Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:10 pm
With an internal sigh of relief, Luke sipped unassumingly at the drink that he remembered was still in his hand, deciding that it was probably in everyone's best interest to not point out that he had never even heard of dating until very, very recently.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:19 pm
Oh this was not making Bruce happy at all, and with the frown it showed. "Thats exactly why she's too young though, and come on, they're living together now too? I know what its like to be young." Bruce pointed out "I know where this is going."

Rosie, looked completely lost, blinking at her Uncle for a couple of seconds, first Sera, and now Bruce.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:23 pm
"Oh, please," Sera said with a frown aimed at Bruce, gesturing to Luke and Rosie with her short arm as she countered with, "Just look at them. They barely know what dating means or what it entails." With that, she took another sip of her drink, though once she lowered the can a mischievous smile appeared on her face. "It won't be hard to explain that stuff, though. Kissing's the easiest one to explain."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:28 pm
"W what?" Rosie trired to interject while getting a grasp of what they are talking about. Alex was shaking her head in her hand while Evan was trying not to laugh, and keeping busy with cooking.

At Sera's comment Bruce arched an eyebrow "Are you serious?"

"Wait a second." Rosie started, "Come on its not that complicated. We don't need-"

Bruce flailed a hand out at Sera "She does not need to know about that! Shoosh shoosh!"

"She knows what kissing is." Alex laughed. "Oh my god Bruce, you're doing the whole bruit daddy thing."

Bruce just frowned back at Sera then looked over to Rosie and Luke.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:31 pm
"Oh c'mon, she knows what kissing is," the brunette scoffed, waving her arm at the older man. "What she doesn't know is all the different ways you can kiss someone. That's always fun to talk about," she said with a light chuckle. Oh, this was becoming a fun conversation - mostly because it was easy to get Bruce riled up over things he shouldn't get riled up about.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:37 pm
Oh my gosh this conversation was happening, Rosie felt her face burn, trying to get a word in, becoming more and more aware of just how naive she was about everything they were saying. But she wanted to tell them that it didn't matter.

Before she could, Bruce stood up from his chair, oh my gosh she was right, and OH my gosh she was planting ideas into that young boys mind! "No no no shhhh, Sera shut up. don't go sharing that!" Anything but his sweet niece.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:40 pm
"Alright, fine, I'll shut up," Sera said airily, raising her soda can to her lips once more but refrained from drinking from it just yet, "we'll just talk about it later, after you leave." And now she could have more of her soda. Holy crap was it fun to annoy the man.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:45 pm
Though the implications of the conversation were vague and meaningless to Luke, he wasn't terribly keen on the obvious disapproval over the matter that Bruce was projecting - even if he wasn't sure of everything that he was disapproving of. "Look," he interjected, wearing an earnest expression, "if there's something about me that bothers you, I'll be glad to hear it, and I'll do what I can to fix it. Just don't make this uncomfortable for Rosie."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:02 pm
Bruce opened his mouth, about to half beg Sera not to, when Luke spoke up. The man stopped, closed him mouth and looked toward the red head. Though at his words a slight almost thoughtful frown crossed the larger mans lips and he crossed his arms.

"The only thing that you're doing that bothers him." Rodney interjected when Bruce's words failed "Is that you're a boy. and you're a boy that is now dating his favorite niece." the smaller of the twins shrugged, making a gesture to Bruce.
"This is simply the classic example of a father figure, being protective of "his little girl." It comes with the whole territory, 'if you hurt her I'll shoot you, have her home by 9 or I'll hunt you down,' so on and so forth. He got like this after Kathryn died and Rosie moved in." a waving hand gesture "and maybe being worried since she's been taking up a dangerous life style.. HM Its actually rather interesting the whole psychology side of his-"

"Alright Rod that's fine." Bruce grunted through a half growl, then let out a heavy sigh through his nose.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:08 pm
"He's right," Sera added, leaning forward a little on the couch. "A lot of parents - honestly it could be either parent, not just the father - get all uppity when their daughter starts dating someone, and pretty much the only reason they're upset is because there's a boy dating their precious daughter," the brunette attempted to add to Rodney's explanation, knowing now that Luke had no prior knowledge of dating barring what she'd attempted to explain, and possibly didn't fully understand the examples that Rosie's cousin used. "That's pretty much the only reason he's upset, and it's nothing you can really fix, so honestly just don't even worry about it. Besides, you're awesome, so he should know he has nothing to worry about," she finished, and though she looked at Luke while saying the last part, she increased her volume a little and emphasized it specifically for Bruce.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:23 pm
"That's… not anything I can fix," he said, disheartened. He was prepared to change almost anything to create conditions that Bruce wouldn't refuse, but as Sera said, his gender was kind of out of his power. Rodney's further explanation only confused him; of course it went without saying that Rosie's safety was always amongst his highest priorities. "If you're worried about her getting hurt," - 'I would sooner give up my ability to walk than let that happen'? Yeah, too soon, - "I'm not going to allow that easily."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:36 pm
Unable to say much of anything, not being terribly surprised by the way Bruce felt, she loved her uncle, but she couldn't even wrap her head around why she would dislike Luke, AT ALL. And what Luke said, just furthered her awe with the persons he loved.

Alex crossed her arms when Sera finished. Then Luke spoke, At his words the women took the moment to held a hand out as if presenting this boy, not scared to lean forward as she spoke to Bruce. "Look at him- This is a good kid, I think, you should be thrilled that this is who Rosie is dating. instead of instantly being all up in arms. You've got to remember that she is an adult, and she is old enough to make her own decisions. hence why she had her own house."

Again Bruce grunted, seeming to be outnumbered here. But, the man had to give the younger red head some points, actually coming out and wanting to address this, as well as keeping Rosie's best interest in mind, he at least had his heart in the right place.
"Look, nothing I say or do can stop you guys, and since we're all being kind of honest here... I don't want to. But that doesn't mean that I'm not going to give you s**t about it every now and that. That's my job." He pointed a finger at Luke.
"That girl, has the sweetest heart I've ever seen, and I don't want to see it broken. You got that?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:58 pm
The question was almost bewildering the answer was, or should have been but apparently was not. Rosie deserved nothing but happiness, and that was all he had ever endeavored to bring her - granted, he had gone about it poorly at times in the past, misjudging what was or wasn't in her best interests. With all that he owed her, repaying any of it in heartbreak was completely absent from his agenda. "Of course," he answered easily. "You don't have to tell me that. There's a reason I love her." He paused, inclining his attention towards the individual in question. "A lot of reasons. Very good ones."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:06 pm
Gooood damn it.
Well, Bruce got the understanding he wanted from the kid, and more. the DJ was not going to be able to say that Luke didn't know how to treat his niece.

Rosie would have liked to have stepped in and reassured her uncle that it was okay, and why she loved Luke. But not only did this seem like something the two of them needed to discuss, Luke was doing a much better job on his own.
She sat on the arm rest of the couch, looking between them, holding her breath a little as her Uncle took on a firm, very serious tone, and Luke's reply with his look to her melted her heart.
No words, but a touched smile followed Rosie as she slipped off of the arm rest to lower herself onto the couch next to Luke so she could wrap her arms around him tightly.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:19 pm
While they talked, Sera merely sat there, drinking her soda and watching them all expectantly. It was almost too sappy to bear, and the brunette was surprised to notice a pang of displeasure - was that it? No, it was something else - with how earnest they were with their feelings and how comfortable and happy they seemed about it. Rather than focus on that, or let such unknown feelings overtake her mood or more importantly, her expression, the girl aimed a smile at her blonde friend. "Hey Rosie, you know what this means, right?" She asked, raising her soda can once more but refrained from drinking just yet; she would after, so she could hide a mischievous smile behind the aluminum can. "It means that you're Luke's girlfriend." Maybe she'd get the same reaction from the girl as she had the other day at the mall. That had been great.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff