Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:26 pm
She looked over to him finally, still unable to meet his eyes, but offered a smile. "They're wonderful people. I think even Sparky has grown fond of them..." she told him.

The typhlosion huffed from behind the couch.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:57 pm
Yuri smirked a little at that. "Yeah? Must be one of those Christmas miracles," he said, unable to let a chance to tease the grumpy Typhlosion pass.

Setting his bowl aside, Yuri then started to relax again and folded his arms behind his head.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:04 pm
"Or the weekly visits he has to endure..." she laughed softly, looking over the couch to reach back to brush her hand across the fire type's head as he sat up to glare at the man.

As he relaxed, she did as well, setting her bowl aside and giving her attention to Byakko's ears. The Espeon cooed softly and laid her head in the woman's lap again, content.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:47 pm
"Weekly?" Yuri echoed with some surprise. He hadn't known that she'd been going over there that regularly. "You've been busy."

He then closed his eyes restfully and continued to relax in the pleasant and warm atmosphere.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:24 pm
His surprise made her blush, though it was somewhat expected. "Yes... I, um... cook dinner for them--well, with them, I guess-- every Wednesday night..." she admitted quietly, scratching behind the Espeon's ears. She had, indeed, been busy, but up until recently, that was how she had preferred things.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:38 pm
His eyes opened again to look over at her. "Really? ... Wow, I'm impressed." He hadn't thought that she would take that so seriously. But... It really was great. He was sure they appreciated the help, they always needed it after all.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:04 pm
She shook her head, avoiding his gaze again. The blush remained, especially after he offered his small bit of praise, but she still felt as though she didn't deserve it. "It's nice to be around people... I went to check on them yesterday, and to arrange dinner for Christmas. The center looks beautiful." It certainly wasn't the big fancy parties they had discussed last year, the ones that had been mentioned she always enjoyed... but it was warmer, humbling, and without a doubt the favored between the two now.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:54 am
"Huh... I look forward to seeing it," he told her with another smile. Last year was pretty fun, and he was glad that it had inspired Dove to go back frequently. Seemed that this girl was making a change for the better.

"You know... You've come a long way this past year."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:33 am
She smiled a little, glad she had found something for him to be excited about. When he noted how far she had come, however, it faded a little, and she stayed quiet.

She had come a long way, and she hadn't done it on her own... It had definitely been for the better, and she wouldn't give up any of the transformation in exchange for anything, even the worst of it and the crushing loneliness she had endured because of her previous behaviors. The experiences she had shared had taught her so much, but while she longed to continue learning... she was so unsure of her future she couldn't bring herself to hope so much. Things were about to change...Was it worth it?

Blinking at herself, she forced the thoughts down again. Painful as they were, she had already resolved herself not to think on such matters for now, and she again looked to Yuri, still not meeting his gaze directly and unaware of how lengthy her pause had been. "I didn't do it on my own," she told him softly, still stroking Byakko's ears.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:18 am
"No..." Yuri agreed with her. "That's usually how it works. If you're alone then there's really no reason to change, right?"

He had noticed that she wasn't looking at him though and was wondering why. But he decided not to ask. If she wanted to talk about something she would. Instead he sat there in quiet thought, reflecting on the past year and just how much Dove had changed. There had rough spots between them and she still had a ways to go... But nobody was perfect and a person could never run out of things to learn or improve. Now that he stopped to think about it though, she had been there to help him just as he had for her. This last incident was proof of that.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:36 am
She shook her head a little to agree with him, though she wasn't entirely sure his question hadn't been rhetorical. There wouldn't have been reason to change had she not come to Kodo... She had to wonder if she even would have known that such a change could exist, or that her attitude could ever be looked down on. When they lapsed into silence again, she respected it, watching as Byakko slowly rose, stretched, then padded off into the kitchen in search of water.

After a few minutes of quiet reflection, she shifted, tentatively, and looked over at him, finally. The words caught in her throat, and she took a second to recompose herself, before, "I... I'm not sure I ever thanked you for that. For... helping me, I mean."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:50 am
Yuri looked at her again with some amusement. "You make it sound like we'll never see each other again."

She was acting a little strange though.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:56 am
His words shocked her more than she could have ever expected, and she simply stared for a good while, the shock clear in her eyes.

A few seconds later, a smile pulled across her face, and she looked away, over to Lovey and Diana at the fireplace. "Better safe than sorry, you know?" she said quietly, barely a trace of humor in her voice.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:03 pm
Damn she was so obvious it was painful.

Yuri shifted a bit to face her, his arms no longer behind his head.

"So... Do you want to talk about it?"

He had a feeling there was more to that box than she was telling him.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:14 pm
Her smile disappeared once more, but she didn't mourn it, knowing it was false anyway. Instead, she lowered her gaze to her knees, feeling that anything she said might shatter everything all at once.

"...I'm still a selfish brat," she said quietly, her throat tight. "I know I should say something, but I don't even want to think about it right now." He had every right to know. He, out of everyone she knew and cared about on the island, should have been the first to know. But to tell him now... to ruin everything...

She was nearing vulnerability, it scared her, and suddenly, she found herself looking for anything else to distract them.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff