Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply OOC
2-for-1 ♥ Matope Twin Directory! (Image Heavy!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the cert posts go behind spoiler tags?
  Yes my 56k modem is crying in the corner T n T
  No I want to see all the pretties!
View Results

phoenix kiss
Crew

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:15 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. & User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:37 am
Kitty Sprightt
I don't think Whispering Stone and Gentle Breeze are twins. Her antlers and scale have green tips, and their patterns are fairly different. They came in two different sacs, too, so.

Yeah you're right I didn't even notice that the green on the doe was different than on the buck. I think I am going to leave them up together though, since they have the same edits, parents, and overall color patterning. There's a couple other sets of kin that aren't "identical" but match so close visually that they might as well be. I'd rather err on the side of including everything rather than excluding.

If one of the original owners wants them to be taken down, though, I will totally do that for them. smile

phoenix kiss

Added, thanks Phoenix :B  

space crawfish

Salty Garbage

Amizade

Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:04 am
space crawfish
Kitty Sprightt
I don't think Whispering Stone and Gentle Breeze are twins. Her antlers and scale have green tips, and their patterns are fairly different. They came in two different sacs, too, so.

Yeah you're right I didn't even notice that the green on the doe was different than on the buck. I think I am going to leave them up together though, since they have the same edits, parents, and overall color patterning. There's a couple other sets of kin that aren't "identical" but match so close visually that they might as well be. I'd rather err on the side of including everything rather than excluding.

If one of the original owners wants them to be taken down, though, I will totally do that for them. smile

I just double-checked the sac stage, and Corn is right. Twins come out of purple-tinted sacs, (and they didn't) so they're not actually twins.
Sorry for the confusion!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:46 am
Kitty Sprightt

Amizade

Ahh ok! Thanks for looking into this you guys heart I'll take them off then since they're not supposed to be on the list. They look so similar though!

EDIT: Anndddd removed! I thought twins didn't have to come in the same sac, it was just something that happened. I've never done a breeding before. sweatdrop If a breeding is adult-only, is there any way for sure to tell if a pair are supposed to be twins?  

space crawfish

Salty Garbage

Amizade

Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:59 am
@ Craw
Girls --> Green sac
Boys --> Blue sac
Twins --> Purple sac

I think for adult only breedings, if twins are rolled, the colourist will usually say and/or the twins are labelled with the same number, eg. Doe One, Doe Two, Buck Two, Buck Three, Doe Four.

Most breedings don't have kin who look too similar so you can usually tell who the twins are and if they're Gen 1 (like Flowerpod & Sweet Meat), the owners decide.

I don't know if it's possible to have twins of the same gender, but I guess that's up to the owners? *shrugs*
And I don't know if it's possible to have twins of different species seeing as they would have to come out of the same sac/Acha egg/Kio egg. That being said, I suppose IC, the egg could be like a cross between an Acha and Kio egg. Just rambling now...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:58 am
I think when Lex was holding his Wildebeest contest, it was brought up that twins technically had to come from the same sac/egg and share the same dream, therefore couldn't be interspecies - he wrote it in his contest thread, and I think Rejam confirmed in thread. Blue and Rejam have also mentioned that twin pairs from breedings are always one male one female because they felt cheap just handing the same pet to two people (which is why blue has varied the Kio/Acha twins she's done).

I feel like it is biologically possible for kin to have twins of the same gender (so Mischief Managed and his twin would have come from the same sac), they just won't come from breedings? Unless maybe you RLC'd and asked for it? @_@ We should probably confirm that..

[quote edited out to keep from double-quoting]

Also, is there any policy defining when we can't call first gen kin twins? I.e. if kin are somewhat dissimilar in appearance, but for plot reasons you want them to come from the same sac, is that allowed?  

Vesperiie

Hallowed Hunter

space crawfish

Salty Garbage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:46 am
Amizade

Vesperiie

I included the inter-species twin thing because I honestly wasn't even sure if it could happen or not - it makes sense that it won't happen in a growing breeding due to sac/egg/live birth biological differences, but I don't know if it's against shop rules for someone to RLC it or imply it in an adult-only breeding where you get a pair that are different species with the same markings. I haven't seen any kin like this, so I really don't know!

The two Weasley brother twins are a good example of same-gender - I think their different hairstyles are a good way to have them be obviously twins will still being visually different from each other. Giveforward and Takeback are also same-gender twins but they have different hair, colors, and slightly different markings. There's two sets of Acha same-gender twins listed, too. ... Now that you mention it, they're all Gen1, so they didn't come from breedings! I didn't even think about that before! Wow I didn't realize this thread would open up so many questions! sweatdrop

Thanks Miza for the clarification 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:54 am
Questions are good to have xD

Wild Beast and Trail Drifter are the only interspecies kin I know of with such similar markings, but that's because Rejam did the same request on a different species on accident. I think they're considered very similar siblings, but that could have been Lex's decision and not mandated.  

Vesperiie

Hallowed Hunter

Rejam
Vice Captain

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:40 pm
To clear it up:

- All "real" twins (shared sac) are male/female pairs.
- All "real" twins are same species (because they'd share an egg).
- Real twins don't have to share a naming dream, but lots of people make them have matched or shared dreams for the fun of it.
- Some of the twins in the thread aren't "real" twins by this measure, like the Weasley bucks, but could be considered especially close siblings regardless.
- Not all "real" twins are identical: the first twins ever, Cicadasong and Mirebeat, aren't identical. But they will look very similar. Another good example of mismatched twins is Silk x Tangled in Delicate Breath. They look quite dissimilar but did share a sac.
- Adult-only twins will usually be pretty obvious, but it can be a fuzzy distinction. The question of whether they shared a sac is left up to the owners.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:17 am
Rejam

Thanks Rejam! smile I'm gonna and add this to the OP!  

space crawfish

Salty Garbage

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. x User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think these 2 haven't been posted yet? :>
Eeeeee, this is so neat. Thanks for doing this, space!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:15 pm
space crawfish

Because I forgot that Blue made them twin
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

SilverShieldwolf

Alien Shapeshifter

space crawfish

Salty Garbage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:24 pm
[A.V.]

SilverShieldwolf

Thanks you guys! heart Got both sets of twins added in!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:22 am
I've moved all of the matched kin who don't meet the official twin criteria down into the "Other" category. It was 4 pairs total based on being same-gender:

Step to the Right (♂) & Two Left Feet (♂)
Broken Fall (♀) & Fall to Pieces (♀)
Solemnly Swear (♂) & Mischief Managed (♂)
Giveforward (♀) & Takeback (♀)

I've also added Whispering Stone (♂) & Gentle Breeze (♀) back onto the list in the "Other" category as well since they do match but they also aren't technically twins.

If there's any other pairs that don't meet the twin criteria, lemme know and I can move them to the appropriate section. Likewise if you have a pair of kin that match but aren't technically twins, post them anyway and I'll include them. heart  

space crawfish

Salty Garbage

fluorescein
Crew
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:04 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Awesome thread  
OOC

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces