[FIN] Things That Are New Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:45 pm
"Sure!" Dith nodded. "I would like that, I could do with more people to battle with regularly." There were a few trainers he met up with fairly often but another was no bad thing, especially 'one of the gang' as it were. "Da, we should," he added, calling most of his team back to their pokeballs. Viktor stayed out, having not been in the battle, as did the eevee possibly known as Horizon; seen as this was one of her first battles Dith wanted to make sure she was okay.

"Hey there детеныш, are you okay?" he asked, kneeling down and holding his hand out to the fluffy blue creature. "You did really well, you know that? And you made a new friend!" Dith looked back up at Hen. "Do you want to get something to eat maybe, and - uh - Horizon and Fluffster can maybe play together a bit? I think she needs more playmates, all of my other pokemon are... well not so playful. Well. Teazer can be but she gets a bit carried away." He had intended for this little eevee to grow up with her brother but... well for obvious reasons that hadn't happened. It didn't change the fact that she needed friends though.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:57 pm
"Awesome! Man, it'll be so awesome to battle you again! We'll totally beat you next time!" And if they didn't, they'd try again until the did... and then battle more; Hen' just felt excited to have a new, strong, trainer to train against.
Especially when he'd already... sort of... taught her something new, that she definitely wanted to learn more about.
Lessons were boring, but lessons like this were awesome!

"Yeah! We should get them healed up and then go and eat! Fluffster would totally -love- to play! She needs more friends too! She's got Gummy and everyone, but they're all older than her and she's totally young- a pup! Plus she really seemed to like you, Horizon!" Henrietta... couldn't quite pronounce the Russian version of the name correctly- she thought it was cool though; sounding a little like 'Godzilla' almost- so she went with the same name it had been explained to her as meaning.

The blue eevee looked at Dith and wagged her tail at the praise, looking a little 'beaten up' and 'sandy' but happy to have gotten to battle. She looked between the two humans and offered a yip in reply.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:43 am
"Хорошо! Молодцы мой маленький крем затяжку." Dith stroked the blue eevee gently, dislodging a bit of the sand, and scooped her up carefully. "Practice makes perfect, right?" he smiled as he straightened up, turning back to Hen. "So; we can go and get our friends fixed up, go and eat and let them play, and maybe we can talk about some more 'theory' type things? I'll show you my team's moves, and tell you why I picked them maybe?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:01 am
Horizon seemed pleased and wiggled her tail as she was scooped up, wrinkling her nose as the sand was dislodged. Nasty sand, but she'd gotten to battle and she'd not been fainted! She was rather pleased.

"Yeah! That'd be awesome! I totally wanna know about all of them! And that sunny thing cuz that was super cool!" Henrietta nodded enthusiastically and then grinned.
"Man! Your pokémon were -so- cool! I mean, mine were too, obviously! But that was just so cool! I totally can't wait to beat you in a rematch!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:26 pm
Heading out of the room and towards the stairs that would lead them back up to the pokecentre and the cafeteria Dith nodded along to Hen's enthused chatter. "Da! Your Winglet could learn it! Maybe some others too, but I remember Zubat can because it seemed so strange to me. It can be a great combination, and as you saw a very good defence against water types. As well as weakening their power it gives you a very powerful grass move to use with uh... what's the word? Impunity?" That was a very 'Jack' word but it fitted in even if it was a bit more formal than what he'd been looking for. Dith shrugged, amending to; "to use as much as you like.

"I thought they all did very well, and especially the eevee" he agreed, tickling probably-Horizon's chest with his thumb as he started up he steps. "I think they learn a lot more from any battle than more experienced pokemon do, you know? And you also learn a lot more by losing than you do by winning, plus it gives you something to aim at right?" It was good to win, to know you were strong, but it was also good to get knocked down a peg or two fairly often. Last thing any of them needed was to get cocky.  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:37 am
"Oh really?! That's /awesome/! How do I teach her? That'd be so super cool! I dunno if I have anyone who can learn Solar Beam but that would be so super awesome too!"

Henrietta listened, and nodded enthusiastically.
"Yeah! When I first started battling, whenever I won, Gummy was just -so- -super- excited! He was totally hyper and he learned so much! And my little Fluffster is so young but she's -really- getting good now! It's awesome! I love teaching them, and I get to learn a lot too... Like now. I didn't know about the Sunny attack!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:27 pm
"Uh, you need a tm," Dith nodded, frowning as he tried to remember which number it was. "Once you use that the pokemon will know the basics of the move but they need some practice to get it perfected."

As they approached the pokemon centre desk Dith called Horizon back to her pokeball and handed over the team to the receptionist.

"There's always more stuff to learn," he continued to Hen. "Mostly what I seem to be learning is new types of pokemon, I'm meeting kinds I never saw before!" Like that little pink thing of Dove's, which research revealed to actually be a legendary. He really needed to ask her about that sometime.  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:16 am
"Oh, that's totally cool! I never used a TM before, but I saw my dad use one once! It was really awesome."

The girl followed suit, letting the centre take her pokéballs to heal up her team before grinning at Dith.

"Oh, man, really?! Cuz you're loads older than I am and I totally love meeting new pokémon so if you're still meeting new ones that means I'll get to meet loads new for a long time!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:41 am
With a word of thanks to the receptionist as she handed back his pokeballs Dith turned to head towards the cafeteria, Viktor trotting calmly at his heels as always.

"Hehe," Dith shrugged, letting Horizon back out and scooping her up again in one neat movement. "To be honest I didn't see all that many different kinds until I moved here, especially not rare kinds or those from the far flung regions like Kalos and Unova. I think we'll both keep meeting new kinds for a good while; I like finding out new things!"

Humm, what was he going to have to eat? The cafe usually had baked potatoes, pizza, that kind of thing and either of those sounded alright but not quite what he fancied. Of course he didn't know what he did fancy, which was unhelpful, but perhaps a look at the menu would clear that up.  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:46 pm
"Yeah! Thanks!" Henrietta parroted Dith as her pokémon were returned too, than immediately let Gummy and Fluffster out of their balls.

"I hope so! I wanna meet -every- kind of pokémon and totally visit -every- region! I just gotta go to the Orange Islands this year! My Grandmother's totally gonna visit there this year too and I could get to see her -and- visit the islands! That would be -awesome-! I totally wanna go to Unova and Kalos one day too!"

Fluffster yipped at Horizon, who, in turn, yipped back, from her rather comfortable under Dith's arm.
Both Eevee's wagged their tails.
Gummy walked along with his usual excitement.

Henrietta bounced as they approached the café.
"Oh man! I'm gonna get an orange soda, and a burger and maybe some pizza!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:10 am
"Hungry hu?" Dith grinned at Hen. "Battling is hard work! Humm.... Yes, I think I will have a burger... fries... uh... a potato with chilli? Yes, and some salad. Oooh, they have cake!" Setting Horizon gently down next to Fluffster Dith joined the queue, grateful that is wasn' very long.

"I travelled a lot before I came to Kodo," Dith continued to Hen, flipping back to the conversation they had been having before food became the focus. "I went to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. That was... woah, it was three years ago now? Heh, I only meant to spend a couple of weeks here in Kodo - maybe a month - but with one thing and another I ended up settling. I'd like to see the other league regions though, and the Orange Islands; I hear they're really beautiful." He wasn't sure when he would next have the chance to go on a decently long holiday though; when he had time off he tended to spend it training now.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:54 am
"Ooh! Cake! Yeah! I'll get cake too! I wonder what cake and pizza tastes like together... I bet it tastes /awesome/!" Henrietta grinned; she was, indeed, hungry.
"I've seen some of Johto and Kanto, cuz I'm from Goldenrod, so we got the train sometimes, but I always wanted to see the other places! This was one of the furthest regions I could come to when my parents finally said I was able to go on a pokémon journey, but I kinda forgot there weren't gyms here..." Henrietta admitted with a sheepish grin; still, she was happy enough to have come, it seemed.

Horizon and Fluffster, now on the ground together, immediately seemed to settle into a friendly wrestling match, tails wagging, and little happy growls coming from them.
Apparently they'd befriended each other quite quickly; but then, it wasn't as if Fluffster got to play with Eevees her own age all that often, and Horizon seemed not /too/ much older, or at least, of the same kind of experience and level; she was also -willing- to play, which was a sure way to earn Fluffster's friendship.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:02 am
Acquiring food became the priority, but luckily set out cafeteria style as it was there wasn't much waiting involved. As Dith waited a few moments for his coffee he idly wondered how many people this place fed every day; Jack would probably tell him how to calculate it, but it would no doubt involve multiple visits and a clicker to count people. Oh well, he would settle for 'quite a lot'.

Dith paid for his food and located a free table for them, sitting down on the plastic chair with some caution; he never did trust this kind of chair not to collapse underneath him.

"I'd like to actually challenge come gyms one day," Dith mused to Hen when she joined him, "I think it would be good to see- aww, look at them!" Dith had just noticed the pair of eevee playing with one another. "They've definitely got off on the right foot, or paw!" Haha, he was so funny- not, that had been terrible and hardly even worthy of being called a pun. Oh well!  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:05 am
"You could totally do it when we do it! Me and Jace are gonna take on some gyms one day, I just dunno when or where yet, but when we go, you should totally come and take them on too!" Henrietta enthused, as she joined Dith at the table, her tray laden with cheap, but unhealthy, food items, that she, no doubt, considered absolutely delicious.

She turned her eyes to the Eevees and grinned.
"Aw! Awesome! Fluffster's needed more playmates! She's kinda small and young for most of mine to wanna play with, though Bistra does try!"

Fluffster and Horizon paused, both of them looking up toward the humans, as they seemed to realise they were being talked about, and began to listen.

<> Horizon turned first, apparently to address the other Eevee.

<> Fluffster explained, before the pair cut short their conversation and returned to playing once more.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:06 pm
"Hu, that sounds like fun," Dith nodded, taking a slurp of his coffee. "I don't know how long I could get off work... but we'll see, eh? Mmh," he nodded to the pair of eevee as he chewed through a few fries, "it's good to see. Horizon - I think that is a good name for her you know, you were right - Horizon doesn't get out enough or to play enough." He half wondered if she might not be better off with somebody else; he hadn't the time to play with her himself and none of his pokemon had the inclination.

<> Viktor put in, smiling a bit as he watched them tumble. <>  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces