Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ The Random Guild: Random People Unite! [[Since 2008]] ★

Back to Guilds

"The Random Guild is like a giant family, except you never get tired of anyone!" - Toxic Pepper 

Tags: Random, Contest, Gold, Friends, Hangout 

Reply The Random Guild
What did you do this summer? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LeeSeulGi

Tiny Wife

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:01 pm
I didn't go on vacation...
I didn't go out of town...
All I did was work at McDonald's....
Bought some Cosplays....
Ate Hi-chew...
Drank Ramune...
Went to a sushi joint with my cosplay buddy...
And very little sleep :p  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:04 pm
Oriole Lyric
CocoaXP
Oriole Lyric
CocoaXP
Oriole Lyric
I graduated from college with my Bachelors degree and spent my summer looking for work that I could do. Its proving more challenging than organic chemistry

Wow I'm starting my 4rth yr in College! How long did it take you to graduate? I'm not looking forward to it too much xd

4 short years. I graduated with a Bachelors of Science, in General Biology.

My greatest advice to ANYONE who is IN COLLEGE, is SPECIFY & SPECIALIZE. <= it will help you as a college graduate (or whatever the proper term for someone who has a BS) and Grad school.

If you're only going for a some kind of "general degree" you're not going to get anywhere, for certain. And if you're going for research or anything that involves being involved, which is everything these days, you better have the TECHNIQUES down or experienced. For example, if you're going for science, you better have gotten some kind of internship that gave you actual laboratory skills, and not just analytical skills, or cleaning skills, or simple manual grunt work. And by Laboratory skills I mean actual lab techniques like proper use and knowledge of micropipette, making + running gels, and all that what not, just just data entry.

Because I've only been out since May and I have realized from much searching, the Bachelor, does not really have a title.

There's:
Undergraduate: didn't get bachelors yet
"___________": got the bachelors
Graduate: got bachelors getting or obtained a masters
Post Graduate: got the masters
PhD student: got the masters and going for PhD

And with this day economy people should be going to a technical school than a university. >I Because no one is looking for 'fresh off the presses' everyone is looking for "At least 2-3 years of experience" and meaning full on experience not just 'dabble work'.

So if you're general or you don't have a set place of where you are going, I would stay an extra year to SPECIALIZE and get some real ground working skills.

Yeah I'm attending a Cal State School, but I receive financial aid so I think i should be good cuz I think i might be a 5th yr, cuz I'm honestly not ready to go out into the field! I'm an Applied Computer graphics major so I need as much experience as possible

Oh ho, yeah you neeeeeeed that experience. ANYTHING is good for an internship. Last time I heard Hulu was hiring employees and internships, so you should take a peek, and maybe toss an email over asking if they they have an internship program and if they would desire your 'developing skills'

Yeah I've been told over and over I need to start looking for an internship. My school even has job and intern fairs for us, which is pretty much saying "Hurry up and get in to this!"
But yeah thank you for the advice I appreciate it, cuz I'm getting kinda close to the end and I need all the advice and help I can get LOL  

-luvvchocoandwine-

Hygienic Lunatic

14,925 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Hiss of Love 200

Oriole Lyric

Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:15 pm
CocoaXP
Oriole Lyric
CocoaXP
Oriole Lyric
CocoaXP
Oriole Lyric
I graduated from college with my Bachelors degree and spent my summer looking for work that I could do. Its proving more challenging than organic chemistry

Wow I'm starting my 4rth yr in College! How long did it take you to graduate? I'm not looking forward to it too much xd

4 short years. I graduated with a Bachelors of Science, in General Biology.

My greatest advice to ANYONE who is IN COLLEGE, is SPECIFY & SPECIALIZE. <= it will help you as a college graduate (or whatever the proper term for someone who has a BS) and Grad school.

If you're only going for a some kind of "general degree" you're not going to get anywhere, for certain. And if you're going for research or anything that involves being involved, which is everything these days, you better have the TECHNIQUES down or experienced. For example, if you're going for science, you better have gotten some kind of internship that gave you actual laboratory skills, and not just analytical skills, or cleaning skills, or simple manual grunt work. And by Laboratory skills I mean actual lab techniques like proper use and knowledge of micropipette, making + running gels, and all that what not, just just data entry.

Because I've only been out since May and I have realized from much searching, the Bachelor, does not really have a title.

There's:
Undergraduate: didn't get bachelors yet
"___________": got the bachelors
Graduate: got bachelors getting or obtained a masters
Post Graduate: got the masters
PhD student: got the masters and going for PhD

And with this day economy people should be going to a technical school than a university. >I Because no one is looking for 'fresh off the presses' everyone is looking for "At least 2-3 years of experience" and meaning full on experience not just 'dabble work'.

So if you're general or you don't have a set place of where you are going, I would stay an extra year to SPECIALIZE and get some real ground working skills.

Yeah I'm attending a Cal State School, but I receive financial aid so I think i should be good cuz I think i might be a 5th yr, cuz I'm honestly not ready to go out into the field! I'm an Applied Computer graphics major so I need as much experience as possible

Oh ho, yeah you neeeeeeed that experience. ANYTHING is good for an internship. Last time I heard Hulu was hiring employees and internships, so you should take a peek, and maybe toss an email over asking if they they have an internship program and if they would desire your 'developing skills'

Yeah I've been told over and over I need to start looking for an internship. My school even has job and intern fairs for us, which is pretty much saying "Hurry up and get in to this!"
But yeah thank you for the advice I appreciate it, cuz I'm getting kinda close to the end and I need all the advice and help I can get LOL

gonk OH MY GOD NOW!!!! crying

I should have started my resume back in Junior year to go to hand out during senior year! I didn't! I blew it! I went into a job fair 'because oh s**t i didn't hear about it until yesterday" And just went in "browsing" It was the worst day of my life in Sr year.

If you go, print out several copies of your resume, put into a folder, or a cheap portfolio you can get at walmart. if there's something you're proud of or people may not know put a description underneath, if you're really spiffy as a designer as you say, design your own business card. It will leave a colorful impression, even though it only says your name, your school, your degree and contact info. staple it to your resume, they will go "oh whaz this?" sort of.

Dress as though for an interview, but you should be comfortable, after all you will be walking around, handing out papers, you will be moving, so dress business, but comfortable, with something that say's "me!" let it be a necklace or a pair of earrings or the business card. If you don't know what to wear, the simple of the simple, dress pants, dress shoes, a nice collared shirt w/ blazer or vest.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:34 pm
During the summer I went to a Christian camp for a week, worked on homework, went to Tahoe, slept in, ate a lot of food, went to private lessons (and ended them), and a lot of other stuff!!
The last week of summer, I had to attend Band Camp.....what a lousy way to end summer
jkjk
Band Camp wasn't that bad....and at parts, it was actually fun!! I'm part of the color guard myself and boy, do they slack off
Anyway, that was my summer in a nutshell!!! biggrin biggrin

MyPrettyLilCherryBlossom

Angelic Duck

Pemmu

Peaceful Browser

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:43 pm
Well, i don't really think i did much this summer.
I mostly went on my laptop.
Went on gaia and my online games.
Spent a few times with the family.
Played with my little brother.
I let my big sister play her game on my laptop since she has a smaller hard drive than my laptop.
I also play-fight'ed with my big sister xD We didn't really hit each other that hard.
Cleaned around the house a few times.
I tried to act nice to my siblings, they still acted the same to me. :l
And got ready for school.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:04 am
Well, my country doesn't have have summer but its always hot,warm and rainy.
and we don't have summer vacation.
we have two months vacation(for students)..and that's the only long school holidays we have here.

this year, i'll be having an important exam so basically i spend a lot of time studying and some time to play games in Facebook.

i'll be sure to spend that two month holidays with shopping,drawing and also...going to the beach! whee  

Moonlight Crystals

Blessed Fairy

10,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Hisana-Kuchiki101

6,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:25 am
well I did a lot of random stuff with friends including walking around covered in fake blood yelling the zombies are coming XD I also had a couple of performances with my band but other than that i layed in bed watching Anime oh and I was on Gaia talking to Friends and playing Zomg a lot  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:30 am
yokokurama9000
Ponyoko
yokokurama9000
Ponyoko
yokokurama9000
Threw off my sleep schedule. x3 And boy was it fun.

Ikr, It feels so good to just go to bed whenever you want and wake up whenever you want 4laugh

xD But I feel so guilty afterrrr x,x

Lol why? o.O

cause I waste most of my day xD

Lol xD

Ponyoko

Kyoko-anime13

Romantic Fatcat

9,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:33 am
I was either hanging out with friends, playing video games, drawing, on gaia, sleeping, reading, watching movies and anime.
3nodding
20% of the time I was sleeping
xd
78% of the time I was watching anime xD so I finished over 4 series (with multiple seasons)
rofl
Gosh I have no life
sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:54 am
I literally saw Big Time Rush and Justin Bieber this summer!!!!!!! WOOOHHHH!!!!!!!  

Bloom_187

4,200 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

De Shout

Lunatic

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:02 am
I have an happy and very memorable summer.. me and my family go in our beautiful province.. i swim in beautiful clean beach and catching crabs then we also go on mountain and i fearless go on a zipline xD  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:45 am
I'm gonna make a manga that is all about my love life. I and my heart are the characters. Including my friends <.< xD

iixTricia

6,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

maximus techno

5,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:01 am
i was at oslo whenthe bomb exploded sad
and i was on a vacation in croatcia biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:27 am
Let's see. First I had a school trip to France, so I stayed there for a week, doing art stuff, then about two days after I came back I went to Ireland gonk

Yeah, long holiday.  

RebelGh0stZer0

Snarky Survivor

20,390 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
The Random Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash