Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Coming of Age Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:28 pm
"Okay so... pretty serious formal." She concluded not that this helped her that much, she still had no idea what to wear. "Thank you I will work on something."

Rosie lowered her gear and looked over to Sera "We are in so much trouble."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:30 pm
While Rosie was busy texting their friend, Sera had managed to push herself into sitting up - not without a long, drawn-out, overly dramatic groan as she did so - and thus when her friend turned to her, the brunette frowned. "Well probably. Did he tell you what kind of dresses we should wear? I'm gonna go ahead and guess the answer is 'absolutely nothing you brought with you.'"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:38 pm
"Absolutely nothing that I even own!" She bust out, flopping back onto her bed and throwing her hand up over her head.
"So maybe that means that I need to buy something? but then what do I buy?"
Rosie turned her head to look over her clothes that she was half laying on at this point "I should have thought this through before we felt, I bet Luke's dad won't be very happy seeing that we come in Grand Ile clothes, since we're not from Grand Ile clothes... but then again he might not be any happier with us in Kodo clothes either, since its not Grand Ile. If we can even match the fashion right without insulting him further by showing up in something obscurely wrong."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:42 pm
"It sounds like we need to go buy stuff. But you said so before, we could just ask them at the store what kind of stuff we should wear," she suggested, then shrugged. "His dad's a jerk anyway, and it sounds like he's not gonna be happy either way, so you should just ignore him. You can't make someone happy if they're just gonna be a perpetually unhappy jerk with a stick shoved up his a**, you just gotta ignore them."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:52 pm
Sera certainly had a way with words, and always had, not to say it helped much. the mere fact that Luke's father was going to be displeased no matter what they did was very unnerving.

"If it really that big of a thing?" Norther asked, floating up from where she had been playing on the ground with Ballet.
amber eyes having watched Rosie as she bustled around trying to figure out a clothing idea.

"It can be... I mean sometimes it is, Its just that, these are nobles and everything, they probably get their outfits one of a kind, but I think the biggest thing is that we don't really even understand that fashion. We could be going there wearing something with something else that is completely inappropriate to their culture and we would never know."

Northern's eyes widened even more "Ohhh," she couldn't picture it but she could just feel from Rosie how much of an embarrassment and terror that would be.

Rosie lifted her head, looking over at Sera who had finally gotten out of bed. "Okay, I guess our option is to hit up the stores and see if there are any even open on Christmas morning. We have time before we planned to meet Luke for breakfast."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:58 pm
Seraphine stretched, raising her arms above her head with a slow inhale, then flopped them down with a quick sigh. "Can't we eat something first?" She groaned, dragging her feet as she moved around to find something to wear for the first part of their day.

It didn't take her too long to get ready, and once finished with her boots on, she knelt down to readjust the bow tied around Anastasia's neck to replace her missing collar, then stood back up so she could grab her coat to keep out the cold. "Alright, let's go try to find something that's open," she said, though the severity of their fashion dilemma hadn't hit her quite as hard as Rosie just yet.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:14 pm
"Yeah, There is some food downstairs, with some coffee if you want it. I might get some tea." Rosie said with a light sigh to try and calm her nerves.

Once Rosie was finally fully dressed the girl took a moment to lace up her own boots over the cold weather leggings she had bought, along with a long knit sweater.
Thankfully Grand Ile was proving to not be nearly as cold as Camphoreon got in the winter.
"Okay" Rosie breathed, hoping they could find something. She wasn't sure what Grand Ile usually did during the holidays.

Unfortunately for them most of the shops were closed for the day, leaving their selection extremely limited, they managed to find one place open, and to their standards it didn't look all the bad. but it still looked like more casual clothes that one would wear around Grand Ile.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:19 pm
Sera had gotten herself a nice cup of coffee - she also had time to shove a small pastry into her mouth before they left - and made sure to drink her coffee slowly so that she could enjoy its warmth in her hand for as long as possible. Anastasia followed along, sticking as close as she could to her trainer's heels, and followed the girls inside once they'd found a store that was actually open. While Sera didn't know much about Grande Ile fashion, she could at least hazard an educated guess that the clothes here weren't quite what they were looking for. "I dunno if we'll find anything here," she said, scanning the closest articles of clothing. They certainly looked fancy, but then again, everything in this freakin' country did.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:28 pm
The stores that were open were essentially dead in terms of customers, and Rosie and Sera wouldn't have to wait for any time at all before they were approached by a clerk, the young woman wearing a plastic smile, "Bonjour, good morning, and Merry Christmas! How may I help you ladies today?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:39 pm
Rosie had to wonder why they were open on Christmas after all, apart from her own relief that there might be a way to get some answers, she had to wonder how many people actually came in today.
"No... I don't think so either." Rosie replied looking around the selection.

No sooner had they stepped in though when they were approached by a women that greeted them and asked if she could help.
Rosie opened her mouth, then froze, realizing very suddenly now almost silly her questions were going to be.

"Cyyyynda!" Ballet cooed from Rosie's arms at the women that approached, wiggling her nose at the clerk.

"Oh~ yes please, if you don't mind, we actually have... a bit of an odd question." Rosie started "We are going to an event that requires something really nice and formal,"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:05 pm
The woman appeared visibly put off by the strange little creature in Rosie's arms, but only momentarily, quickly smoothing back into her shop smile, "I'm sorry, ma'am, but we don't allow pets inside." That taken care of, she listened to Rosie's predicament, nodding her perceived understanding. "A Christmas party, is it?" she replied, not without a hint of bitterness that contradicted her good-natured expression. "I'd say our stock only really includes up to business casual, unfortunately, but I can try to recommend a place if you can tell me a little more about what you're looking for."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:10 pm
Rosie looked surprised for a moment at the comment about pets, wondering where it came from before she noticed the look down at the pokemon Rosie had been holding.

"A pet?" Northern asked, floating up from behind one of the hat displays a light frown on her face. "She's not a pet, She's a pokemon, Pokemon aren't pets."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:13 pm
The clerk frowned, startled and puzzled by the Jirachi, but shook her head to dismiss it. What did she know about pokemon, after all; maybe there were some that could talk. "Okay, if you want to be particular about it," she muttered under her breath, continuing at a proper, audible volume, "yes, pokemon aren't allowed inside this establishment. I'm sorry if this is an inconvenience."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:15 pm
"Then it's a good thing you don't have what we need anyway," Sera said with a huff and a frown. Anastasia stepped closer to her trainer, tilting her ears back a bit in uncertainty. With that said, Sera turned and gestured to her friend as she headed back towards the door, "C'mon Rosie, they obviously don't have what we need here anyway, let's go somewhere else."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:19 pm
"Oh." Rosie replied, still surprised to hear that, but in hind sight it shouldn't have been too surprising, Grand Ile wasn't exactly a country really used to pokemon yet.

Rosie hesitated, but then shook her head and smiled at the women, as Sera turned around to leave. "No no, its alright, I understand, thank you for your help anyway. I'm sorry you have to work on Christmas."
With another kind smile Rosie looked over at Northern and hurries after her already dearting friend.

Rosie would have loved to get more information from the women, but it wasn't worth it to get to dismiss her pokemon like that. They were partners, equals. and Rosie couldn't allow a segmentation like that over and outfit to get in the way of her team and her.

Northern glanced from the clerk, to the two girls, then back, a confused frown on her face. "Why do we have to leave?" She asked as she floated after Rosie and Sera. "Why aren't pokemon allowed?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff