Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:20 pm
"So what you're saying is that as long as I set a date for the return it's all good. Like, I could promise to have it back within twenty years and be good to go." Not that blankets were really all that high on his list of things to steal or otherwise illicitly acquire. He had a few jackets that sufficed well enough for warmth.

"Nay, not so many," he confirmed. "Most people go south to Jinko for work. Though if they'd fund some restoration there'd be plenty of jobs in construction…"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:34 pm
She snorted in amusement. "Not really, no," she said with a shake of her head, resting her chin on her palm again. "More like a couple days tops."

"Mm, I think I've been to Jinko a couple times," she said uncertainly, though she couldn't really call anything to mind when she thought about it. "If they did have construction jobs out in Ambergris, would you work those instead of working in Camphoreon?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:40 pm
"Well s**t. There go all my plans for the next twenty years. All one of them."

He shrugged with a noncommittal sound. "Dunno. Maybe. If the pay compares."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:45 pm
Sera removed her elbow from his knee so she could throw her hand out in a mock-frustrated gesture. "Well damn, I just ruined the next twenty years of your life then, taking all one of your plans away from you. Sorry about that."

"Makes sense," she replied with a shrug, lowering her arm again and moving to sit cross-legged on the ground. Anastasia eagerly took advantage of the opportunity to overtake her trainer's lap and command all of her attention - or at least her hand for pettings. "I wouldn't know anything about pay rates though, and I'm not gonna pretend to." Especially since she'd never had a job before in her life, ever.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:50 pm
He gestured widely to the ceiling of the car, "Yeah man, what gives?! Talk about cold! All my dreams and aspirations," he snapped his fingers, "poof. Gone. Cold, cold, cold. It's no wonder your mom is so attentive to her blankets."

"Ehh. With construction it could go either way: They pay you s**t because it's s**t work or they pay you awesome because no one wants to do that crap."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:57 pm
"Well geez, if you're so beat up about it then maybe you could borrow one blanket," she said with a shrug, stroking her Umbreon's long ears. Speaking of cold, she was glad she had a hoodie on - the more he said 'cold' the more she was reminded of the lower temperatures. They hadn't really bothered her until she started thinking of them.

"So either way, it's shitty work - just sometimes it's not that terrible so they pay you less, or it's really terrible so they pay you more?" Huh... Well, it sounded like they should pay more anyway if it was really crappy no matter what, but... "That's kinda crappy, but I'm not gonna ever be in construction anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter all that much for me." She probably wouldn't have been able to do the work anyway even if she did have both hands.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:53 am
"How generous," he said, flashing a broad grin. "But no no, you don't need to worry about me. I'm already coming to terms with it." He faked an overdramatic sniffle. "I'm sure I'll be okay someday."

He nodded with an affirmative, but disapproving, hum. "All the cushy office jobs in construction, you can only get them after like a decade of experience doing the grunt work. Or that's how it was in the past. I guess it might be different now that college degrees are such a big deal." He shrugged one shoulder. "But yeah I'm with you man. Don't got time for that noise, no way no how." Of course he had already been in construction for a while, but that certainly didn't mean he ever planned to return to it again.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:57 pm
"Nope, you've guilted me into a corner," she said in dramatic tones, turning her head away to pretend to be upset but also to hide the amused grin, "now you have to borrow one."

Sera shrugged as well - she never went to college - then tilted her head lightly. "Speaking of jobs - d'you have to work later? I'm assuming yes, since you napped in your car instead of going home or something."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:17 am
"Oh s**t!" he replied, mocking bewilderment. "Well fine then. I'll just borrow one for like two seconds then."

At the change in subject, he pulled his phone from his pocket to check the time. "Yeah, in a while. Don't get much time off these days." Not that that wasn't due to his own choices.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:10 pm
His response garnered a short laugh from Sera before she stuck her tongue out at him, not that he'd see it in his current horizontal position.

"Bleh, that sucks," she commented, repeating the previous gesture by sticking her tongue out a second time. A thoughtful frown formed on her face for a few moments though before she reached a hand up to tap his knee, "How much time you got and how hungry are you? We could go get something to eat somewhere if you've got enough time," she suggested with a shrug.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:22 pm
His answer didn't come immediately; it was less a question of time and hunger and more of how much money he had at his disposal. Granted, he was maintaining a fairly healthy balance in recent days, but he was also saving up for the drainingly large expense of eventually finding an apartment in the city. "Eeeehhh, nah, I'll just grab some bread at the bakery later," he replied. "I oughtta get on my way pretty soon anyway."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:33 pm
She debated a moment or two on how best to respond and how to phrase it properly before she pushed herself to her feet and stretched. "Well I was gonna rephrase and say I'm starving so I'll pay in exchange for coming so I'm not going by myself, but if you don't have time..." She shrugged casually as she trailed off, not bothering to finish the sentence.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out