Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Knockturn Alley
Streets of Knockturn Alley Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:29 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Aldanis Varren

Ex-prisoner of Azkaban
╚══════════════╝

A snap sounded from one of the darker alleys leading off of Knockturn Alley and two wizards appeared. The first was tall, with dark hair and matching dark eyes. The second was shorter, with the same dark hair and eyes. The first wizard's face appeared on wanted posters in Diagon Alley, however, few of those wanted posters made it to Knockturn Alley. Drawing his cloak tightly around him, Aldanis obscured his face from view. He placed his hand on his son's back and directed him out of the alley.

▂▃▅Out Of Character:▅▃▂

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:36 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Morvin Varren
Durmstrang ~ Fourth Year

╚══════════════╝

Where am I? At Knockturn Alley with my father.
What am I doing? Spending time with my father.
What am I thinking? I love Knockturn Alley.

Side-Along Apparation was never an easy experience, and Morvin felt sick to his stomach when they appeared in the alleyway. His father drew his cloak tightly around him and Morvin copied his father. Together, they stepped out of the alleyway into the slightly less deserted Knockturn Alley. While Aldanis stopped to admire an item in one of the stores' windows, Morvin headed off. He was standing in the entrance to Diagon Alley when he spotted the bright blond head of an enemy. Moving closer, he identified Tamara Radcliffe. Cursing, he quickly hurried to his father. "Dad! Tamara's here."

Out Of Character: ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:51 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
╔══════════════╗

So wear me like a locket around your throat.
Ill weight you down.
Ill watch you choke.

╚══════════════╝

Her painted lips smiled more sickly as her serpent-like eyes watched his drunken-like actions play before her like a desperately humorous play. His wince accompanying his final words make her brow rise under the shadows of her lifted hood curiously. "Perhaps, but any past interactions between us should be forgotten as the balance is uneven at present." The lightly perched heel left its relaxed position of being pressed against the wall behind her and stepped close to him. Her movement graceful like that of a swan, but poisonous like that of a raven. "I know more about you than you so much as hint at to your closest peers. I see more in your eyes than you even see in your reflection. And yet, you know nothing about me, do you Mr. Rich."
She let a silence fester, smile creeping fuller and fuller as her shadow-lidded eyes bore deeply into his. Unblinking, her gestured with her gaze a threat that if he so much as turned, she would be at his neck.
"The irony of your name is most enjoyable," she whispered, "but I can reverse the cruel joke of reality. I can regain your former stature." Udner wraps of her layered cloak, her thumb and index fingers rubbed together menacingly as her other hand swept the rock of the wall with no hesitance. Snakes weaving from her mouth as her words wafted towards the man's ears.

User Image
User ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:59 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
LOCATION: Knockturn Alley MOOD: Indecisive OBJECTIVE: Job hunting

User Image

The sound of Hunter's footsteps echoed from wall to wall as he maneuvered his way through Knockturn Alley. It had been several years since he had last been here, but judging by the scene, not much had changed.

With his hands slipped inside of his suit pants, he weaved in and out of the sketchy alley-dwellers, making sure to keep his distance from anything and everyone. Trust couldn't be found here, not that trust was something Hunter was familiar with.

His dark-colored eyes finally spotted what he was looking for - the large wooden door laden with a unique black knocker that represented The Spiny Serpent. Coming to a stop in front of the shop, he noticed the help wanted sign posted on the window, further confirmation of what he sought. Finally being back in this part of town brought him both maddening and refreshing feelings, but he had finally decided it was what he wanted. And with a new home comes a new job.

Hunter had never really had an official job, always dealing under the table with inevitably risky and pleasurably illegal transactions. Attempting to settle down in a legitimate line of work wouldn't be easy - and likely would not feed his hunger for the dark and dirty - but it was the first step to rebuilding his life. With a deep sigh, he straightened his tie and pushed open the heavy shop door.

User Image

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:26 pm
Looking back at me,
I see that I never really got it right
I never stopped to think of you
I was wrapped up in things I cannot win

Alexander Evan Rich
.........Head of International Magical Office of LawUser Image

.....Desires: Wealth
..........Troubles: The Past

”And,” Alexander pierced, British tongue carving the depths. ”In return for such kindness

“What is it that you want from me?”
Desperation made a woman a fool, but desperation had made a man out of him. Heartache and love, those are the tangible emotions that could rip the earth right beneath a man’s feet and kick him off his pedestal, but Alexander Rich had never truly known the touch of a woman’s love; a woman’s genuine love. Flashes of his wife fluttered his mind, though even his heart couldn’t deduct why. The blonde fiery maiden was everything he had ever wanted, but only when it was too late did he realized just how much of a mistake he had made.

Arranged marriages had always been a tradition of the Rich household, and as such, every marriage that began with love, ended in divorce. His own sisters had each been wed, the eldest, over a dozen times. It had always been an understood damnation, he and his wife, love was just another word, but power and money held value, substantial value, but it would never come.

It wasn’t until two nights after the ceremony; his wife had discovered the vast sea of debts he had been drowning in since a child, and nothing was ever the same. She would have left him, if she hadn’t become to grow so… mentally unstable.

And then that guilt bubbled within him again, burnt his throat and seared open every wound he had ever known, though it never quite reached those cold and dead eyes; the vision of a man who had given up hope long ago.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:51 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
╔══════════════╗

Ill weight you down.
Ill watch you choke.

╚══════════════╝

"You know all too well that everything has its price. But you are not your father, and you know which price is too high and too foolish." She whispered, catching a strand of fiery red hair in between her emerald-painted fingers, adorned with many silver rings, and swept it behind her hooded ear.
Her eyes smiled at him, with venom infecting the eerie light they reflected from the lights of the dim alleyways and flickering, cobwebed storefronts.The man before her was no fool; nothing like his father and more hardworking than one could ever appreciate him to be. She had been watching him for some years, ever since her dear Alfons had spoken to him with a kindness and a generosity regarding the debts the Rich held to the Flints that she could never forgive. When Alfons had inherited the estate and the immeasurable fortune of the Flint name at the event of his father's timely death, debts were forgiven and impatience was delayed left and right for any wrongs done to the Flint name. Her husband was despicable in her eyes. As weak as they come, the most disgrace the family had ever seen. That her family had ever seen.
And so, she had watched his affairs and in that vigilant patrol, she sighted Alexander Evan Rich.
"I would like to hire your services," she said bluntly with a deadly seriousness and a frost on her tongue. The stiffness of her words that held no second meaning and no riddle to solve ran across her mouth and teeth unnaturally and harshly. Never before being served so coldly and with such directness. "Your contacts, your information, your position, your name, your face." Her hand slipped into the folds of her cloak, hand snaking around a small pouch of easily felt coins.
"I will assign you tasks to do at my bidding and for my interests. I will keep contact with you from the shadows and make certain you are never identified, never recognized, never blamed and never found." her hand revealed itself, holding loosely the leather pouch plump with clicking silver Sickles and gold Galleons."You will not be told of the purposes of these assignments, you will not question or inquire. You will be silent and you will be obedient."

A silent moment, heavy with shards of ice and the steam of hell and balance filled each passing second between them as their eyes stared into the soul of the other. Krina's dark irises revealing that the business she would send him on, he was better off not understanding beyond what was needed. "If you agree, each task will reward you with a debt paid. This," she gestured by bouncing the filled pouch which easily held a small fortune, "Is Murray."

User Image
User Image

Pale Mist

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:44 am
Looking back at me,
I see that I never really got it right
I never stopped to think of you
I was wrapped up in things I cannot win

Alexander Evan Rich
.........Head of International Magical Office of LawUser Image

.....Desires: Wealth
..........Troubles: The Present

Eyes narrowed to slits, Alexander tread precariously, wary of the cat claws and hybrid fangs that had all but snapped their vice death in his wake. He was frozen, and perhaps, if he stayed as is, she wouldn’t see him anymore. But those eyes saw more than motion and light itself; those cold molten eyes bore into his very being and snaked past those lies. His barriers were thick, iron, and bold. Not even the robust iron fist could pummel past his defenses; he was metal and water and salt his enemies. The painted carmine harlot knew this, it seemed, every breath tainted with the bitter bite of salt, and every fluid motion cool as liquid.

But he dare not waver, not when his stability of rock and stone could crumble so easily under the weathering wear of her touch, so intangible, he need not even feel the caress of her might before he would break, diminish into sand. His colorless gaze set about the world, muddled with browns and grays and greens, which meant, nothing was truly as it ever seemed. ”….Agreed.” He promised, signing away his soul with a single breath of bloodstained ink as he extended his open hand, never grasping the coin purse like most might, but instead, waited for the weight of his doom to slip into his own fingers at her discretion.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:31 am
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
╔══════════════╗

I'll weigh you down.
I'll watch you choke.

╚══════════════╝

Krina smiled like the very depths of hell with flicking their tongues from between her teeth and let her fingers loosen their grip over the pouch slowly. It began to hang in its large weight and threaten to slip into a chasm between them, yet finally, it fell. Right into the palm of Alexander Rich. Like a bloodstain on a knife.
"I require ten pints of Polyjuice Potion. Either brewed or in ingredients. Send them by owl in daily intervals, never use the same owl twice and if it returns, ignore it."
She let her eyes fall on the man she now had locked in chains and a leash, a smile cracking in a jeer.
" Address it to the Painted Lady. The owls always find me that way." And before the man even had a chance to look up her from the pouch in his hand, she had disappeared into the whispers of the alleys.

User Image
User Image

Pale Mist

Rechosia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:31 pm
Ѵєrą Trєvєɳą
User Image
User Image
User Image
ą broken world,
ą shattered dream,
ɳow rules the day,
ɳow mends the seam.

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━·━━━━━━·━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥
ღLocation⊰Home⊱ ღMood⊰Anxious⊱ ღThoughts⊰Let's see what this tells me..⊱
◣━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━·━━━━━━·━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◢

Vera silently made her way down the street, keeping a close eye on the other
occupants of the alleyway as she glanced around. She wasn't entirely sure
where to start inquiring, though there were really only two decent options.
Moribund's was quiet and obscure. She wouldn't have to worry about anyone
who happened to be unnecessarily curious listening in. The Spiny Serpent,
on the other hand, was bound to hold some information for her with the
number of witches and wizards that traversed through its doors. She would
try there first. Clutching her coat tighter around her frame she slowly prowled
toward the shop, wary of each passerby.

ᴏᴏc:...

User Image
User Image User Image User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:00 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
LOCATION: Knockturn Alley MOOD: Excited ,but wary OBJECTIVE: Treasure hunt

User Image

Hunter's long, rolling sigh drowned out the sound of him striking a match, and several emotions flickered continuously in the depths of his dark eyes as he lit a fresh cigarette.

On the one hand, his body intuitively radiated with renewed excitement, glad that—despite his recent, though unintended failure—Remington had chose to extend his duties. Ringlets of translucent, foggy smoke escaped his pursed lips, rising into the night and fading away towards the stars.

On the other hand, the idea of failure naturally dowsed him with a fresh wave of discontent, and the word spider in any responsibility didn't help to relieve his sour mood—no matter what the connotation.

The steady click of his heels against the beaten stone increasingly slowed, until he found himself facing the candlelit windows, his eyes briskly brushing across the characteristic crow molded out of iron. Flicking his cigarette reluctantly to the dampened street, he let go of another sigh before beginning to whistle a low, but fast-paced tune as he entered the Moribunds tavern.

User Image

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:11 pm
User ImageUser Image
Matthew Warren
"The Spying Schemer"
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: Interesting...
Mood: Calm.
╚══════════════╝

Matthew moved into the dark alley. Something a lot of people avoided. But he found himself wandering down the grimy cobblestone floors. His soon to be younger brother following behind him. He honestly wanted to explore, this was the first time he was able to actually ditch his mother. He smiled down at his younger brother as he put and arm around him. "Well, well, this is an interesting place." He said giving the younger brother a sly smile as he kept moving forward, looking over the many closed and boarded up shops. Only two shops still ran apparently.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

{OOC:...}

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:26 pm

User Image

XavierAlondraDemitri

Demitri checked the Alleys as they crossed them looking for potential threats. Xavier covered the back, being more a shield than anything. Alondra took lead as that is where she would always be. This was how the Stones traveled when outside, to protect themselves and show they were a tight trio. Alondra turned the corner and had to stop short to keep from running into two small children. This was not the place for ones as young as they. "Hello boys, may I inquire as to why you are in such a dark place?" She almost purred. Her voice powerful and soft at the same time. Her companions took their place at each side. Xavier was taking a drag from his cig and Demitri a quick toss back from his flask. They did not look like officials but they were both quite good at what Alonda employed them in.

The Stone Family
Slytherin by Nature, Prideful by Right

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
Matthew Warren
"The Spying Schemer"
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: Three adults on one. Looks like a queen and two unknown pieces against my King and Pawn. Best stay low and hold down.
╚══════════════╝

Matt looked up at the woman. Stared at her eyes, not letting up. He was testing his own willpower against her vault of eyes. He was but a mere a child, capable of little more then just pushing his soon to be younger brother behind him. He made no motion to create a battle, and he stuck with just the truth for now.

He was traveling in unknown territory with only a king and a pawn. The board was clouded in the fog-of-war and he couldn't make out the enemy lines. So he played it safe and pulled his pieces together. Tightened the defensive line.
"We were just looking around I finally got away from my overprotective mum. And I wanted to share some alone time with my new brother..." He replied as he nodded to his brother behind him. He didn't take his eyes away from the lady as he slowly turned his face back to her.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:51 am

User Image

XavierAlondraDemitri

Alondra smiled at the boy. He had spunk, most boys would run with their tail tucked. Pulling up her free arm, she placed it on Demitri's shoulder and leaned into him. You know this isn't the best place for brotherly bonding. In fact if your mother was to find you here, it wouldn't end well." She explained, taking a quick swig of the flask and handing it back to the Demitri. The boys then did a swap of their own. This was normal behavior for the trio, they liked to share. "Well kid I'm being rude. I'm Alondra, this here is Demitri, and Xavier. Were the Stones." She introduced.

The Stone Family
Slytherin by Nature, Prideful by Right

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:14 am
User ImageUser Image
Matthew Warren
"The Spying Schemer"
╔══════════════╗
Location: Knockturn Alley with Zephyr, Xavier, Alondra, and Demitri.
Thoughts: Think things through...
╚══════════════╝

The woman had a ring of truth, however, he was never one to give a damn about what his mother cared about. He only acted like a good little boy around her because of her 'proper etiquette' raising style. She introduced herself and her friends and he nodded to each of them as they were introduced. He found it proper to introduce himself and his brother. "I'm Matt and this is Michael." He said. He wanted to avoid giving these people his younger brother's real name so as to protect him. The situation was still the same, no one has made a move to the other, the pieces haven't moved an inch. What will the enemy play?

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Knockturn Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas