Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Blythe Family Cottage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:41 pm
User Image
The Blythes……………………………………………………
Jonathan // Natasha // Adalaide // Sebastian
Former Ravenclaw // Potioneer & Herbologist // Wearing at Homespace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // loving my wife, Natashaspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Natashaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Tiredspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Ah, I suppose I should go into the office today...' spacespac
Muggle // Gardener & Housewife // Wearing at Homespace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // loving my husband, Jonathanspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Jonathanspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I should get the girls up, get them to go for their school supplies today. spacespac
It'll be a nice outing for them, help take their minds off of things. spacespac
Hufflepuff // Fifth Year // Wearing at Homespace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Michelle, Olyvia and Sebastianspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Sleepyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Aaaah, why is she getting me up? I'm sleepy...' spacespac
Future Hogwarts Student // Toddler // Wearing at Homespace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Ada, Michelle and Lyvyspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Grumpyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Don't wanna be up wanna go to sleep again...' spacespac

════════════════════════════════════════════════

Natasha got up early that morning, her eyes bright. She rolled out of bed and got dressed, deciding that things needed to get back to some semblance of normalcy. The events of the week before with the Catlin family had upset the usual balance of her household. Not that she wasn't happy to be there for them in their time of need (and had they ever needed it! Those poor girls...), but the best way to help was to get things back to being as close to normal as she could get them. She went to the kitchen and started on breakfast. Cooking was relaxing for her, and she needed it. Once she had a decent sized meal prepared and set out for the family, she walked down the hallway, knocking on each door as she went and poking her head in the room. Time to get up, sweets! Breakfast is ready!" She waited to see a sign of life from each member of the household before moving to the next room to wake the next person. When she made it to the Master Bedroom, she walked in a crawled into the bed, tickling her husband. "C'mon, Jonathan, get up! We're going to have breakfast, as a family. Out of bed, lazybones." Once he was rolling over, groaning the whole time, she got back out of the bed and made another round through the hall, checking to be sure that everyone was actually getting up. Once she saw that they were all awake, she went to the Nursery and got Sebastian up and dressed. Once he was up, although a bit grumpy, she took him into the Dining Room and put him in his high chair, setting a plate of eggs on his tray.

Jonathan groaned when Natasha left the room. He didn't want to get up. He was tired. But, he hadn't been in to the office in a week, and hadn't done a lick of work. He supposed he should probably get some breakfast and go to his office. He got out of bed, somewhat begrudgingly, and got dressed. When he joined his wife in the Dining Room, she already had breakfast laid out. He took a seat without a word and made himself a plate, offering Natasha a smile to let her know she was appreciated.

Adalaide didn't really want to get up, but she knew that her mother was an early riser and would make her, so she got out of bed and got dressed. As she walked down the hall, she offered a wave to Michelle and Olyvia and made her way to the Dining Room. "Morning Mum, morning Daddy," she said, sitting down and making herself a small plate. She was never overly hungry in the mornings.

Sebastian watched from his highchair as his sister and daddy sat down and started eating breakfast. They both looked super grumpy, just like him. He ate a bit of the eggs on his tray and looked around, waiting. Were Lyvy and the other joining them?

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:21 pm
User Image
╔══════════════════════╗
τнε---¢ατℓιи ---ƒαмιℓÿ
╚══════════════════════╝

Chairs thrown and tables toppled. Hands armed with broken bottles.
Standing no chance to win. About time we gave up hoping

Victoria blinked her eyes open to the sun pouring through the window of the spare bedroom she had been so nicely given. When Natasha came to wake her, she smiled at the woman and pushed herself out of bed, cooing to her newborn baby delightfully. She didn't care if Melody kept her up on and off all night. Her baby girl was beautiful and healthy and the sweetest thing in the world. She couldn't believe her luck. Her daughter was far from the harmful hands of her 'fiance' and perfectly healthy. She knew it this luck had come with the price of her premature labor and pain for her and the poor girl who barely spoke a word, but she still felt absolutely lucky. At the moment Melody was fast asleep, so Vicky took the chance and walked out to the dining room. She smiled at the family already sitting there a took a seat next to Natasha and made herself a plate of food. She was starving, but she seemed to always be starving recently, what with a newborn keeping her up at night and all the stress from what she had gone through. It wasn't a surprise really.

Olyvia groaned and rolled over when Natasha came into the room, but she knew for certain her sister was probably awake and that if she didn't get her butt out of bed she would be literally dragged out by the older girl. So slowly she sat up and got out of bed. She yawned and rubbed her eyes before glancing at Michelle. "You coming?" She asked. The Slytherin nodded but made no effort to move so Lyv shrugged and bounced off down the hall and into the dining room. She smiled brightly at the rest of the family. "Good morning!" She said, her voice as chipper as ever. It was as if none of the things that had happened a week ago had ever happened. She was good at being happy, and okay. The bad stuff that happened just got shoved into the deepest pits of her mind and locked away forever. She smiled at Sebastian and ruffled his hair. "Hey there cutie." She said giggling at the toddler before taking a seat at the table and making herself a plate for breakfast. Moments later, her eyes darted up to watch as Michelle entered the room silently. Olyvia always knew when her sister was there, even though the girl moved so silently she could be a ghost sometimes.

Michelle had been awake before Natasha even came near the room. She had gotten out of the bed Ada's family had provided for her and was standing by the window, staring out of it. When Natasha opened the door, she turned her head briefly to glance at the woman. Finally she turned away from the window to make sure he sister was out of bed. Olyvia had never been one for mornings, but Olyvia was already at the door and asking if she was coming. Michelle nodding quietly and turned back to the window for a few moments. Her mind was swimming with ideas and plans and she didn't know what she wanted. She didn't know what she wanted to do yet, but she had made herself a promise. If Vincent ever touched anyone else, Michelle would make him pay. Now he had and she wasn't planning on breaking a promise to herself. She didn't know how she wanted to make him pay, but she did know one thing. She knew who she could go to if she wanted him dead. She sighed and turned away from the window finally and walked silently into the dining room. She didn't speak or even smile, just took a seat next to Ada and looked over the table.

Although we have no obligation to stay alive, we will survive
We won't be left here, behind closed doors.

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:01 pm
User Image
Former Ravenclaw // Potioneer & Herbologist // Wearing at Homespace
CURRENTLY WITH // Natashaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Tiredspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Ah, I suppose I should go into the office today...' spacespac
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I should get the girls up, get them to go for their school supplies today. spacespac
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Aaaah, why is she getting me up? I'm sleepy...' spacespac

Natasha smiled as the rest of their hodgepodge of a family joined her at the table, her eyes watching Michelle carefully. "Michelle, dear, please eat. You need it." Nat had absolutely no experience with such things, but she was fairly certain that keeping healthy was important for a girl who'd been through such a horrible ordeal. Besides, the young lady had shot up like a weed and was far too skinny. She waited a moment, and then addressed the three girls. "I was thinking it might be nice for the three of you to get out. You're old enough, I think you could go get your school supplies without our supervision. Spend some time out of the house. Right, Jonathan?" She glanced to her husband, who had thankfully already downed his first cup of coffee. He'd be much more agreeable with the caffeine in him.

Jonathan finished the food on his plate, glancing up when Natasha asked his opinion. He wasn't really sure why she'd bothered; Adalaide had gone to Diagon Alley on her own last year, hadn't she? And after all, Nat had always been the strict parent. He smiled a bit and nodded as he took his plates to the kitchen. "It sounds fine to me, Nat. Although, with Vincent's shop being there..." He paused. Perhaps is wasn't such a good idea for the three of them to go to Diagon Alley. Their father was surely looking for them. His jaw clenched and his hands tightened on his plates for a moment as he thought about that miserable excuse for a man. "Then again, Michelle, you did say he was going to 'disappear.' If that's the case, he'd hardly be hanging around the shop, right? Just... be careful and I don't see a problem with it." Few people would know it, but honestly, Jonathan didn't really worry about his daughter in the slightest. She was strong, and brave, and wholly unafraid to take action when she needed to. He had no doubt that between her and Michelle, the three girls would be fine. Still, he thought the warning was necessary, as a parent. He set his dishes in the sink and headed for the fireplace. "I'm going in to the office today, Nat. I'll be back for dinner." With that, he whisked himself away to work.

Adalaide had mixed feelings about her mother trying to tak care of Michelle, not because she didn't want her to do it, but because she knew that Michelle wasn't used to being taken care of. She was glad that her mother was trying, but she didn't want Michelle to become resentful or something and get annoyed with her mom. When the subject of Diagon Alley got brought up, she bristled a bit. What if he was there? What if he stalked them, watched them shop, and then cornered them and tried to hurt Michelle and Olyvia? She supposed he might try to hurt her, too, for helping them, but she wasn't honestly very worried about that. She was too busy worrying about them. She turned to Michelle. "It's you're call. Do you think it would be safe?" She offered a smile and a "Good-bye," to her father when he left, still waiting on Michelle's response.

Sebastian, happy to see Lyvy, his new favorite person, smiled widely when she joined them at the table, and immediately started chattering away at her about eggs and orange juice and all sorts of other things. His eyes were wide and happy. He didn't really listen to the conversation going on at the table. Bastien watched as his father got up and put his dishes away, and waved at him when he headed to the fireplace, knowing that he was about to leave. "Bye-bye, Daddy!" he called out, giggling when the green flames enveloped his father.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:29 pm
User ImageUser Image

ஐ Pureblood ஐ Fifth Year ஐ Single ஐ

Show me how to lie. You’re getting better all the time
And as you step back into line. A mob jumps to their feet
Now dance, dance Man, he never had a chance

Michelle blinked grey eyes at Natasha as she told her to eat. Michelle had never taken orders well but she also knew the woman was just trying to be nice and caring. She just wasn't used to people caring about her and she wasn't positive she liked it yet. When people didn't care, she got to do whatever she pleased and go where she went. Of course she met with consequences when she did that around Vincent, but she would never count what Vincent thought as caring. She sighed and took a tiny bit of food just to appease the woman, before hearing her suggestion about Diagon Alley. She looked up training cold grey eyes on the woman curiously, but moments later he eyes darted to Jonathan. She tried to keep the sneer off her face at the mention of Vincent.

"Even if he is there, and I doubt he will be, he would never do anything in public. You've met him before after all. You would never have guessed this." Michelle smirked slightly and ran her hands through her hair slowly and glanced at Ada. "We'll be fine." She said simply before reverting back to her usual silence. She had alterior motives for wanting to get out of the house though. Diagon Alley would be as good as any place to try and find who she knew would help. She picked at her food silently, not really hungry.

With a thousand lies, and a good disguise
Hit ‘em right between the eyes
When you walk away, nothing more to say
See the lightning in your eyes. See ‘em running for their lives

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:04 pm
User Image
Natasha // Adalaide // Sebastian

Natasha listened to the conversation with wary eyes. She hadn't thought about Jonathan's shop... but Michelle was likely right. The man would hardly show up for work after what had happened, right? And even if he did, it wasn't as though Ada and the girls would go into his shop. She would be much more worried about him stalking them, although truth be told, if he were looking for them, he'd come here before he would she shopping center. She finished her own breakfast and gathered up the plates. "I'm sure Michelle is right. And it'll be good for you all to get out of the house for a bit. Go, have fun. It'll give Vicky an opportunity to be alone with her baby, and me an opportunity to clean up around here." Cleaning up after three teenagers was turning out to be a bit of hassle. She'd enjoy the alone time... not that she'd really be alone, since Vicky and Melody would be home, but the two of them weren't exactly in the way.

Ada shrugged. "If you think it's okay Michelle. And besides, I get the feeling that if we didn't go to Diagon Alley, we'd end up wandering Ottery St. Catchpole all day. I think Mum wants us out of her hair." Adalaide supposed that going from a household of three or four to one of eight was rather jarring. And her mother liked a clean house, and she liked having time to herself. She hadn't had much of any alone time since the Catlin's arrival last week.

Sebastian, still not really listening, was done with his eggs, and proceeded to fling a few across the room at his sister and at Lyvy, giggling and laughing the whole time. "Eggs!" he said simply, cackling like a madman at his own antics.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:43 pm
User ImageUser Image 

ஐ Pureblood ஐ Fifth Year ஐ Single ஐ

Show me how to lie. You’re getting better all the timeஐ 
And as you step back into line. A mob jumps to their feetஐ 
Now dance, dance Man, he never had a chance

Michelle stood slowly, barely having eaten anything on her plate. "Shall we go then?" She asked, her voice held a certain tone of eagerness that was unusual for the white haired teen. She grimaced as the toddler began throwing eggs and quickly stepped out of the target zone, smirking slightly when her sister got hit by a piece of egg. She held out a hand to both her sister and her friend, hoping to get out of the stuffy house as soon as possible. She wasn't used to having to stick around some place for so long. She liked to go where ever she pleased, but she would feel bad doing that to Ada's family right after they had just taken her and her sister and his fiance in. She glanced at Vicky briefly and shrugged. Added to her want to get out of the house, she also wanted to find Tay. He would help her like he always did, and honestly she just missed him as well. Strange of her to admit though, and she would never admit out loud.

Olyvia blinked as a piece of egg hit her in the face and turned to the small toddler boy. "Really?" She asked, a teasing tone to her voice. She stood up when he sister held out her hand impatiently and ruffled Sebastian's head. "You're still a little cutey, but I'd rather not have eggs in my face." She smiled at the young boy before taking her sister's hand gently and glancing at Ada.

With a thousand lies, and a good disguiseஐ 
Hit ‘em right between the eyesஐ 
When you walk away, nothing more to sayஐ 
See the lightning in your eyes. See ‘em running for their lives

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:05 pm
User Image

Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Wearing at Homespace
CURRENTLY WITH // Michelle and Olyviaspacesp
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'It will be sort of nice to get out of the house.' spacespac

'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

═════════════════════════════════

Adalaide finished her breakfast and took father up the girl's plates, taking them to the sink and rinsing them off to lessen the amount of work her mother was about to have to do. She knew that Natasha liked doing the housework (for whatever reason), but it still made her feel bad when her mother had to clean up after everyone. Once she had most of the mess cleaned off the plates, she turned and offered her friend a bright smile. "Alright, I'm just going to grab my purse." The teen ran to her room, grabbed her things, and was back in the living room in less than thirty seconds. She grabbed a handful of floo powder and tossed it into the fireplace, smiling a bit when she heard her brother giggle. "Diagon Alley!" she called, stepping into the swirling green flames and disappearing.

'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

Exit to Diagon Alley Streets

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:34 pm
User Image

CURRENTLY // Wearing at Locationspace
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Overall, today was pretty good, I think...' spacespac

Adalaide arrived home and hugged her parents and brother before offering a small wave and heading to her room. She was happy, but exhausted, and wanted to curl up with a book. She was sure that if Michelle or Lyv wanted to talk, they knew they could come into her room, but really, she wanted to spend some time alone. As nice as today had been, Ada'd fought with Michelle a bit, and she was worn thin from it. She also wanted to get away from her friend so that she had a minute to breathe. She wasn't entirely sure she wouldn't launch at her with her teeth bared after the conversation about Tay. It still rankled her that Michelle had almost died and not told her. She went to her room and curled up on her bed, pulling the book from her bedside table. She was only a few chapters into Interview with the Vampire, but she'd been enjoying it immensely. It could drag on a bit here and there, but overall it was very good. And Louis was a fascinating character. Very poignant. She really felt for the poor guy. She pulled a blanket over her and turned to her bookmark, losing herself in the words in a matter of minutes.

User Image

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:23 pm
۩۩۩˜*°.𝓵ä.°*˜۩۩۩
є ұ гςє ςє
User Image
I'm gliding in the beautiful sky, it's such a clear day, oh
Go riding in your sweet lullabies, come fly away, oh

Alpha swooped into the window, landing gracefully at the foot of Ada's bed. She looked over to the girl who seemed to be deeply involved in her book and hooted inquisitively. She had flown quite the distance to deliver the letter, and was hoping for a bit of a rest before flying back to Gracie.

Chris
"Dear Ada,

Hi, it's Chris from the night by the Lake. I know this has to be probably the weirdest thing, but I kind of figured I should write to you to see how you were doing. Don't ask me why, but I can't seem to stop thinking about you it. I know it seems strange. Weird guy writing to you that you don't know. Trust me, it's strange to me too. Anyway, I just figured I'd write to see how you are doing and all.

Sincerely,
Chris"

OOC: Borrowing Alpha for the post!
Feels like there's nothing around to make me stop
You are a motion that makes me high You are a dream that burns inside
Come Fly with Me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:44 pm
User Image

CURRENTLY // Wearing at Locationspace
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Overall, today was pretty good, I think...' spacespac

It took the Hufflepuff a second to notice the owl at the foot of her bed. She looked up, her eyes going wide. Who was sending her mail? That wasn't Marina's owl, or Nell's, and Michelle and Lyv were both here. She wondered briefly if it was Damien's, but she'd seen his before, too. She reached a hand out and pet the bird's head, having no earthly idea who else would be writing her. She reached in her bedside table and pulled out a small tin of owl treats, handing a couple to the bird before taking the letter from him. She read it over, her eyes growing wide and her face turning red. No way. No bloody way. This... this was so not happening. Michelle was freaking right? He'd been thinking- no, couldn't stop thinking about her?! She started absently petting the owl, reading the letter over and over again. This... this was too weird. Not because he was weird; not even remotely. No, she was more amazed at the fact that somehow she'd made some sort of impression on him that he was writing to her now. She had no idea how to process this. She offered the owl a couple more treats. This was too weird. And she couldn't help but wonder if maybe Gracie had a hand in this. The girl had seemed dedicated to getting the two of them on a date. Maybe she'd talked to Chris? Or... maybe this was from Gracie. Ada couldn't say for certain that she'd recognize the girl's handwriting, especially if she'd tried to cover it up. And she'd sounded like she would do anything, in spite of any arguments from Ada... or possibly even Chris. But, then, if Chris didn't like her at all, surely Gracie wouldn't be so mean, and surely she would have at least talked to him first... which still left Ada wondering why on earth the mysterious older boy was thinking about her in the first place.

User Image

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:46 pm
User Image

Jonathan // Natasha
Former Ravenclaw // Potioneer & Herbologist // Looking Handsome at Homespace
CURRENTLY WITH // Natspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Protectivespacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'My daughter... is dating a vampire?' spacespac
Muggle // Gardener & Housewife // Looking Lovely at Homespace
CURRENTLY WITH // Jonspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, let's hope he doesn't take this too badly.' spacespac

Natasha Blythe had entered her home with a knowing smile on her face, trailing behind the girls, watching silently as they settled in. As soon as she saw that they would be fine without supervision for a while (or at least supervision on the part of either her or Jonathan... Vicky could handle them, she was sure), she approached her husband and took their son from him, passing him off to his older sister. Adalaide and Sebastian both reacted ecstatically to being reunited, and Natasha left them with instructions to stay in either the Nursery or one of the bedrooms... she and Jonathan needed to have a talk.

Jonathan had watched his wife with a curious eye from the moment she returned home with their three girls. He handed Sebastian off to her without protest, hugged his daughter and their two basically adopted girls, and then allowed her to lead him to the bedroom. She had an odd look about her, like she knew something he didn't and was dying to tell him. He had a feeling that it had to do with this secret she thought Ada had been keeping from them all year. He sighed a bit as she closed the door behind them. If she was this happy, then she must have been right; their little girl had a boyfriend. It shouldn't surprise him; she wasn't really all that little anymore, after all. She'd be sixteen soon enough. Only had two more years left of school, and then she was an adult. It should be more surprising that it'd taken this long; after all, Adalaide was as pretty as her mother. And her mother'd had more than her fair share of admirers, though she seemed utterly oblivious to that fact. He wondered, briefly, if it was the young man he'd seen watching as Ada rejoined them after the fiasco at the Circus. When she'd been questioned about the event, she'd said that Michelle had been taken away by a friend, to safety, and that someone else had been protecting her. He'd had his suspicions that the boy had seemed a bit too intense as he watched her, not leaving until she'd been tight in their arms, safe. Perhaps her savior was now something more?

He sat on the edge of their bed, smiling at Natasha, patting the seat next to him.
"So, go on, say it. You were right. It's a boy." Natasha wasn't really one to gloat, but generally, whenever Adalaide went through anything that connected her more closely to her mother than to him, she clung to it, like a lifeline. He knew that Nat had always felt a bit out of sorts with being the odd one out. Not having magic made her feel like she couldn't be a part of certain aspects of her daughter's life, which hurt her. The fact that he so closely shared those very things with her was hard on his wife. So, whenever something happened that was beyond his ability to understand, but was exactly within hers, she seemed to enjoy it. So, he was more than happy to let her gloat, just a little.

But, Natasha didn't gloat. Her smile as still there, still excited, but there was a tension in her eyes as well. She didn't sit with Jonathan. Instead, she stayed on her feet, her hands clasped together, a nervous habit. One their daughter shared, actually. "Yes, Jonathan, it's a boy. A very nice boy, from what Adalaide told me on the ride home. But, there's one little thing... that you might not like. She flashed him a toothy grin, a sure sign that whatever she had to tell him wasn't going to be good.

Jonathan leaned forward, his elbows on his knees, his chin resting in his hands. "What is it, Nat?" His tone was cautious, still light, but wary. His expression was the same; eyeing her with trepidation. The silence stretched between them for a moment, and he stood, approaching her, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Come on, pet, if he's a nice young man it can't be that bad. So tell me; what is it?" He met her gaze, staring into her eyes, feeling a seed of worry taking root in the pit of his stomach. She never hesitated with him; they told each other everything, without fear. Even when they disagreed on things concerning the children, they never kept secrets. So what was it she was so afraid to say?

Natasha took a deep breath. She knew this wasn't going to be an easy thing for him to hear; she needed to ensure that he listened past the initial reveal. But she couldn't see any way to phrase it, other than the plain and simple truth. "Well, his name is Christopher, Christopher Whitethorne. He's apparently from a very old family, and he's a Squib, with a twin brother... and he's a vampire." She waited, watching Jonathan's face. She'd seen a spark of recognition at the Whitethorne name, curiosity over his being a Squib and having a twin... and then a flash of anger and worry at the word 'vampire.' "Now, Jonathan before you start to panic-"

"Start to panic?" Jonathan roared, stepping back from her in shock. "What would you have my reaction be, then, Natasha, if not panic?"

She shrugged lightly, knowing she was treading dangerous territory, and knowing she had to say just the right thing. "I don't know, Jonathan? Worry, yes, certainly, you should feel that even if he were just a boy, but honestly, I think panic is a bit melodramatic-"

"Melodramatic? Our daughter is dating a vampire and you think I'm going melodramatic?!"

"Well, dear, you are yelling, which, really now, isn't the best way to approach anything. You're a smart, logical man, Jon. Just take a couple deep breaths, calm down, and think." Nat knew she was taking a risk, calling him out on his irrationality, but she knew the second his expression changed that it'd worked. Typical Ravenclaw. Tell them that they were being illogical and they immediately set everything aside to correct that. She went to him, wrapping her arms around his waist this time, looking up at him. "Now, I know that I'm not a witch, and that I don't know as much as you do, but I do read your paper and your books, and I listen to you talk. You're not against vampires, Jonathan. You've been saying for years that people who hate them on principle are closed-minded. This isn't a reaction to what he is; it's a reaction to your daughter having a boyfriend. If it wasn't this, it would be something else, and you know it. My father had the same reaction when I told him about us; even with Hannelore being a witch, he still wasn't sure about you, because I'm a muggle and you're a wizard. This isn't any different."

Jonathan was loathe to admit it, but she was right. He knew it; at the boy's family name, he'd immediately begun drawing the lines, thinking about the fact that, as far as he knew, it was a family of Slytherins, and wondering if she was throwing herself into another situation like the one with Damien. His being a Squib and having a twin both came with their own sets of oddities, things that, while they weren't nearly as disruptive, might have made him worry for her. But clearly, the vampire bit was the standout. And yes, he had reacted far too sharply. He sighed, running a hand over his face before embracing Natasha. "You're right, you're right. I shouldn't have jumped so quickly. But... this isn't nothing, Natasha. This is serious. We need to talk about it. And... it's not the same as us, Nat. Vampires are... you know what they are. How they live. And that's dangerous."

Nat nodded. "I know that, dear, but they aren't any more so than any other person, not really. I'm sure there are plenty of vampires who have more self-control than many witches and wizards and muggles. And Chris must; Adalaide told me he was the one at the Circus, who was protecting her. You saw the blood on her hands and feet, the blood I washed from the hem of her skirt. It was everywhere, and he kept it under wraps. She said she didn't even know what he was then-" Jonathan's expression turned sharp again, and she shushed him before he could speak. "It was only the second time they'd met, Jonathan. I think the boy is entitled to let a girl see that he's a nice guy before he tells her something that might ruin her opinion of him." Jonathan gave a small roll of his eyes, but he nodded. They sat on the bed then, and they talked. The conversation lasted a few hours. They had a lot to cover; how would they handle this, did they really want to give this their blessing? Natasha was a firm yes, but Jonathan still wasn't convinced. Finally, after a long discussion, they decided that they were going to invite the young man over to meet him. Natasha was eager to get to talk to the boy, and Jonathan wanted to ensure that he understood where they stood with one another. Jonathan was determined not to like Chris; not because he was a vampire. Simply because he was his daughter's boyfriend. Jonathan had a very high bar set for the young men who courted his daughter; Chris would have to do a bit of jumping to reach it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:17 pm
User Image

Bullet
Male Screech Owl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another new place, another letter. Who knew that being the owl to someone not magical was going to have him flying all over England? It was definitely odd, especially since the person who sent him on this was his owner's twin, though he wasn't human. Ironically, Bullet actually enjoyed the fact that Chris was a vampire, if only because Chris usually could be found giving him treats in the middle of the night. He was nocturnal, as was Bullet. Now, if only his owner was nocturnal as well. He swooped down and fluttered to a stop, landing on the sill of a window. Pecking at the window, he waited patiently for someone to open it for him.

Chris

Ada,

Sorry about not owling you about how things went with my sister. Went pretty well, to be honest, even if she threatened to hex my maker into into the next century. I figured I might want to warn him about that, to be honest. It would make things very awkward, for sure.

I'm also sorry for causing trouble with your folks. I really didn't mean to freak them out. I mean, I can talk to them if they want, as long as they don't try and kill me on sight or something. Chalmes said it was probably because I'm dating you. He got a threat like that once, mostly because he was dating this one girl and her parents didn't approve. Said it was because he's a grease monkey and wouldn't be good enough. I have a feeling that being a grease monkey and being a vampire are two different things, however, and the one is a lot easier to accept than being a member of the undead. Anyway, I really do apologize for any trouble though, and the headaches. There's probably a lot of those.

Anyway, things are alright over on my end. I officially moved out of Hogsmeade, though I can still go visit there if I really wanted. Let's just say bartending really isn't what I want to do in life, and I really needed to find something I'm more interested in. My father (yes, I've talked to him too) said he could probably get me a job in his place here shortly, I just need to apply and go through an interview. Granted, my hours are going to be in the middle of the night, but at least it's better than nothing. Plus, he's short on editors, and he said I would have no issues there.

Um, what did you do? You're not going to tell me, are you? Hmm. I guess this means I have to brave your father's disapproval, huh? I can do that. Umm, just don't let him go too crazy, please? I mean, you know why. Just send an owl. And sorry about not keeping in touch. If anything, I'm going to try and owl you more often from now on.

Chris

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:56 pm
User Image

CURRENTLY WITH // Familyspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Trepidatiousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Let's see just how nice of a guy he really is, then...' spacespac
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oooh, if Jonathan can just relax this should be so lovely!' spacespac
Hufflepuff // Sixth Year //Looking Bewitching at Homespace
CURRENTLY // single // fancying // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, God... please let this go well, please don't let Dad be a jerk...' spacespac
Future Hogwarts Student // Toddler // Looking Adorable at Homespace
CURRENTLY FEELING // Curiousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'What's going on, why's everyone so funny tonight?' spacespac

Jonathan Blythe sat in his chair, a clipboard in front of him, glasses at the end of his nose, looking over a series of notes he'd made concerning a potion. It wasn't anything overly important, just some busywork to pass the time while they waited on Adalaide's... boyfriend. The thought made him want to cringe ever so slightly. He had to keep reminding himself that, no, he didn't have anything against vampires, no, he didn't think they were any more dangerous than anyone else. It was so easy to grab onto that one fact and latch onto it, using it as an excuse not to like this boy, whoever he was. But, he was determined to try and ignore his fatherly instinct to protect his daughter; after all, it was, in all likelihood, completely misplaced. There was nothing wrong with Adalaide having a boyfriend, and nothing wrong with vampires... so why should their be anything wrong with her boyfriend being a vampire? Still, his jaw was tense, and he was continuously looking at the time. He did hope that the boy wasn't daft enough to think he could show up at midnight. Nat had said for him to come at any time once he was available, but she hadn't meant it literally. Or, rather, that was what Jonathan told himself; at times he wasn't so sure. He thought that, had it been possible, Natasha would've invited him to come over whenever he wished, and found some way to provide him with a meal to boot. She was being rather accommodating... which he supposed was alright. Their daughter was nervous enough with just one of them being concerned; had both of them taken his stance, he didn't know how she would've handled it. Nat's enthusiasm was probably doing a fair bit to keep the girl sane while she waited; after all, this had to be nerve-wracking for her. It was that fact alone that made him determined to play nice... at least for the most part. He did still have to make sure the young man knew better than to toy with or break her heart, after all. He had to say, though, she certainly seemed to be quite enamored with him. She had dressed up for a simple visit; one of her prettier, nicer dresses, stockings and heels... even wearing makeup that she'd asked her mother to apply to ensure that it was perfect. He was a little disquieted by just how grown-up his little girl looked... that blonde hair was doing nothing to help. Rather than making her look like a sweet little child, it'd aged her, made her look more mature. Sometimes he had trouble reconciling the young woman before him with his sweet little angel. But, it was her, and she was growing up. He just had to accept that. That didn't mean he wasn't going to hold onto her, of course... just a little looser, so she had room to move. To breathe. No matter what happened, he wanted her to know that he was always there for her, after all.

Natasha, for her part, was far, far to excited. She'd been up since dawn cleaning the house and making it nice for company, despite its having already been in perfect condition. She'd taken a nap around three, only because Jonathan had insisted (and she was quite certain he'd put some sleeping potion in her tea, actually), but other than that had been up in a tizzy for the entire day. She thought she might've worn on Jonathan's nerves a bit, and made her daughter even more anxious about tonight, but really, she couldn't help it. This was a moment she'd been waiting for a very long time, after all. Longer than Adalaide had, in fact. The brunette had even made sure that they all took their meals early that evening, so that she could have the kitchen spotless before their guest arrived. She didn't really know a thing about vampires, after all, but surely inviting them for dinner was rude? And she'd have hated for him to have arrived in the middle of the meal, which would have just been awkward. Equally inexcusable would've been his seeing her kitchen a mess. She'd taken great pain to make sure everything was as perfect as could be. Sebastian had even been gotten up late and given an extra-long nap so that he could meet his sister's beau. Natasha was bound and determined that tonight go well, and damned if she hadn't done everything in her power to ensure that it did.

Adalaide sat on the couch, her legs tucked under her, her nose in a book that she hadn't read a word of for quite possibly the last hour. She'd started a new one today, despite being over halfway through The Queen of the Damned. Somehow she'd felt like it would seem a bit odd that she was reading a book about vampires... while waiting for her vampire boyfriend to come over. Actually, the timing with which she'd grown interested in the series was sort of laughable; after all, she'd had no idea when she'd started reading Interview that the object of her obsession was, in fact, a vampire. Still, the idea of his coming over to see her and finding the third in the series sitting on the coffee table was something that made her stomach to strange little flips, so she'd shelved it for the night and picked up The Hobbit instead. She'd gotten a fairly decent way through it, too, until almost sunset. Then, she'd suddenly gotten very, very nervous, and hadn't been able to focus her attention since. She thought she might've been on the same page for perhaps fifteen minutes, and didn't recall a single thing she'd read on the previous four or so. She sighed, her hand going to her hair, ruffling it gently, glad that she'd left it down tonight, because she'd done that very thing at least ten times in the last ten minutes. After another moment or so, she closed the book and bit her lip, her eyes straying to the door. She had a feeling that, when there was finally a knock on it, she would be racing against her parents to get to it first. She got it, she totally did. It was their house, they were just now meeting him, whatever. But she would absolutely love it if she could at least get to say hello to him before they both got a chance to make him super uncomfortable. Between her father's glowering at him and her mother asking him every question under the sun, she doubted very highly if she was going to get more than a couple words in with him all night. She wished that her mom had just invited him to dinner; the act of putting food in their mouths and chewing would've given her at least a couple seconds, after all. But, of course, Natasha would never do that, at least not without first asking him if such a thing were acceptable... which she wouldn't ask, because really, how rude would that be? Questions about his childhood, his siblings, his parents, oh, yes, all that was fine, but ask him about his diet? Heaven forbid. Ada fought the urge to sigh, not wanting either of her parents to sense her annoyance. They were trying, after all. Really, her mother was being great, wanting to meet him and getting all excited about it. Her dad... well, he was being a dad, and really, shouldn't she want that, at least a little? But this entire thing just had her wanting to tear her hair out with nerves, a habit that she was forcing herself to break... because he'd asked her to. Likewise, she was trying to stop biting her lip (and she stopped herself from chewing it right then, as it occurred to her that she was doing so) in an effort to prevent occasions like the night she'd met him to discuss Ronyo and his sister. Not that they really did much kissing, but still, should he want to kiss her, she didn't want him to have to avoid it because she'd torn her lip open. Not that she'd be getting a kiss tonight... she had a feeling Chris would be far to respectful of her parents to even try. Maybe when they weren't looking... She gave her head a mental shake, not wanting to tread down that thought path. No thoughts of kissing, or anything like that. Certainly none of how handsome he was when he got that serious look in his eyes, or that sexy little half smile he did where just a touch of fang would show... that time, she actually shook her head, flushing ever so slightly. She did not need to have a hormone attack while she was sitting in the living room with her parents! Especially not right before the cause of that attack was going to be there... any... minute... her eyes strayed to the door again, and she crossed her arms, her entire being a bundle of nerves. Oh, this was going to be soooo awkward...

Sebastian had spent the entire day watching his family running around like mad people (well, not really his whole family, just his mother and sister), and it had amused him to no end. Something was going on, and he had no idea what. His eyes were wide and curious as he regarded the three of them. Daddy was tense, Mummy was excited, and Adalaide... he didn't even know, really. She seemed to be really happy about something, but really upset to, and he had no idea what was going on. He watched as she put her book down, getting a very strange look on her face. He stood from his spot on the floor, where he'd been playing with Mina (who was a much nice kitty than Dracula, he thought), to waddle over to her, climbing up on the couch and plopping down next to her. He didn't speak, just sat next to her, and then sort of fell over so he was laying against her arm. He looked up at her and blew a raspberry, which made her smile a bit. She reached over and tickled his belly, making him squirm and giggle, and he batted at her hands, trying to push them away. After a moment, he turned and started to tickle her back, getting a few giggles out of her before she grabbed his hands in one of hers and used the other to lift his shirt. She then blew a big raspberry on his tummy, which made him squirm so hard he fell off the couch. Before she could worry that she'd hurt him, he stood, giggling like a fool, and went back over to Mina, grabbing the kitty toy and playing with her again. Ada was happy now, so he'd done his job, right? He sat down on the floor, waving the toy around, giggling as the little cat, with its stubby little legs, tried to chase after it. Whatever they were all waiting on, he couldn't wait 'til it happened. He didn't know a thing about what it was, but surely it was going to be fun, right?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:51 pm
User Image
User Image

There are many things that I would
Like to say to you
But I don't know how

Chris walked up the way to the home, one hand in his pocket and the other holding a small package. He wasn't sure if Ada would like the present, but he had thought of it when she mentioned not being able to talk to him much. Consequence of not having an owl, he thought. Though the fact that he had been invited to dinner had been odd. He hadn't expected for an invite so soon. Maybe her parents were just trying to get it out of the way and determine if they should stake him or not. Not that it worked, but it probably hurt like crazy. He knew that was how Dragon had ended up in his area. He cringed. Maybe that wasn't a good thing to think about before meeting someone's parents, how they were going to stake him, that was. If anything, that just meant he was expecting them to automatically hate him, which Ada's mother had said that that wasn't the case, just that he was her daughter's first girlfriend. Perfectly reasonable. Now, if only he could convince his nerves that he was just fine, he would be doing very well.

As he got to the door, he swallowed nervously before biting his lip and knocking. Good, still have pretty good control over his strength. At least he'd eaten before he left, since he didn't want to suddenly get hungry and expose that part of himself. If anything, it would validate any fears they might have of him. Oh great, were those his hands sweating? Okay, so he was nervous. He had every right to be. He was meeting his girlfriend's parents after all. It wasn't like he was dating someone much younger. Or, well, he was in a way. Great, now he was imagining her father hexing him to death. Well, if he could die from that. He wasn't sure. He shifted from foot to foot, hoping he wouldn't be lost in his thoughts for long. If he was, he was going to panic and chicken out and he knew it. Deciding to shove his hand back in his pocket, he tried to stand still."I hope they don't take too long. I think the wait's killing me more than the actual meeting would..."

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall

--------------------------
State: Nervous
OOC: ...
--------------------------

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:36 pm
User Image

CURRENTLY FEELING // Trepidatiousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Let's see just how nice of a guy he really is, then...' spacespac
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oooh, if Jonathan can just relax this should be so lovely!' spacespac
Hufflepuff // Sixth Year //Looking Bewitching at Homespace
CURRENTLY // single // fancying // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, God... please let this go well, please don't let Dad be a jerk...' spacespac
Future Hogwarts Student // Toddler // Looking Adorable at Homespace
CURRENTLY FEELING // Curiousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'What's going on, why's everyone so funny tonight?' spacespac

When the knock sounded, four heads turned to look at the door. Adalaide's eyes went wide, and she swallowed hard, glancing to her parents out of the corner of her eye before jumping up and bolting to the door, determined to get there first. Once she was standing in front of it, she glanced back over her shoulder, noticing that, rather than standing right behind her, her parents were still in the living room... with her mothers arm across her father's chest, as if she were holding him back. Huh. That was unexpected; but, Ada wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. She stood there for a second, suddenly a bit nervous about seeing him... this would be the first time he saw the blonde, after all. What if he didn't like it? She forced herself to stand straight, and steeled herself. "I'm going to step out on the porch and talk to him real quick. We'll be inside in a second." Then, before either of them could argue, she opened the door, stepped out, and closed it behind her. She then clasped her hands behind her back, looking up at him, unable to keep the smile from spreading across her face. "Hey. You came." Well, that was a silly thing to say. He'd told them he'd come. She'd only spent the entire day preparing for him coming. She'd dressed up for him. But she was just so nervous about what he would think of her hair and him having to meet her parents and it was just nice to have a moment outside alone with him. There was a pause, and then she closed the distance between them and wrapped her arms around his waist, resting her chin on his chest to look straight up at him. "I missed you," she told him, her voice catching a bit. She really had missed him quite a bit. Being apart was rather difficult. It'd be easier, though, after this year. She'd been taking the Apparation test and then if she wanted to see him all she had to do was pop over to... well, wherever he was. If he did end up working weird night hours at his dad's store, she could come keep him company, maybe... they'd figure it out.

Jonathan had been on his feet the second the knock sounded, intent on answering the door, as was proper. Typically he wasn't one to care about such things, found them rather pointless, actually, but in this instance he very much felt like he should be the one to answer the door. But, before he could take a single step, Adalaide was up and running, and Natasha had her arm in front of him, her expression telling him to stay put. When Adalaide said she was going to talk to him on the porch, Jonathan opened his mouth to argue, but she was out the door before he got the chance. He glared after her. "What on Earth are they talking about out there that they can't in here?" he asked, not really wanting an answer. He knew, logically, that she wanted to get to say hello to the boy before he came in to meet them. Adalaide was convinced that he was going to spend the evening interrogating the boy... which wasn't far from his intention, but still.

Natasha dropped her arm, rolling her eyes. "Jonathan, you know that the second he comes in here, you're going to be asking him all sorts of questions... and for that matter, so am I. She doesn't want to talk to him alone so that they can talk about things she doesn't want us to hear. She just wants to get to actually talk to him. Relax." The brunette sat back down, leaning back on the couch, figuring that they had a minute or so before the two came inside. No sense in standing around all that time. She'd get up when they came in so she could shake the boys hand and be a proper hostess.

Jonathan made a sound rather like a grunt, knowing that Natasha was in all likelihood right, but not caring to admit to it. He couldn't help but think that they were probably out there with their hands all over each other, doing things that young people did when they were dating... things he did not like to think about his daughter doing. Of course, Ada wouldn't do that outside, where a neighbor could just walk past and see her... but that was his logical mind thinking, and the other part of him just wasn't listening to it. Rather than sit with his wife, he remained standing, his fists clenched. He hoped that they came inside soon... he really would hate to embarrass his daughter by opening the door and demanding they come in. But, he didn't think he'd be able to stop himself. Vaguely, he wondered where all of this over-protectiveness had come from. He'd never been a particularly overbearing father before. He'd thought he was actually quite casual, easy-going. He trusted his daughter and pretty much let her do whatever she wanted because he knew it wouldn't be anything bad. But the topic of a boy got brought up and suddenly he had his wand at the ready, eager to hex anyone who even looked at her. It was quite strange, actually.

Sebastian watched with wide eyes as his sister suddenly ran for the door, giggling a bit. What was she all excited about? When she went outside, he pouted. There was someone outside? He wanted to meet them! Or see them, if he already knew them! He stood, starting to walk towards the door, but Natasha called him back. He turned to his mother, giving her a bit of a mean look, but walked to the couch and sat down all the same. He wanted to know what was going on! Daddy looked scary and mummy was all chipper and Adalaide was acting really weird and he was so confused!

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas