Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[RAID] Attack on Rocket Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:18 pm
The desert had for so long been forbidden territory, too inhospitable to approach and offering no benefits over the cooler and similar terrain of the beach. It was strange to approach it now with such nonchalance, especially knowing their reason for doing so. Luke took one of the pairs of goggles as they were passed around, following the given instructions and adjusting the eyewear as needed. They seemed like the kind of thing that would be at least mildly uncomfortable no matter how well they fit, so for the time being, he let them rest around his neck.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:20 pm
Leaving the goggles on, Rosie shifted in her seat as well to better face her friend so that she could help her friend fit them on her face.
"So then once you pull the strap up, you can move your hair over so it doesn't have so much of it slipping underneath." She explained quietly, smiling as she finished. "There, does that feel okay?"  

League Trainer Rosie

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:26 pm
Even though Rosie was helping put the goggles on her face, Sera stubbornly used her own hand and stump of an arm to try to adjust them herself - mostly her hand - and thus one elbow raised quite a bit higher than the other as she attempted. "Um..." She frowned lightly, then half-lowered her arms to look at the blonde through the goggles, "I guess so.." They were still kind of loose though, so she raised both arms again as she leaned her head down and held them in place with her shortened arm, while her hand reached up to pull the straps a bit tighter. That done, she lowered both arms again with a semi-triumphant expression, "There." A brief, awkward, uncomfortable pause, then, "Um, thanks."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:31 pm
Rosie grinned at the thanks, shaking her head and reaching up to pull the goggles down off of her face, settling them around her neck. "of course~"

No really one for quiet drives, despite the unnerving thoughts that were going through her head, she was sure that a number of people were feeling the same way. They were confronting Team Rocket after all.
Some conversation might be nice, and there were some curiosities that Rosie had.
"I hope you don't mind me asking, Miss Rall? Is it?" she asked, leaning forward to fold her arms on the back of the seat in front of her.  

League Trainer Rosie

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 pm
Well... well was good. She nodded a little, trying to offer another genuine smile. "That's good to hear... I'm sure it was nice to see your family, again." Not that she would know, or try to do any time soon. Just the thought of her family in the context of the situation she now found herself riding into made her almost sick to her stomach. His moving of his schedule was met with another nod, before she attempted to answer his question, though unfortunately, he wouldn't exactly receive the answer he had hoped for. Things hadn't been as horrible, but they hadn't exactly been fantastic, either. "Oh, I've... I've been alright. A lot has happened, but not all of it was for the worse. I've a few new pokemon, now..." Yes, pokemon. That was a nice redirect from the bad, though she pulled at the sleeve around her scarred arm.

Rosie spoke up, then, and she fell quiet, looking over into the back seat as the blonde girl talked (though she didn't make eye contact with any of them), then to the woman in the front, as if expecting a reply.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:35 pm
[Rosie]

The driver glanced up at the rearview mirror to locate the source of her name - an effort that was slightly impeded by the towering man seated between then - and offered a brief smile before returning her attention to the road, "Just Petra is fine. Ask away."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

League Trainer Rosie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:40 pm
"Petra" Rosie corrected herself respectfully. "Its nice to meet you Petra, and thank you for coming to Kodo to help, you really look like you know what you're doing." It was certainly true, the women looked like she took this very seriously.
"Have you been with the League for a long time?"  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:43 pm
Well not all for the worse was... not all bad. Better than all bad certainly. "I should seek for some more myself," Dith said with a small nod, "one more anyway, to complete my squad as it were." Not all for the worse sounded like a lot of it had been but he didn't know her well enough to feel he should ask, or to know how to offer any comfort. Eventually he managed to think of something and added; "Hopefully after today life will get better for a lot of people, and be safer for the future too."

As he spoke he shifted a little, trying to get out of the way of Rosie's conversation with Petra whilst also not getting into anyoneelse's personal space than he already was. Ach, he hated travelling like this, he always ended up feeling awkward and outsized.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

League Trainer Rosie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:45 pm
(Dith)

Rosie smiled when Dith tried to get out of the way so that the two could see each other easier, shaking her head and reaching out to loosely wrap her arms around his shoulders, the best she could anyway, in a reassuring hug, not minding if he was in the way at all.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:47 pm
His final sentiment earned a slight smile, though the fear in her eyes stayed true. "I hope so..." she told him, her voice fading as she tuned into the conversation being held over the occupants of the van. Keeping conversation with Dith would be a little more difficult now that Rosie had taken it upon herself to start a full conversation with the woman in the front seat, she thought.

When Rosie put her arms around him, she withdrew even more, feeling out of place yet again.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:48 pm
Lin, Vince, Andre

While the back two rows appeared to be rather talkative, the row directly behind them was not, and Alder half-turned in his seat to regard the three people behind him with a smile. "Hello," he greeted cheerfully, though he kept his voice soft so as not to talk over Petra and Rosie or anyone else. "Would you mind if I asked your names?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:48 pm
[Rosie]

"I'm glad to be here, though it's a little embarrassing to hear that," she replied, laughing lightly. "I haven't even done anything yet." Though she certainly planned to do something very soon. The sudden transfer hadn't been her decision, but she had been grateful for the opportunity, having heard of the trouble facing Kodo. At the question to follow, she hummed in thought, "I've been working with the special operations squad for about five years now, and long before that, of course, I was a League trainer on a pokemon journey the same as anyone else."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:56 pm
Dith relaxed as Rosie wrapped her arms around him and reached up to place a huge hand on her shoulder in return. He had missed her. He'd missed all of them but he felt closest to the kind young blonde by a long shot.

It took him a moment to notice that after her comment Dove rather withdrew. He wasn't sure why she'd done so or what to do about it, giving her hand or shoulder a squeeze or something didn't seem appropriate. She was uncomfortable already or seemed that way, he didn't want to make it worse. He did however offer her a reassuring smile.

"It'll be alright Dove," he said with a nod, "I have your back." Turning his head a little so that he could look at Rosie in is peripheral vision he added. "Yours too. Goes for everyone in fact. We will all watch out for one another." And if anything did go wrong he just hoped he was able to fix it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:57 pm
Alder

"Lin." Lin supplied, helpfully, tearing his gaze from the window, where he'd been scowling at the sandy landscape as though he was angry with it for hiding Team Rocket.
He offered a smile in return, though not as cheerful as Alder had managed.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

League Trainer Rosie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:58 pm
[Petra]

"Mm" She shook her head lightly, sitting up a little taller and arching her shoulders. "The fact that you're here just means a lot, trust us."
"Oh wow! so you must be very skilled." she tilted her head though, the curl of her hair falling across one cheek as she raised the question "I've never heard of special operations before though, is that part of the League?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff