Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:30 pm
"Nice to meet you, Riley," Rory cast a glance over at Tambrey. She had been talking about him? "Good to know," he replied to her comment, making a note to meet up with the trainee later on his own as the meeting began.

Sitting quietly, he listened carefully as she stood up and began to present the idea she had been working on that would help the security for the new base. The idea of living underwater, especially with his team, wasn't an idea he was too fond of but it would prove to be an interesting experience.

When the idea of using robots was put forth, Rory spoke up. "As she said, it takes little to no time to create the species we would be working on engineering. To create the robots that would take their place would take up more time and not be as cost efficient as the clones would."

"A list of what pokemon are more commonly found in the area would be a great idea and it would make it easier to know what types and species would be suitable to create to ease suspicion."

Riley's comments about the potential effect of evolution and offspring got his mind kicking into high gear. "Theoretically the pokemon could be engineered to withstand the evolution changes, though most typically come out of the process with a defect that prevents evolution. If we were able to study and work with just a small group of those we create for the process, we could potentially figure out what genetic anomaly causes it and be able to allow the pokemon to easily adapt and not be over powered by other predators. However, we can also use that anomaly to our advantage. A forest full of Zubats, no one will ever notice if one Zubat doesn't evolve. It would continue to blend in with the rest of its species."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:32 pm
Tambrey nodded slightly- she'd only been in Sandalwood up until recruitment, in the university, but she had a memory of seeing bugs around quite a bit, often first stage... Second stage, too, if she really thought about it, but not quite as abundantly... Then again, she had always -mostly- been close to the city.
"Um. Actually, a couple of my pokémon- and, in fact, I've seen it in a few pokémon, not just my own- are incapable of evolving... Genetically, it's often a flaw but... I suspect it may be something we could reproduce, with enough data and experimentation... Um, if anyone has pokémon that they know to be incapable of evolution, or suspect it, despite usually being capable, um, I'd be very interested in genetic samples, with or without these experiments..." She grinned, sheepishly a little. "It would be nice, useful even, just to have a better data sample of such phenomenon..."
She then returned her attention to the topics being currently discussed.
"A list of native pokémon would be really useful... Especially so we could perform a checklist over the samples we currently have..." She looked toward Rory, remembering his talk of retrieving and cataloging such samples during the base move- that was something the pair of them had been very keen to keep up to date.
"Um... Could we program some way for our systems to recognize registration data... Er, foreign registration data and self destruct its coding inside that particular unit? Um. Again, programming beyond the cellular and biological isn't really my, um, knowledge-base, so forgive me if that sounds a little too sci-fi..."
She bit her lower lip a little as Riley pointed out the idea of the pokémon being more easily overpowered, but, without repeating points she'd already made, she wasn't sure of another solution, without suggesting something a little bit too drastic.
The partner system was an interesting idea, and the idea of retreat behaviour being trained, or programmed, in seemed like it could be a feature without being suspiciously unnatural.
She seemed a little startled out of some thought or another as Faleen stated her view on psychic networks, and nodded a little.
"Um. If anyone has worked extensively with psychic types, or knows a lot about them, genetically and otherwise, that would be really useful. Um, I think it would be best as a mixture, but the idea of a telepathic boost to a communications network of some kind... It seems like it could be pretty secure and pretty effective in something like this? I am not sure it would be possible at all without some sort of technological crossover though..." She wasn't an expert in psychics, at all, but Tambrey did have quite a bit of experience with the genetics of pokémon talents now... She couldn't quite visualise an entirely biological method of such a proposal, yet without knowing enough about technological integration, she wasn't sure just how possible such a network might be...  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:49 pm
Atticus nodded; nanotechnology was a nice word, but the hardware for the chip implant was already usable. They could process further once they already had a functioning security network in place.

"The drones are for security, not defense," he added at the end of Faleen's explanation. "From my understanding, the turrets in the desert were distributed across a perimeter from which they would detect breeches at any point and respond with lethal force. The drone system will be more refined, allowing us to dispatch pokemon or agents capable of nullifying intruders specifically when needed. This will also cut down false positives to virtually nothing."

He nodded once more in response to Tambrey's solution, "It's a possibility. I wouldn't know for sure until I had the framework for the software and knew the capabilities of the hardware, but I would not discount it as a viable solution."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:03 pm
Faleen fell quiet for a time, listening idly to the others speak though more importantly the impressions that Tambrey had on her knowledge of biology and the pleasantly surprising knowledge and insight the new Agent in the room had.

She scanned the table top, hand folding together onto of its surface as she seemed to be retreating into a very thoughtful state, already working on some kind of assembly in her mind. though there would be a moment or two every now and then when she would refocus with a light contemplative frown before retreating again in to her mind.

"You can rely of robotics for whatever hardware will be needed, but I'm finding already that its not a simple matter of it being built. How soon do we need to first wave up and functional?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:11 pm
"As soon as possible," Lucas piped in from where he sat. "For the time being we're working with some standard surveillance cameras and a handful of Zoroark, but that's obviously not a permanent setup."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:35 pm
"In that case, From where I'm calculating we'll need to work from Biology over. We'll need to figure out what behaviors we want from the pokemon, and how to access them, this will help the programers know what they need to do, as well as Robotics for the hardware."
She was used to working with the programers, and with the project she had worked on with the prisoner she had gotten some experience on working with the biology department.

"Though, once we have a complete list we'll need to go over what pokemon will be used, I would suggest focusing on pokemon who have good natural abilities as well as pokemon who don't have a large number of hunters."
Faleen glanced around to see if anyone else had anything to add to that.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:46 pm
Tambrey seemed pleased that something she'd said about programming... or tech.. had actually made enough sense to mean something to Atticus.
Ooh. Zoroark...
They were interesting... She really needed to look at the DNA for those one day too, just for curiosity's sake...
"Uh. Right. Um. Well. If we can decided on a list of pokémon and traits and... um, whatever else... Oh! We could use a little more access to cloning tech', actually, thinking about it, in order to do this... I mean, we don't quite currently have the facilities we used to have but, um, well, Agent Rory and I have made do before, as Grunts. Um, it's kind of how we became aware of the, uh, deficiency in just a few pokémon being capable of being reproduced... But, still... It would be nice to have a little more capability again."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:22 pm
Lightly bumping his fist against Jerome's, Zacharie fully settled into his seat. Wait...who the hell was this guy and why was he complimenting the colour of his hair? "...I know." The teen muttered with a slight shrug in response to Lex's compliment. While it didn't seem like it, he was actually rather flattered. Not many people commented on his appearance unless they were mentioning how scrawny he was or how short he was. Virus swiveled its head to peer up at the unknown human and gave a little, curious chirp when it caught him staring.

Zacharie, pulled his pokemon a little closer to his chest protectively as he turned his attention to the front of the room.
Time to start the meeting.

He really didn't know what they were talking about. Technology was not his forte and while he knew quite a bit about biology...he didn't think that what he knew would be particularly helpful. Not that he really wanted to help in the first place. Just the thought of manipulating and tampering with a pokemon's instincts and physiology made him feel sick...as well as a slight thrill of intrigue. But no! He loved pokemon and he didn't want to hurt them or alter the way they behaved...he liked them as they were. Pulling his knees up to his chest to shield Virus from view, the teen quietly sat and listened. Not really having anything of any significance to add.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:57 pm
Lex settled down where his Servine was, letting Glit curl in his lap, her tail wrapped possessively about his arm. He listened, waiting for a break in the talk.

“I think we also have to consider what areas we really need surveillance for. Entrances and exits of course, but many trainers will be in the woods searching for pokemon.” He curled his finger in his hair in thought. “So, if we have small range pokemon, ones that mostly hang about the areas that need constant surveillance, such as spinark if they are native, and save the Deering, Zubat, Pidgy, etc for a smaller group for wide range it might be beneficial. Trainers might start wondering why there are so many pokemon registered without a Trainer in sight depending on how many we clone and release.”

“Also, bug types and other less useful pokemon might draw less trainer interest. I would keep to more common species and ones less likely to provoke the awwww response.” He added dryly. Bugs usually drove people away from just being bugs.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:14 pm
"Fair point," Atticus said, considering Lex's contribution. "If the new headquarters building is indeed underground in its entirety, I too see no need to establish a strict security perimeter throughout the entire forest. Entrances and exits are key, as well as perhaps a close perimeter to prevent nearby excavation - though I doubt that would be a major concern. Perhaps we should focus on the least desirable native species available, such as Zubat, Bidoof, Geodude... I apologize, what I know of the popularity of different species comes mostly from what I've heard of the experiences of others." Again he adjusted his glasses. "I don't believe passersby will be able to recognize registered pokemon, however. They should simply seem strangely difficult - in truth, impossible - to capture."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:26 pm
"Bug types tend to have, um, a pretty simplistic biology, and sometimes a 'hive' mind we could, maybe, make some use of already... Or, uh, build off of, to some degree..." Tambrey mused, taking on Lex's suggestions to. The other points were, really, something that security were much better off answering, but she understood biology, at least.
"We have a pretty large catalog of DNA to clone from..." She tapped her flash disk thoughtfully. "Once we have a list of native species, we can probably pick out the best candidates in no time..."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:37 pm
"True, but impossible to catch pokemon might draw those that are looking for a challenge." He paused. "Combees perhaps? If you are looking for a 'hive mind' and they would have a set nest and a wider area to forage." They also at least produced honey, so they had a other use beyond surveillance.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:46 pm
"A failure to catch a pokemon is not an uncommon occurrence, especially if that pokemon flees before they are obtained, unless there is something characteristically unique about that pokemon, -which there will not be- there would be little reason to suspect it would draw any more attention than any other of its kind in the forest." Faleen explained, breaking from her thoughtful silence to look up at one of the other Trainees in the group.
"They would not be programmed to engage in battle. we would have another team for that, if it is so needed."

She had no idea how much different bugs would be from mammals when it came to the chip, but she imagined going from one species to another like they were from human to pokemon was one thing. but from mammal to insect, she could imagine it would take some adjusting.
"The chip will be able to act in a way of hive mind, in a sense at least, so relying on the natural ability wouldn't be so much a priority."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:59 pm
"The natural ability could also work to our advantage," Rory offered, "Bug types like Caterpie or Spinirak would be potentially easy to install as drones for the hive mind and in genetic composition to create as quickly as we would need them."  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:05 pm
"They also have a large number of predators." Faleen pointed out again, looking at Rory with a slight furrow of her brow "I imagine their natural hive mind is very beneficial to them in the wild, but if we can confirm the chip to manipulate more sturdy pokemon with less predators it will create a hive mind that is just as efficient- excuse me, even more so since we would have completely control over at base."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff