Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Call To Aid Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:22 pm
"Not that I know of, no," Flynn said quietly, keeping his voice down for Yuri's sake.

He didn't really know much about this girl, just that he was one if Yuri's friends.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:26 pm
Luke knew well the circumstances of being in a hospital. He'd faced extremes in both illness and injury, and he'd witnessed the concern of friends and family. What he hadn't seen much of was the other side: the perspective of someone visiting a hospitalized friend. It was by no means a pleasant feeling; he had never enjoyed the idea of harm coming to others, least of all his friends. With a brow furrowed in thought, he listened absently to the words exchanged between Rosie and Flynn, his hands tightening faintly as the implications of the questions' answers reached him.

One person stabbed, two missing… What had happened to Yuri was terrible, and it was painful to think about how entirely the situation was out of their hands, but there were still things they could do. They didn't have to stand idly by - and in fact, standing idly by would likely find either or both of their missing persons in an adjacent room, sharing a fate similar to Yuri's.

"We have to find them." He spoke without thinking, becoming aware of the words after they had already been said and turning to address the group to reinforce them, "Tymiko and Ray - they're in danger, right? We have to find them." The thought that it might have already happened to either of the missing pair, or could be happening at that very moment, was toxic and stifling and he refused to entertain it.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:04 pm
With a curious air, the Jirachi floated delicately around the machinery, gaping at it, and how it was connected to the man laying in the bed.
question upon question ran through her head, What were these doing? and why?

she stored the questions in her mind, for it seemed the humans were already in discussion with one another.
It was with a flare of deep worry, a sickening kind of worry that she got from Rosie and Luke when the blond man answered their questions that the Jirachi jerked her head up, looking at the two trainers, before Luke spoke.

"Something's wrong." She stated calling upon the emotions she felt from them and drifting to hover in front of the two.

Rosie had looked over to Luke when he spoke, and only solidified what they needed to do. The Jirachi chimed in, and wish a shake of her head, her hand lowering from her mouth "Not if we can help it." She said to the Legendary, holding her arms out to it and closing them only as the small form took the cue and drifted into her arms.

Yuri was going to be taken care of, Dove and Flynn would see to that.
But at Luke's words drove in hard that there were people that needed their help, probably yesterday
The Jirachi staring with wide eyes at the trainers, waving lightly to the little boy who had gotten excited about seeing her as they passed him in the hall.

Again everyone who was going was gathered up. with a last farewell and high hopes for the group remaining behind, the team took off again, this time to Sagestone. Where they knew Ray was heading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They reached the small mining town in a short amount of time.
Trainers would find themselves in a dusty opening after the pokemon had deposited them.
For a moment everything was still, Rosie returned her pokemon and with a hesitation found that she was stuck with the first question of this rescue mission.

Obstacle one:
Find out where Ray was heading.
(Post in character ideas and suggestions that might get the party on their way.

From here on out its going to depend on characters putting their thinking caps on, we have to work together on what they know of the story, the characters and the aria, work with clues we have to lead this RP and get an end result! Don't be scared to get involved. )  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:32 pm
((Yay long catch-up post because I've been working))

Sera had, at some point, hidden her "hands" into the pocket on the front of her hoodie - meaning, her sole hand as well as the end of her left sleeve, to give the illusion that she had both hands - and strode in with the rest of the group into the hospital. She mostly ignored the others in their group - either because she didn't know them, she didn't feel like talking, or in Akira's case, she didn't know how to treat them - but Flynn at least received an acknowledging glance, while Dove went wholly ignored, as they all filtered in to see Yuri and find out what condition he was in. Once inside, Sera couldn't help but comment in her usual tactless fashion (one usually doesn't or shouldn't say "wow he looks like s**t" when visiting someone in the hospital), but had little else to say about anything. Yuri was alive, and that was all that mattered. Well, at the hospital, at least.

Nicolette had followed the group into the hospital, and immediately upon entering, her entire countenance became subdued and quiet. Hospitals were places of helping and healing, and the latter involved, from what little she knew of hospitals, plenty of rest, which was hard to get if people were loud or boisterous. Or at least, that's how she'd always thought of it - likely due to some small thing her mother or father had said years ago. Thus, the usually upbeat and positive young girl followed the others quietly. The closer they got to Yuri's room though, the closer she was to tears (never mind that she hadn't even seen him yet at that point), and as they arrived, the first few tears had begun to slide down her cheeks unsolicited - not that she tried very hard to stop them. The fact that she barely knew the young man laying motionless in the bed hardly mattered in regards to her emotional state; it was just so terrible to see him in such a poor state after being so grievously injured, and no one even knew who did it. And to make matters worse, poor little Tymiko was missing as well after potentially witnessing such a horrible event. Nicolette would wish Yuri the best despite his unconsciousness, as well as offer what few words of comfort she could to Dove and Flynn, which sadly wasn't very much, before the group departed.

-----

It hadn't taken too long for them to arrive in Sagestone, and though Nicolette was glad for a chance to travel around Kodo's various other cities, she wished she were visiting under much better, more pleasant circumstances. She didn't know the woman they were going to find, nor did she know this town at all, nor did she know what sort of danger the woman was in or what danger they would find on their way to find her - and in the face of these unknowns, Nicolette found herself gravitating towards Luke and Rosie. Epona remained out and walked alongside her trainer to offer some semblance of comfort. "So what now?" She asked, peering at the two people she knew best out of the whole group. They would know what to do for sure, she thought.

Seraphine idly kicked a rock after dismounting, sending it skidding and bouncing along the dusty ground. It had been quite some time since she'd last set foot in this town, and her previous expectations of the circumstances under which she would next visit it were not even remotely close to what her actual reasons were. She wasn't here to train with Ray this time, and had to look for her, instead. The brunette wasn't actually that worried about the disappearance of her quasi-teacher; she had seen how Ray handled Havoc, and she had seen firsthand as well as heard quite a bit of the woman's experiences with camping and surviving in the wilderness. If anyone could handle themselves alone, lost who knew where for who knew how long, Sera was more than sure it was Ray. In her opinion, there was no reason to worry - Ray could handle herself.

Recalling the events that had transpired when Ray had met the Jirachi - further helped by Rosie repeating what had happened, which caused the things to stick in her memory more than they would have otherwise - Sera kicked another rock across the ground as the shorter girl voiced her naive question. What now? They find Ray, that's 'what now.' Ugh, stupid. "She mentioned miners and a co-worker, didn't she? Ray works giving tours through the mines that aren't mined anymore, so that's two miners and one person who walks through stripped mines - two if you count Ray," the brunette said, more to her two friends and the others assembled rather than the Grande Insulaire girl she didn't really care for but was obligated to be nice to since Rosie and Luke liked her, "and the mines run all around inside the mountain - and wasn't there a fire somewhere up in the mountains? I'm gonna guess it's a safe bet to head in that direction first," the girl finished, allowing at least a little sarcasm into her ending statement. Honestly it was rather obvious, in her opinion, and it made perfect sense. Gee, what should they do first when their friend went missing after mentioning the missing miners and tour guide and the fire on the mountain? Maybe go look for them in the obviously suspicious places they previously heard about. Hmm, what a concept.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:54 pm
Akira felt rather awkward from the moment they stepped into the hospital. Not because of the surroundings or atmosphere, but more because of the people he was with. He still wasn't sure where he stood with Sera, especially after their last encounter. Rosie and Luke were more friends by extension of Sera rather than friends with him, it seemed, so that didn't help matters too much. The rest of the group were mostly strangers to him. To top it all off, he hardly knew the person they were going to see, but Dove was looking after him, and that was its own class of awkward.

He felt pretty useless standing off to the side once they had entered the room. The most he could do was fix in his mind what state Yuri was in so that he could assess the damage and prepare to face whoever - or whatever - had done this to him. He may not have known the swordsman that well, but he wasn't that bad a guy and Akira respected him for his street smarts.

Luckily for Akira, he didn't seem to be expected to talk too much from the time they came to Sandalwood to the time they left for Sagestone. He was sick again by the time the arrived, but after drinking some water he had brought with him and eating a bit of bread, his stomach settled down and he could face the obstacle that lay before them. Where to go next? He had met Ray, but he hardly knew her any better than he knew any of the others and thus had no idea where to start looking.

Seraphine was the first to speak up. This somewhat surprised the Brunet since it seemed something her old self would have done. Then again, how much of her had really changed and how much was just hiding? It was hard to say, and certainly not his place to assume anything. Still, her explained theory shed some light on the matter at hand and he tried to consider the facts she listed.

"Wait," he spoke up, pondering something. "If these are mines that tours are given for, would it really be a good idea to just go charging in there on our own?" he asked. "It sounds like we could easily get lost. After all, Ray was a tour guide and yet she didn't return. Maybe she got lost or trapped in a deserted shaft or something. Why don't we ask around a little first?" He glanced toward the rocky outcropping of the mountainous horizon. "Maybe some of the other tour guides or miners. We can ask them about the fire and maybe where and when those miners and Ray and her co-worker were last seen."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:20 am
Placing the ball back onto her hip, Rosie stepped closer to her friends, looking between Sera, and Akira as they shared their opinions. Sera revealing to them that Ray worked as a tour guide, therefore.. there was a place here that knew the mines very well. And Akira's suggestion to go talk to them, and see if they knew anything, as well as the fire's location was sounding really good to the blond

"Oh wow that's perfect!" she announced clapping her hands together and looking from Sera to Akira. "If anyone would know the mountains it would be the people who work in them." She beamed at the two, and asked Sera if she knew the place that Ray worked.
If not they had trusty internet gear to give them directions.

Go to the Tour Guide's office, to ask about Ray and the fire:

While the group made their way through the dusty town to the more scarcely populated aria, seeing paths starting to lead up the mountains, and more heavy duty vehicles in the distance, implying work arias were miners were probably busy digging up gems, minerals, and fossils.

Rosie had already a deep concern for Luke going this far, and for this long on his feet, especially on a rough ground like this, and how the mountains would likely not be any better. Not that she needed an excuse to keep close to him, but it was certainly a large reason as to why she remained vigilant, and by his side, in case something went wrong.

The Jirachi had taken to the air again, staring around the new place with a look of awe, though she couldn't help but be a little scared. Was this the place she had been rescued from?

Rosie glanced over to Akira as they walked, her head inclined to the side as she considered for a moment before speaking.
"Hey, Akira? Do you mind if I ask you something?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:32 am
Pleased to have been able to contribute in some way, the brunet smiled a little at Rosie's enthusiasm. For once he wasn't completely useless. He was slightly distracted by the Jirachi's behavior, however, and watching her curiously when he found Rosie addressing him directly.

"What? Oh, I'm so sorry," he apologized. "Sure, please. Go right ahead," he said as they walked.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:00 am
At the go ahead she smiled though folded one hand behind her back as she walked.
"Its really great of you to come, we could really use all the help we can get... but well, I just hope you know that we're not sure how dangerous this might end up... And I just wanted to make sure you were aware of that before you came with us any further."
He had certainly made it sound like he hadn't known, at least to an extent, and she didn't want him walking into something he wasn't prepared for.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:10 am
Akira regarded the blonde girl with a look of surprise, his lips slightly parted as he listened to her speak. When she finished, he assumed a look of grim amusement and adopted a pained smile.

"Miss Rosie, I appreciate your concern. I really do. But whatever may happen on this trip, I doubt I could regret it. It's already been a lot more meaningful than a large portion of my life, so for that I am grateful. As for danger...I think I could use a little more of that," he said with a small chuckle. "I've lived too sheltered a life and I've come to crave some adventure. That may just be my naïveté talking, of course, but believe me, I have little to lose that I haven't given up already for the sake of an adventure like this. To do something worthwhile; for my life to have purpose."

"Because you see," he said, meeting her bright blue gaze with his brown eyes, "to have existed and never really lived - now that would be the greatest tragedy I could regret, I think."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:21 am
She listened to him talk, not breaking her attention on him unless it was to glance down to the uneven ground.
She liked that he had a very romanticized way of explaining things, it was fun to listen to, but she took it seriously, and after she had mentioned it, he was still certain, the girl gave a nod and smiled.

"Alright, if you're sure, and you certainly sound like you're sure. We do appreciate you coming, I know I've said it before though. Just stick close to us, and be careful, if we're working together then we'll be fine I think."
She hoped.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:26 am
The young man nodded eagerly. "I will most certainly be sticking to you. As brave as I might like to think myself for coming along, I'm severely lacking the confidence and experience the rest of you have as pokemon trainers, so I'm afraid I feel more foolhardy and rash than anything else."

He shrugged with a helpless smile. "I have the utmost confidence that we'll be able to handle anything as a group, however, as long as we work together as you said."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:37 am
"Mmm" Rosie shook her head lightly looking back down at the ground, though more patying attention to her and Luke's stride then she was the gravel and dirt. "Everyone starts somewhere. It just the fact that you're willing to do something that matters, You'll learn a lot about yourself by just doing what you feel is right, So even though this is a serious and honestly... scary situation, I hope it help you in some way."

She beamed at his encouragement, and added her with with a confident nod.

(Oh my gosh sleepy. Will post the next step first thing in the morning!)  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:43 am
"I sure hope so," he answered with a soft sigh, thinking about how little progress his previous attempts to discover more about himself had made. He found himself looking toward Sera as he replied. "It's about time I did something that mattered and felt right instead of just what I've been expected and told to do."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:42 am
Toward the beginning of a series of trails, running down toward the beach and up into the mountain forests. Sitting amidst a small collection of off road jeeps was a small elevated cabin with a sight hanging from the wooden banister reading
"Sagestone Tours and Camping"
There was a distinct lack of people around the building, or even cars in the parking lot, this was probably due to the increased cold. Making tours in the chilly mines, wildly undesirable.

As the group enters the small building, giving enough room for the entire team but little room to spread out much.
Along the walls were vast spreads of maps mixed in with advertisements of different programs, and people engaging in activities of rock climbing, hiking, camping and mining, all with smiles on their faces like they were having the time of their life.
The maps seemed to only center around Sagestone, not just the town but the map on mountains and forest.
One map even had long red markings running the span of the mountains, some of the lines marked in high lighter, to indicate tour options.

Oh the Counter sat a display of folded maps place in a brochure holder, the glass surface of the counter holding an assortment of carabiners, compass utility knives and even what looked like flint and steel. While behind the counter was a display of rope, harnesses, sunblock and some one off reason... towels.

A man stood behind the counter, his hair peppered gray hair stood when he heard the door open, a look of shock would tell the group that he was surprised to see such a large group come walking into the building, that has seemed mostly dead.
"Wooh, Sorry folks. But we're closed for the season for the year. You're going to have to come back when it start getting warmer."

Obstacle Two:
Do what you need to get on you're way.
(Ask away! This is prep.)  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:16 am
(For obstacles. you will have to follow along with the story. Please note that everything written on the front page your character would have been filled in about and knows.

Any character talking to an NPC will be responded to, Environment is also a factor in this, I will respond to environmental interaction.)  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff