[FIN] Hunting for Dragons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:35 pm
Dith had been happily dozing until he picked up the phone and as such it took a couple of moments for him to register what had just been said. When he did work it out he didn't say anything as stupid as 'what' or 'are you kidding?', none of that was any good and 'what happened' wasn't either just yet.

"What did you use?" Dith asked, on his feet and tensed even though there was no physical action he could take. Vomiting blood, abdominal wound, deep. Dith thought something very very rude in Russian.

Actually, the first and most important question was; "Have you phoned an ambulance? If not do that, if there's nobody there but you ring off with me and call."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:42 pm
"Medical padding--cotton gauze. Those are all I've got with me, and I wrapped him with tape, then wrapped him in blankets. The one between him and the ground i-is heated," she stammered, moving with her free hand to clean the man's face and neck as best she could with her other hand busy and her whole body tense. "We're in the middle of the forest, under a few hours from Sandalwood. There's no way an ambulance can get here. I have a few pokemon that can get him there quickly--two arcanine and a rapidash-- but I don't know how to keep him stable!"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:43 pm
Henrietta clung on as Aurora set off, trotting down toward where the scene of drama was unfolding, still unaware as to the actual event for the moment; had she known, she'd probably not have wanted to come down to the water, and certainly not with Jace too...

Gummy blinked. There was -almost- a perplexed expression as he raised one arm and then put it down again.
Why was his green arm finding red water? This water was not red. Water could not be shiny. The red water was coming out of the human.
He was unconcerned, for now; the humans were humans and so they would know what sort of pokécenter- no, humacenter- the leaking human would need. This human was not his human; until he was asked, he was free to continue in his usual way.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:49 pm
Okay, good start. Dith rubbed his face. "Phone anyway," he instructed, "they will send you a rapid response team by pokemon themselves if there's no access by road and nowhere to land a helicopter. Do not try to move him yourself, okay? Now check the wound, is it bleeding through? If it is put on another layer. If he bleeds through that start again if you have the materials. If not just put pressure over the top with any kind of cloth."

Somebody had stabbed Yuri. Why? Team Rocket? The immediate area must be safe or Dove would have said something, right?

"Elevate his legs, don't let him choke, keep his head tilted to the side," Dith continued after a moment, fingers pushed deep into his mess of curls as his heart pounded. Not being there was worse than being there, so much worse. Unable to help and trying to give advice based on vague descriptions? He didn't know how the operators for the emergency services coped! "Is he conscious?" That was also an important question.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:57 pm
Dove nodded, uncaring that Dith wouldn't be able to see it, then spoke a verbal confirmation. "Okay!" She lifted the blanket, now soiled with blood, and ground her teeth as she grabbed for more sterile pads and applied pressure yet again.

When Henrietta and Jace arrived, the girl looked up, half dreading their appearance, half grateful to have someone else there. "Henrietta!" she called, her voice desperate as she moved her own gear away from her face. "Dial emergency! Tell them to use the tracking on your gear to get her, now! They'll find us."

That done, she returned the phone to her ear, using her shoulder to hold it in place while she brushed Yuri's hair from his face and tipped his head to the side, checked his airway, then moved to elevate his feet. "He's not responding to anything I say and he hasn't said anything since I found him. I've only seen his eyes once, and they were unfocused."

Again the phone went away from her face as she covered the man with the blankets again, her other hand still pressing against the wound. "Come on Yuri, please please please...."

The phone replaced, she looked up at the younger trainers, hoping desperately that they had been able to contact emergency response.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:21 pm
Dove's voice went fainter, she must have moved her dex away from her face, but he heard her call out to Hen. Good.

"Put me on loudspeaker and put the dex down," Dith instructed once Dove spoke to him again. "If he's still cold, get some fire types around him but don't jostle! Keep your hands pressed over the wound and keep talking to him. Calm voice, okay? Ask him if he can look at you, get somebody else to take his hand and ask him to squeeze it. If he responds, good, if not then you need to keep a close check on his breathing okay?"

What had happened?

"Is anyone else hurt?" he assumed she would have told him but it was always better to be sure.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:24 pm
Hen' blinked at the scene.
"What..?" Wait, was that Yuri? Where was Tymiko? Why was there blood everywhere? "Rocket..?" Was her immediate assumption, fearful, too.
She looked at Jace, as she slipped down from Aurora, reaching for her 'gear in the same movement.
Panicked, she jabbed the button that would call 'Emergency', to be greeted by a bright sounding voice on the other end asking if she wanted human or pokémon services.
Slightly bewildered by the events, she had to check- looking over at the scene; okay, so Gummy seemed fine, all the pokémon looked okay, but Yuri was definitely injured.
"Human!" She answered, then followed it with a string of answers to unheard questions, gazing at the scene with wide eyes.
"I don't know! Forest! A lot! Yes!"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:32 pm
Jace stayed up on Aurora's back, his eyes glued to the horrifying scene in front of him, his face pale and his little shoulders shaking.

That... That was Yuri... H-He....

Dove looked up as Henrietta spoke with the person on the other line, then up at the boy as he made to get off of the Arcanine's back. "Jace, no! Stay with Aurora, please" she called, glad when Aurora stepped back away from the scene. The boy was far, far too young for something like this, and she didn't want him any closer to the scene than he already was.

Doing as Dith asked of her, she switched the gear to speaker and laid it down away from the water and blood, then continued to apply pressure, her eyes on Yuri's face. "No... no one else is hurt, but I don't know where Tymiko is. She was with him, and he wanted to speak with her alone so we left them and then his arcanine found us." she explained hastily, looking over at Henrietta again to see if she was close to being able to help. "Hen, can you hold his hand for a minute?" Sjhe hated, hated to ask, but it was better than attempting to do it herself and risking his life.

Jace stayed with Aurora, buying his face in Lovey's fluff again, having carried the eevee with him when they followed after Link. This wasn't happening... no, no no, this was all just a bad dream....  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:03 pm
Henrietta hung up once she'd answered all the questions- which wasn't what she was asked to do, but she'd forgotten that; the handler on the other end would likely ring back any moment.

She nodded to Dove's request, and, a little shakily, came to try and help.
She could, at least, take direction.

Gummy greeted her, cheerfully- for him- by opening and closing his mouth.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:09 pm
Gently--or so gently as she could, given the circumstances-- Dove spoke to Yuri, her voice just barely shaking. "Yuri, if you can hear me, can you squeeze Henrietta's hand? Please?"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

TRHQ Yuri Lowell

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:17 pm
The world was all a mental blur to Yuri. He could hear voices, but they sounded far away and muffled. What little he could see was all hazy as well.

It was so cold, and he was so tired.

When he felt something warn take his hand, he managed to hear Dove's request. However the only response was a slight twitch of his fingers.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:24 pm
"He moved!" Hen' called out, stunned, just by the twitching.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:31 pm
The voices on the other end of the line went staticy for a few moments.

Dith swore, straining to hear again, and relief washed over him as the voices came clear again but only for a moment. Yuri was still dying out there.

"Dove? Hello? You were breaking up!" s**t, s**t, s**t! "Listen Dove, if he stops breathing you need to tilt his head back to keep his airway open. If you think he's going to vomit you then need to turn him to the side. With his head back though it is thirty chest compressions, two rescue breaths, thirty then two. Do you know how to do that? You need to be doing one hundred compressions a minute and you will get tired fast so swap out. Compressions need to be at least two inches deep, do not worry about hurting him. You might break a rib but if he stops breathing you have to keep doing that until help arrives. Understood?"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:36 pm
Never had she been more relieved than when Henrietta announced that Yuri had moved, even just a little. With a nod, she spoke to him again, lifting her hand and trying again not to be sick as her hand appeared red from under the blanket. Gathering more gauze, she covered the wound again, careful to keep the blanket over him as best she could. "Yuri... please hold on...You've got to hold on..."

When Dith's voice came across in cracks, the woman bit her lip to keep herself from swearing, but answered him as best she could understand. "I've got it!" she managed, just before the device let out a long, final beep and the screen announced a failed connection.

She looked around, then to Henrietta. "Are they coming?" she asked, nearly gasping int he stress before she leaned to check the man for breathing.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:52 pm
Henrietta nodded dumbly.
"They're comin'! They said they'd follow... uh... the jeepy ess. My signal?" She got the words out, but didn't take her eyes off of Yuri.
This was scary.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces