Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:37 pm
"Wipe it off as best you can. Its not as if you won't make mistakes and fall. Just get up, brush yourself off and keep going with your chin held high. If you dwell on your mistakes, you won't ever overcome them."

Flynn glanced over at Dove curiously. Something had obviously happened with this girl, and it seemed she had very little confidence in herself. The girl was an easy read.  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:48 pm
She looked away again, again lowering and crossing legs and watching the waves as they hit the shore. "I guess that makes sense," she said quietly, tucking her hair back again as Lovey adjusted to sit in her lap once more. "It's just hard to make amends when half of the people you've harmed are gone and the other half won't hear you out."

At least Luke had seemed to have forgiven her... in fact, he had helped her a great deal the previous night. Sera, on the other hand, and Yuri...  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:55 pm
Flynn sighed a little in sympathy. "I see," he said, his voice still soft and quiet.

"Once trust is broken, it can be hard to fix. Buts its not irreparable. Maybe you should just use this time to make amends with yourself first, so that when they do come back, or are ready to give you another chance, you will be ready."  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:10 pm
"Just standing can be the hardest part..." she mused under her breath, Luke's words flooding back to her mind. She turned back to Flynn with an apologetic smile, nodding a little. "That's really my only option it seems... I just hope I get the opportunity." Where to even start making amends with herself, when all she had to look at was failure. The only accomplishment she had allowed herself was a new pokemon, and an attempt to speak with the people she had met again. No matter where she looked, she was basically friendless, though Flynn was right. She had to keep her head up.

She tucked her hair back again, curling it behind her ear. "I'm sorry," she laughed, apologizing again, surprised when she realized a few tears had crept to her eyes. They quickly disappeared. "I didn't mean to be so cloudy at the start of such a beautiful day. Thank you for hearing me out." It was nice to talk with someone with no outward judgements against her. It was nice to just talk with anyone.

She looked out again at the sea, watching as Thierry stilled and made his way back towards them, stopping a few yards away with his eyes on Flynn. With a thought, she looked to the blonde, hoping to steer the conversation away from such gloomy subjects. "No Unicerous, today?" Was the Rapidash his pokemon at all, or did it belong to the embassy?  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:05 pm
"I'm sure you will. Just stay positive. And no, don't worry about it. I know it helps to have someone to talk to." Even if they are almost a complete stranger, but really... Flynn didn't mind.

When Uniceros was brought up, he laughed lightly. "Today is his day off too. I'm letting him graze all day in a pasture."  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:07 pm
She did turn back to him, smiling a bit as her cheeks pinked in embarrassment. "You have no idea, Flynn," she said softly. Really, he had been so much of a help, just by letting her listen, and by listening in return.

When he laughed, she couldn't help but smile, though it faded a little when he told her where he was. "Is that safe?" She couldn't imagine leaving her pokemon out and about, and certainly not here with the threats that surrounded the island.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:12 pm
"It's a fenced in pasture," he noted. "He's perfectly fine." Plus he had no doubt that Uniceros could take care of himself anyway. But really, the Rapidash was living it up in equine luxury where he was at. A specialized Pokemon Day Care where the Rapidash was pampered and treated like a king.  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:15 pm
She visibly relaxed as he explained, then nodded. "That's good, then...I'm sure he's enjoying himself!" she smiled, pulling her sleeves over her hands again. "Sorry, I just didn't know... with Team Rocket around and everyone so scared of them, I just jump to the worst scenario."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:46 pm
"I have to admit, I don't know much about Team Rocket except from the few things I've heard." And from the sounds of it, they didn't sound particularly good either. "Have you had an encounter with them?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:51 pm
Her brows furrowed a little, and she shrugged a bit. "Not really... I mean, I knew a man once who was in Team Rocket, and there's another person I try to avoid at all costs... but the only real run-in I've had with Team Rocket would be when I bought Trill...I guess."

She quieted quickly, her eyes falling again to her lap as she admitted it yet again. How could she seriously have been so foolish...?

"They steal pokemon from innocent people, and are pretty rampant here, so I've heard...They weren't any trouble back home, at least...not that I can remember."

She looked back to him again, her head tilted. "I take it they weren't a problem in Grande Ile, then?" Though surely the embassy knew something of Team Rocket. It seemed silly that he hadn't at least been briefed on the group.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:42 pm
"The only thing I had heard was that such an organization had been suspected to be involved in the murder of the Duke's daughter. But that was never confirmed." This said thoughtfully as Flynn thought back to that terrible event that had shaken his nation.

"But no, they have no presence in my country." Plus the embassy stayed out of Kodo's affairs as they were merely there as representatives of peace between the two countries. Not to get up in each other's business.  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:14 pm
Her eyes grew at the mention of a murder, and Lovey paused to look at the man as well. She shook her head, picking up the eevee and cuddling her to her chest. "That's...." She looked away a moment, then back. "That's terrible. I'm glad they haven't made their way over to Grande Ile, though...at least, not in force..."

She let her eyes fall shut, then sat her chin on Lovey's head before opening them again, this time just barely. "I really, really hope we can avoid them...It's terrifying to think about...I'd almost rather go back to Sinnoh."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:57 pm
Flynn tilted his head questioningly at Dove's admission.

"Then why don't you?" he asked. She had every reason to be nervous with a criminal organization around.  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:18 pm
She slowly settled back again, against the typhlosion's side, her hand no into the locket around her neck. "It's... Complicated." she told him quietly, looking out across the horizon again.

She offered a weak laugh. "Maybe things here are difficult, and I've cried more often than I can remember doing at home, but..." She swallowed, a bit hard, pausing a moment. "But at least here I'm learning and free, whereas at home, it would all be routine and... Arranged."

Another long pause. "At least here I have the option to grow, with freedom, even if it hurts. And Home doesn't really hold the same meaning it used to, after... Everything." Another weak smile, though she finally turned to him with a little shrug. "It's not an ideal situation, but even facing the hardships here will be better than facing home. With hope, it'll make me a better person in the end..."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:04 pm
Flynn listened but couldn't help it as he raised his brows. "Well, that's a very vague way to answer that question," he admitted. It hadn't really been an answer at all, more like she was tip toeing around the truth really. But he wouldn't press it. It was probably a very personal thing.

"It's always good to learn and grow," he continued. "And not to let your fears chase you away." It wouldn't do if the threat of criminal activity caused everyone to leave after all.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff