Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Recycle Bin: The Old Ages [Events/Arcs]
Hikari Uchiha versus Vincente Valtieri [Winner: Hikari] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:40 pm
[[did you read the second skill? The fire gathers into orbs and hunts you down. You'd have to get rid of the orbs first, and seeing as you were in the middle of the flames when they began chasing you....good luck]]  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:23 pm
[[Yeah, I've used the skill before, that's why I'm circling around in the air. I'll stop them when I figure that I want to. I was in the center, but you still had to do those seals, didn't you? I'll get rid of those orbs later.]]  

Valentine Valtieri

Blessed Hunter

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:29 pm
Ana Helios
[[Yeah, I've used the skill before, that's why I'm circling around in the air. I'll stop them when I figure that I want to. I was in the center, but you still had to do those seals, didn't you? I'll get rid of those orbs later.]]

actually no, I perform fire jutsu without hand seals....another perk of being fire sage, allowing me to move the flames from the first jutsu around you litterally the instant i reappear, and since the transformation jutsu is litterally an instantanious transportation, I doubt you'd have time to dodge, even if you had high speed. And just because I may have to do hand seals for something doesn't mean I have to take a long time to do it, some jutsu require 1 seal after all....and at our rank, I doubt we'd take long to do them...it's all rapid movements.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:31 pm
[[Alright, I'll edit it in a second.]]  

Valentine Valtieri

Blessed Hunter

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:18 pm
I have two issues here.

From my understanding of pandemonium, isn't it a giant orb that surrounds you like a barrier and then closes in, thus cooking everything inside like an oven? I don't think it's many smaller orbs. If my description is correct, it'd be impossible to fly away from it.

Second issue: You can't just fly away from the orbs regardless. Why? Flight takes time. Time to start, time to pick up speed. Even birds can't do it quickly or immediately without prep. Have you ever seen birds run away from cars? Keyword, run. Most of them decide they don't have enough time to engage in flight without getting squished, and I doubt the Kamisama are better at flying than avians. I may be wrong, but even if so, you'd be slower in the air than on land, and even dodging these on land would be difficult.

It seems like a completely impossible dodge. You can't just fly or jump away from everything... seriously. Also, where's your immunity to fire from? A custom?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:54 pm
Saemus
I have two issues here.

From my understanding of pandemonium, isn't it a giant orb that surrounds you like a barrier and then closes in, thus cooking everything inside like an oven? I don't think it's many smaller orbs. If my description is correct, it'd be impossible to fly away from it.

Second issue: You can't just fly away from the orbs regardless. Why? Flight takes time. Time to start, time to pick up speed. Even birds can't do it quickly or immediately without prep. Have you ever seen birds run away from cars? Keyword, run. Most of them decide they don't have enough time to engage in flight without getting squished, and I doubt the Kamisama are better at flying than avians. I may be wrong, but even if so, you'd be slower in the air than on land, and even dodging these on land would be difficult.

It seems like a completely impossible dodge. You can't just fly or jump away from everything... seriously. Also, where's your immunity to fire from? A custom?

(For the first one, nah, its a lots of little orbs that fly towards you. Fought against it before by jumping into a river i created in said battle. And second one, i agree. you'd have a better chance of dodging it using the seki-regan than with flying. and even that would be a difficult thing to do.
Its a Chunin fire jutsu. Surprised more people dont use it.
Katon: Taika no Jutsu (Fire Release: Fireproof Technique)
Description: At this point in time, the user has developed a natural resilience to flame and has come to know the pros and cons of their own techniques. With this knowledge in hand, they are able to not only guard themselves against fire and high temperatures but also anything around them. Expelling chakra at a constant rate, it acts a shield or buffer against all forms of heat, completely preventing them from harm. But by freely imparting this chakra onto a person or thing, they are able to pass on that very same shield. There are, however, limitations. ))  

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Valentine Valtieri

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:55 pm
Saemus
I have two issues here.

Nah, it's an actual jutsu.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:22 pm
Well, congratulations, it's now banned from the tournament lol.

Aside from being mega OP... it's... wait... mega OP. No fireproof jutsu, though I'll allow you to use its effect for this one post of yours, though pandemonium would still cook you IMO.  

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Valentine Valtieri

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:31 pm
What's IMO even mean?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:54 pm
In my opinion. Some burly resistance can't stop a sage using the one of the most powerful fire jutsu out there. Though... it does basically say it's an immunity... I'm not sure if Pandemonium could beat that. *sigh* I believe as a person that it's BS to stop Pandemonium with something like that, but the rules tell me that it could have. Not sure which way to go here. I want Snuff to give her opinion. I also want you two to wrap this up soon. I may have to call a winner depending on how I think you two did, and I have to say, it's in Snuff's favor; running and jumping from everything possible which is just impossible in itself, as well as exploiting moves like fire immunity against a sage, does not spell fairplay; I'm going to admit here, the completely generic defensive play here makes this match not a match at all. It's like playing against Might Guy in Storm Generations, where he just spams the same move over and over again and it's basically undodgeable and requires no skill... it's just annoying to watch. This tournament is supposed to represent skill rather than rank, which is why I made everyone Kage and banned almost all customs. There's no skill in typing "he dodged"... you got a bunch of auto-learns, you should've learned defensive jutsu.

This is basically an early warning: cut the cheap crap or you're disqualified.  

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:02 pm
If you want my oppinion, I think Pandemonium should fry him from the inside out. Honestly, I think that little lava inferno he was in way in the beginning should have fried him. Pandemonium works from the inside, shutting down your internal systems, which should be susceptible to fire no matter what. I'll admit, even I would have a hard time dealing with something like that, and I've got the spirit of fire with in me. A jutsu may say someone gets a resistance of certain ranks and such, but there comes a time when you need to stop looking at numbers and look at common sense. When the fire sage, someone who is supposed to be the most powerful fire user out there, pumps flames of that intensity directly into your body, you're pretty much dead. Your organs fry up and fail, and you suffer while you burn out your brain......  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:07 pm
Your opinions are exactly the same thing and end up the same way. And this could've been avoided if...I dunno, I was allowed to stay on the defensive from the freakin' beginning since I just got lead back to being on the defensive. But hey, if two people want to disqualify me for using something that says "complete resistance" then who am I to argue, I didn't make the skill. Feel free to move on.

Small note...I hate being told to do something when I know it's pointless, it doesn't matter if I'm bored or she's annoyed, I would've danced around all day if it lead to a win. Nobody ever said I had to be on the offense at all, there's no rule against being defensive, not a one.  

Valentine Valtieri

Blessed Hunter

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:09 pm
I never said you should be disqualified for being on the defensive. What I'm saying is common sense should come into play over that jutsu you've got. I honestly don't care if you turtle the match, it's a legit tactic. What I do care about is when common logic is thrown out the window for numbers and game play.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:15 pm
Yeah, but Shane cares >.>

I was about to edit...but not like it matters much anyway, I can tell Shane's just waiting for it so why not?  

Valentine Valtieri

Blessed Hunter

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:24 pm
I'm just frustrated with how everything... everything... is just magically dodged. Turtling is a legit tactic until a turtle is stepped on by an elephant. It's been ocurring a lot in this fight -- impossible dodges. In my fight with you as well... you somehow dodged both Kirin and Raiden's fury which are lightning speed and cover about 500 feet... so let's just say my personal experience is speaking here. There are no rules against dodging. But there are rules against god-modding. Snuff has let a few things slide, but I've seen impossibilities pile.  
Recycle Bin: The Old Ages [Events/Arcs]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff