Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:33 pm
A small nod, "Yeah, I think so. Like I said before, you're welcome to stay the night - dunno if you want to walk to your place now that it's so late, but," he ended with a shrug. Luke had already been assaulted once tonight, and Abel didn't particularly care to give anyone the chance to do it a second time - especially when he was already injured enough from the first encounter, though he still wasn't sure just what parts of the redhead had been injured. He'd kept touching his head, as well as flexing his hand, so those were at least two possible points of injury, but that didn't mean they were the only two. Yeah, he didn't really care at all to let Luke wander around right now when there was a very real possibility he'd get jumped again.

Anastasia, on the other hand, didn't give any indication that she wanted to move anytime soon, and she remained curled up in Luke's lap, though she still looked a little concerned and vaguely confused by what had happened that she'd obviously missed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:03 pm
Walking back now somehow didn't strike him as a good idea. With a pokemon like Tartarus to stand beside him, he wouldn't have been so concerned about it, but hurting, unarmed, and with Anastasia to look after, it was really sounding less and less feasible as an option. Still, though, his instinct against inconveniencing others was as strong as ever. "If… If it's not a problem, I guess it would probably be better to stay." At the very least, he didn't want to risk something happening to Anastasia now that she'd been found.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:18 pm
The blonde brightened when Luke ceded and pretty much agreed to stay, and he nodded quickly. "Of course it's not, I offered in the first place, didn't I?" Good, now he wouldn't have to feel bad letting Luke leave and possibly being subjected to anyone else prowling around with ill intentions. Not that he'd let that happen, anyway. "You can have the couch. I'm sure I have an extra pillow and blanket somewhere..." He trailed off as he stood and moved into the bedroom to rummage around and find the named items. Sonia quickly trotted in to help him search.

The pair returned victorious a minute or two later, with Abel carrying both items, which he deposited on the couch beside Luke. "I dunno how tired you are, but you can watch TV if you want," he offered, gesturing vaguely to the screen not too far away, the remote for which rested on the coffee table within easy reach. "Oh, and you can help yourself to food and drinks in the kitchen, alright?" What else to do... He didn't normally have company here -- ever, actually, so he wasn't exactly sure what else to do or offer. He wasn't even sure if Luke would want to immediately sleep or if he'd want to be awake another three hours and expect conversation or something - not that he minded, but still.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:38 pm
He gave a word of gratitude in reply, and again when Abel returned to offer the linens. He nodded his understanding in response to the invitations but made no motions to act on them, instead letting his gaze fall again to the Umbreon, stroking idly at her dark fur. It wasn't quite the worst day of his life, but it was pretty bad.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:43 pm
Luke's reticence made it a little difficult for Abel to really know what to do or say, so he gestured at his pair of pokemon before offering the redhead a brief goodnight, then moved into his bedroom with Isaac and Sonia following after, though the door remained open.

Anastasia blinked up at the human petting her. While she enjoyed the attention, she still felt a little uncertain about things. Regardless, she nuzzled into his hand, though her blue gaze fell to the things the other human had brought out. Those looked comfy... Was it time to sleep? "Breon?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:20 pm
He was uncertain about sleep despite exhaustion, but with a light sigh he resigned himself, readjusting his posture accordingly - he didn't mind if Anastasia wanted to remained perched on him, but he discouraged her from doing so too near to his chest. He spread the blanket appropriately, leaving his elbow bent and his arm leaned against the back of the couch to maintain elevation, and eventually found his way to sleep.

…and sleep, and sleep, and sleep, straight through the distinct buzzing of his gear against the coffee table where he'd left it the previous night to await the reply Seraphine never gave.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:24 pm
Anastasia moved with some reluctance to allow proper blanket distribution, but once that was done she immediately resumed her spot on his lap. She wasn't sure why she was being discouraged from inching up, but she complied readily, simply happy enough to be able to remain near him.

The sudden buzzing on the table the following morning made the Umbreon's head jerk up, her ears perked straight up as her blue eyes found the device, and she tilted her head a bit. When the sound continued unhindered, muffled movements could be heard from the next room before Abel appeared, sleepy-eyed and putting a shirt on. Once finished, he paused to regard the alert dark-type, the still-buzzing gear, and the completely unconscious trainer. "Hey, Luke, your thing's going off," he said, then moved over to gently shake the redhead's shoulder to rouse him because hell if he knew if it was a call or an alarm or something - he didn't have whatever that was.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:30 pm
The light jostling failed to reach Luke's senses, and he remained unresponsive to any of the present stimuli. The buzzing of the gear stopped as the ring expired, a brief beep indicating a missed call.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:33 pm
Abel paused to frown as the device stopped, but he kind of figured that both it and his shaking would've woken the redhead.. Either that or he was just a really heavy sleeper. Well, the buzzing had stopped, but he didn't exactly feel comfortable just thinking of Luke as a heavy sleeper, especially after possibly receiving a head injury the night before, so he shook his shoulder harder, raising his voice a bit, "Luke! C'mon, wake up already, will you?" Going to the hospital the night before probably would've been a better idea than just saying 'screw it,' in retrospect. Too late for that now, though.

"Bree!" Anastasia added, shifting to partially sit up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:50 pm
A slight frown came to his features, and green eyes opened to slivers and stared without focusing at his immediate surrounds. Eventually they closed again, tightly, in a grimace, and he raised a hand to his head with a groan. The pokegear beeped again to signal a left message.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:03 pm
Well, there; at least he was awake now, but he didn't exactly want to leave him in case he fell asleep again... "Morning," he started uncertainly, watching the redhead with a mild frown. "How d'you feel? I'm guessing at least a little shitty. You got a new message though, I think," he added almost as an afterthought, and gestured to the device on the coffee table that had beeped - which reminded him of why he'd come out in the first place.

Anastasia watched with a mildly confused gaze, her ears twitching back and forth in her uncertainty.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:11 pm
He unwisely thought to sit up, simultaneously putting weight on his bruised hand and compressing his sore ribs but withstanding it through gritted teeth. "At least," he confirmed, leaning a shoulder against the back of couch in hopes that the assaulting sensations would dull. His immediate reaction to the knowledge of a received message was that Seraphine had finally replied, but he couldn't will himself to reach for the device just yet.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:16 pm
"Hey, don't move if it hurts too bad," Abel warned with another frown. Man, poor guy... Yeah, it was definitely obvious that he was feeling the effects of the previous night. "Do you want more ibuprofen?" Or maybe.. he should just go right to the hospital. That was probably a better idea. "I can take you to the hospital if you want, too."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:24 pm
He stared for a moment, as if attempting to discern the meaning of the words, and eventually lowered his hand to shake his head faintly, "Just need a minute. I can get there with my Pidge-- ah…" No, kiddo, your Pidgeot was taken, along with all the others.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:26 pm
Another frown. "I can drive you, it wouldn't take long." He paused, giving the redhead a critical once-over. He didn't like the delayed response, but it could very well be that it was just because he was still waking up, but still... "How's your head feel?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff