Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
General opinions among us... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is Taiwan?
Seperate Country
44%
 44%  [ 17 ]
Chinese Rogue Province
55%
 55%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 38

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:05 pm
yalie5
wiim
yalie5
wiim
yalie5
oh... okay that's good. ooo korean... i can't speak it either... lol =P i don't like math... you can spend hours trying to teach me math explaining proofs and theorems in any language you like and i'd still look at you with a blank expression on my face lol... yeah history is really cool like uncovering a mystery or somthing like that. I'd like to be an historian or an archeaoligist... or a linguist... but i'm trying for psychologist. lol =P lots of ist...=P hehe^^ i'm no mathmatecian either but i take it anyway cause it's required and i don't want to pay for it when i go to college lol. =P and the way history is like a book in front of our faces math is a puzzle with too many numbers.

I didn't mind math very much in high school but just stopped and didn't continue in university. I'm glad since I have seen university level Calculus. confused But on the other hand, I regret dropping it altogether because math has always been so logical and rational. Now I've lost that. So yalie5, don't give up on math. It may save your life one day. ....Heh heh, in weird cases. blaugh

*sigh* math is okay... i just don't like the test. yes it is rational. but the test have too many numbers on one page and the time limit really gets to me. I like to take hard classes (that's why i will continue taking math that an cause my mom might kill me if i didn't) why? i don't know myself. logic and rationality... hmm... yeah it's true... but too many theorems and postulates and extra vocab to memorize. lol ^^... now i'm going to be distracted thinking of all the weird cases that math could save me. lol xp
Hm....that would be a pretty lame, but interesting thread to start. But not in here, our population is too low. I think the Chatterbox might be the best place to do that. Or, General Discussion. Yeah.... wink

yeah and we're so off topic right now lol... anyways back to taiwan. did you know that china is building smaller but more effecient army? They're training to use new weapons and what not and also they're now spending alot of money on defense... almost as much as the u.s.
No, I'm unaware of this. I am usually not up-to-date with 中・港・台 stuff. razz So are you hinting at something about China's military plans??  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:08 pm
no i'm not hinting at anything. though i think that china might plan to take taiwan by force and any interference will be dealt with. and that might lead to consequences that we'll all regret.  

yalie5

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:15 pm
...By force? China might want to wait until Bush is out of the Whitehouse first, eh? 'Cause since the US has some interest in Taiwan, Bush will likely send in support.

Also, if China made an advancement, will N.Korea help out or just watch? Japan will do nothing since they don't have an army. But they can again host the Americans....I suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:21 pm
wiim
...By force? China might want to wait until Bush is out of the Whitehouse first, eh? 'Cause since the US has some interest in Taiwan, Bush will likely send in support.

Also, if China made an advancement, will N.Korea help out or just watch? Japan will do nothing since they don't have an army. But they can again host the Americans....I suppose.

yes by force. of course americans will be sending in support that's why china's army is coming into the 21st. century. China's army will be something to be feared. and if americans interfere bad things will happen to us. N. Korea may help china if they want Taiwan to be communist otherwise i don't see why they would unless called upon. I'm not sure as to what is being planned right now... but i'm leaning towards war.  

yalie5

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:25 pm
yalie5
wiim

yes by force. of course americans will be sending in support that's why china's army is coming into the 21st. century. China's army will be something to be feared. and if americans interfere bad things will happen to us. N. Korea may help china if they want Taiwan to be communist otherwise i don't see why they would unless called upon. I'm not sure as to what is being planned right now... but i'm leaning towards war.

Imagine the balance of power shifts again, from the US, to China. Consider IF China gained new military and financial might just as US did in the last century.... Although China isn't communist anymore, but a republic state, how safe would you feel about it? ...Obviously if China was to gain that kind of stature, then Taiwan would most likely be their's.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:35 pm
wiim
yalie5
wiim

Imagine the balance of power shifts again, from the US, to China. Consider IF China gained new military and financial might just as US did in the last century.... Although China isn't communist anymore, but a republic state, how safe would you feel about it? ...Obviously if China was to gain that kind of stature, then Taiwan would most likely be their's.

true... but there's alot of change going on these days. and not if china gained. China has gained. They've spent quite a bit of money on defense. I'm not sure how safe i would feel. Though I don't think that a republic state is worse than communism. And those up in power might be able to reach an agreement but if now and war breaks hell between america and china (though is a possiblity may not happen because america's still recuperating from the middle east) then i'm going to have to say that i'd be running out of the country. and let's hope it doesn't lead to war.  

yalie5

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:12 pm
Let's hope not. neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:16 pm
wiim
Let's hope not. neutral

yup... if there was one and other countries go involved, the chinese of the world would be put in a very difficult position. do you give your loyalty to your host country or your homeland.  

yalie5

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:03 am
yalie5
wiim
Let's hope not. neutral

yup... if there was one and other countries go involved, the chinese of the world would be put in a very difficult position. do you give your loyalty to your host country or your homeland.

i'd kill myself infront of both leaders and write: "为国捐躯!" in blood on my forehead. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:14 pm
cold_blooded_chick
yalie5
wiim
Let's hope not. neutral

i'd kill myself infront of both leaders and write: "为国捐躯!" in blood on my forehead. xp

um... i can't read chinese... do you mind translating that for me? sweatdrop  

yalie5

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:27 am
yalie5
cold_blooded_chick
yalie5
wiim
Let's hope not. neutral

it means "die for my country", or somehting along the lines of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:12 pm
cold_blooded_chick
yalie5
cold_blooded_chick
yalie5
wiim
Let's hope not. neutral

oh... hm... rather drastic don't you think? whee  

yalie5

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:39 pm
yalie5
cold_blooded_chick
yalie5
cold_blooded_chick
yalie5
wiim
Let's hope not. neutral

oh... hm... rather drastic don't you think? whee
LoL... I never believed that war meant to "die for your country" but rather to "make the other poor b*****d die for his." xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:01 pm
tamcharles
LoL... I never believed that war meant to "die for your country" but rather to "make the other poor b*****d die for his." xd

ur right there, but the thing is, in order to make the other poor bastards die for their country, sometimes u have to die for ur own country.  

cold_blooded_chick

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:08 am
In this day and age, and where I live, Canada, people wouldn't judge all residing Chinese so quickly. It's not like back then where Canada put the residing Japanese of BC into concentration camps. Nothing evil like Auschwitz, but the Japanese were situated in one location so it would be easier to monitor them.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff