Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Creative Goldie Stuff -Novel First Draft Done: 125,366 words Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I want...
  to read Goldie's book!
  Goldie to do the Nuzlocke comic!
  BOTH OF THOSE THINGS!
  Goldie to shut up already!
View Results

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:45 pm
Wooo good progress dude!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:35 pm
To give a comparison of how much I've written in the last week, the total has jumped from 77,000 to about 83,000. I could totally be writing more, but I'm easing back into the whole 14,000 words a week thing I was doing before. I wonder if I could do 40,000 a week...and not burn out?  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:21 am
I suspect going that fast (40k a week) would cause a burn out.... but possibley only a temporary one depending on yur commitment to the story.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:53 pm
Approaching 88,000 words.

So I've decided to attempt a drawn run of Nuzlocking. The run itself is already finished, and the plot is structured and stuff. I'll be drawing it myself, which is somewhat terrifying since my art isn't really that great, but...I suppose it'll be a growing process.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:19 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Approaching 88,000 words.

So I've decided to attempt a drawn run of Nuzlocking. The run itself is already finished, and the plot is structured and stuff. I'll be drawing it myself, which is somewhat terrifying since my art isn't really that great, but...I suppose it'll be a growing process.
Best practice is scribblin practice!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:11 pm
About 93.5K words now. For comparison, the first two Harry Potter books are 76,944 words and 85,141 words respectively.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:23 pm
And this is still one book?!

Or is it gonna be split? also how close to done are you?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:47 pm
Yes, this is still one book. One of three currently planned.

I don't really think it's gonna be split. It's shorter than the first Twilight book still, and by the time it's done it'll still probably be a little shorter than it. Besides, if I were to split it, the first act wouldn't really be long enough to be a book on its own.

And in terms of doneness, I would say I'm maybe 15,000 to 25,000ish words away from being finished with the first draft.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:29 pm
Awesome dood!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:04 am
Current chapter is fully plotted out, and I THINK that there are a total of three chapters left to write. Maybe two, but I'm thinking three. Then the first draft will be complete. I'll have written a novel o_o Damn.

In any case, then I've got to go back in and revise. I should bother my friend's wife for tips on that >.>

EDIT: Holy s**t, I broke 100,000 words. This calls for some ice cream.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:02 am
Finished the chapter, but things are taking longer than expected. I now estimate another three chapters. Yeah, I know that's what I said last time. Maybe four. s**t, that would be another 20,000 words or something.

Lemme see...

1) Gotta get where they are back to where they were
2) Gotta go to the next place...I think the question is whether what I have planned there will take one or two chapters as well
3) Resolution.

So really the problem is in the second point there. I guess time will tell.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:10 pm
Be a troll and have the middle of the next sentence be ", and then the world exploded the end"  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:04 am
I think there's two chapters left. I think. Maybe two and like...a final closing...thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:05 pm
Two chapters and an epilogue?  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:05 am
Ok, with the way this chapter is going (ALMOST DONE), I now foresee it as having the last climactic chapter, the chapter where s**t winds down and people learn things, and then the final "where do we go from here" chapter with further winding down. So ANOTHER three chapters. Holy ********. So that'll be like what, almost 130,000 words by then? Then ALL the revising.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff