Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Shop Owner Basics and Information (Must Read) (DA) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:17 pm
Sir Spazalots
Sir Spazalots
Accepted, go here for more info. And Please go set up your shop ^^

Hello, my name is Alicia Alvern

I will be working at Daily Prophet

How did I get this shop? Well... I worked my way up in the company! From a Reporter to the Head! Now as the head it's only obvious I run the offices.

The things I love about this shop are the smell of freshly printed newspapers, the knowledge we obtain, the archives, the workers, Gossip sections,

The things I despise about this shop are False Stories, it's to small!, the smell of the archive room, smell of the owl room, to cluttered in some areas

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:26 pm
Hello, my name is Ciaran Blake-Lowery

I would like to create Sticky Wicket sweets shop

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I created it with my bare hands! Ok, maybe not my hands per se but, my blood, sweat, tears, and magic went into this shop! I always wanted to build my own shop but when living in London I never got the chance, but since moving in with my husband's family in Kenmare I found a perfect location and couldn't ask for a better opportunity.

The things I love about this shop are
+I love that I get to cook and experiment with sweets all day
+Seeing people's happy faces
+Using my family as guinea pigs
+The hours are wonderful!
+No matter what I do me and the shop always smell delicious!

The things I despise about this shop are
-Paying bills
-Ordering supplies
-Cleaning up
-Children putting their sticky fingers on everything
-Getting blamed for cavities

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! This shop is located in the wizarding town of Kenmare, Ireland  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:29 pm
Hello, my name is Siobhan Rose McCann Lowery

I would like to purchase The Magical Menagerie

How did I come to get this shop? Well... the previous owners decided they would like to leave the shop, to retire I suppose. I'm not really sure why, but I remember thinking it would be such a shame for the shop to be closed. So many first year students look forward to getting their own pets for the coming year, not to mention the families coming in for pets of their own. I couldn't bear to let it close. My husband Davin had passed recently and I realized I'd be needing to get a job anyway (I'd been a stay at home mother before this, but as a single parent I no longer have that luxury), so I offered to use a fair bit of our family's savings to purchase the store. The owners saw to it that the shop would be going into capable hands, and the deal was done. I'm now the proud owner of one of the oldest shopfronts in Diagon Alley, and though I do miss being home with my kids, I have to admit, I'm enjoying running the shop and handling the business very much.

The things I love about this shop are getting to help children pick out their own pets, finding good homes for the animals I sell, being around so many different sorts of animals all day, running my own shop and being able to provide for my family.

The things I despise about this shop are unruly or difficult customers, unruly or difficult animals, the noise is rather bothersome at times, having to clean up after a few of the less than trainable pets, and children who come in for an animal who I can tell aren't going to take care of the dear.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I will of course be hiring assistants!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:30 pm
Yukina101
Hello, my name is Ciaran Blake-Lowery

I would like to create Sticky Wicket sweets shop

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I created it with my bare hands! Ok, maybe not my hands per se but, my blood, sweat, tears, and magic went into this shop! I always wanted to build my own shop but when living in London I never got the chance, but since moving in with my husband's family in Kenmare I found a perfect location and couldn't ask for a better opportunity.

The things I love about this shop are
+I love that I get to cook and experiment with sweets all day
+Seeing people's happy faces
+Using my family as guinea pigs
+The hours are wonderful!
+No matter what I do me and the shop always smell delicious!

The things I despise about this shop are
-Paying bills
-Ordering supplies
-Cleaning up
-Children putting their sticky fingers on everything
-Getting blamed for cavities

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! This shop is located in the wizarding town of Kenmare, Ireland

Accepted  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:31 pm
Cara MiaKitty
Hello, my name is Siobhan Rose McCann Lowery

I would like to purchase The Magical Menagerie

How did I come to get this shop? Well... the previous owners decided they would like to leave the shop, to retire I suppose. I'm not really sure why, but I remember thinking it would be such a shame for the shop to be closed. So many first year students look forward to getting their own pets for the coming year, not to mention the families coming in for pets of their own. I couldn't bear to let it close. My husband Davin had passed recently and I realized I'd be needing to get a job anyway (I'd been a stay at home mother before this, but as a single parent I no longer have that luxury), so I offered to use a fair bit of our family's savings to purchase the store. The owners saw to it that the shop would be going into capable hands, and the deal was done. I'm now the proud owner of one of the oldest shopfronts in Diagon Alley, and though I do miss being home with my kids, I have to admit, I'm enjoying running the shop and handling the business very much.

The things I love about this shop are getting to help children pick out their own pets, finding good homes for the animals I sell, being around so many different sorts of animals all day, running my own shop and being able to provide for my family.

The things I despise about this shop are unruly or difficult customers, unruly or difficult animals, the noise is rather bothersome at times, having to clean up after a few of the less than trainable pets, and children who come in for an animal who I can tell aren't going to take care of the dear.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I will of course be hiring assistants!

Accepted  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:36 pm
Hello, my name is Mabyn Hawthorn

I would like to work at Slug and Jiggers Apothecary

The things I love about this shop are being surrounded by plants and such, being able to meet new people all the time, the chance to work hard, that I get to work in the same place as my husband and kids on occasion, and it's convenient location.

The things I despise about this shop are the days when I have no customers, when noisy kids come in and don't respect my merchandise, when anyone disrespects my merchandise, for that matter. Also, when my employees don't work to my standards, and often having to bring my toddler to work, since we don't have a babysitter.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I'd be General Manager.  

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:44 pm
Miss GryffindorK
Hello, my name is Mabyn Hawthorn

I would like to work at Slug and Jiggers Apothecary

The things I love about this shop are being surrounded by plants and such, being able to meet new people all the time, the chance to work hard, that I get to work in the same place as my husband and kids on occasion, and it's convenient location.

The things I despise about this shop are the days when I have no customers, when noisy kids come in and don't respect my merchandise, when anyone disrespects my merchandise, for that matter. Also, when my employees don't work to my standards, and often having to bring my toddler to work, since we don't have a babysitter.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I'd be General Manager.

Hired!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:50 pm
Hello, my name is Christopher Whitethorne

I would like to work at Whizz Hard Books as an editor.

The things I love about this shop are Well, I used to come and go from it all the time when I was a kid, so I know the layout. I also enjoy working with books. I enjoy the fact that as an editor, I would be able to set my own hours (a big bonus in my book). I actually enjoy helping people out if they need it, and I enjoy being able to help creativity flow.

The things I despise about this shop are I don't necessarily hate it, but I don't like how the shop's main hours are in the day. I also don't like it when people try to push me to work on their works faster. This stuff takes time. I don't appreciate it when people reference the fact I have no magic, which apparently is a major sticking point for them (if they only really knew). I don't like how I have not that many hours I can be up during the summer, but the winter is a lot easier for me to work in. Lastly, I don't like some authors that bring in manuscripts that need a lot of work.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I'm a vampire, so my hours working are mainly at night.  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:58 am
Diamond Wales
Hello, my name is Christopher Whitethorne

I would like to work at Whizz Hard Books as an editor.

The things I love about this shop are Well, I used to come and go from it all the time when I was a kid, so I know the layout. I also enjoy working with books. I enjoy the fact that as an editor, I would be able to set my own hours (a big bonus in my book). I actually enjoy helping people out if they need it, and I enjoy being able to help creativity flow.

The things I despise about this shop are I don't necessarily hate it, but I don't like how the shop's main hours are in the day. I also don't like it when people try to push me to work on their works faster. This stuff takes time. I don't appreciate it when people reference the fact I have no magic, which apparently is a major sticking point for them (if they only really knew). I don't like how I have not that many hours I can be up during the summer, but the winter is a lot easier for me to work in. Lastly, I don't like some authors that bring in manuscripts that need a lot of work.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I'm a vampire, so my hours working are mainly at night.

HIRED  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:48 am
Hello, my name is Cersei Burke

I would like to work at All or Nothing: Ink and Skate Shop

The things I love about this shop are It's versatility, having a skate park, tat shop and piercing stand all in one. The customers, of course, are always enticing. The tattoo art is amazing, as well, I've always loved art. Can't forget the location, either, Diagon Alley is always bustling and busy, and I'll still be connected to the Wizarding World.

The things I despise about this shop are Scraped knees and blood; c'mon, who would want to clean someone's face off of the concrete? The crying. If you can't take pain, then don't get a tattoo, simple as that. Oh, the drunk people. Most of the business, I imagine, will be of drunkards looking for a tattoo on the premise of a dare, or something. And, well, cleaning in general, but, that comes with any job, really.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I am perhaps interesting in seeking to become an apprentice tattoo artist. Received an O in Art OWLS, but I dropped out before taking NEWTS.

Miss GryffindorK

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Digital Static

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:21 am
Hello, my name isKimberly Goodwin

I would like to work at The Magical Menagerie

The things I love about this shop are All the animals. It might sounds strange, but the constant noise, the fact that it helps connect animals with their witch's and wizards. The fact that it's conveniently located in Diagon alley. How excited just about everyone is when they come in to pick up a pet, whether their first or not. When kids plaster their face against the windows to 'pick out' their dream pet.

The things I despise about this shop are The animal smell that can sometimes crowd in a room when cages aren't cleaned up, but it's bound to happen. Some ignorant people that don't respect the animals in their care or around them. The crowded nature of it..but then maybe it's just cozy? When animals don't get along, which some inevitably aren't going to. Seeing one animal picked over another after long consideration. I feel so bad for the one not picked.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:40 pm
Essy ze Ninja
Hello, my name is Cersei Burke

I would like to work at All or Nothing: Ink and Skate Shop

The things I love about this shop are It's versatility, having a skate park, tat shop and piercing stand all in one. The customers, of course, are always enticing. The tattoo art is amazing, as well, I've always loved art. Can't forget the location, either, Diagon Alley is always bustling and busy, and I'll still be connected to the Wizarding World.

The things I despise about this shop are Scraped knees and blood; c'mon, who would want to clean someone's face off of the concrete? The crying. If you can't take pain, then don't get a tattoo, simple as that. Oh, the drunk people. Most of the business, I imagine, will be of drunkards looking for a tattoo on the premise of a dare, or something. And, well, cleaning in general, but, that comes with any job, really.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I am perhaps interesting in seeking to become an apprentice tattoo artist. Received an O in Art OWLS, but I dropped out before taking NEWTS.

Miss GryffindorK

HIRED!!  

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:11 am
Hello, my name is Andi Goldwind

I would like to work at All or Nothing: Ink and Board Shop

The things I love about this shop are:
- It has a skatepark inside, which is awesome.
- I get to stab people for a living, which is awesome.
- I might be able to get some discount tattoos for working there, which is awesome.
- I know the owner from hanging out in the shop all the time, which is awesome.
- Did I mention that the shop is awesome? Because I'm not sure if you picked up on that or not.

The things I despise about this shop are:
- The wimps who can't handle getting a tattoo. Seriously. Grow up and take it like a man.
- Also the wimps who cry when they get a piercing. If you were gonna cry, then why get it in the first place?
- When people try to rush a piercing or tattoo. It's an art, and art takes time, so calm your tits and let the artist do their thing.
- Annoying punks who hang around the skatepark too much. Just go away. Seriously. You came to skate, not loiter.
- People that come to the skatepark who just suck. I understand if you want to learn how to skate, but do it elsewhere. It gets boring watching people fall on their faces and get the nice clean concrete all bloody after a while.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I've done piercings before, so I should do pretty well at this job. You know, if I get hired, that is.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:50 pm
heather030595
Hello, my name is Andi Goldwind

I would like to work at All or Nothing: Ink and Board Shop

The things I love about this shop are:
- It has a skatepark inside, which is awesome.
- I get to stab people for a living, which is awesome.
- I might be able to get some discount tattoos for working there, which is awesome.
- I know the owner from hanging out in the shop all the time, which is awesome.
- Did I mention that the shop is awesome? Because I'm not sure if you picked up on that or not.

The things I despise about this shop are:
- The wimps who can't handle getting a tattoo. Seriously. Grow up and take it like a man.
- Also the wimps who cry when they get a piercing. If you were gonna cry, then why get it in the first place?
- When people try to rush a piercing or tattoo. It's an art, and art takes time, so calm your tits and let the artist do their thing.
- Annoying punks who hang around the skatepark too much. Just go away. Seriously. You came to skate, not loiter.
- People that come to the skatepark who just suck. I understand if you want to learn how to skate, but do it elsewhere. It gets boring watching people fall on their faces and get the nice clean concrete all bloody after a while.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I've done piercings before, so I should do pretty well at this job. You know, if I get hired, that is.

Hired!  

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:39 pm
Digital Static
Hello, my name isKimberly Goodwin

I would like to work at The Magical Menagerie

The things I love about this shop are All the animals. It might sounds strange, but the constant noise, the fact that it helps connect animals with their witch's and wizards. The fact that it's conveniently located in Diagon alley. How excited just about everyone is when they come in to pick up a pet, whether their first or not. When kids plaster their face against the windows to 'pick out' their dream pet.

The things I despise about this shop are The animal smell that can sometimes crowd in a room when cages aren't cleaned up, but it's bound to happen. Some ignorant people that don't respect the animals in their care or around them. The crowded nature of it..but then maybe it's just cozy? When animals don't get along, which some inevitably aren't going to. Seeing one animal picked over another after long consideration. I feel so bad for the one not picked.

HIRED  
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces