Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[PRP] Days Best Spent With Friends Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:45 pm
"Thank you very much for inviting me," Akira responded warmly, shaking his head. "Not at all; I actually used to get contacted for social gatherings a lot by people in the past, but it was more for business-affiliated purposes or someother such nonsense - nothing as heartfelt and kind as this. It's refreshing and admirable what you did for her."

He glanced up at the call from the DJ and laughed upon witnessing Yuri's stunts, stepping back and guiding Rosie so that he could keep them both from colliding with the dancer and give him space. "Really getting into it, isn't he?"

He glanced back up to where Rosie had, realizing what - or rather, who - she must have been looking at. "I tried to ask him," he assured her, "Luke and Emil, but I imagine after what I heard from Miss Seraphine about what he's been through, it would be better for him to take it easy. You're all really close, it seems like. I envy that."

As the music encouraged them into motion, Akira tired to think of something other than ballroom dance steps as he swayed gently to the rhythem. There was no way he could accomplish anything so drastic as Yuri, but at least he knew he loved music, and that was really all he needed to get going. It was just...how did you dance with a partner to music like this? Then again, hadn't Sera and Rosie been doing just that a minute ago?

"I'm sorry, you'll have to forgive me," he apologized, feeling sheepish. "I'm not too familiar with this sort of music...or dancing," he added, glancing about them at the movements of others. "I've only ever been to a club one other time, and that was with Miss Seraphine. The atmosphere is amazing, just...I find it takes some getting used to."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:27 pm
"Contracted for social gatherings?" Rosie repeated tilting her head with a kind, curious look "What kind of job did you have?"
She knew absolutely nothing about this man. "If you don't mind me asking."
She sounded practically giddy when he made mention of the heartfelt gesture of this party. She had really wanted to make it something special for Sera, she was glad it seemed to have come together well.

"hm-?" It was surprising to hear the man bring up Luke and Emil, since neither of them had come down to dance. She looked kind of amazed, that he had noticed something as simple as a glance and addressed it.
"Oh, yes, I know, I don't blame him, its been... rough, but it will all be okay, we're glad that he's back with us." She smiled brightly a little flush over her cheek, maybe a little embarrassed that he had caught her glance.
"We've all been friends for a long time. they're both very special to me."

A slight tilt of her head, blond curls falling into her cheeks when he made mention of being envious "You envy that? how come?"
But then Akira was moving her, she let out a surprised noise, looking over her shoulder at Yuri as he seemed to be really getting into the music in his own way. Rosie couldn't help a bright smile joined with a laugh, essentially when her Uncle piped in his own approval.

"Oh really?" Rosie looked back to Akira when he mentioned not being used to this kind of dancing. "What kind of dancing are you used to?" She asked, sounding interested.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:14 pm
"Heh, uh...well it wasn't anything much," he conceded, embarrassed. "It was more of the...'circles' my family and I were a part of; all very polite and business-like. And fake," he added musingly. "All that sucking-up and false flattery left me with a bitter taste of relationships with others. The family business just wasn't for me, so I left." Boy, that sounded like it had all been so much simpler than it actually had.

Nodding with a slight tilt of his head at her change in complexion, he beamed. "It's clear in everything you do. Ah...as for me being evious, that might be because I've never really known any sort of friendship like that. What with the people my family knew, one could never be certain who was genuine about their sentiments and who just wanted to get close for personal gain."

"But don't trouble yourself with such thoughts, especially on a night like tonight," Akira advised. He had noticed Luke watching them from above. "While the birthday girl may be enjoying herself, I think your other dear friend there might benefit from your talking to him. Something tells me you'd have a great deal more luck in convincing him to join us than I." He ignored her question about his knowledge of dances in favor of a more pressing topic.

The brunet scratched his head sheepishly. "Your charisma and charm are astounding. I knew a girl like you once in high school and everyone loved her. You seem to have a similar following here; I doubt anyone could resist a request from you," he hinted, nodding his head in Luke's direction meaningfully.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:59 pm
Rosie didn't mean to stare in the kind of astonishment as this man spoke, left a little speechless.
Blue eyes blinked a couple of times before she too glanced up to the second story platform, then back at Akira.
"You are a kind person, Akira." Rosie told him. "You notice, and think of others so selflessly." a smile spread across her face. "Someone like you will make a lot of friends here, true friends, I just know you will."
she looked to Seraphine "Well, I know you've made one already."
Sera might be rough around the edges, but Sera had always been nothing but herself, and even if it was hard to see, The girls actions had always been what made her and amazing friends.

Rosie smiled softly at the complement directed toward her, With a step back, the girl bowed herself into a curtsey to the man.
"Thank you for the dance."

Back up she smiled once more at him, before she spun and made her way off of the dance floor. Though she passed Sera and Nate, giving them both a wave through the loud music.

"What? Done already?" Rayan asked Rosie as she moved passed the older women.
Rosie looked surprised
"Oh gosh no!" She laughed, then continued to make her way up the steps when the bouncer let her pass, walking over to Luke, with a wave to Emil as well.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:16 am
As wistful as he felt in doing so, it was pleasant to watch Rosie dance. She moved with a studied elegance and grace that commanded attention; it was no stretch of the imagination, given her display, that the girl loved music as much as she did. What was surprising was when she suddenly stopped and departed the side of her partner. What was more surprising was when she departed the floor altogether, returning to the balcony apparently to approach him. Luke regarded her in a small confusion, "What's up?"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:22 am
"I came to check up with you." she told him, stopping next to him and leaning over the balcony a little to look down at the dance floor.
"You're up here all alone" She pulled back, looking over at him, and glancing over to Emil as well.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:30 am
He watched her, changing to a more sidelong acknowledgment as she took a place beside him. He shook his head slightly at her appraisal, "It's all right; I don't mind watching." A momentary pause, and a quiet addition, "Your dancing is pretty amazing."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:37 am
She tilted her head back over to look at Luke.
"I can't blame you, its fun to watch people dance." She agreed, though at the complement toward her, she lifted her hand to the side of her face, and beamed.

This of course meant he had been watching her, she wasn't sure why that idea made her blush. She was a performer before she started training, she was used to people watching her dance.
"Thank you~ I really love it." She returned. "If you want, you can come down and dance a little too, its really fun."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:44 am
A few moments passed before he gave his response, shaking his head reluctantly, "I don't think so. All I can do is standard ballroom stuff." Necessary learning for all the dumb political parties his father insisted on, and all but completely useless outside of that environment.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:39 am
The mention of knowing ballroom didn't at all do much to help detour Rosie's invitation to dance. quite the opposite, the girl actually perked up, her fingers closing around railing of the ledge.
"What style do you know?" She asked with a pleasantly surprised tone in her voice.
"I might be able to help, some ballroom actually works really well with this style of music you know. with just a few pace changes, and a little bit of an attitude adjuster." She added. "its a good base~"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:57 am
He looked to her as he heard her surprise but ultimately allowed his gaze to return to the dance floor. "Mostly just the smooth styles," he said, folding his hands on the guard rail. "Standard and Viennese waltz, quickstep, foxtrot… Not that I'm particularly good at any of it." The suggestion that a ballroom style could act as a base was received with some apprehension but no outright rejection. He rubbed absently at his neck. "I… don't know. I'm not really…"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:56 am
At Rosie's compliment, it was Akira's turn to be surprised. His lips parted, ready to protest, but unable to think of what to say while being flattered and yet uncertain at the same time. In the end he closed his mouth and bowed at his waist in response to her curtsy. "Thank you, Miss Rosie," he answered, grateful for more than just the dance.

When she smiled at him, he returned it in kind, thinking of how much and yet how little she was like Mitsuko Takara - both were cheerful, sweet, friendly lovers of pink and helping people who got along with just about anyone. Unlike Mitsuko, however, Rosie wasn't oblivious to how others felt about her. Rosie knew her friends cared about her and valued that friendship for what it truly was. She had a certain...depth to her that underlay her happy-go-lucky-seeming exterior.

Glad to see Luke and Rosie discussing things, the brown-haired young man went to go get fruit drinks for him and Emil while they were sitting out a while to watch the others. He ended up coming back with a tray of glasses, including sunset smoothies for Rosie and Luke. He waited a while to give them some time alone before heading up the stairs very slowly to avoid spilling. At the top he went to Emil first, setting down the tray at one of the tables. "How're you doing up here, Emil?"  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:40 pm
When Rosie came up, Emil blinked at her, then just quietly kept to himself as her and Luke discussed dancing. His green eyes turning to the floor. Unable to help but notice Yuri doing his thing out there. They all seemed to be having fun.

When Akira then joined him, he looked over at the other guy shyly. "I'm okay."

And Yuri did indeed continue to do his thing, his long hair whipping about as he went about his crazy moves. Which now had him on the floor doing his own version of break dancing or... something. Yeah he looked like an idiot, but didn't really care at the moment, the DJ's calls only encouraging him. And really, just about everyone on the dance floor looked kinda dumb, so he might as well join them.

Eventually though, he'd had about enough after exerting plenty of energy. The man getting himself up with a one-handed handstand before landing on his feet and stepping aside to let other people use the space.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:57 pm
"Just 'okay'?" the brown-eyed young man asked, casting Emil a somewhat concerned smile. "You seemed to keep mostly to yourself when we were at the hot springs, too. Is it girls you have trouble with, this group, or people in general?" Despite Yuri's continued wild antics below, he kept his attention focused on the blond boy.  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:19 pm
"I did not know that." Rosie said, this was exciting to her, learning anyone can dance, but now learning her friend had learned how to do these very classic and in her opinion amazing dances... though she had to reconsider that, she couldn't think of a dance that wasn't amazing.
but the point still stood!

He didn't seem like he was very convinced though, and she couldn't blame him, dancing in public or at a setting like this could be something of a put off if you've never done it before.
"Its easy one you forget about whats going on around you and just get into the music,"
Her own eyes fell to the dance floor, at the people moving to the music, some in very different and interesting ways. Like Yuri who had managed to form a dance circle around him, people standing by to accept the break dance challenge, and like Sera who really knew how to show herself off in such a crowded aria.

"You shouldn't have any trouble, you already know how to move, from here its just a matter of feeling it with the music. I can show you how to get started, you'll know where to go from there." She encouraged with a confident nod. Though she leaned back again, holding an arm out toward the VIP aria that they had. "We rented this whole aria out for the party anyway. Though It seems like everyone wanted to be out on the floor. The floor gets crowded though, more room is much better, if I asked you to dance up here would you maaayybe like to?" She offered the alternative, knowing that it would probably be much more comfortable when one wasn't surrounded by strangers, she did add a small hopeful smile to her question.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff