Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Trials and Tribulations Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:36 pm
Again, she nodded, unable to hide her smile--his was just that charming. "Okay! Lead the way?" she offered, slipping her bag over her shoulder again.

Lovey rose to her feet outside the shop and moved to follow the two, appraising her girl's new outfit. Hm.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:50 pm
"All right," he said, offering his arm to the lady to lead her to where they would be dining.

Eventually they would reach a restaurant that looked distinctly French in style since Grande Ile had French roots. However, there was also local flare to it as well. This wasn't just some little cafe either. It was at the higher end of town and looked it.

Once they were entered, they were greeted by a sharply dressed man with slicked back hair. "Ah monsieur Scifo, à droite de cette manière s'il vous plaît." The waiter then proceeded to lead them towards a table set for two. A pair of menus was handed to them. "Et avec une dame ce soir? Dois-je obtenir le vin?"

At that, Flynn's face turned a bit red and he cleared his throat, unfolding his menu to hide behind it. "Pas ce soir."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:40 pm
She took his arm gladly, and let him lead her, soaking up every bit of the atmosphere as they walked. It was beautiful, even with the dimming light of the sky and the heavy worry of their missing friend.

When they arrived at the restaurant he had chosen, she blinked openly, surprised. It had been a long while since she had dined in a restaurant so formal, and the draw of French food had her mouth watering already.

It was surprise again when he was addressed by name, and she giggled at man's comment as they were seated, and again at Flynn's reaction as she lifted her own menu. "This place is really nice, Flynn..." he said in English, curious to see if the waiter would say anything else interesting if he believed she didn't know French. It was lighthearted teasing at best.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:12 am
Unfortunately for Dove and fortunately for Flynn, the waiter knew better. Most people in Grande Ile were bilingual and so he assumed she was as well.

"Juste du thé s'il vous plaît," Flynn told the waiter, who then nodded with a smile and walked off, leaving them to look over the menu.

"Yes, I come here occasionally with Mr. Ioder." It was by association of the ambassador that Flynn was known here.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:21 am
When it appeared her game was not to be successful, Dove lowered her menu and smiled as Flynn ordered for tea, her eyes wandering the walls of the restaurant and those in it. When he spoke to her again, he received her full attention once more. "Mr. Ioder?"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:33 am
"Yes, he's the ambassador to Kodo, the one I work for. I thought I mentioned him before."

But then he could have been mistaken. Either way Flynn skimmed over the menu as he tried to decide what he would like.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:10 am
She paused a moment to think, still holding her menu loosely. "Oh! That's right... I'm sorry," she apologized, shaking her head a little. "You did mention him, that day on the beach..."

She had been a bit distracted that day, but his employer was someone she should have remembered.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:42 am
"No it's fine. I'm sure you have plenty of things on your mind." It was silly for him to expect her to remember everything about him after all.

It was then that the waiter returned with a pair of tea cups and a teapot with hot tea inside. "Êtes-vous prêt à commander?"

"Oui, je vais avoir le caviar et le steak tartare," Flynn said before folding his menu and giving it to the waiter. The man mentally noting the order and then looking to Dove, "Mademoiselle?"  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:36 pm
An apologetic smile, though she looked away from him and it faded quickly after. She did, indeed, have a lot on her mind, and at the forefront for the moment, the reason they were currently sitting in this foreign--to her--country. "Yeah... I suppose so."

When the waiter returned and took Flynn's order, she waited patiently, then delicately gave her own in French that matched his, requesting a simple soup with lamb.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:05 pm
The waiter nodded to Dove as well, complimenting her on her choice before making his departure. Once he was gone, there was silence for several moments. Their friend was on Flynn's mind as well, and he was just as concerned, though he wasn't surprised.

"The best time to see Yuri would be after nine AM," he told her quietly. The man folding his hands in his lap as he quietly studied her. "They will keep him here for about a week before he is transferred to one of the larger prisons."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:25 am
With a smile, she watched as the waiter disappeared, then fell into the silence that blanketed them at the table, unsure of what she could say to release the tension. It was clear that both of them were concerned, and to try to alleviate it would only make it their quiet worry that much more obvious. When Flynn spoke again, however, she looked up at him, then tucked her hair back, avoiding his gaze for a moment. When he implied that Yuri would be moved, her eyes flicked up to his in startled distress. "One of the larger prisons? Where?" she asked hastily, in the same tone he used, but with a slightly more pressing urgency.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:54 am
"I don't know yet, but I will find out," he assured her.

Flynn glanced up as the waiter returned with a baguette and cheeses. The man quietly thanking him before reaching over to take a piece of bread and some cheese.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:47 pm
The waiter was offered a smile, but it faded as he walked away again. Flynn's assurance to find out where Yuri would be placed did little to placate her, but she did give a small nod, falling silent for a few long moments more.

"I didn't know... half of the things they said about him today..." she finally admitted, her voice small. She was sure there was reason for everything, aside from his lack of restraint in teasing the guard.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:17 pm
Flynn sighed softly, not at all surprised that Dove hadnt known. Yuri didn't much talk about himself unless asked.

"I did," Flynn admitted. "I knew this would happen and I warned him. Yuri has good intentions but they often don't line up with the law. He's just so reckless. It's why I sent him to Kodo, to try and keep him out of trouble. I'm sorry you had to find out this way."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:29 pm
She rubbed her arm absently, making no move to eat just yet.

"He is reckless..." she agreed quietly, her gaze low as she thought aloud. "It's okay, I just..." A deep breath. She was much closer to the situation than she ever thought she would be, and it was now somewhat uncomfortable, she thought, that she wanted to be even closer. A year ago she wouldn't have even thought of being so close to someone with a record.

Her brows furrowed a little, the distress bubbling in her stomach. Lifting her eyes to Flynn, she hesitated, then asked, "What else has he done...? He's not a bad person... Reckless is the perfect word for him... actually...but he's a good person...right?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff