Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Powers and You Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Solaris Beauty

Fashionable Prophet

7,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:07 pm
Not entirely, each psychic is different, then you have to factor in strength and experience. And the only way to attack the brain is through another psychic. some have a natural immunity, some don't. You can distract someone from utilizing their mental abilities, but canceling out is difficult process...well again...depending on the psychic. Everything that I put at first is pretty much the basis of utilization and weakness (normally)...Like I said there are always exceptions.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:47 pm
Solaris Beauty
Not entirely, each psychic is different, then you have to factor in strength and experience. And the only way to attack the brain is through another psychic. some have a natural immunity, some don't. You can distract someone from utilizing their mental abilities, but canceling out is difficult process...well again...depending on the psychic. Everything that I put at first is pretty much the basis of utilization and weakness (normally)...Like I said there are always exceptions.

Not necessarily.

The most EFFECTIVE way would be to take them down by wearing them down and overtaking them using another psychic's abilities; but a nail through the skull and into the brain would shut the system off as thoroughly as anything else.  

Zylo Allouette

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200

Solaris Beauty

Fashionable Prophet

7,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:05 pm
lol at the nail through the head, why yes it would! yea several psychics on one would prove overwhelming if their power together was more than the one.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:39 pm
= = O <(*.*<) hmm, (>*3*)> = = = O  

Alex Nevermore

Azorius Beat

Dangerous Prophet

3,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Informer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:34 am
H E L L O !

| | _( ^ ^ )_/ /

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:31 am
Hi there! Welcome to the sticky! Hasn't seen much action for a month, but we'll get some questions in soon I'm sure.  

Mahareshi

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:29 am
Reign over elements/chemistry(without all the equipment) and alchemy. Go. Discuss.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:56 am
I've got a question. Can an Air/wind elemental control oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, etc individually, or are they limited to simple air current manipulation?  

Colonel_Crapshot

Omnipresent Loiterer

5,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Mahareshi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:44 pm
Good question...I'd say just air currents because Oxygen and the rest aren't air, but particles. If there was Nitrogen or something IN the air though, they could move the air to move the air, but not the particles itself.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Anyone alive here?  

Mahareshi

b10n1cl3k1n6

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:24 am
I partially disagree with that. xP

Air itself consists of several particles, so to manipulate air, you manipulate said particles. For example, Nitrogen and Oxygen are the two most common particles in the air. Then you have Helium, Carbon Dioxide, Carbon Monoxide, Methane, trace elements of pretty much all other gases, and THEN you even have dust particles and dirt and whatnot. Yeah, it's a lot. whee

So, when you control air, you control all that. BUT, only in a certain radius, and there are limits. You could remove air from that space, removing density and causing objects inside to die, explode, etc.; or compact it with air so it's like a solid wall, crushing whatever's in it. You can move it so it becomes a force, creating it's on energy, magnetic field, so forth.

One thing to consider: With most magic, science is involved on some scale. especially physics and chemistry. Whatever powers your character has, take into consideration the physical and chemical aspects of said power. From there, you can make limits to that power, or create an extent of that power. You can even create sources for said power. Kinetic energy; it's always present, why not use it? Another dimension? Just drawing the power creates a surplus of it.

Ok, I'm done rambling. It's a shame the other one had to be deleted; I got into some awesome debates comparing magic systems in that one. smile Might have gone overboard, maybe that's why it was deleted. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:24 pm
Hello hello!

To the telekinesis discussion a while back- Since telekinetics and telepaths use their brains so much, they probably get tired very quickly and end up sleeping a lot, which leaves them vulnerable since the mind isn't active. I had a telepath character once who, when she wasn't digging around in peoples' heads, was sleeping and basically unable to be woken up until fully rested. She ended getting kidnapped that way.

Air- The control of air could technically be looked at as a limited matter control, as in they can control very low density matter, in other words gases in general. So if they tried to lift a cube of ice, but boil it into water vapor, and they are fully capable.

Now there's also wind, which is the movement of said gases. That would be when you can count in wind currents. Basically, they are two seperate things, but you can't really control one without the other.

I Be Athena

Dapper Gekko

5,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

b10n1cl3k1n6

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:57 pm
I would put wind and air in the same category, since they're basically the same in concept and so closely interwoven. rolleyes Either way, it makes no difference.

Just to throw in a twist to make things more interesting, would someone who controls water be able to manipulate, to some degree, said wind/air? What about ice? Personally, I say yes. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:32 pm
I wish I got a notification for when people posted here. I really, really do...anyway, to attend to recent things first, I don't think some one who can control wind could/should be able to control water or ice and vice versa. I say this because water and ice are water and ice. Not air.

As for the air statement post before last, I wouldn't agree with that, but to each his own you know? I disagree with it because something like that (air manipulation) I attribute to the properties of air, not the properties of the particles in the air. Like CO2 or CH4...if the air in the are is comprised of those elements, then yes, you'd be controlling those elements because it completely constitutes the air in the area. But if it were anything else, those air particles would be at their disposal.

To say that one could manipulate something like CO2 directly is more along the lines of alchemy or element manipulation as you are directly interacting with an element and controlling it.

All in all, what I think Air Manip boils down to is suction, expulsion, creation and manipulation of Air. Not the particles in the air specifically.

Mahareshi

b10n1cl3k1n6

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:32 am
This is off topic, but you know, I do wish that could happen. They could have a button or something so you get notifications on when someone posts in a specific rp or topic. 3nodding

Gaia, please consider this if you have not done so previously. If you have, then I must assume in your good wisdom that you deemed this unneccesary. whee In that case, forgive your humble gaian for intruding on your business.

You can tell that was full of kissing up, huh? xp lol  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces