Uncommon DS games that you've enjoyed Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruff Rabbit

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:41 pm
Theresia. In all fairness I'd been looking for it for a while because I really like shitty horror games.
And along that same line, Dementium. Which is absolute s**t, but I do like it.
And Rhapsody just because it's cute and I can't really pass up cute turn based games.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:04 pm
Ysavvryl

I didn't know Disgaea was on the DS... Was it good, even though it was grindy..?

Pikria

Love 999, finding Virtue's Last Reward is hard though and I can agree with that... I know more people that have played the sequel... Haven't heard of the other one, are the puzzles like Phoenix Wright..?

J.C.B.

Oooo, that sound fun~

No More Dead Daves

Haven't heard the first two... How are they bad yet enjoyable..?  

Lil_Kaios

Supportive Healer

Ruff Rabbit

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:12 pm
Lil_Kaios

Theresia definitely is. It's basically just a visual novel but it's got a good story.
Dementium is a fps, which doesn't work very well on the DS. I enjoy it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:13 pm
Lil_Kaios

Yeah, the first Disgaea is Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness on the DS. It's really good and I'd like it more if not for the grindy parts. I got stuck on one plot battle for weeks... it probably has some downgraded graphics, but it looks good despite that. Also, after you get your first ending, you can recruit the game-breaking Plenair (which I actually did by taking one of the Midboss endings; it got me a little further than my first attempt).  

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

Pikria

Newbie Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:03 am
No More Dead Daves
Lil_Kaios

Theresia definitely is. It's basically just a visual novel but it's got a good story.

Well I'd say that 999 and virtues last reward (VLR) really are bad yet enjoyable. They are like novels lots of reading but the stories are great. The puzzles are brain teasers and sometimes you miss one thing and you'll be stuck on the puzzle for hours. XD It can get irritating. But for me it was addictive. The story well I wont ruin that since it'd be spoiling the great mystery. An there's multiple endings only one is the true ending the ending that would explain it all. An to get that ending you need to play through the game a several times. In 999 that gets welll bleh DX (its harder trying to get a different ending) and VLR they made it a bit easier. But if you cant keep track of all the story lines then you'll get confused on whats happening. (almost happened to me had to stop an unscramble the mess a few times) So yea but you'd really understand more if you ever played the game. Trust me. ^.<  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:40 am
Pikria

Love 999, finding Virtue's Last Reward is hard though and I can agree with that... I know more people that have played the sequel... Haven't heard of the other one, are the puzzles like Phoenix Wright..?

Oh thats cool that you like 999 ^.^ If thats true you'll definitely like virtues last reward it's well awesome yet shocking an time consuming XD Well that is if you haven't played it already. Haha was just assuming. An True it was a bit hard to find but I think it's worth it. Though if you haven't played it yet an plan to take my advice on one thing an DONT SAVE IN A ESCAPE! XD Turns out many people saved in a escape somewhere far into the game (after playing for hours an unlocking and progressing ect.) And the only save file you have gets corrupted. Then you gotta start all over. TT˛TT (victim lolz 16 hours into the game had alot of progress DX surprised I got back on it an finally finished it it was worth it) Sorry just had to mention that. Anyway as for secret files.... hm how to explain. First off the story is about Nina's father and his disappearance and playing as nina an I guess her somewhat love interest your trying to find out the mystery of her father an how it links to the unexplained Tunguska explosion 100 years ago. So yea as for the puzzles I dont really know phoenix write too much but I would say no the puzzles aren't quite like that. The game sorta lets you walk around an you have to find a way to advance. Using objects, combining them, talking to people, just basically walking around the given areas using 1 or both characters to find or do what you can to advance. It doesn't look like a freeroam rpg like say kingdom hearts or something but it does let you walk around where you see you character and so forth. Your items displayed at the bottom for you to browse when needed. Well almost like a computer game... Actually it is also a computer game. So think of it as a mystery computer game on your ds. ^.^ (sorry bad at explaining XD but yea) So yea thats just a quick explaination. It really it a great game ^.^  

Pikria

Newbie Gaian

Ruff Rabbit

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:41 pm
Pikria
No More Dead Daves
Lil_Kaios

Well I'd say that 999 and virtues last reward (VLR) really are bad yet enjoyable. They are like novels lots of reading but the stories are great. The puzzles are brain teasers and sometimes you miss one thing and you'll be stuck on the puzzle for hours. XD It can get irritating. But for me it was addictive. The story well I wont ruin that since it'd be spoiling the great mystery. An there's multiple endings only one is the true ending the ending that would explain it all. An to get that ending you need to play through the game a several times. In 999 that gets welll bleh DX (its harder trying to get a different ending) and VLR they made it a bit easier. But if you cant keep track of all the story lines then you'll get confused on whats happening. (almost happened to me had to stop an unscramble the mess a few times) So yea but you'd really understand more if you ever played the game. Trust me. ^.<

I've heard of 999 but I've never seen it at Gamestop. I'll probably grab it if I ever find it though.
Another good visual novel type game is Hotel Dusk. You actually hold the DS like a book and everything. The gameplay itself isn't actually awful either.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:21 pm
No More Dead Daves
Pikria
No More Dead Daves
Lil_Kaios

I've heard of 999 but I've never seen it at Gamestop. I'll probably grab it if I ever find it though.
Another good visual novel type game is Hotel Dusk. You actually hold the DS like a book and everything. The gameplay itself isn't actually awful either.

Yea 999 was also a bit hard to find. But I've got to say after finding it an having it for a while. I've seen it more often at gamestops now, usually without the case to the game. O.o So if you're looking for the case as well it might be a bit harder to find. Well I hope you find it! ^.^
And Hotel dusk? Hm... I looked it up (found a trailer) seems pretty interesting. I'm guessing its also a hard to find game? O.o I kinda want to play it now >.< lolz  

Pikria

Newbie Gaian

Ruff Rabbit

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:30 pm
Pikria
No More Dead Daves
Pikria
No More Dead Daves
Lil_Kaios

Yea 999 was also a bit hard to find. But I've got to say after finding it an having it for a while. I've seen it more often at gamestops now, usually without the case to the game. O.o So if you're looking for the case as well it might be a bit harder to find. Well I hope you find it! ^.^
And Hotel dusk? Hm... I looked it up (found a trailer) seems pretty interesting. I'm guessing its also a hard to find game? O.o I kinda want to play it now >.< lolz

I've seen Hotel Dusk around prrrrretty often. Easier to find than Theresia to be sure.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:21 am
No More Dead Daves
Pikria
No More Dead Daves
Pikria
No More Dead Daves
Lil_Kaios

I've seen Hotel Dusk around prrrrretty often. Easier to find than Theresia to be sure.

Is that so? hm okay then ^.^ Ima look for it next time I hit gamestop XD lolz An Theresia looked up the trailer for that too. Also looks interesting v.v You said it was horror? Thats so cool >.< I wanna look for that one as well. lolz But seems as if that one would be hard to find. Considering I dont remember ever seeing both of these titles at gamestop or anywhere. O.O haha (unless I have seen them but just dont remember)  

Pikria

Newbie Gaian

Lil_Kaios

Supportive Healer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:45 pm
Pikria

Sound good none the less, still need to get all the ending in 999 still ^^;;; I have so many games I need to finish and then ones I want to play (especially for the DS/3DS )

Ruff Rabbit

Okes, might look more into Theresia than Dementium... I'm not too fond of FPS, those if its a good price I might pick it up for giggles... Have a few games like that ^^;;; On the 999 note, I've seen them pop up more around GameStops now, not sure if it is because people are trading them in for FLR or other 3DS games...

Never seen Hotel Dusk at a GameStop, think I saw it at a different used game store once though...

Also on a side note, is anyone else not getting informed when being quoted..? Usually in the guild it tells me when posts have been made in here, but this time it didn't...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:41 pm
Lil_Kaios
Ruff Rabbit

Okes, might look more into Theresia than Dementium... I'm not too fond of FPS, those if its a good price I might pick it up for giggles... Have a few games like that ^^;;; On the 999 note, I've seen them pop up more around GameStops now, not sure if it is because people are trading them in for FLR or other 3DS games...

Never seen Hotel Dusk at a GameStop, think I saw it at a different used game store once though...

Also on a side note, is anyone else not getting informed when being quoted..? Usually in the guild it tells me when posts have been made in here, but this time it didn't...

If I recall correctly they were all pretty cheap. I don't usually buy ds games that're over $10 unless I was specifically looking for them. Right now I'm hunting for Monster Rancher but I haven't had any luck.

I've been having trouble getting guild quotes, I get them like half the time.  

Ruff Rabbit

Dedicated Loiterer

English_Biscuit
Crew

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:56 am
Lil_Kaios

Yes this is a fault that Gaia has been having for a fair while. Quotes usually haven't been a problem lately as you would just have to click another page and it would pop-up but recently I've noticed that its having troubles with most features.

Just come back if your on periodically to double check.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:09 pm
How about the game called Witch's Wish? Has anyone heard about that game?  

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

Lil_Kaios

Supportive Healer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:25 pm
Ruff Rabbit

If I know nothing of the game I tend to stop at 15$ max limit, though if it seems really interesting I might get it if it is more, but it has to seem really appealing to me for that to happen... Good luck on your search, I didn't realize they made Monster Rancher for the DS, I remember playing one on the PS2...

fairy-phoenix

I actually watched a play through of that game, because most of the reviews didn't give me much information about it... It seems super cute story wise, but the game play looks really simple and easy... I suggest watching a little bit of a play through or find a really good review that explains how it works if you'd like to know more about it... Hope that helps some ^^;;  
Dark legion movement (Nintendo)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff