couple of bottles of hair dye, some bracelets, a ring. Truth, he had no clue why his kid liked this sort of stuff, but... hell, as long as he wasn’t smoking or doing drugs, or something, he wasn’t going to complain.

“Still not back, huh?” The voice wasn’t the most welcome one, but he wasn’t surprised. Austin turned, looking at his father with a scowl.

“Yeah, still not back.”

“Christmastival is coming up...”

“I know.”

“Monica... ah... wanted to invite you and the kid over. Said she wanted to try out a real family dinner,” Vegas said a bit hesitantly, fingering the cigar he was holding. “She’s kind of a ditz, but...”

“She’s my age, or younger, you know,” Austin drawled. “So you gonna adopt her?”

“She’s older than that. Undead, they don’t age that much, y’know?” Vegas said.

“Gonna marry her, then?”

Vegas crossed over, sitting down on another fallen log and stretching his legs out in front of him. “Tell me something,” he said to his son. “WHY does the kid like a ghoul like that?”

“Who knows how long it will last,” Austin said. “I doubt he still does, to be honest.”

“But she still shows his tastes. Wimpy, pushover, lacking the guts to deal with a real man, she didn’t love him, she barely knew what to do with him as a friend,” Vegas said callously.

“Roch ain’t a real man yet,” Austin said, turning his stick to brown his marshmallow.

“So he’s just gonna keep bringing us mealy mouthed little ghouls to try and deal with? I ain’t never been good with kid gloves.” Vegas snorted, taking a long drag off of his cigar. “I blame this on you, you know.”

“What, I should have forced him to deal with that witch you were married to last? Personally I like his taste better than your old one. How the hell did you wind up with a ghoul like Monica, anyway? She doesn’t look like she could flay you to death with a look.”

Vegas shrugged. “She chased me, and I was too old to run.”

“There’s no point in bitchin’ about his taste in women,” Austin said, looking over at the empty lot. “Not when all I really care about is him comin’ home at all.”

“Nah, he’ll be back,” Vegas said. “Then we’ll have to talk to him about women.”

“Let him like who he wants to like, there’s no sin in liking sweet ghouls,” Austin said, blowing on his marshmallow and pulling it off the stick. “Hell, he’s only sixteen. Ain’t like he’s going to marry them.”

“And a DEMON,” Vegas went on. “Why the hell would anyone want a demon ghoulfriend?”

“Eh, like you said, she didn’t like him back. He’ll find a nice little reaper or monster or undead or something--“

“Monster? You’d let him date a monster? How the hell would that work--“

Austin grinned, evilly. “I’m definitely dating a monster sometime,” he drawled evilly.

“I don’t give a s**t about who YOU’RE dating,” Vegas said. “I already got my grandkid--weird a** taste in clothes, strange taste in women, but still good looking.”

“He is good looking, isn’t he?” Austin bragged, smirking.

“When the school comes back, tell him about the dinner,” Vegas said, looking at the bag of presents. “You aren’t goin’ anywhere, are you?”

Austin looked at the empty lot again. The answer was clear.

“Monica will be by, I’m sure,” Vegas added, staring at the empty lot as well.

“This is the part where you leave,” Austin told him after a long, silent moment.

“Nah, I have some free time.”

Austin gave him a dirty look. They were silent, until Vegas snapped off a stick from the tree he was laying on and summoned his dagger to sharpen the end. “Pass me the marshmallows,” he said.

“Go buy your own,” Austin drawled, poking another one onto his own stick. Vegas speared the bag of marshmallows with his stick, dragging it to his side of the fire to grab one of them.

“I got an offer,” the old man said, starting to roast his marshmallow, “from an old friend of mine. He runs Grimm’s School for Misguided Reapers--“

“Jack no,” Austin said, looking shocked at the very thought. “Hell if I’m stickin’ my kid in one of those places!”

“Hear me out,” Vegas said. “Sure it sounds like hell, but I ain’t ever heard of THEIR school goin’ missing out of the middle of nowhere. Or coverin’ up somethin that might or might not involve Hunters. The chances of our kid--“

“MY kid.”

“ROCH comin’ home with whip wounds across his back are a hell of a lot slimmer. Sure they might shave his head, making him wake up at jackawful hours, stuff like that, but...” Vegas motioned to the empty lot. “That wouldn’t happen.”

Austin went silent, staring at the place where the school he had gone to should have been.

“I’ll think about it.”

Not for points, but plot!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Never Trust a Vegas Gift
So. Yeah, that was a great way to start. So what did he do? Roch lounged across his bed, one leg straight, the other bent, leaning on his elbow as he tried to think of something--anything. What was goin on with him? Sure there was the snow and the attackers and the joy and all that crap that had gone on--that wasn’t that big of a deal to the boil. Not even the serious bout with insanity at the end. On some level he’d always thought that way, so seeing it like that... well, s**t happened. And he’d found that strange stuff happened ALL THE TIME at this school--and for a bit he’d wanted to leave it all behind.

But then he’d gotten a kiss. It hadn’t been a deep kiss, or anything, there’d been no tongue, or any of that crap you saw in movies, but it’d been a kiss. Not one stolen, like the one he’d taken from Xiu, but one freely given, and given with hugs and smiles and--Jack, he’d never seen Taryn look as pretty as she had right then. The sort of kiss that had you thinking of more kisses, more hugs and smiles, more...

But what was he doing? He was a real jacktard, wasn’t he? Here he’d been certain that he’d love Xiu until the day he died, some dramatic line, even an entire dream about it, but the moment he decided he wasn’t in love with her he started kissing another ghoul--or, well, being kissed by one. And it wasn’t like he was being unfaithful, or anything, but... wasn’t he switching from one ghoul to another awfully jackin’ fast?

Was it because he’d always liked Taryn? No, not in the romantic sense, or anything, but he’d thought she was cute and a good friend to have. Which was exactly why he SHOULDN’T be thinking more kisses or stuff like that, because he wasn’t sure he like LIKED her, you know? And doing stuff like that--it might give her the wrong idea, right?

Jack, boil, you should have thought of that BEFORE you crawled into her bed one morning, he snarled at himself. But... y’know? He’d only started spending more time with her recently, and it’d been a hell of a lot of fun! The karaoke booth stuff? Seriously entertaining. Golfing? When he WASN’T confessing his sins? That had been so jackin’ cute--SHE had been so jackin’ cute. The whole hole in one thing? A little grin pulled at his lips as he remembered her expression. But--

That wasn’t romance, right? At least that’s what Xiu had told him. He’d just been goofing off with a friend. He would have done the same with Mot or Jove--well, no, cuz imagining those guys, or even just Jove doing the kiss and hug thing made him feel sick to his stomach--but seriously why was it SO easy to picture? Ewwww.

EITHER WAY, he interrupted himself, trying to replace the image quickly. This wasn’t romance, or love, or like liking, right? And because it wasn’t that, he needed to not--to not lead her on or anything. He frowned, feeling depressed by that idea. But the last thing he wanted to do to one of his best ghoul friends was--

Kiss her, hug her, play for her tail even though even he knew it was silly, but it made Taryn smile--

Jackdammit, he was mistaking vulnerability for liking someone again, and it would NOT screw things up like it had last time!

... But how was he vulnerable with Taryn? She only knew what he willingly told her. She only came close when he willingly let her. Taryn had never, ever forced herself into his life, no, he’d been the one forcing their way in.

The punk boil groaned, falling back on his bed and staring up at the ceiling blankly. This... this wasn’t the same as he’d felt for Xiu. The whole Xiu thing had been riddled with insecurity and worry and disgust with himself--okay, it was slightly like that. But he didn’t... y’know... exactly hate himself at random moments like he had with that.

So obviously it wasn’t love, right?

He suddenly remembered waking up with Taryn right next to him. In this bed.

And there, that was another factor, he silently admitted. Even when he’d imagined Xiu in her underwear it hadn’t... y’know... made him feel funny. Sure it’d been cute, but he hadn’t been... attracted, at least, not where he wanted to...

Well, yeah. His granddad’s explanation had been quite to the point on this. Xiu hadn’t been--But Taryn, on the other hand, he wasn’t gonna lie, he had enjoyed that little panty shot he’d gotten a lot. So... he was physically attracted. Okay. He could accept that, hell, there was nothing wrong with being physically attracted to a ghoul.

For a few moments he let himself do a little fantasizing, her right there cuddled up next to him, giving him a brilliant smile, leaning forward to press her lips against his--

“Jack!” he said, sitting up abruptly. “She’s a monster.” He ran a hand over his face, groaning loudly. “The FEAR difference... jackin...” He fell back onto the bed, scowling as he tried to figure out just WHAT point you needed a protection charm at. Maybe not the close mouthed kiss or anything, but what about when you got to the whole... tongue stage? Was that dangerous? Or, y’know--

He was bright red by this point. Wait! Wait wait WAAAIIT!! Time out! Roch took a deep breath, tempted to hit himself. Hadn’t he just TOLD himself that he wasn’t going to lead her on or anything? How did that go to wondering what point you needed a protection charm at? Jackdammit, being a teenage boil was dangerous!

Think cold thoughts. He took a deep breath, then let it out slowly. Maybe he should read a book or something, he thought, sitting up and getting off his bed to grab the book his granddad had sent him for Christmastival. “How to Play the G Note,” Roch read blankly, raising an eyebrow. He already KNEW how to play all his chords. The old geezer knew that! But it sounded boring enough that it could put him to sleep, and Jack knew he needed some.

He glanced at the first page, skimming it with a sigh, then flipped to the second page--

Wait. Wut?

How the hell was a guy supposed to sleep with THIS in his head??

It was the nature of a grim reaper to be a sneaky, dirty, unfair b*****d. Roch might not have recognized it fully yet, but Austin knew it. He lived and breathed it. Which was why he slid through the hall of the reaper’s dorm, then slipped into his son’s room without even a single soul noticing.

The boil was lying on his bed, his eyes closed, a book tilted precariously on the edge of the bed, but he wasn’t asleep. He knew when Roch was asleep, he knew the breathing pattern, the slight twitches. Jack he was a creeper, Austin realized with amusement.

The older reaper looked a bit roughed up. Waiting for the school to show up again, even with his old man watching his a**, had been a bit dangerous. But Austin wasn’t nearly as banged up looking as Roch was. He sighed, dropping down on the edge of the funky a** bed that the boil seemed to love so much. “Oye,” he said, not surprised as the guitar was summoned. “Calm down, it’s just me.”

“I know,” Roch grumbled. “I’m gonna beat on you for that jackin’ phone call, then not bein’ there so I could yell at you,” he growled, sitting up. Then he groaned and fell back onto his back again. “Forget it, you ain’t worth the trouble.”

“You look like s**t. Had I known it was this bad I would have brought the old man,” Austin complained. “What happened? Where WERE you?”

“Dunno, don’t care,” Roch said. “Can I ask you a favor?”

Austin went silent with shock, wondering what had happened to his son and who this stranger was. “Uh... yeah, sure.”

“Can you play for me? Wait--“ Roch turned over, reaching for the phone on the edge of the bed ( knocking the book off for some reason) and flipping through its apps for a bit. “Okay,” he said. “It’s set to record, so I can push the button when you start and get like, five minutes of it before it stops.”

Austin blinked. “Where’d you get this idea?” he asked curiously.

“Just do it, I need sleep,” Roch said, laying back down. “Tomorrow's Christmastival, and I wanna carol Taryn,” he added sleepily.

“Taryn?” Austin repeated blankly, then he snorted and summoned his sax. “Already got a new ghoul to crush on?”

“We’re just... just friends,” Roch grumbled, giving Austin a dirty look. “I ain’t doin’ that crap again.”

“So young, yet already cynical about love,” Austin teased, pulling the strap of his sax over his head. “I brought some gifts.”

“Leave’em in the corner.”

Austin shrugged and decided now wasn’t the time to tell him about the family dinner idea Monica had. “What happened? You know, when the school disappeared?”

“We disappeared?” Roch asked blankly. “Huh. Well, a lot of stuff, most of it really messed up, and I still feel the urge to decapitate any teddy scare I ever see.”

“Sounds like quite the story.”

“I need sleep. Seriously. Please?” Roch asked, looking up at him, much like the child he’d been so long ago.

“Alright, kid. I’ll play.” He brought the sax to his lips, and started to play. Roch barely managed to hit the record button before he conked out completely.

Austin kept playing for five minutes, then stopped as the phone stopped recording, dropping down on the edge of the bed, and kicking off his shoes. Then he, quite rudely, kicked his feet up in the bed and leaned back next to Roch’s booted feet to take a nap, himself.

He'd be gone before the kid woke up.

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:46 pm

Christmastival Goodbyes: Roch walks Taryn to the train station. FIN

Live and Let Die: Roch runs into Vaith while caroling.

The Wallowmart Run: Roch & Hel FIN

Scythe Family Dinner: Scythe Family's Christmastival dinner. Roch and Danny. FIN

Come Back to Me: Taryn comes back. FIN

Ice Cold Caroling: Roch carols for Edel, they have a serious talk. FIN

Night Prowler: Roch's dream is invaded by Titus. FIN

Big Balls: Roch and Nahm karaoke. FIN

Inked: Roch meets Circe
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:57 pm

Rooftops: Roch meets a black cat on the demon dorm roof, who turns out to be Riyo. FIN

Death Dealers: Roch asks Shun a very serious question. FIN

I Got a CUP!: Roch battles Hel while asking her a serious question as well (battle rp) FIN

Horseman Trial: Roch tries to make up for his screw-up by doing Invi's class. PASS

Trashology - Gettin' Dirty: Roch drags Edel and Riyo to a trashbot battle class.

Thunder Road 1: Fail
Thunder Road 2: Fail
Thunder Road 3: Fail

My New Stud: Roch goes with Taryn to get her nose pierced. FIN

Kiss My Bass: Roch goes with Sammy to trade in her guitar for a bass.  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Fight For Your Right TO PARTY: Roch and Nahm throw a party.

Guest Visitors: Clansmen come to talk to the student body. FIN

Spinning: Roch and Lark talk about his issue with Kettil. FIN

Remain Calm And...: Roch is turned into a girl. (+2pts)

Vests DO NOT Work: Girl Roch meets boy Xiu.

The Treasure Room: Scareling hunters, genderbent halloweeners, the haunted house-- @.@ (+3pts)

The Gates of Amityville: After the treasure room.

Bug Swatting: Roch beats down Yin (battle) FIN

Year of the Dragons: Roch meets Michi and doesn't like her, finds out about Danny's hair and Rikki's Y2 exam.

Roch's... Hair Salon?: Roch cuts Danny's hair and finds out about the breakup.

Sing - Sing a Song: Calder comes over to learn about music.

CLASS] Elements of FEAR: Roch takes a class on magic.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 pm

Grimm's School for Troubled Reapers

DON'T DO IT!: Roch goes to check out the school Vegas wants him to go to.

Kissass Harris: Roch breaks out of the nullifier room.

Pretty Boils: Roch gets "guards."

Pick A Side: Roch gets punched and put back in the nullifier room.

Morning Drills: Five... AM??

Dream a Little Dream: Roch dreams about Amity and friends.

No Uniformity: Roch talks to Grimm and finds out where his phone is.

Illusion of the Wolf: Roch steals his phone back, but is caught.

Trashy Hero Complex: Roch gets out... yeah.  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:32 am

Pimp My Ride: Roch meets TG. (Backdated)

Scentsibilities: Roch and Riyo prank one another (backdated)

Will You or Won't You?: Roch talks to Taryn and decides having her as a friend is more important than a crush. Even under the "love effect." Hard headed kid OTL FIN

Love Is In the Guitar Strings: Roch and Danny after the school episode.

Time For a New Start: Taryn gives Roch back his headphones and asks for some space to get over him.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:56 am

User Image
Scarentines BLOWS

Table 1, 2, & 3: Roch spends fifteen minutes with a guy.

Prize Booth and Refreshment Table: Roch gets a snack, heals Danny, falls in love with a smoothie, and decides to bail.

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:05 am

Did You Steal That?: (Backdated) Roch gives Hel her Christmastival present.

The Great Outdoors: Roch meets a nature demon.

The Art of Luring: Roch talks to Alex.

Don't Be Cruel: Roch talks to Amarus about punching Danny.

Alone + Easy Target: Roch, Nahm and Danny set up a game of tag.

Pizza Party: Charlie throws a pizza party!

I Didn't Mean To: Danny kills Roch's smoothie, Roch and Danny fight, Roch refuses Danny's emblem. First BFF fight begin! (Battle) FIN
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Get Your Motor Runnin

Bad Day for Las Vegas: Vegas has a bit of trouble with Austin, and goes to see Roch.

Jumping Through Hoops: After standing in line for hours, Roch and Vegas are sent next door. And run into Austin.

Fully Charged: Sometimes you just need a little... jolt to get your memory working.

Mr. Rochester: Roch passes his bike license test!  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:44 am

Gimme Three Steps: Roch and Rikki run into one another.

Breaking & Entering: Roch gets caught breaking into Xiu's room.

[Field Class] Adventure Skills!: Roch beats on molerats and they explode. FIN

Swimsuits Optional: Roch invites Hel to the hotsprings.

Trial Run: Invi invites sneaky people to help him out! Roch is totes there!

Human Studies 101: Roch takes another class.

Off to the Hot Springs: Two purple haired reapers in one hot spring! Steamy!

Sex Ed 3: Roch and Mitzi put protection charms on each other and chase down fluffy minipets.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:49 am

The Horsemen Trials

Word of the Trials: Roch attends another assembly.

Ongoing Fight: Roch and Danny almost make up, only to fight over Roch being on Edel's team instead of doing the trials with Danny.

Famine Mystery Hunt: The famine clan send the groups on a wild goose chase (+2)

Team Ice Breaker's Sandcastle: The team builds a sandcastle. (+3)

Team Ditzie's Sandcastle: Roch goes to check up on Danny after the kraken destroys her sandcastle.

Who's Your Daddy: Roch gets interviewed (+2 for GM)

Much Needed Break: Roch and Circe chat between trials. FIN

Runaway Pups!: Edel and Roch's cycorgis get in trouble. FIN

Team Ice Breaker's Obstacle Courses: The second trial, War, takes place. (+3)

The First Brick: Roch asks Invi to spar with him. FIN (battle)

Roch VS the Stuffed Man: Roch beats on a training dummy and comes to some conclusions. FIN

Team Ice Breaker's Trial of Death: Roch is thrown into hell, where Edel is weaponized. (+3) Death solo (+2)  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:38 pm

You're Important: After the trials Danny and Roch reunite as best friends. FIN

The Other Night Blues: Roch, Circe and Mitzi comfort party.

Sunshine: Roch runs into Lizzy the next morning.

Nobody's Fault But Mine: Roch and Edel have a serious talk.

Hey BOO BOO!: Roch and Cady have a food fight (battle +2) FIN  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:01 am

Loser: Roch runs into JD the day he finds out about the medal. Childish insults ensue.

This Hateship ROCKS: Roch and Danny trash JD's room.

You Okay?: Rikki checks up on Roch.

Long Overdue Training: Roch and Moure spar (Battle)

Bonfire Party: Roch throws a party by the lake.

Red Pyramids Desu Magic Desu: A fight against Magical Ghoul Sammy!

Make Me Think the Wrong Thing: Roch vs Magical Ghoul Mitzi!

Punks and Dragons: Roch and Jericho spar, Roch gets beat. (Battle) FIN  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:27 pm

The Four Horsemen Saga

War - Combat Readiness & Weaponry: Roch learns to fight in the War Clan the first week.

The ??? Room - War: Roch's curiosity kicks in and he opens a door to a very dangerous room on War.

Conquest - Ink Painting: Roch takes a class in ink painting in the Conquest Clan the second week.

The ??? Room DEATH: Roch and the others fight hunters in Death Isle's secret lair.

Aen'ryliis: Roch and others run into Riley, who's been overcome by insanity.

Those Who Fight: An epic fight between good and evil, or... well, Halloweeners and Hunters, at least.

From the Ashes: The remains of the dead horsemen attack in phoenix form.

There and Back Again: Roch and the rest come back to halloween... with insanity.  
{ Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff