Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Suggestions for Guild Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pyon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:24 pm
Chisa
Thanks for your suggestions! Book covers might be fun xd Election/country themed websites doesn't sound that appealing to me sad

Due to the amount of effort it takes to organise contests, and the limited amount of gold we have, I don't think weekly contests will happen anytime soon. There's just too much work involved, and the time limit of a week is short for a lot of people with busy lives. Your ideas can be used for the monthly contests though 3nodding

Um.. I have a suggestion for the monthly compy!
Beides giving themes, why dont you guys provide a random picture and the participants would have to work/manipulate with the picture to create their final product. I think its quite challenging that way.. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:04 am
You Should Give Lesons On HTML...
I Wanna Learn LOL  

death_is_knocking

Catani

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:45 pm
One important contest to be heald: Guild logo!
well there are banners... but a logo would make a more "professional" look biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:59 pm
@Pyon: I like the idea, but I think it might be hard for some people sweatdrop Giving a specific picture to work with kinda constricts the feel of the piece and what you can do with it. We've found so far that contests that have a specific format but can be done in very different ways (like the cd cover contest) seem to work the best. Still, it'll definitely be kept in mind wink

@death_is_knocking: Please don't capitalise every word, its annoying. And yes, a HTML tutorial is coming soon, in the guild e-zine that I'm putting the finishing touches on now, and should be out in the next few days.

@Da_ta: True, we'll definitely have to do that sometime... it will be nice to have a consistent image and be known all through Gaia!  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Pyon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:47 pm
Chisa
@Pyon: I like the idea, but I think it might be hard for some people sweatdrop Giving a specific picture to work with kinda constricts the feel of the piece and what you can do with it. We've found so far that contests that have a specific format but can be done in very different ways (like the cd cover contest) seem to work the best. Still, it'll definitely be kept in mind wink

Okie dokie!! 3nodding
Chisa

@Da_ta: True, we'll definitely have to do that sometime... it will be nice to have a consistent image and be known all through Gaia!

I'd like our guild to be known all through Gaia too!
Hmm.. I think that having a logo makes us more identified. It somehow gives a sense of establishment..  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:56 pm
Guld logo - idea
Edit: Deleted the post, maybe i'll put it up if the guild logo subject reaches daylight... biggrin
Oh well maybe till then i'll make something more apropriate...  

Catani

Catani

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:15 pm
Another idea for a contest just came to my mind, how about designing money? - Coins and banknotes of gaian gold.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:54 pm
OK, I have posted a request for ideas for the guild! Post them and I'll put them on the list!  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

B.E.P #1_fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:34 am
You should make an affiliates section. It really does help!!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:29 pm
contest for the design of the profile of miss gd  

Catani

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:22 am
Perhaps there could be a subforum for chat or anything not really related to graphics?

About Tinuu's auction idea from page 3- Most art auctions are done with each artist offering to do certain work. So each guild member involved would get to say what kind of work and what amount of work they'll do for whoever wins the auction. So for example if you do banners, you can offer to make 3 banners for the winner and 6 banners if the bid gets up to x amount of gold,etc ^^

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:55 am
Subforms would clean up the guild a little.  

gun_girl

jaded1004

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:44 pm
we should have a guild opening button? or banner? in the guild registery.. i think it looks bad on a graphic design guild to be buttonless x_X you think? someone should make one! *but not me cuz i suk*  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:11 am
jaded1004
we should have a guild opening button? or banner? in the guild registery.. i think it looks bad on a graphic design guild to be buttonless x_X you think? someone should make one! *but not me cuz i suk*

That was our December contest. Check out the contest subforum and vote in the finals for your favorite banner!  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

candee-addict

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:21 pm
How about we do a contest for the best graphic designer!
We are the giain graphic designers. Are we not?

candee-addict  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces