Skyward Sword Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:23 am
If you're talking about getting around being tedious, but saying that Windwaker did a better job with its overworld... I'm confused. That's like saying you don't like how you go back to the same places in this game but your favorite game is Super Metroid.

Windwaker could have had an island select as well, but every time you wanted to go anywhere you'd have to sail there. You could make it a lot faster by changing the direction of the wind, and you can make it go by faster in SS by being a better bird pilot, but it still takes time. I think getting to see the art style in both games overworlds is fantastic, and it really gives you time to stop and enjoy it. I love Windwaker's style and I love Skyward Sword's, and it really comes through a lot in their overworlds.

You can level up your quiver, seeds bag and bomb bag to get them to hold a lot more of their items. If you want even more space (maybe you're a slingshot aficionado), you can pick up and equip an extra bag for even more seeds. It's nice, and at first I thought it was dumb, but hey, any way to get to hold more of the items I use a lot (bombs), I'll take. If you don't like it, equip something else for your pouch. There is a s**t-ton of stuff you can get, and even with the max amount of pouches I was having to do some managing to figure out what I wanted to carry. Then I got a third bottle.

I'm not trying to just argue with everything you say, either. I don't think it's a perfect game, but I welcome change, and the changes Skyward Sword made I especially welcome. Shields breaking is a very neat addition in my opinion. The first time your shield breaks you freak out, and you really learn how to use them correctly. It reminds me of Punch-Out.

You can play Punch-Out and have a blast, and get through the first couple of guys by side-dodging and punching them in the face. I'd say those were all the Zelda games before. Once you get to Piston Honda though, if you don't know how to block, you're ********. You will get TKO'd no doubt. That is Skyward Sword. It makes your shield nearly as important as your sword, and you really make sure to shield bash against attacks so it doesn't sustain damage. You carry a purple potion just in case, over a fairy sometimes, and you'll think about repairing it whenever you go back to Skyloft. You make sure to maintain your shield, and I like that. It's better than just fighting enemies that eat your shield suddenly. Plus you can level up your shield to make it even stronger, and it makes you feel that more prepared to go into a dungeon, rather than just carrying four jars of fairies. It just makes more sense, you know?

I loooove upgrading weapons and items.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:25 am
But Wind Waker did it right. Sailing was interesting, most of the islands were unique and cool. There was stuff to look at, and you could just stop at any island and explore for a half hour if you wanted a break from the main story.

Skyward Swords has sidequests too, but they're all so centralized. You'll never really run into something by chance while you're flying.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:18 am
I think somebody is TIME BIASED.

The islands were the whole game, dude, if there were a few cool islands it was because THAT'S THE GAME.

How many shitty coral reefs were there in that game? Like 20% of the islands were coral reefs.

And yet I love Wind Waker. I think I can love both, and say they both did a great job. Wind Waker's sailing was primarily to mask load times, but it was fun anyway, and that's Nintendo Magic, but I can't say that most of the content of the islands are definitely better than the world of Skyward Sword.

I think somebody needs to realize they own a pair of fan-boy goggles too.

You get lots of rupees when you fly everywhere to get the little goddess cube chests, but you can also get neat things like medals which give your weird effects. Like the bug one you buy from Beedle shows you where certain kinds of bugs are.

And finding pieces of heart that way is a lot less tedious than running to the fortune teller so she can give you a vague image of some place in the very large--but uniformly colored-- Hyrule field. Ya just check your map, bing bang boom!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:34 pm
there can only be one good zelda game  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:14 pm
Oooooh my gooooooddd... I just realized... the Oocca are the isolated distant cousins of the modern Hylians of TP. Small genepool over time leads to more radical muations happening faster.

City in the Sky is a built up version of Skyloft.

I JUST BLEW MY OWN MIND.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:15 pm
Link had sex with a loftwing  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:21 pm
[Kegan]
I can love both [...] bing bang boom!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:05 pm
Know what else I love about this one? No more looking idiotic rolling around everywhere or running backwards or whatever other stupid thing. Link runs like a normal person.  

Waynebrizzle

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:16 am
Supposedly, the fastest way to move is the electric slide. Makes sense.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:33 pm
I think this is probably the best story in a Zelda game for any Zelda nerds. There were just so many things that you can look at and think about in other Zelda games that come after it in the storyline. I don't think any other story-based medium has really been able to do something like this, this well, this big in recent memory.

Such as: The red wings on the Hylian Shield  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:44 pm
Meta_Fish
I think this is probably the best story in a Zelda game for any Zelda nerds. There were just so many things that you can look at and think about in other Zelda games that come after it in the storyline. I don't think any other story-based medium has really been able to do something like this, this well, this big in recent memory.

Such as: The red wings on the Hylian Shield

I also saw similarities in The Sealed Temple and the Temple of Time.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:19 am
Just finished it. Would be my favourite Zelda game ever IF: It had a fun to explore overworld, had less padding, had more than 3 areas, had harder, more expansive dungeons, hero mode option from the start.

What I learned from the awesome story: The first Link and Zelda came from the sky and made babies presumably. Also, the first incarnation of Gannondorf was ******** badass.
Oh, and I totally saw the old lady being Impa thing coming. Gannondorf appearing like that at the end and being all badass was cool.

Super Cheesio

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:30 pm
I would have to say this is the least padded Zelda game.

They're usually pretty padded. Most games that tout game length are.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:06 pm
Super Cheesio
Just finished it. Would be my favourite Zelda game ever IF: It had a fun to explore overworld, had less padding, had more than 3 areas, had harder, more expansive dungeons, hero mode option from the start.

What I learned from the awesome story: The first Link and Zelda came from the sky and made babies presumably. Also, the first incarnation of Gannondorf was ******** badass.
Oh, and I totally saw the old lady being Impa thing coming. Gannondorf appearing like that at the end and being all badass was cool.

white text:Just to set things straight, the final boss is NOT Ganondorf. He's a demon that curses Link and Zelda to always fight with an incarnation of his hatred. So while Ganondorf IS an incarnation of Demise, they're not technically the same person. Demise would beat the s**t out of Ganon.  

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:00 pm
[Kegan]
I would have to say this is the least padded Zelda game.

They're usually pretty padded. Most games that tout game length are.
Yarr, there was very little time that I wasn't actually doing something, and I never had trouble knowing where to go, which are two things I really liked.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff