Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Knockturn Alley
D'Lux Gold, NPC Owned, Available Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:26 pm
User Image
User Image

Payson walked the dark ally making her way to the sketchy bar. Looking around she check for any wandering eyes before darting in. Her mood was not as perky as it normally was, today was the anniversary of her mothers accident. She had sent Penelope out with the kids to have some fun and keep there minds off it, but this was her day. The one day she let herself feel the pain she'd felt since the day the told her that her mother was dead.

She moved smoothly through the club as though she'd belonged. This was not a normality for her but she adapted well. The men she could handle and the bar had better drinks the the leaky cauldron and she need a strong drink. As she got to the bar there were a few others around going by there manner of dress she picked the seat next to the cleanest one though the look on his face was much like she felt it seemed though she was showing it.

Deciding to help her with her mood she did what came natural. "Can I buy you a drink?" She asked getting the bartenders attention. She planned on having a decent night of it, "Can you start me with a tab and Patronus Flame please." she asked and looked back at the man to see if he wanted to take her up on the offer.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:10 pm
User Image

User Image

When Garret looked over, he was surprised by the young lady beside him. It wasn't common practice for a woman to buy a drink for a man, though given today's women... He shrugged. "I apologize, I already bought the first round. Perhaps you would buy the second if you wanted to? When his drink arrived, he raised his shotglass to the woman and shot it straight down. Slight burn, but he kinda needed it at the moment.

He did c**k an eyebrow at the woman beside him, trying to figure out just why she seemed interested in him, of all people. "My name's Garret. So, may I ask why you happen to be here this evening, or are you looking to just have a good time?" He wasn't sure if she was going to say or not. Knockturn Alley had its own crowd, and they tended to be an insular lot at best.

----------------------------------
State: Feeling miserable
OOC: ...

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:42 pm
User Image
User Image

She nodded taking her fresh drink and moved the straw and drank it back. She fought the urge to cough as it wasn't a normal activity for her. "Second round then."She agreed asking for another for them both. Taking a proper seat she studied him now that she was a bit closer. He was a lean build and tall, she liked that he was tall.

He introduced himself and she took her eyes of his torso and looked into his quite breathtaking eyes."Nice to meet you Garret, I'm Payson."She offered. Pondering a moment on his inquiry of her reason for being there she settled on,"I'm just here to forget the past and I'll take a good time if I can find it"

Taking a deep breath she asked him the same,"What about you Garret, what bring you here on this lovely night." She asked trying to focus on him and forget the pain bubbling up in her.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:54 pm
User Image

User Image

Garret blinked as Payson drank her beverage in one go. Well then, she was serious about forgetting the past. He just wished he could forget his just as easily. At least He wouldn't feel so confounded half the time around Megan and angry the other half. Recieving another shot from the barkeep, he twisted the shotglass in his fingers, deciding to nurse this one a bit instead of doing a second straight toss. However, he heard her ask about why he was here, and he cocked an eyebrow. "I guess I would be here for the same reason as you. It's a long and complicated story, to say the least." One that he didn't want to talk about. Which was why he was here, trying to get sloshed instead. Might kill a few brain cells, but it would at least get his mind off of Megan for a few hours.

However, he did feel a bit of a buzz from the tequila, so he figured he could probably unwind a bit. "So, the two of us, out for an evening of forgetfulness. Maybe that's a sign that we should do something together. You know, probably at least keep each other company and try to keep the other from becoming morose." Well, misery loves company, right? Only, he didn't want to wallow in his. The prospect of encountering a woman that wasn't trying to manipulate, kill, or make up with him. just talk, was gold for him right now.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:29 pm
User Image
User Image

Payson listened and nodded as he explained his reasoning as well. she was a bit distracted by the noise level, the dj was playing songs and the dance floor was filled so the room was filled with voices fighting over each other."Well then we shall both just forget of our trouble for the time then." she offered up with a smile.

The club was loud and she could hear him but she did have to listen over the music, looking around she spotted the couch was open and happened to be farther away from the dance floor."Well then we agree, we shall both keep an eye on the other then."She responded to his proposal. She stood and took his hand and gently pulled him away from the bar making her way through the other people about to end up at the black couch.

She set her drink down and released his hand using it to smooth her dress down as she seated herself."There now we can talk, so Garret, tell me something about yourself what is it you do?" She asked taking a quick sip of her new drink. She was genuinely interested in learning more about him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:23 pm
User Image

User Image

Garret was pulled along with Payson, dodging dancers and clubgoers as they passed. He could see where she was bringing him, a couch off away from it all. Hmm, well, it would alleviate some of the feelings of closeness in the club. He sat down with her, suddenly aware that they were more or less alone in the bar at the moment. When she asked what he did, he chuckled a bit, thinking that if the ministry even knew what he was doing, he might be chucked into Azkaban for aiding and abetting. "I currently work for the Ministry, as head of the Witch Watchers, actually. It's tough work sometimes, but it's actually not all that bad. I think I've seen worse things with what the Aurors have to do." And no, that wasn't bringing his thoughts back to that one fateful summer when his world came crashing down with the revelation his ex was still alive. If anything, it had the opposite effect. He let his thoughts stray for a bit before returning to Payson. "What about you? I expect you must be an interesting sort."

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:48 pm
User Image
User Image

Payson pushed out the remainder of the noise from the club, here in the back it was quite private and make it a good deal easier to hear each other. She crossed her legs like a lady should and relaxed into the couch. Listening intently on what he was saying. Mentioning he worked for the ministry perked up her attention that much more. Her father had been in the same field when he passed. She though to bring it up but didn't want to dampen the mood. "That is a noble job you have, and I as a random witch appreciate what you do for us." She said with a big smile, her tone light and playful as though it were a joke. She wondered if that was his reason for hanging out in not the best of pubs or if he just didn't want to be spotted like her.

"Well now that I know you could turn me in, I best keep quiet." she remarked with a chuckle. Thinking on it for just a moment she came back with. "Currently I am just a home maker for my sisters, but I did attended Durmstrang and I am pretty good with a fire staff I must say so if you ever need some flashy back up you just ask." She answered with a laugh.

Looking up she could see the two floors above them were just as full as theirs with even more dancing on the next. Her mind rested on the fact that she never got the option to have a party life, she basically became a mother right out of school, taking on her younger siblings and raising them from that point on. If her parents were still here what would have happened, would she be here dancing the night away like the others around? Payson decided not to dwell on it and her thoughts returned to the man in front of her. "So you're a bad guy catcher, and you like tequila, so far you seem pretty good handsome stranger, but I wonder can you dance?" She baited him with a smile, interested to see what he would do.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:39 pm
User Image

User Image

Garret was actually surprised by the fact that he was thanked for doing his job, making him feel ashamed about his current dealings with Megan. Damn. He was trying though, that had to count for something, right? But how much of a relationship could it be if he was being imperioused by her at the very start? Honestly, he was glad that he at least had one chance to be with someone not psychotic, and that made him miss Sarah all the more. He nodded quietly at her insistence about helping out, with a bit of a frown on his face. "I Usually I don't ask the general public to assist in an arrest, no offense, though I have seen some excellent duelists in my time. However, I don't reject help when I need it." Well, a polite no, without being a no. though he wondered if she would even be interested in such a position. It was hard work, and he was certain that not many civilians could do it.

When asked if he could dance, he blinked. He hadn't danced in years, to be honest. "Dance? I, well, I haven't danced in quite some time, probably my fifth or sixth anniversary. I wouldn't know if I'd be a satisfactory partner." Which was the truth. his attemptsSarah had always laughed at some of his attempts, but overall loved him for his attempts. He felt the pang of his wife's death, but resolutely pushed them aside. He was here to forget his troubles, not make some more. He stood, his eyes flashing her a challenge. "I daresay we could test that theory of whether I could dance or not."

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:47 pm
User Image
User Image

Payson hung on his words as they slid out of his lips, his voice was amazing each word had such passion even when he was unsure of each word. It was refreshing to her normal company which was a silent or sarcastic little sister, or both depending on the day. Men were not in her life ever really unless she bumped into someone at the store. She had gotten so used to playing mom that she'd stopped doing anything else. Penny was old enough not to need her but Pandora was not and though Payson loved her sister she was not the most attentive mother. Shaking her head of home as that is what she is trying to get her mind off of she focused back on Garret. She almost laughed at his face once she asked him to dance.

He mentioned an anniversary causing her eyes to jump to his hand looking for a ring. She wanted to have a good night but not at the expense of someone's marriage. She never wanted to be the cause of splitting up a happy couple. Payson let out a breath as she could see no ring on his finger currently, though it tempted her to ask she decided it would be best to let it go for now. Getting the okay she took his hand once more. "I'm sure you will do great! Just do what feels natural." She stood pulling his along with her back on to the dance floor.

Finding some space in the packed floor she turned to him just as the tune turned to a slower pace, making her let out a giggle. Her hand moved to slide around his taller frame. She started slow as he said it had been a while, her eyes watching their feet at first to ensure they would not step on one another. To the observer I'm sure it look strange to adults acting as though they were in high school having there first dance. "See not so scary right?" She said looking up at him with a smile. Her movements were smooth and easy, dancing had been a love of her's before she'd taken on the homemaker role. She had most enjoyed ballet for a time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:36 pm
User Image
                                  So what am I not supposed to have an opinion
                                  Should I be quiet just because I'm a woman
                                  Call me a b***h cos I speak what's on my mind
                                  Guess it's easier for you to swallow if I sat and smiled

User Image
                                  ════════════════════════
                                  𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝒾 || 𝐿𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓁𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓈 || 𝐸𝓃𝑔𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒽 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓈𝑒𝓇
                                  ════════════════════════

Eretria stepped into the club, her eyes already alighting on the place and watching carefully. She seemed to be the first one here, in any case. She walked to the bar, already watching the local clientèle and dodging one that seemed intent on moving to the other side of the place and purposefully bumping into her. Casting a glare his way, Eretria made it to the bar and took a seat, watching the bar and the door quietly as she ordered a drink for herself. She was certain that Magni would totally deck anyone that decided to try and pick her up here, but she didn't want her boyfriend to be in trouble. She swirled her drink absently when it came, and sipped it gingerly. They shouldn't be long in getting here now, right? She never knew Shina or Amanda to be late for much, Shina actually never late for anything, and Ariana would be coming too, from what she knew. Now was just the waiting game.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I hope they get here soon, otherwise I might have to hex someone...
                                  Taken By: Magni Borson

Fenris

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

So what am I not supposed to say what I'm saying
                                  Are you offended by the message I'm bringing
                                  Call me whatever cos your words don't mean a thing
                                  Guess you ain't even a man enough to handle what I sing

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Shina Kiremono~Former Ravenclaw~English Seeker

User Image

Shina stepped into the club on sky high red heels, a red coat brushing mid-thigh. Grinning as she looked around, she slid the coat off her arms, shrinking it and slipping the now tiny scrap of fabric into her pocket.

Striding across the floor, deftly avoiding rude hands, she slid onto a barstool next to Eretria. A moment later, she too had a drink, a complicated looking thing that was actually just a blend of fruit juices and sparkling water. "So, ready to have some fun?" she asked her teammate.

User Image
((OOC: ... ))

Wearing | Animagus Form

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 pm
User Image

Amanda flashed her ID to the bouncer outside of the club before he let her in. Upon stepping inside, the girl's blue eyes scanned the first floor which didn't seem to be too busy. At least, not yet. Glancing towards the dance floor, Amanda didn't spot any of the girls from her graduating class, so she continued her search for Eretria, Shina, or Ariana. The blonde made her way towards the bar, and as she approached it, she noticed two out of three of the girls sitting together. “Hey,” she greeted Eretria and Shina as she slid into an empty seat. Amanda wasn’t much of a drinker, so she started the night by ordering a glass of water.

((OOC: outfit in picture))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:16 pm
User ImageUser Image

Ariana's high heels clicked on the hard floor with every step she took while her manicured fingers unbuttoned her jacket as she made her way towards the group of girls she spotted sitting across the bar. "Is it too early to dance?" she joked, standing over Eretria, Shina, and Amanda. Having fun was never a difficult task for the brunette, but if the girls wanted to order liquor first, Ariana would join them for a couple drinks.

((OOC: short post o3o also, quoting you to tell you my charries have been posted : 3))

User Image

Diamond Wales
Nanashi Kage Enjeru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:09 pm
User Image
                                  So what am I not supposed to have an opinion
                                  Should I be quiet just because I'm a woman
                                  Call me a b***h cos I speak what's on my mind
                                  Guess it's easier for you to swallow if I sat and smiled

User Image
                                  ════════════════════════
                                  𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝒾 || 𝐿𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓁𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓈 || 𝐸𝓃𝑔𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒽 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓈𝑒𝓇
                                  ════════════════════════

Eretria watched as her former classmates and current teammate joined her at the bar. It was odd, seeing them without their house colours, but not unexpected. After all, they hadn't been in school robes for a year now, and they had grown up. The blonde did give Shina a bit of a smirk though, and crossed her arms to consider Ariana's question. "I don't know, are you drunk enough to have some drunk guy sweat all over you while you're dancing and try and take you home? I would rather hear a no in that department, though, considering this is girl's night, and girl's night means any guy tries to pick us up will get hexed into next week." Eretria hoped that Ariana wasn't guy crazy, because she would have to spend all evening personally ensuring that no guy came around her. She already had a plan to make like she and Amanda were a couple if a guy got too friendly with them. Best friends did not let the other go off with total skeazeballs from bars, after all.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I hope they get here soon, otherwise I might have to hex someone...
                                  Taken By: Magni Borson

Fenris

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

So what am I not supposed to say what I'm saying
                                  Are you offended by the message I'm bringing
                                  Call me whatever cos your words don't mean a thing
                                  Guess you ain't even a man enough to handle what I sing

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Shina Kiremono~Former Ravenclaw~English Seeker

User Image

Shina laughed. "This is a look, don't touch night. But if you want a dance partner who isn't a grabby neanderthal, I'd be happy to dance with you," she offered to Ariana.

User Image
((OOC: ... ))

Wearing | Animagus Form

Knockturn Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out