Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
Cutters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what would you blame cutting on
  media
  other
View Results

so darn tootin cute

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:31 pm
[[!Squee!.I.Can.Disco]]
Mm. I was talking to a guy called Adam in my Math's class and he said to me 'You seen that girl, Leah? In my class? She is some wannabe emo. She doesn't even slit her wrists. She isn't emo'
I think most people stereotype emo's for just cutting.
It could be true, because nearly every 'emo' I know, used to cut or still does. Media is influential I suppose. But stress and all that other shiz is probably a main factor.

yeah, i agree. this girl in my class asked me "whats emo mean?" and i told her about it, and about the stereotypes about it. (such as cutting) and the next day she was telling like 5 kids about how emo she is and she was showing off her "cuts" but they looked like scratches from a cat. what an idiot.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:41 pm
Not that I"m proud of it or anything, but I cut myself, and it's not because I wanna be emo or cool or anything, like I hide my cuts, I've only shown them to like one or two of my really close freinds, but I usually cut myself because of some jerky guy or girl. I seriously hate my parents, but I wouldn't waste my time cutting on them. Also, like that other person, I"m fat...actually I have what some people call an eating disorder, but I'm still fat. I"m trying to stop though. But I think I sort of need to cut. My parent took away my scissors though.  

blackelement09

Paradoxical Pulse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:52 pm
People cut because they might be stressed,
or they might think it will make them cool or 'popular'.

(ive done a research project on this topic)

It relieves stress because when you cut,
it releases a chemical in your brain giving you a false since of wellness.

People that think it will make them popular will be more likely to join cutting clubs.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:06 pm
i cut five times, yesterday. but me a** bled too much, so i had to quit. boy, it hurts to sit down. i might move to the other cheak tommorow.  

[SkIPpY-KnIVeS]

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:13 am
Partly it is the media because cutting is like a new fad. There are dozens of books on it, songs about it, and other sources saying that it's what you should do if you're depressed.

However, like anything else, media is not only to blame. If a person has the lack of personal responsibility to allow their decisions to be made for them by a song or book, then they need to rethink themselves even closer than before.

There are other ways of whatever you want to call "cutting", expression or depression or boredome with mundane (or unpleasing) life. I don't doubt that some people "have good reasons to cut" but I think it's their own fault for not seeking a better solution.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:19 pm
[SkIPpY-KnIVeS]
i cut five times, yesterday. but me a** bled too much, so i had to quit. boy, it hurts to sit down. i might move to the other cheak tommorow.

you cut yourself on the butt? I do it on my wrists, but even though it bleeds a lot, I can always wear arm warmers or a really big huge bracelet to cover up the cuts, but I"m trying not to cut so much, because I"m in a summer dramam thingy, and I know I can't wear some weird colored arm warmers while playing the mom in a play, so ya.  

blackelement09

Status Quo Joe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:45 am
[SkIPpY-KnIVeS]

Oh Skippy, you shouldn't do that. It makes it Hurt when you s**t. and then Fecesgets in your cuts and wounds. crying crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:00 pm
Anarchy-x
[SkIPpY-KnIVeS]

Oh Skippy, you shouldn't do that. It makes it Hurt when you s**t. and then Fecesgets in your cuts and wounds. crying crying

yeah thats why i moved to my hair i just cut off some hair when i'm mad and i sing ren and stimpys happy song "happy happy joy joy"  

MONKIE LAD

Status Quo Joe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:29 pm
monkiefeces
Anarchy-x
[SkIPpY-KnIVeS]

yeah thats why i moved to my hair i just cut off some hair when i'm mad and i sing ren and stimpys happy song "happy happy joy joy"

happy happy joy joy  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:47 pm
vomitZOMBIES
Haunts the Dead
i never cut because i think it's stupid when i really wanted too. AND TOO MANY FAGS AT MY SCHOOL ASK ME IF I CUT BECAUSE THEY THINK I'M EMO AND I HAVE SCARS!!! well yeah.... it's most likely from pressure sometime their friends. and stress... and i did with glaSS one time because of the guy i liked. i just like died.... yeah... but i don't cut my arms i cut my back... it's weird yeah that's all i have to say

stfu.
honey.
you changed your story.
srsly like, 5 times.
"i don't cut lolol"
"omg i cut dis one time stupid boiz make mi krai"
"omg i dont cuttt"
"OMG I CUT MY BACK ALL DA TIME LOL EMOOOOOOO!!1"

vomitZOMBIES

Kelly At The Disco

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:06 pm
i do not belive it is b.c. of media b.c. if it was ppl aretoo stupid and also it is thing that [push you over the edge  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:58 am
MasterPwnz0rNikki
Emo kids + Razors = Slit Wrists.

It is the generic equation given to us by Media that listen to Britney Spears. Which is possibly true. Because I know people that do that stuff in the corners of my school. How weird is that kids?

I wasn't and aren't emo, and I do and did it.
But...I dunno.. I did/do it when I'm upset..It isn't the media.. When I'm mad, confused, depressed, or bored...Doesn't matter... I do it just to see some blood..It makes the stress go away...

[. Negative Exposure .]

ComradeKira

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:34 am
life is to blame...the media is the reason that everyone thinks "oh, if you're emo, you cut" which is so STUPID.
i think that a lot of the time, people go emo b/c they cut (not to say that all emo people cut.)
It's a way of making your message clear..."i am sensitive and i want to be left alone" ninja
unfortunately, a lot of people take it as " i am a wuss and am just asking for trouble by being different."
stupid oppressive people  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:03 pm
Well..some people do it for attention I think..and some people do it because it just makes them feel better. Everyone deals with stuff different..andthats the way for some people. Doesn't matter if you are "emo" or not.  

cowboys vs indians

Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces