Welcome to Gaia! ::

Uriah Galleries

Back to Guilds

Photo gallery of Jonathan Uriah Denney 

Tags: Photography, Uriah Galleries, Gallery, Photo, Guild 

Reply Spam Folder (Chatterbox)
Want to get something off your chest? Throw it in here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:20 pm
My random ranty post:
i am sick and tired (literally exhausted) of working 12+hour days everyday with noo days off! i love my boss to death, and i like my job, but anyone would be at wits end about now! why is it that no one wants to do the job they are hired for? we go through so many employees where i work that we should just install a revolving door! there are a handful of amazing people that i work with that have been there for ever (like me) but we get the shaft every time some one new comes in and then gets fired! due to this horrible track record i will not have anther day off all summer unless we can find someone that will actually work! Waitressing is NOT hard people!!! take peoples orders, take them to the kitchen, bring out the food and clean off the tables! I MEAN REALLY NOT HARD!!! *takes deep breath*

As one of Gaia's Geezers i am going to give you young ones some advice: learn the value of a dollar, and the rewards of a job well done & done right. there are too many young people around now a days that dont want to work, but expect the world to just give them everything. thats not the way things are, and the sooner you realize this the better. start young get a summer job doing something that interests you. or if your parents let you, work for them! not only will you learn, it will help them out and they will appreciate the help. (i started working during the summers when i was 11 and it was the best thing i ever decided to do!) things are much more satisfying when you earn them for yourself!

nope didn't make me feel better.... and on that note i must go to sleep because i have to wake up for work in less then 5 hours! FUN!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:32 am
MadSam123
Pain Patrol
MadSam123
Pain Patrol
MadSam123
Just when I thought life couldn't s**t in my cereal anymore, our housing people go and slap a ******** eviction order on us. And why? Because the other tenant [who was supposed to move out in May] has finally put in a notice saying he's leaving.

When we asked about this before, he said it was fine because they just have to change the name on the contract. Now? Oh now suddenly it's not fine and it voids the contract so we have to leave.

So life, you throw my inability to get a job, no money, no time to myself and now NO HOUSE into one big ******** pot and thought you'd serve me up a bowl of bullshit soup!? Thanks for making me want to top myself EVEN ******** MORE!

Dammm man, you have it rough! well i kinda understand what you re going trhough exept the eviction part, but still im keep pressing on, im basicaly what they call an optimistic idiot razz you should try it too, it works sometimes biggrin

Optimism got me nowhere in life so I stopped bothering with it. Optimism has thrown yet another job rejection in my face [Found it in my junk folder this morning] so I'm done with it, I'd rather waste my life playing video games, because at least I feel like I'm accomplishing things in them.

yeah i know exactly what you mean, optimism dont get you nowhere but its not a reason not to keep trying, at least i say that for myself, i do have a job but i have to cling to it veeery tightly if i want to keep it, if i lose it, i l be in your situation, that i have already been through for 2 years, so no thanx

The whole job situation, the main thing that's getting me down about it is no one will even give me a chance. I've been looking for a job since I was 16 and have handed out over 20,000 paper CVs and 450 emailed ones. I'm now 21 and all I have are loads of rejections, no one has even given me an interview. I've changed my CV numerous times yet still no one wants me.

I have work experience from the voulenteer s**t and stuff I did on my own steam, I have grades, I have customer service and retail qualifications, yet nobody will give me a shot at a job. Availability isn't a problem either, I don't do anything so I'm always free. I'm willing to do any job, it's not like I'm being selective I'm hanging s**t out everywhere, even places I know I don't have a shot at getting.

The main thing that got me down recently is I put an email app in for a job I really really wanted in a shop in London that I visit a lot, they never got back to me. My friend put one in, two weeks later she got a job with them. She has less qualifications than me, yet she got the job and I didn't. They took one look at my picture [they wanted you to send images of yourself in] and judged me on that probably, that's what a lot of places around here do, they judge on appearance and not skills.

yeah i know what you mean, i for example, had been searching for work after graduating, at 17, and i only got one job at 20 years old, i did some s**t jobs before, and i didnt even got paid, after i found the job, they kiked me out after 6 month just because they " dindt like my face", and didn pay me my vacation nor my last month, then i changed countrys, and kept looking for a job, and when i finaly go tired from the "we want experience" i just lost my mind and screemed at the guy saying that if they want experience, maybe they should give it to me , then two days later, they called me back saying they "liked my atitude" and tryed me...i got the job but now they keep harrasing me (not only me but i m allways in the group) to quit ... well i just dont care annymore, i lost what i wanted the most and now i just dont have anything to fight for , but its in my nature to be a pain in the *ss, so i keep holding on jut to see their irritated faces for failling... i cant give you good advice because i only got my first job after i stopped searching...that wouldnt be a good advice xD but i do simpathise with your pain.
Maybe you should inlist yourself , who knows...  

Pain Patrol

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

MadSam123

Questionable Cat

12,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:37 am
I'm going to use my own threat once again, because life is making things unbearable.

So, things were looking up. I had fun at LARP with my friends, I was told I practically had a job all I had to do was do their online application form so they could get my details. We had a house set to move into at the beginning of August, so a lot of s**t was off my mind...

Was.

I got an email from the job I was supposed to be getting, a rejection letter. So I was really happy that I had finally gotten a job and that I would be able to start earning a living, only to be shot down at the last hurdle once again.

Secondly, the house. We got a call today from our estate agent guy. He can't transfer our deposits from this place over and wants £4000 from us for a deposit, plus an extra £400 to take the place off the market.

I have £369 to my name plus £35 to live off. How the ******** am I supposed to afford that?! My mother is in debt, my dad is poor as ******** and the job I thought I had I obviously don't have now!

On top of that my camera is still broken, my mum is moving so I'm running to and fro trying to help her out as well because my siblings are lazy sacks of s**t, I can't afford the travel to my mothers anymore, my dads hounding me about some stupid printer that he got me for my birthday that I never ******** wanted in the first place and I want to jump off a ******** bridge to stop this never ending cycle of life! I can't take it anymore!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:53 am
I may join this guild just for this thread alone...  

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

Spam Folder (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas