Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:00 am
"I don't know her parents personally, but it sure sounds that way," he said, exhaling lightly. "It doesn't seem to matter to her whether or not she's okay with it; it's like she's been groomed to be perfectly obedient regardless of her own feelings."

He couldn't understand it. He couldn't imagine what her parents had told her when she was a child to train her to be so completely compliant with their every word. "Yeah, she'll probably be there," he replied, "and if not, I can always go find her. I'm not sure just realizing that she's unhappy would make the concept of going against her parents any less alien to her, though." Remembering the mug warming his hands, he raised it to draw a sip, unable to appreciate the flavor fully through his troubling thoughts.

"Do you want to come?" he offered suddenly, shifting to look to her. "I'm sure it'll be really boring for a party, but Nicolette will probably be there and it'll be a chance to talk to her." Possibly the last chance, from the way things were looking.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:33 am
Rosie understood respecting ones parents and listening to them, but total obidiance implied that there was very little to no allowance of freedom for Nicolette.
"I know my mother was very directing, but at no point were my sister and I ever pushed to do something that didn't choose for ourselves. But I think that's just how most parents are supposed to be? Or- Just at the very least not controlling." She continued still looking taken aback and a bit disturbed by this news, the idea that Nicolette could just be under her parents puppeteer was quite upsetting.
"That's upsetting... I sure hope its not that way."

When Luke explained his idea of going to talk to Nicolette Rosie nodded in agreement, thinking that it would be better then just letting her go, to barely see her again if ever, Rosie didn't like the idea that their friendship was just disposable in favor of what her parents wanted her to do next.

Her head lifting back up and blinking at Luke when he suddenly asked if she wanted to go when he returned to Grand Ile.
"Of course I would... Am I.. allowed to?" She asked after an uncertain pause "I know your twentieth is a big deal"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:50 am
"She seemed very sure that they aren't controlling her, but she definitely wasn't making it sound that way." Being tricked, perhaps, into thinking that she was free to think and feel however she wanted and that her parents were taking all that into account before they decided 'what was best for her.'

In response to her concern, he hummed in thoughtful consideration. "Well," he said, "it is my birthday, so I would think that you would be allowed if I allowed it. If my father wants to argue against that, I could always punch him."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:59 am
"I guess we'll see..." Rosie had been so excited to see how much stronger of a trainer Nicolette would be, but she knew that Grand Ile wasn't a place that really put much stock into that kind of thing, would she have to give it up?

Well that made sense, it was his birthday and she would love to be there for his birthday, though at the mention of punching his father Rosie lifted a hand to her cheek "Oh no!"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:01 am
He laughed lightly at her response, "You know, you react that way every time it comes up, but can you name one person who deserves to be punched more than my father? He's lucky he's made it this long."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:10 am
"Yes but I see you actually doing it, I could have sworn you came close last time you spoke to him." She let out a breath lowering her hand. "I know I shouldn't be surprised by it every time, but I would hate to be the cause of the argument."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:31 am
"It's not like I'm trying to argue with him," he countered. "I'm just trying to make him understand that I have my own life and thoughts and feelings that are often separate from what he wants. He gets angry, so I get angry, and it starts to feel like the only way to get him to shut up and listen is just to whack him in the face."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:52 am
"No, I know you're not." She reassured "And I know you're trying to communicate, but its just another one of those examples, he tried to tell you how it is in his own perspective and you're not the kind to be controlled." She lifted the mug to her lips for a moment "I think you both mean well, its just, you can tell there is this deep separation between you two."
Her eyes returned to Luke shaking her head "And after everything he's put you through, that's not surprising. I think you've been very patient."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:19 pm
He nodded his agreement with her evaluation, drinking from the mug before it started to lose its heat. "You know," he remembered, "he punched me once before, actually, so I'm pretty much entitled to a hit. It'd kind of be a shame for it to go to waste."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:22 pm
Her eyes widened when he said that, mouth falling open a little before she managed to find her words "He punched you?" A father punching his son? "What?! why?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:35 pm
"Did I never tell you that?" He was somewhat surprised with himself, though he could understand how it had never come up. "It was the most ridiculous thing. You know that I pretty much ran away from home, right? And I was gone for about a year, maybe. I guess they didn't come after me because Guy and Natalia wound up here as well, so they figured they could at least trust that I was safe. When I finally decided to go home, it was because I had, you know… I'd had a heart attack, and the hospital wouldn't treat me without knowing my medical history, and I couldn't get my medical history myself because at that point I didn't even know what my real name was." He had been fully prepared to launch into a vivacious rant on the matter, but the bitter memories quickly and easily took the wind out of his sails. "I didn't have any choice, so sick and tired and basically fearing for my life, I went home. Father greeted me by throwing a punch and yelling about what an awful son I was."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:51 pm
She shook her head when he asked her if he had never told her, a silent look of surprise still on her face, one that just seemed to grow as his story went on.
by the end she had her hand covering her mouth in horror, a slight flush to her face.
Luke had been sick, the sickness that nearly killed him a little under a year back, and his father decided that that was proper way to express his displeasure toward his son.
"What in the world was he thinking?" She gasped  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:59 pm
"He was thinking that I had disobeyed him and brought dishonor on the family name," he replied sourly.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:03 pm
Regardless of how angry about it he was, or how ridiculous it was, it would be silly of her to think that this hadn't hurt him and not just physically, She could imagine she would be so upset by being treated like his father had treated him.
"I'm so sorry Luke..." She said lowering her hand from her face again and into her lap. "that's really horrible of him to do, and to say."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:11 pm
"Mmm…" He rotated the cup lightly in his hand, swirling its contents. "Well, he's never been nominated for father of the year, that's for sure. I know he tries - sometimes, at least - but he doesn't really do a very good job. Like… ever."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff