Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
:> Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll
  woop
View Results

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:17 pm
Sagebomb

Yeah universal health care makes sense, when you combine the costs of a nation and then devide them, its much cheaper per person. But I have heard much on the American debate, and Americans would rather pay twice as much for the freedom of choice, than half as much and have it covered universally. Because in america you should have the freedom to choose...

Yeah Im lucky I dont get headaches or migrains very often. Worst one I had was when I was in Ohio, and I blame pommegranit 7up. Because it was after I drank that it happened. It started with the typical tension headache, as we were driving alone (I wasnt driving), and was getting sharper, but it was just pain and typically I can ignore pain. Buut we stopped and went into a video game store, and thats where it got worse, really really sharp, and suddenly I lost all vision. I was in the middle of the store, blind with my eyes wide open. That was scary, luckily that only lasted about 15 seconds, but those 15 seconds were pretty scary. Though after that I got back blurred painful vison, which was enough for me to be able to see to leave the store and get back to the car. Man I would hate to lose my eyesight.

XD I would never tell anyone Im from Oceania. Australasia is what I would say if asked what part of the world is NZ in.

Although Aussie and Kiwi venacular is similar in many ways there are still a lot of words we differ on as well. If you pick up all the aussie slang and come to NZ, we may still be like...Sorry what was that? and vice versa. Though for the most part we know what they are, we just dont use them.

Ignorance is the best friend of fighting. When you understand each other seldom is there the need for fighting.

XD christianity has a lot of issues, but then most religions based on things that happened in the past are often full on holes.

Islamists typically accept evolution, and the koran does nothing to say evolution doesnt happen. Most islamics have a "creationist evolutionary sense" In which certain things were created with the abilty to survive in thier environments. Which is the essence of evolution.

Its true, I am of the belief one should not form a opinion purely based on others opinions. and until you have experienced something you should stay open minded.

FJSALDSADAS.
There comes a point where choosing gets ridiculous. Like, I get where there coming from and that entire 'MERICA ******** YEAH mentality but it gets old when it comes down to care they need. Besides the amount of people who can't get health care in this country out numbers the ones who can. As one of the ones who can't, I think it's the way to go.
However, I DON'T like the rumor mill saying that business owners are going to be fined for not providing health care for their employees. But I haven't really researched that, but I really need too.

I get them often enough to where they are normal, but not so often that they affect my day to day life. Usually I just kinda pass out when they get bad enough and wake up the next day feeling a little shaky and drained, but better comparatively.
:<
Those flavored 7-ups are so gross.
This just proves that they are not worthy of being sold.
That's gotta be absolutely terrifying though, I've never lost sight during a migrane before. I don't even know what I would do.

Lol I figured as much. XDD

See, like I understand the purpose of religion, the unifying force and all that, I just hate the almost crusading bull s**t storm of "necessary" conversion and to conquer those who don't believe as you do. It's irritating as anything, the world doesn't work that way anymore.
Well it does, just in different mediums.

THANK YOU.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:01 pm
Citrus Novii

FJSALDSADAS.
There comes a point where choosing gets ridiculous. Like, I get where there coming from and that entire 'MERICA ******** YEAH mentality but it gets old when it comes down to care they need. Besides the amount of people who can't get health care in this country out numbers the ones who can. As one of the ones who can't, I think it's the way to go.
However, I DON'T like the rumor mill saying that business owners are going to be fined for not providing health care for their employees. But I haven't really researched that, but I really need too.

I get them often enough to where they are normal, but not so often that they affect my day to day life. Usually I just kinda pass out when they get bad enough and wake up the next day feeling a little shaky and drained, but better comparatively.
That's gotta be absolutely terrifying though, I've never lost sight during a migrane before. I don't even know what I would do.

See, like I understand the purpose of religion, the unifying force and all that, I just hate the almost crusading bull s**t storm of "necessary" conversion and to conquer those who don't believe as you do. It's irritating as anything, the world doesn't work that way anymore.

THANK YOU.

yeah I dont totally understand the "I would rather be free, than have free stuff like healthcare and whatnot" mentaility. But it is what it is...

Yeah seems there have been several approaches to try and get universal healthcare in....but basically the republicans will stop EVERYTHING the democrats try....so...yeah...dead end kinda thing sadly.

Yeah it was pretty bad, but I like to try new things. But yeah it was scary to have my vision completly drop out like that.

Exactly, I believe religion is a personal choice, and although its good to talk about your beliefs and others beliefs to help you grow within your belief system. I dont believe anybody else should be forced to hear about yours if they dont wish to.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:07 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

FJSALDSADAS.

THANK YOU.

yeah I dont totally understand the "I would rather be free, than have free stuff like healthcare and whatnot" mentaility. But it is what it is...

Yeah seems there have been several approaches to try and get universal healthcare in....but basically the republicans will stop EVERYTHING the democrats try....so...yeah...dead end kinda thing sadly.

Yeah it was pretty bad, but I like to try new things. But yeah it was scary to have my vision completly drop out like that.

Exactly, I believe religion is a personal choice, and although its good to talk about your beliefs and others beliefs to help you grow within your belief system. I dont believe anybody else should be forced to hear about yours if they dont wish to.

Truth, it's very silly. :/
I hear the flaws in all of the plans that are thought of by basically everyone in this state. Texas is like, republican central. Except for Austin, which is like this oasis of liberal. XD

Most of our politicians have forgotten that it takes compromise to get anything done in politics. Both sides can't win, so create a third side.

Truth!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:25 am
Citrus Novii

I hear the flaws in all of the plans that are thought of by basically everyone in this state. Texas is like, republican central. Except for Austin, which is like this oasis of liberal. XD

Most of our politicians have forgotten that it takes compromise to get anything done in politics. Both sides can't win, so create a third side.

Truth!

Yeah having only two sides which oppose each other, pretty much only ever leads to no movement in anything through parliment.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Is how our parliment looks. Although national owns a large number of the seats, they still cant get the numbers to pass something without 2 or 3 minor partys siding with them. Basically this allows more balance and compromise.

The green party has made amazing growth the past couple elections.

It used to mainly be reds and blues for us as well. But more and more people are saying screw the main partys they dont really represent us and thus supporting lesser partys which do (greens are basically the enviromental party of NZ).

Also note in NZ Red = middle left (liberal) and blue = just left of the middle (more consertive, but still pretty middle)  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:40 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

Truth!

Yeah having only two sides which oppose each other, pretty much only ever leads to no movement in anything through parliment.

Is how our parliment looks. Although national owns a large number of the seats, they still cant get the numbers to pass something without 2 or 3 minor partys siding with them. Basically this allows more balance and compromise.

The green party has made amazing growth the past couple elections.

It used to mainly be reds and blues for us as well. But more and more people are saying screw the main partys they dont really represent us and thus supporting lesser partys which do (greens are basically the enviromental party of NZ).

Also note in NZ Red = middle left (liberal) and blue = just left of the middle (more consertive, but still pretty middle)

The Maori and the Mana have such small groups o:
Are there not many of them left in New Zealand? Or are they just a small scale political engine because of other reasons?

So then, what's the major base of descendants in New Zealand? Polynesian descent and what about everyone else? I get curious about these things. X3

I don't know why that kind of thing happens, but it always makes me sad. A party starts with all of these ideas that they're going to make a difference but they always end up not listening to the people.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:28 am
Citrus Novii

Are there not many of them left in New Zealand? Or are they just a small scale political engine because of other reasons?

So then, what's the major base of descendants in New Zealand? Polynesian descent and what about everyone else? I get curious about these things. X3

I don't know why that kind of thing happens, but it always makes me sad. A party starts with all of these ideas that they're going to make a difference but they always end up not listening to the people.

the funny thing about those seats are those seats are pretty much guarenteed seats regardless of vote numbers "To make sure indigenous rights are heard"

Although, I still cant call them native since they are technically the second people of NZ, after they came and killed/ate the first people of NZ.

Demongraphically

"The majority of New Zealand's population is of European descent (69 percent identify as "New Zealand European"), with the indigenous Māori being the largest minority (14.6 percent), followed by Asians (9.2 percent) and non-Māori Pacific Islanders (6.9 percent). This is reflected in immigration, with most new migrants coming from the United Kingdom and Ireland, although the numbers from Asia are increasing"

In the last election the maori party got 1.43% of the votes and mana got 1.08%. A lot of maori I believe dont vote for those partys because they are kinda extremist in thier views of political rights and almost segrate maoris. Most Maori would rather be New Zealanders who are Maori. As opposed to Maoris who happen to live in New Zealand. Aka...they dont feel those partys represent them. And as such they vote for the more main partys as well. (This should make sense though, it would be like assuming that if someone is black they would instantly vote for a black president, as opposed to who the believe would be the best president).

The first polynesians came ~750 years ago, 370 years ago the first european eyes reached NZ and by the late 1700s NZ was becoming popular for "explorers and other sailors, missionaries, traders and adventurers" before then it was mainly whalers and sealers in terms of europeans. In 1840 the first and main agreement between europeans and the maori was drawn up. And this document is still the main document used in claims made by maori today.

The problem is, a main party has to work with reality, which kills its idealism. Lesser partys can still hold onto ideals, which dont completly work in reality.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:45 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

the funny thing about those seats are those seats are pretty much guarenteed seats regardless of vote numbers "To make sure indigenous rights are heard"

Although, I still cant call them native since they are technically the second people of NZ, after they came and killed/ate the first people of NZ.

Demongraphically

"The majority of New Zealand's population is of European descent (69 percent identify as "New Zealand European"), with the indigenous Māori being the largest minority (14.6 percent), followed by Asians (9.2 percent) and non-Māori Pacific Islanders (6.9 percent). This is reflected in immigration, with most new migrants coming from the United Kingdom and Ireland, although the numbers from Asia are increasing"

In the last election the maori party got 1.43% of the votes and mana got 1.08%. A lot of maori I believe dont vote for those partys because they are kinda extremist in thier views of political rights and almost segrate maoris. Most Maori would rather be New Zealanders who are Maori. As opposed to Maoris who happen to live in New Zealand. Aka...they dont feel those partys represent them. And as such they vote for the more main partys as well. (This should make sense though, it would be like assuming that if someone is black they would instantly vote for a black president, as opposed to who the believe would be the best president).

The first polynesians came ~750 years ago, 370 years ago the first european eyes reached NZ and by the late 1700s NZ was becoming popular for "explorers and other sailors, missionaries, traders and adventurers" before then it was mainly whalers and sealers in terms of europeans. In 1840 the first and main agreement between europeans and the maori was drawn up. And this document is still the main document used in claims made by maori today.

The problem is, a main party has to work with reality, which kills its idealism. Lesser partys can still hold onto ideals, which dont completly work in reality.

o - o
Well that's some kind of history there.
That's....intense. Like, truly.

That's so cool though, that there's a representation of cultures like that in your parliament. emotion_kirakira Even if they don't necessarily get heard all of the time, I'd imagine it's much better than just being totally ignored, you know?
Just an opinion though~ Of course.

I can understand where they're coming from on that, don't really agree with it, but I get it at least. 3nodding

So, New Zealand is relatively young on the "European intervention begins the time everywhere" scale huh?

That's how we're always presented with America as a country here.
"We're BABIES culturally. We are YOUNG CHILDREN compared to everyone else in Europe." rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:40 pm
Citrus Novii

o - o

That's so cool though, that there's a representation of cultures like that in your parliament. emotion_kirakira Even if they don't necessarily get heard all of the time, I'd imagine it's much better than just being totally ignored, you know?

I can understand where they're coming from on that, don't really agree with it, but I get it at least. 3nodding

So, New Zealand is relatively young on the "European intervention begins the time everywhere" scale huh?

"We're BABIES culturally. We are YOUNG CHILDREN compared to everyone else in Europe." rolleyes

Yeah a lot of it is simply just because of how far away we are from everything. Expecially before machine powered vessels.

Yep, makes sure they are heard. Though I still dont think those partys always do whats best for the maori people

There are several groups of iwi, and it often seems they show a massive bias towards just 2 or 3 of the larger iwis. (Note larger in numbers, not nessericerily how much of the map they make up)

What dont you agree with? sweatdrop

Indeed NZ is a very young place, unruined 800 years ago...then it went downhill fast. But because of that we can quite closely trace animal extinctions based on different human movements and colonisations.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:49 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

o - o

Yeah a lot of it is simply just because of how far away we are from everything. Expecially before machine powered vessels.

Yep, makes sure they are heard. Though I still dont think those partys always do whats best for the maori people

There are several groups of iwi, and it often seems they show a massive bias towards just 2 or 3 of the larger iwis. (Note larger in numbers, not nessericerily how much of the map they make up)

What dont you agree with? sweatdrop

Indeed NZ is a very young place, unruined 800 years ago...then it went downhill fast. But because of that we can quite closely trace animal extinctions based on different human movements and colonisations.
That must be one hell of a language. Just saying XD

So...are the Iwi are the Maori? Or are they something different.
I'm confused.
Forgive me gonk

I don't remember what I don't agree with. o - o ;;

But doesn't NZ still have a lot of non-industrialized land?
Or are the areas really small on the grand scale of things?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:13 pm
Citrus Novii
Sagebomb

That must be one hell of a language. Just saying XD

So...are the Iwi are the Maori? Or are they something different.
I'm confused.
Forgive me gonk

I don't remember what I don't agree with. o - o ;;

But doesn't NZ still have a lot of non-industrialized land?
Or are the areas really small on the grand scale of things?

Iwi basically translates to "Family" though indivual iwi, are similar to what many would consider tribes in some ways.

Yeah we do

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:NewZealandPopulationDensity.png is a good population map of where people are in NZ are where they arent. Kinda supprised me, but on closer look it does all make sense.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash