Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dante-Sayre
Crew

Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:14 pm
Star slid effortlessly off Scream's back and smoothed his hair with one swipe of his hands. Of course it was styled in such a way that flight didn't really muss it up. After giving Scream's neck a couple pats he recalled the bird and tucked his ball away, eyeing the establishment to the right. "I see." While he acted unimpressed, he did enjoy he VIP treatment. He eyed the gathered line, not taking notice of any obvious trends as he clasped his hands behind his back and approached the building, "You come here often, then?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:13 am
“I did when I first arrived in the region, but I haven’t really have time since I started my new job,” KO replied smoothly, turning and sauntering towards the door.

The people waiting in line outside the door were well dressed to a man. One might even go so far as to say some were fabulously dressed. KO ignored them completely and reached over the red rope to tap the muscular man managing them on the shoulder.

Harry the bouncer turned around with a scowl on his handsome solid face, but when he looked down to see who had tapped him his brows lifted and his striking violet eyes lit up with pleasure. “Kirk! Long time no see; where’ve you been? Not frequenting some other bar, I hope. I like the suit.”

KO grinned and lifted his chin with his head titled at a slight angle to regard the taller man, resting his weight on one hip. “A man of taste as ever I see Harry! I made it myself, of course. And no, I haven’t been cheating on Prism, I’ve just been very busy with a new job.” A grand gesture was then made over his shoulder at Star. “This is Ian; I’m working under him, but he’s agreed to come out for a few drinks with me. His time is valuable though, and we’ve come a long way just to grace this fine establishment with our presence... you wouldn’t keep us waiting in line, now would you Harry?”

Harry’s dark brows lifted further as KO spoke, and when the red-head finished speaking he cracked another smile. “You know I wouldn’t do that to you Kirk.” His eyes then flicked on to Star and he added; “Or to anyone with boots that wonderful.” Unclipping the rope beside him he stepped aside and gestured at the door. “Go on in gentlemen, and have a good night.”

KO grinned and looked up at Star again. “After you.”

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Dante-Sayre
Crew

Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:31 pm
Star stepped aside, hands still clasped behind his back as KO took the lead on approaching the bouncer. He made an effort not to glare too much when KO used his real name. It was appropriate, given the circumstances. Even Star knew that Star wasn't a real name.

His ever-present sneer softened into an arched eyebrow when the other man's appraising glance ended in a compliment for his boots. It seemed genuine. This was a rare thing from anyone who wasn't KO. Looking a little surprised, and rather pleased with himself, Star offered the other man a dismissive nod and stepped inside. He hadn't been sure about this outing at first, but he was feeling less miserable now than he had slouched at his work table.

He didn't say anything but his expression and posture spoke pretty clearly to his changing mood.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:49 pm
The interior of The Prism was clean and modern looking, making heavy use of glass and clear plastic. The chairs and stools around the tables and at the bar looked comfortable though; clearly form and function had been forced to co-exist in here. The lighting was soft, the music low, and absolutely nobody was chugging pints.

Once inside KO paused to look around, and acknowledged a couple of other patrons here and there with lazy gestures. Greetings done with he walked on towards the bar.

Behind the bar stood a slight man not much taller than KO himself, sporting a long forest green French braid and an eyebrow piercing. The uniform of bar staff seemed to be white, white and white; green-hair's shirt, tie, waistcoat and pants were immaculate. As Star and KO approached he looked them up and down appraisingly, and then smiled in apparent approval. "Good evening," he greeted in surprisingly deep tones for one so dainty, "What can I get for two finely dressed, perfectly coiffured gentlemen tonight? White Russians are our special cocktail tonight, two for one. If that doesn't take your fancy there's the drinks menu there for you, and if you're hungry I can get you our food menu for the night."

Cocking his head, KO looked up at his companion. "What's your poison, Commander? I'm buying," he purred.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Dante-Sayre
Crew

Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:56 pm
Star glanced around the bar with a look of vague approval. Clean, refined, not loud. No rugged men guzzling beer and fighting over a pool table. Nice. If anything was peculiar about the bar's patrons, Star didn't seem to be taking notice.

The small man speaking caught his attention. He listened for a moment, glanced at KO, then nodded at the small man, "A White Russian will be fine."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:58 pm
"Make that two White Russians then," KO grinned at the man behind the bar, sizing him up but deciding they would clash. "Open a tab, would you?"

The tab was dutifully opened, and two perfect triple layered cocktails were soon slid across the bar. KO picked one up delicately and raised it to Star with a smirk. "Shall we toast a night off, or men of wealth and taste?"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Dante-Sayre
Crew

Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:07 pm
Star sighed and picked up the drink, eyeing KO, "...I'm not sure how much wealth either of us has at the moment." He sipped the drink without toasting. Because he's rude like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:34 am
KO quirked an eyebrow. "We have our intellect and ingenuity; one could say that makes us richer than any fool with mere money... makes us more likely to acquire aforementioned money anyway." As Star had snubbed him the red-haired man smiled and toasted the air before tasting his own cocktail. Mmmh, yes, good; good but potent. He was going to have to watch how he drank tonight, the aim after all was to end up the more sober of the two of them by a large margin, and as ever to keep in control of the situation.

"Shall we sit over there?" KO Indicated a booth in one corner. "Comfortable, and far from prying ears." It was of course meant for more than just two people, and taking it was greedy. The amount of care KO had for that was too small to detect even with a powerful electron microscope.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Dante-Sayre
Crew

Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:15 am
Star eyed the indicated booth. Apparently it was acceptable because he nodded and meandered in that direction. "I don't recognize any faces from work here." His voice had a positive tilt as he said this. It was clearly a plus.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:20 am
KO shook his head slightly and slid into the booth, crossing one leg over the other and lounging back on the long couch that made up one side of the booth. "I don't know of anyone who frequents the place," he elaborated. "I can't imagine why, well beyond taste not being the strong suit of most of our colleagues.

"Must be hard for you," he sipped his drink again, watching Star over the rim of it. He set the drink back down on the table. "Not being appreciated like you used to be, I mean." Might as well make a start on getting Star into monologue mode; it would be easier to slip things past him - such as who was drinking how much - once he started talking about his favourite subject.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Dante-Sayre
Crew

Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:35 am
Star sat across from KO, though he didn't occupy the booth quite as gracefully as his coworker. He adopted his typical hunch and rested his arms on the table, eyes scanning the bar. Star was angular in all the things he did, including sitting.

When KO turned the topic back to him he focused back on the redhead, frowning. "Hmpf. You have no idea. None of them understand the mistake they're making, not putting me in charge of a division. I don't know how Temero ever started a company if he's so incapable of recognizing a good thing when it lands in his lap." Star sipped his drink, looking bitter.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:10 am
"Probably prejudiced," KO drawled lazily, taking a slow sip of his drink. "The whole mess with our former employers and his brother must have blinded him to the advantages of having you take up a position where your skills can be put to use. Only a fool would let emotion cloud their judgement like that; unwise having them in a position of authority." Yes, yes he did mean Star, and Star would never guess. KO smiled and ran his eyes down the drinks menu on the table, pondering what to get for them next. Preferably something where he could give Star a double or a triple while he took a single...  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Dante-Sayre
Crew

Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:35 am
Star clearly liked hearing that Lucere shouldn't be in charge. Or at least he liked thinking that's what he was hearing. "We can't be the only ones who've noticed the man isn't well suited to his job. We haven't been here very long and it's already perfectly clear." He swirled his drink and sipped it again. Complaining about those in authoritative positions above him always seemed to perk up Star's mood.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:48 pm
"Maybe its our outsider's perspective," KO mused, "Having seen it done differently back with our old employers - in the old days - this new style is... grating." KO sipped his drink and looked at Star over the rim. "Although I suppose he does seem to have kept the place running well enough; perhaps he does realize your skills, maybe he's just waiting to see what you'll do left in a position you're not suited to."

It couldn't be denied that Star was very good at what he did, and more than being intelligent and talented in the field he was experienced. Having him as a grunt was a bit of a waste of his talent but placing him there made sense, it made sense for any new recruit no matter what their skills. Poor Star simply couldn't understand that though, not when it came to his glorious self. Poor poor Star; all he wanted was to be respected, called Sir, bowed to, told how amazing he was on a daily basis... was that really so much to ask?

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Dante-Sayre
Crew

Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:53 pm
"Feh. Just because he's managed not to burn the place down doesn't mean he deserves any sort of commendation." Star's retort had a sort of begrudging tone that suggested he knew KO was right. Lucere had built a successful empire. It couldn't really be scoffed at.

Suddenly eager to switch the subject, Star's still-sober eyes focused sharply on KO. "So what exactly are you looking to accomplish at Team Rocket? Got it aaaaall planned out yet?" He dragged the question out and topped it with a condescending smirk. Star had arrived at the tower in the desert after careful planning and dangerous sabotage. KO had arrived there after a chance encounter in his car. As far as Star was concerned, the good doctor had no plans. At least none as good as his.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff