Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:27 pm
"Oh." Rosie nodded. "Yeah, You're right. He was doing really well."
It seemed Dove didn't want to continue it. "Sorry, Generally once a trainer battle is started, its not over until one of the pokemon can't continue to battle." Rosie couldn't blame her, "I know the concept of it could be terrifying, And to humans it might be, But you find out pretty quickly that pokemon are quite a deal more rugged. It helps them in many different ways."

Rosie just smiled, accepting that Dove wanted to end it and walked over into the battle field, over to Melody who lowered her head an gave another whine to her trainer. Rosie just giggled and reached her arms around the Charizard's head. "You've gotten so good, I'm amazed by you Melody~" Rosie told the Charizard.  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:43 pm
She frowned deeply, but it quickly softened, her eyes falling to Sparky instead. She knew Sparky could have taken more, but what was the point when it was just a friendly battle? Had they been seriously competing, she would have seen it through til the end, no matter the outcome. From everything she had read, watched, and been told about battles, it was routine, but why push her pokemon to such an extreme when the day was young and they had just been healed up? "I know, I just didn't see any reason to continue it... We did just come from the pokemon center, after all. No need to have to head back so quickly," she said, offering a small smile as she headed over to Sparky.

Heat still shrouded his neck as he simmered down, irritated that the battle had stopped, but glad for the break none the less, and when his trainer approached, he turned his head down to her, his expression blank.

With an apologetic smile, she looked up at him, then stepped back as he lowered himself to her height. "Sorry I stopped things... I think you could've taken her, had we kept going" she winked, reaching out to brush her hand across his head. The typhlosion simply closed his eyes and sighed heavily, then looked to her again. "I know... I know... But hey, you did an amazing job, just like I knew you would."

At this, Sparky paused, then lowered his head in a nod, then shifted his weight forward to gently nudge her chin once with his nose, a tired smirk on his face as he returned to full height. If she expected him to keep his head up after having to forfeit a battle, he expected her to do the same in every other circumstance.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:58 pm
"I don't mind stopping the battle, that's me anyway, if you're not comfortable continuing then that's okay, but if you battle with other people its considered extremely poor conduct to end the battle before there is a winner. The pokemon don't get an opportunity to grow when they don't get to finish the battles and other trainers might have a big problem with that. This is why the pokemon centers are free for trainers. " she explained with a gentle smile "They know its hard work so they do what they can to help support the trainers progress. sometimes you have to do what it takes~"

Melody arched her eyebrow, with an amused snort at Dove's words to her pokemon. then let out a yawn and plopped her head on top of Rosie's

"Oh-" Rosie squeaked, startled by the sudden weight on her head.
Rosie reached up to pet Melody.

"Well, I was going to go train some more, if you wanted to find other battles with me? Or... whatever you would like."  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:24 pm
When Rosie spoke again, Dove turned her attention back to her, blinking a little. She hadn't realized how seriously the girl was taking this... Her challenge had sounded like a playful one, and though she had been nervous at first, Dove hadn't thought the girl would put so much stock into a battle with someone who had never fought before. Again, she listened as the girl explained things she already knew, glancing to Sparky with a soft frown again before responding. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize we were taking things so seriously... I just thought..." She broke off, tucking her hair back in frustration. "If you want to finish the battle, that's really okay with me. I'm sure Sparky wouldn't mind..." she told her, glancing to Sparky for affirmation.

The Typhlosion only shrugged, not caring one way or the other. He was tired, but if it was what his trainer wanted, he would do as he was commanded, and he certainly wouldn't want to pass up a fight, especially as the Charizard had already seemed to count them out. He scowled.

She grinned a little when Rosie reached up to pet the Charizard, though her face fell a little in disappointment as the girl almost seemed to be announcing her leave. "Did you still want to meet Trill? I mean... you can meet it another time if you'd like..."

At the offer of more battles, the girl looked down to her belt, at the luxury balls draped along her hips. "Do you think that... maybe this summer, we could train some?" she asked, her voice almost nervous. "I mean... Sera and Luke are traveling, right?" She didn't know why, or where to, but she knew they were traveling all the same. Though she was sure Rosie had other friends, the two she mentioned appeared to be her closest friends, and with them gone for however long they would be, she was sure the girl would miss them...Though she expected Rosie to put her mind to training and, well, whatever else was happening for her, it wouldn't hurt to ask...

It was better than resigning herself to a summer with no friends at all, even if she only found acquaintances.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:58 pm
It appeared there must be a miscommunication somewhere down the line. Rosie perked blinking in surprise. "I guess I do take this pretty seriously..." Rosie said, feeling a little bad that she had not been clear on some things. "I have to be though... we all have to be, when people and pokemon lives are at stake." Rosie reminded.
Rosie shifted where she stood.
"Dove, everything we do depends on us getting better, as trainers. I didn't want to tell you this before, becasue it is hard to talk about, but its a big reason why I take my training seriously, and will always take it seriously. I didn't used to train, and when I couldn't be strong enough of a leader for my pokemon, I got my Togepi taken from me, By a rocket."

Rosie kept her hands on Melody's head "Because I was not strong enough to protect him, or experienced enough to know what i needed to do, I had tp helplessly watch as he was turned from this sweet, innocent young soul into a twisted angry baby that had nothing but uncontrolled hatred in his eyes. All he could do was scream and attack... He didn't even recognize me."

Rosie didn't take her eyes away from Dove, her expression was calm, but she wasn't smiling.
"I have not seen him since... I was lucky to get Vahy'n back from them, and that's only becasue Asch was a good person..."

"I might have given up then, I've never feeling so much fear in my life, but that's about the time I met Luke too... And well, Now here I am."

"I'm really sorry if I came off as too strong or something, I should have maybe explained it a little better, but this... them." She gestured up to Melody "its so important to me, and I take it very very seriously."

She nodded at the mention of Trill, her eyebrows arching a little, they would need to go to a more back road, just in case. "we don't have to leave now if you don't want to."
she had invited Dove to come train with her, she didn't want to make it seem like this was the only chance to meet Trill before the sun set.

"I would love to train with you this summer if you like, there is a lot to learn, and its fun with all the off island trainers, there are some great people here~"

At the mention of Luke and Sera Rosie smiled. "Yeah, Sera's in Sagestone, and Luke is all over the island, I'm not sure where he is now."  
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:06 pm
Her shoulders fell a little, and she almost spoke up, but her words fell short. She hadn't meant training in general. The model assumed it clear to everyone that Rosie took that part of her life very seriously. She had just thought the battle was one to see how things were progressing, not a full out training session, or even a real challenge. Rosie wouldn't have wanted to waste her time with that, right? However, as it stood, Dove chose not to speak up, quietly deciding that if she tried to explain, her words would only add to the confusion.

When the girl began to tell her story and said it was hard to talk about, however, Dove shook her head as if she were about to tell her that she didn't have to, immediately noting the shift in her mood. When the blonde continued, however, she listened closely, her brows furrowing.

That was horrible.

Her mind jumped from place to place, and she did her best to see things from Rosie's perspective-- though at the same time, fought against it, not wanting to think about such things even if the girl was providing plenty of imagery. To have a pokemon taken sounded terrible, and to think of a baby being taken... Her mind went to Tobi, and the reaction Rosie had given to seeing it, her heart sinking as she realized it probably hurt the girl to see. And Asch... Asch had brought Vahy'n back to her ...Vahy'n had been stolen, both of which she vaguely remembered someone already telling her... Her Togepi had been...forced to be something else? Well of course Rosie would take it seriously... especially after all of that... That's when she had met Luke... Clearly he had helped her through it. But still...

After a few moments of silence, she lifted her eyes back to the girl, her voice soft and quiet. "I'm so sorry to hear that Rosie... I knew you took your training very seriously, but now, knowing that..." She looked away, over to the Typhlosion as it sat quietly, looking between the two girls, feeling as though she had no right to know all of this about the girl. Everything she had said was so personal, and there was no way those memories hadn't affected her. It was obvious even now that they still hurt her, and though Dove wasn't entirely sure why she was discussing it in detail now, she couldn't help but feel sorry for her.

She rubbed her arm, turning her eyes to the trainer again, deciding that, yes, she needed to explain herself, at least a little, since the girl had been so heart wrenchingly open with her, even if she hadn't asked for it. "You didn't come off too strong. I just didn't think we were going to take this particular battle so seriously. I just thought you wanted to see what he could do, not have an actual battle. I mean... we really don't have much of a chance of beating someone who's been training all her life, when we've just started working together, right? This was my mistake, and I'm sorry," she apologized, a tad bit ashamed to be standing in front of someone with such passion for something she had taken so lightly, even if it had only been one battle.

She blinked at the girl's response to her question about Trill though. Her previous offer to come seek more battles with her confused the dark haired girl-- wouldn't she just get in the way? It was too kind an offer, to be extended to someone who had just now made yet another mistake. "Oh, I just... don't want to take up too much of your time..." she explained, feeling bad that she had wasted so much of it already.

At the girl's positive response to her timid question about her summer plans, she relaxed a little, though she tried not to look too hopeful. "Really? That would be really, really great. We've got a long way to go, and meeting some people would be nice..." The typhlosion beside her watched his charge closely, knowing there was more behind her words than she was willing to let on.

She nodded a little and gave a half smile when Rosie told her where her friends currently were, but said no more about them, hesitant to really talk about the two. She had only mentioned them because she knew Rosie would be best friendless during the summertime, and though it wasn't much, she was much more than willing to offer her own company.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:39 pm
"I'm not the only one either, people all over the island have summer in similar ways, some even worse."
Her hands folded, cupping her elbows into the palm of her hands as she stepped over to Dove.

When Dove bright up again that she was surprised Rosie took this battle so seriously she blinked, "I know, and that's a big reason I take it seriously. " She repeated, wondering if she had confused Dove with what she was trying to explain before.
"I did want to see his progress, but if you cut the battle short in the middle then I don't get to see what the pokemon is truly capable of." She pointed out with a kind smile.

When Dove make a comment about waiting Rosie's time the blond shook her head "Oh no, don't worry about that." She giggled "I like training with other people, and being around friends and fellow trainers, its makes thing more fun, and easier to learn."  
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:43 pm
Dove nodded in understanding, fully aware that there were many on the island affected by Team Rockets efforts... It was awful to think about, but it was the reality of their situations, and the only thing she could do at this exact moment was work with her own team, in hopes of protecting not only her own pokemon, but possibly others one day as well, if the situation called for it.

When Rosie replied to what she had said about their battle, she glanced to the Typhlosion and gave it an embarrassed smile, defeated. The pink trainer certainly did appear to like to point things out, though of course, that was probably much more helpful in the long run. She had thought it rather obvious that the battle was close to its end, if not already there... To voice such a thought in front of Sparky, though, wouldn't do any of them good, and so the girl refrained from voicing it, instead offering another soft apology. She wouldn't make the same mistake again.

Rosie's giggles, however, were much more encouraging, and brought a smile back to the girl's face, though she still lacked full confidence. "Well.. if you're sure...Let's get to it then?"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers