Reply Social Room
What DND Character are you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orphie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:29 pm
I have no idea how to play d&d, but I'd be willing to try it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:04 am
Trenn Flashkill
Not sure what you mean, but the mechanics for each class is identical. They all have 3 kinds of powers: at-will powers, encounter powers and daily powers. They're all received in the same way, and they're all deployed in the same way. There are no spells in the game. Wizards and sorcerers do not cast spells. They use powers. They are managed and utilized in the same exact manner as a fighter's powers. I'm sorry but that's borderline sacrilege.
It's certainly not the norm, and it's very different from what you're used to, but they get different powers and they learn new powers at different rates, like wizards for example, can basically learn any power they can read about, and sorcerers get more initial powers, and still don't have to prepare their magic.

The powers of strikers and the powers of support type characters are completely different. Just because they're organized in the same way doesn't mean they're the same. The fact that they're organized in the same way is something I actually like, because it's just that much easier to go out and try a new kind of character, and though I have to deal with new rules for what powers I can learn, I wouldn't be in the dark about how to use the powers I do have... well, assuming I understand the effects.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:53 pm
There's definitely a benefit of 4e, but I just think they homogenized it a little too much. 4e is definitely easier to jump into, but with a little bit of explanation, 3.5/Pathfinder can be just as easy and even more rewarding.

It sounds like a few of us here wouldn't mind getting a group together. I'm serious, I'd like to play something. Even if we just started out with a small campaign, or even a one-shot. I have zero confidence in myself, but I'd even GM it. We should try it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:25 pm
Let's do it.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:21 pm
[Kegan]
Let's do it.
heart And to be clear, as much as I'd prefer Pathfinder to 4e, I'd play whatever. It'd be fun just to be playing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:31 pm
I'll play whatever, as long as I can find the source materials.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:35 pm
I'm certain anything remotely D&D related can be obtained easily.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:59 pm
im in for this idea, me and trenn were looking at some software for running this, the best one we found will cost atleast 20$ a person, and trenn would have to shell out 40$, if we can't pirate it somehow, the one i've been using is free, and it works fine but its not complete. then theres RPTools, which i tried once but lost patience learning it.  

Xilo The Odd

Xilo The Odd rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:02 pm
rolling initiative...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:12 pm
The dice glitch is pretty old news.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:13 pm
Xilo The Odd
im in for this idea, me and trenn were looking at some software for running this, the best one we found will cost atleast 20$ a person, and trenn would have to shell out 40$, if we can't pirate it somehow, the one i've been using is free, and it works fine but its not complete. then theres RPTools, which i tried once but lost patience learning it.

There's not much to learn with RPtools, I wouldn't say... I mean, unless you wanna do some "ADVANCED s**t."

Then again, it's been over a year since I last had it on my computer and even longer since the days when I used it. I remember getting images to line up with the grid to be tricky, but that's about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:02 am
if anything else we could always use gametable. i just wish they had a faster tile laying method for making the maps. right now its click and drag EVERY. SINGLE. TILE. and its not fun when your trying to setup a lot of content.  

Xilo The Odd

Zylo Allouette

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:03 am
True Neutral Gnome Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:19 am
Well i've never played the pen and paper game before, but i have played a bit of the MMORPG. I've always wanted to play the Pen and Paper, but i've never really found anyone that is willing to play with me.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Unflamboyant

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:40 pm
If I ever move my butt to set up an internet D&D campaign, you can join us maybe?  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff