Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:14 pm
Were he thinking about it, Luke might have begun to understood why the Jirachi had insisted that he was so loud; his thoughts were so overwhelming that the quiet went completely unnoticed until pointed out. "I guess," he ceded halfheartedly.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:19 pm
"It is really quiet," the brunette agreed, noticing Luke's (understandable) lack of enthusiasm and so doubling her own to make up for it. Something to make it less quiet would be good, though she knew that she couldn't - and wouldn't - even think of trying to play or sing anything. That would be disastrous.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:43 pm
"I can fix that, one second." She announced, though by that point Kiss Kiss had sat up, looking around happily and hopped off of the couch.
In two bounds made it over to the Piano "Raai" slapping the button to turn it on, the Raichi sat up high on her hind legs.

Dark blue eyes searched the keys for the one she wanted, once she found it a paw was lifted up and gently pressed down on the key.
Playing a simplified version of 'marry had a little mareep'  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:55 pm
The Raichu's sudden and enthusiastic interaction with the piano caught Luke's attention, kindling an interest in his expression. He watched, surprised, as Kiss Kiss picked out the proper keys to form a cohesive and recognizable melody. He shouldn't have been but so surprised, perhaps, given the pokemon's trainer and her interests, but still. The sound from the instrument was rich and sweet - maybe not as much as a traditional string piano, but enough still to reach nostalgia. With a wistfulness that approached envy commanding his features, Luke watched the electric-type's efforts.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:34 pm
As she warmed up she became more comfortable with playing other songs, though keeping it very basic, obviously due to the fact that she didn't have the ability to use fingers to hit more than two keys at a time.
Her tail flicking back and forth happily as she played.

Rosie, having stepped up behind the couch crossed her arms over the back of it to watch Kiss Kiss play.
Glances to Luke though, disguised in casual observations, she couldn't help but notice the look in his eyes when he was watching Raichu play.
"You don't know how to play, right?" she asked Luke.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:43 pm
Luke mentally started at the question, having been too enamored with the sound to notice that Rosie had taken a place nearby. He nodded his confirmation, "I've been told that I learned the basics when I was little, but…" But obviously he wouldn't remember anything about that now.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:54 pm
She knew what the 'but' would have entailed, tilting her head before speaking once he did not continue.
"You're welcome to play around on it if you want to," she offered, leaning forward a bit more "I've got some time while foods cooking, want me to teach you a little?"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:24 pm
The suggestion was mildly baffling, as if he had expected that anything he might find enjoyable was forbidden to him now. The offer contradicted that expectation, and for a time he remained in confused hesitation, a contemplative frown in his features. "I… don't know?" he replied at length, the answer easily untruthful. The indecisiveness he voiced was a response in its own right when paired with his disposition, and it wasn't a difficult task to deduce that the suggestion appealed to him.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:50 pm
She blinked when he seemed a little surprised by the offer, and replied with a sense of uncertainty.
Though despite the reply she couldn't help but notice the interest in his tone and the look he had given the piano.
"Just a little try?" She asked, pushing herself up again "I can show you the cords before the egg timer goes off." She offered again, arching her eyebrows and lifting one of her shoulders in hopefulness.
She knew if she got him started, he might actually enjoy just playing around.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:30 pm
His gaze remained low, almost reluctant, but undeniably willing. "…I guess." If nothing else, he could convince himself that he was agreeing for the sake of not disappointing Rosie; she seemed interested enough for both of them about the idea.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:54 pm
"Okay! Umm, okay Kiss Kiss, lets scoot you over a bit-" Rosie told the Raichu that paused playing, sitting back onto her legs and blinking at Rosie as the girl walked over, took a hold of one side of the bench and slid it over, so that the Raichu was not sitting in front of the lower sounding keys.

She was already well aware that Luke's ability to use his arms was greatly hindered because of the gashes he had sustained on his back, so, before she sat down she walked over to pull Luke over to the Piano, stopping him just in front of the keys.

"Okay" the trainer breathed, plopping herself down on the piano bench as well, letting her hands slide over the keys, and playing a few notes of a song almost out of instinct before she glanced over to Luke. "So, the set of keys that you're going to be familiarizing yourself with the most- and to start, are these."
A hand moved in front of him to lightly the first set of Keys. "You just position your hand like this, keep it in good posture, and- Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do" She sang along with them while striking each key, then removed her hand, making a gesture for him to try.
"Its always a good starting point for many songs too."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:45 pm
Pushing away feelings of insecurity and reluctance as much as he was capable, Luke moved his hand to follow the scale along the cool, smooth keys. From the last note he reflexively built a simple chord, regarding the instrument with curiosity. "I learned this when I was little," he reaffirmed quietly, now more sure of the fact than he had been having heard of it from his childhood caretaker, "but I don't know how much. It's weird and familiar."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:08 pm
"When you were little?" moving to her own set of keys, she played through a soft set of music, repeating the same simple tune a couple of times and pausing the let Luke try if he wanted to.
"That was before you lost your memories, wasn't it." she recalled the conversation, she glanced over at him her eyes widening a little.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:17 pm
He watched her fingers as she played, associating the keys with the sounds they produced and, on the cue of silence, repeating back the simple melody. He nodded in response to her words, "It's less like a memory and more like a… feeling? Like muscle memory, kind of, but different." As far as he was aware, he hadn't been interested enough in learning to play to have developed any kind of muscle memory, let along muscle memory that would lie perfectly dormant for so many years.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:28 pm
When he played it she smiled, moving onto the next sequence for him to try out, letting her eyes fall onto the keys.
"I think I understand, Have you felt anything like that before?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces