Welcome to Gaia! ::

ToS Friendly Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

ToS friendly Yaoi Rp'ing and other forums. 

Tags: roleplaying, friendly, writing, entertainment, yaoi 

Reply Role Playing 1x1
[$] Johnlocked Into The Darkness (Filled by Knux33) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:30 pm
knux33

Jim blinked quickly at the light shining in his eyes, it made his head hurt worse, but he let bones do what he needed to do as he fought back how ill he was feeling. When the lights lowered though Jim felt a small amount of pressure relieve but not enough to really make that much of a difference as Bones went rambling on. Jim wasn't really keeping much track, his head was killing him at the moment and he would have really liked if he could just lay down a bit. Bones drew the blood then Jim just kind of shifted around on the biobed and laid down with his arm over his eyes. "Worse, I am getting worse, How many freaking times do I have to nearly die?" Jim chuckled darkly but he was panicking a little bit.

He had not admitted it but the incident had really scared him, it would be in his mind forever, and to think he might be stuck like that again? Jim wasn’t sure he could actually handle that. Jim shook his head though as Bones and Spock talked about taking more blood from Khan because Jim just wasn't sure that was going to be a possibility in the near future. "We can't devote all our time to that. If he won't then he won't and we can't FORCE him. What ever small amount of truce we have cannot be given up because you think it's the only way to save me. We will be at New Vulcan soon and I will speak with someone there to see if they know what we can do about this. For now just… hold off on the vamprism yeah? I would rather not have to owe my life to Khan anymore than I already do." Jim sighed heavily.

"I will stay here but you have to come up with the excuse Bones. And can I get something for my head?" Jim willingly submitting to a Hypo meant that he was in a great deal of pain.

John cleaned himself up for a little while but he wasn't about to linger like he did with water showers. It just wasn't the same, not at all, there was no gentle pressure from water falling on your skin or the sound almost like a waterfall. John was surprised he could miss something so simple as a water shower but he did as he cleaned himself off. John got out of the shower and was a little disconcerted by the silence, just because usually silence meant that Khan had run off somewhere in the past, but thankfully when John stepped out in a robe he saw that Khan was still there but looking marginally more bored than he had been before.

"Do you remember the claw foot tubs in Korea? They shouldn’t have been there but they were." John said as conversation as he found clothes to wear and pulled them on. "You had a field day with figuring out where they had come from because they were in a very odd place while the rest of us had just laughed and taken long baths." John started looking through a few drawers to see what he could find even though Khan had already gone through them. "If we ever get the chance we should find a giant claw foot tub and take a bath. I like this ship but I miss the real water showers that we used to have." John found a pad and decided that it would have to go in the place of paper. "I think I'll ask if they can bring a violin…" John fiddled around with the pad for a moment then seemed triumphant as he started moving his hand over the pad in random movements. He sat down on the couch with the pad in his lap and kept the screen out of Sherlocks view.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:54 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

"Can't force him--" Bones began, just looking exasperatedly at Jim as the other went on before crossing his arms and shaking his head. "Fine. Just, fine," Bones said throwing his hands up into the air, before grabbing a hypo and properly calibrating it for someone of Jim's size and body mass before sticking the Captain with it; angry because hell, watching a friend dying in front of your eyes wasn't exactly an easy thing to go through, and everyone reacted to such things in different ways. Apparently Bones got bloody pissed-off, especially when a possible cure or at least medicine to quiet the problem was right on-hand but the damn stubborn man wasn't letting him set the Vulcan on Khan like he wanted to.

But he willingly injected Kirk with something to help with his head before walking out of the room and muttering to himself; going to go inform the med crew the Captain would be staying the night to help tinker with a few of the biobeds.

But Spock stayed, walking over to Kirk's side and carefully putting a hand on the blond's shoulder, staring down at him with that hard-to-read face. "... Logically," Spock said softly, "if after this incident you continue defying regulations and putting yourself in high-risk situations such as stealing holy writ from primitive world cultures, speeding in free-fall into tiny openings, and asserting trying to out-fence Sulu is a good idea ... you are going to nearly-die roughly 12.58 times a month." Vulcans were not very good with humor. Or cheering other people up. But Spock asserting Kirk was going to live past this to have his 12.583420573005 (rounded off because most humans didn't seem to appreciate precise numbers, though Spock had no idea why not) times a month of his usual thrills and near-spills ... well, it was a try.

"Near-death, of course, being a very loose and abstract term when considering the fact that space-travel opens up quite a many colorful possible ways to expire with no warning whatsoever if any instrument or engine has the slightest flaw. Also human bodies are quite flimsy and not well-built for survival. Really the odds when calculated to enter in all conditions make near-death instances occur at the minimum 7,396 times a minute." Aaaand then he had to go and say something like that. But of course Spock really couldn't leave all the facts out.

"Whatever the appeal is for you to sit stationary for water that long is beyond me," Khan sighed, staring unhappily at the cieling while just sitting and listening to John reminisce. Though Sherlock's gaze turned towards John at the mention of getting a violin, continuing to watch the other as the doctor sat on the couch doing something that apparently amused him. Now usually 'normal people amusements' didn't catch Sherlock's interest, but he was bored and desperate and damn the Scottsman for not supplying his room with cigarettes or something reasonable for a man of his caliber to amuse himself with.

He walked over to the couch and sat next to John, thinking this would give him an easy view of whatever the other was doing, only for John to shift so that he couldn't. "..." The taller male leaned as far as he could to try to get a glimpse but of course John wasn't having any of that. "..." After putting so much work into trying to get the answer of 'what John was playing at' without asking of course Sherlock wasn't just going to open his mouth and just ask the doctor to tell him what was what. Nope, no no no. It was the 'H Initial' war all over again, because when someone tried to hide something from Sherlock Holmes he damn was going to uncover what it was. Even if he had to shout out roughly 34 random H names at random before getting access to John's birth certificate to see what the other's middle name was.

So now he was getting up off of the couch, walking slowly around it, walking away, trying to pretend what John was doing was of zero interest whatsoever for roughly fifteen minutes before trying to walk back unnoticed and get a glimpse of what the blond was up to.  

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:32 pm
knux33

John wanted to pat himself on the back as Sherlock seemed to forget his boredom in place of trying to figure out what was going on with him. John had learned some tricks over the years and this was one he realized kept the other from doing something destructive. Though as John messed with what he was doing on the pad he did get a little distracted and almost let Sherlock see. He was able to shift just in time though, making it so the other male only got a good look at Johns back, before Sherlock was back to pacing like a cat. John couldn’t help but chuckle at the thought then looked up at the other as he moved his hand over the pad, still doing something, then diverted his attention again.

This went on for a long, long, and just when he was sure the other was going to completely lose it from not knowing John turned the pad around and showed him what he had been doing for all that time. One thing John had picked up over the years that Khan/Sherlock never had was a talent for drawing. He had so much free time when in cells and often the capability to do what he wanted so he had gotten rather good at what he did. All be it he wasn't perfect but the imperfections were easy to hide for him. He had always sort of knew HOW, when you take all those anatomy classes you sort of need the ability, but he had never really showed the other.

There had been times when he could have, when he should have, but over all that time they had never been able to sit back long enough together for John to be able to sit down and show Khan what he could do. Battle plans were one thing, lines on paper that showed a small amount of possibility, but to draw a person? John had learned through many frustrating days and nights that drawing a person was hard. He had gotten good though, very good, at drawing one person in particular. Of course he had picked an image from his mind that Khan had been mostly unpresent for, he had been asleep, but John thought it fit the other nicely.

It was about a day ago when Khan had finally needed rest and they had fallen asleep in a mess of SEVERAL sheets and pillows that had been brought to them on request. John had been awake and when he looked over there was Khan sleeping and looking… not deadly. He looked almost soft even with the dark lighting of the drawing and John chuckled a bit as he showed him. "I know how to do something you didn't know about. Is it surprising?"

Jim winced as Bones all but stabbed him in the neck. He knew that bones wouldn’t like the answer he had to give him but it was the only one that Jim had at the moment. They couldn’t just ask Khan because the other man would see through the lies, he would know, and to know meant that… it just meant bad things. Jim didn't want to die, it wasn't his idea of a good time, but it seemed like everyone was of the opinion that he was striving to send himself to and early grave. Jim felt the pain subside to a tolerable level and then heard Spock talking about all the times he could possibly die and how sure the other was that he wasn't going to die. Jim wanted to laugh because Spock was reassuring him and it was horribly done but it was exactly what he needed.

"12.58 huh? So at some point I will have a near 'near-death' experience?" Jim sighed at that thought because that just didn't sound like any fun. "Yeah I'll have to remind Bones about the statistics on this one, maybe he will calm down, I am not on my death bed yet." Jim fidgeted his hand tapping against his sternum in anxious energy he really didn't have but he was expending anyway. "How come you are not acting like Bones? I don't mean the worried Spock I mean why are you so damn sure I will live through this? Bones and the other doctors all seemed to think I was writing my own obituary at this point and yet your telling me about all the trouble I will get into." Jim moved his arm and stared up at Spock.

"Why are you the one that has so much faith that I will pull through when at this point I am not even sure?" Jim was honestly curious as to why Spock was…just being the way he was. He wanted the other to give him an answer, any answer, because at this point Jim was grasping at the straws of diplomacy and his life. Sometimes he wished people understood exactly how much he thought before he acted.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:01 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

Sherlock was about five moments away from beginning to take drastic measures to see what was so absorbing for John to clearly be focused and doing something even while hiding the screen of the pad from his sight, when Watson finally revealed what he'd been fiddling with. Well, looking at the piece it had been less of a 'fiddling' thing and more of a item that had been clearly worked on to become what it was. Khan blinked at the image, not really used to stopping and really looking at himself, let alone seeing himself like ... that. He was silent a few long moments, quite a lot of thoughts going through his head as he moved to sit next to John and continue looking at the little bit of artwork the other had made him. Art didn't often factor in their lifestyles anymore ... they had little time for idle pleasures ... and his own hands had been destroying for so long he almost didn't know whether he'd be able to really make music even while in idle thought anymore. But seeing the way John saw him through this painted lens of sorts was uncomfortable but reassuring at the same time. Uncomfortable because softness was weakness ... but also reassuring because softness was human. Humans could create. Weapons on the other hand--

"It is. Surprising," Khan finally replied. "How long have you been partaking in the practice of ..." he couldn't help but chuckle a little, "fingerpainting?" Seeing as John had drawn the whole composition with his fingers on the pad. His eyes stayed on the picture, taking it in and possibly filing it away somewhere inside his head. "Did you have to draw me when I'm sleeping?" Sherlock 'complained', though it was hardly a real objection. Though when he slept he tended to sometimes sprawl out a bit in all sorts of directions; sometimes clutching a blanket close with one hand while the other was flung-out wide. Which was one of the many reasons why sleeping in a mass of pillows and sheets was far more comfortable than anything as small as a single-person bed.

Spock tilted his head slightly at the question, a small upwards tilt barely visible at the sides of his lips. "Kirk, you are the most foolish, illogical, frustrating man I have ever met," the Vulcan stated. "You go against odds so astronomically low it's a mathematical near-impossibility all of us on this ship are still alive. But ... here we are, despite all that." The Vulcan looked down at Kirk, gaze locked with the others and certain in his words. "You, James Tiberius Kirk, defy most if not all forms of Logic. If any man could service what you're going through, it's you."

((Blah short, my apologies. But intament mooooments <3 ))  

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:07 am
knux33

John really enjoyed Sherlock's reaction of bewilderment, the man seemed completely taken by what John could do, to be honest John was just glad it was something that was a surprise for one. Sherlock seemed to know everything about him with just a glance and now he was finally able to surprise him though at the finger painting comment John just rolled his eyes and turned the picture back around. "I learned a long time ago back when Ipads were first coming out. They had little programs for things like this and when I would get bored while you were running about without me, or Mary was doing something, I would sit down and I would draw." John chuckled a little at all the things he had drawn and remembering his very first attempts that had been.. horrible.

"I learned later I could do the same with a pen and paper, better actually, and that this was a great way to relieve stress. I pick things that relax me and I draw them because I have to keep them in my head while I draw them and it pushes everything else out." John looked up at Khan. "I picked you sleeping because I like to see you sleep, reminds me were both still human, plus you have a habit of stretching out until you get ahold of something. I tried to get up once and I thought you would snap me in half you were trying so hard not to get me to move." John laughed at the memory then set the pad down and stared at the far wall. Now that he was done playing the roundabout game with Sherlock he was actually rather bored himself.

Jim stared up at Spock in complete awe because he had not figured he would get a straight answer. He had figured he would get something about Logic and number, that Spock would tell him he had low odds but at the same time they were still odd, and it went beyond that. Jim just didn't know what to say as he stared open mouthed at the Vulcan next to him. Finally, after what seemed like forever, Jim smiled and gently gripped Spocks upper arm. He was careful to avoid skin, he knew better, and while he knew the action was much more friendly than usual Jim figured he was sick and he deserved a bit of extra friendly. "You should give pep talks to me more often Spock. I certainly wont let this beat me now. I am damn glad you understand this." Jim sighed then let his hand fall to his side. He was exhausted and just needed to sleep now.

((I wanted to reply last night... or well tuesday but I went to a kick back and got freaking SMASHED for the first time ever. Found out I don't get hangovers. ))  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:48 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

((Wow, lucky you (about the no hangover)! xD Hope you had fuuuUUUuuuun~ Without your friends taking photographic evidence of your smashed-state, that is))

Khan listened quietly, looking amused and interested as John went on about he he'd come to practice up on this surprise skill. "I can't much help it if you present yourself as the closest thing on-hand for me to grab, now can I?" he chuckled back, though it seemed too soon when they were both quiet and John was staring at the wall; there really wasn't that much to do besides sitting down and talking, and between all the pillow-talk and getting John caught-up on most technological advances Khan couldn't think of much else to talk about. Besides the things he stubbornly still didn't want to talk about, of course.

"One room really does get quite dull after a while, doesn't it," Khan sighed, leaning back on the couch. He and John really were a pair accustomed more to action, and this ... inaction without torture or something happening of some sort really was not something they were accustomed to. And the uncertain state of affairs didn't help much either. Khan stood, grabbing the pad and walking over to the exposed wiring that was still out, and began fiddling around with things and such until he fiddled with the pad's screen to switch to something new. He looked at the screen a few moments, fiddling, before rolling his eyes unhappily. Should've figured; not much to see while in warp besides stars zooming by.

"Hey John, what do you feel about people watching?" Khan asked, proceeding to try to hack into cameras around the ship farther off from their area. "With a bit of patience I figure I can even show you the Bridge," he mused aloud.

"I am only relaying the facts as they stand," Spock replied simply, but had a tell-tale half-smile on his face. Jim's move was forward, but the Vulcan had begun to grow used to Kirk's 'rash human actions'. As the Captain's exhaustion seemed to hit him properly, Spock turned to go and let the other rest and hope this--at least--would teach Kirk to not overwork himself when ill. The Captain was in good hands, and while in the biobed if Kirk's vitals took any dangerous drops Bones would get paged imminently on his new comm. So the Vulcan got back to work himself, heading to the Bridge to check in there.

It was almost odd not seeing Chekov not in his usual post seated next to Sulu, and one of the other crew members in the navigator's chair, but Spock did not comment and simply walked over to Sulu's side. "Status report, Mr Sulu." It would be a relief when they finally got to the arid planet of New Vulcan, and hopefully arrive to answers that would help aide them.  

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:17 pm
knux33

John couldn’t help but agree with Sherlock that their little room was certainly very boring after they had been in it for so long. He wasn't going to go mad from being bored but John certainly did miss the days that he could relax with the telly on and a cup of tea… or read the paper. It would be nice if he could read something, maybe a book, but that would leave Khan to his own devices and John just wasn't too sure that was a safe option at the moment. John watched Khan carefully as he talked about people watching then he joined him over by the panel so that he could see what he was doing. John could do the basics of ripping out a few wires and closing doors, locking things down, he had figured that much out with the basics of their ship. He could never quite do the tinkering that Khan could though, not to that extreme, John sat next to Khan and watched him work on getting into the computer systems.

A few minutes late John was staring at people walking down halls and then into a room and he was actually quite fascinated. "Go to the bridge, I want to see what they are doing." John would never admit that he wanted to see how they were running the ship just in case the need arose. John liked to be prepared, he really did, and if that meant violating a treaty with the captain a bit… well maybe it would come in handy and John could save the crews life one day if given the chance. John stared at the men on the bridge and pointed out Spock "That must be the tight a** who was so pissy with you." John looked at the rest of the crew and was disappointed to see Chekov was not on the bridge which meant the kid was probably in his room recovering.

"See what you did? The kids not at his station, he's probably in med bay or something, we need to work on your manners again." John nudged Khan a bit, not to serious about the whole situation now that it was over, and then he started looking over the crew to see exactly what was going on. "They run a tight ship, nothing like on ours, then again we all acted more like family than anything else… I wish we could wake the others up." John sighed.

Jim watched Spock go through the haze of exhaustion then stared up at the ceiling. This reminded him of a long time ago when he was a kid… he had woken up on a bio-bed before feeling like this, as if he was going to just fall away from the entirety of the universe. He had been young, maybe twelve, but at that time he couldn’t remember his age because he felt like he had lived years in the span of only a few months. He had grown up fast and the others with him had needed that, had needed his protection, because they had been trapped and they needed someone to keep them safe and sane.

'Slowly he woke up, blinding lights in his eyes, he couldn’t remember the last time he had seen lights this bright. No…he could but he had escaped that place three nights ago with HIS children. They had run, and run, and run for hours then they were finally safe. Panic rose in his heart, hammering like a drum against his ribcage, it hurt but he could hear beeping around him. They knew he was panicking, he couldn’t stay there, panic excited those bastards and made everything more fun for them. Jim surged up, his head spinning, he didn't even notice where he was or the people rushing toward him until suddenly hands were on him and he was lashing out. Someone was holding him down but he needed to get out, had to find the others, they had to escape again. A gentle voice was telling him to calm down but they had done that over and over again. Jim thrashed and growled like the animal he had learned to become before he felt the sting in his neck and the world started going terrifyingly black.'

Jim jerked awake, he didn't realize he had fallen asleep, his heart was pounding sporadically in his chest and suddenly he felt like that terrified little boy again. He had to take a moment just to breath, just take a few deep breaths and calm himself, before he finally laid back and pressed his palms to his eyes. The bio bed was making a bit of a racket but it calmed down after a moment and Jim just sighed, this was why he hated staying in med bay. Sometimes he wished he could just show everyone why he was…the way he was. Then Jim would remember the look on the doctors faces when they saw the scars, heard the stories, saw the fear in his eyes and suddenly he just wanted no one to know ever because he couldn’t take that much pity. He couldn’t take people treating him like glass when he had over come what had happened, when he had learned to deal, he wanted to know he was strong not broken but once people knew they acted…different. Bones was the only one who didn't, he was the only one who had understood, he had told Jim he was a fool for holding it in and they went right back to the normality of their life beside the addition of Jim sleeping in Bones bed most of the time.

Jim didn't want to admit it but what he went through when he was a kid… it was sort of the reason he felt for John. He could imagine going through that kind of thing once as scarring but the time and time again that they both went through? The brutality of it all? Hell John was a superhuman adult and it had scared him Jim could only imagine what had been done. Jim really wanted to drink, like he had when he got in that bar fight, and he knew just the person to run too. Scotty always had something hidden around the ship, lots of something's, maybe he would be willing to share. Jim slid off the bio-bed before he could really be noticed and took off out of med bay.

He didn't care so much about the scolding he would get, the lecture about keeping himself well, because at this point Jim felt like he was dying slowly for the umpteenth time in his life and it was driving him mad. The nightmares were driving him mad, the constant ache in his bones, the feeling of just falling apart was going to make him lose himself… just like drinking would. Jim stopped in the hall, leaning against the wall, crossed his arms over his chest and stared at the ground for a moment. No, no, he couldn’t just lose himself like that, he was the captain, if he was going to do something destructive to himself to get his mind off everything then he would… he would work on the ship. No pity drinking, no chance to sleeping around while he was sick like this, just go back to what he was doing before. Jim headed for engineering instead of Scotty's new quarters and started working where he knew he shouldn’t but he just had to not.. think about what was happening to him.

Sulu looked up to Spock then back to his station. "Were running at the best we can commander. Systems are getting back to a hundred percent but we still need time. Were about three days out from new Vulcan at this speed but Scotty said he might be able to get her moving a bit faster in a few hours." Sulu moved his hands over the controls as he tried to get them through space just a little bit faster. A while later the Com beeped with a message for Spock. "Sir the captain is in engineering again." Just a simple message from one of the ensigns.

((That... ended up longer than I thought it would be.))  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:36 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

Khan shuffled over a little so John could easily see what he was doing once the other came to sit by him, flipping through the security feeds until John agreed to wanting a look at the Bridge. It only took Khan a moment to get a good camera feed up that showed the whole deck of the bridge, and he smiled at John's comment about Spock. "Indeed it is. Very smooth deduction, doctor Watson," Sherlock chuckled, though the activity on the bridge was quite fascinating to watch. Khan knew enough about this model of starship to know most of the controls, and had even 'improved' functioning and lowered the need for such a large crew in his own Dreadnought-class model that had been made more for warmongering purposes instead of space exploration, as the Enterprise was.

"The 'kids' bruising would hardly require more than a few moments in the med bay. He'll likely be back to his post tomorrow. Besides; you and I both know Russians can take a beating and keep on ticking almost as admirably as they drink," Khan nudged back, though it was curious to see John had gotten to know the young man enough to readily tell him apart from other yellow shirts on board ... not that there were many who got to wear that particular color of uniform.

"Of course they run a tight ship; Starfleet is a mix of the brightest intellectual minds and the strictest military procedures. Most aboard the Enterprise came knowing they would not only get to hopefully explore and discover parts of space no other of their speices' can dream of, but also knowing every new star may have hostiles not particularly keen on sharing goodwill and scientific advancements." Khan didn't look half as ... longing as John to have the other super human crew unfrozen, but then again he'd been thinking of them as nothing more than a convenient pile of straw to hide the one needle that was truly important to him within for a long while. And before that they'd been tools that were both useful and not too easily broken, even if one of then triggered the overprotectivness in him.

"You and I both know that would be highly doubtful," Khan stated, staring at the screen as Spock seemed to leave the bridge after a short talk with the helmsman, Sulu. "... Are you lonely?" Khan found himself asking John, gaze turning towards the blond. Khan knew ... he was not the best company. It had been easier back in Bakerstreet; they both had other distractions; other people, while still orbiting close to one another often enough to make apparently everyone accuse John of being gay at least twice. Other games to chase after without John having to worry about him ruining life on earth as most people knew it ... Granted, Mycroft had been the one keeping him from unraveling too much of the fabric of society as the 'watcher' back then, and likely stopped more mayhem on his part than John ever had an inkling about, even before all the ... alterations.

"Lonely enough to endanger a kid, at least," Sherlock answered his own question; of course John was lonely. He'd brought the navigator into a room the blond had known was not entirely safe to be in but had done it anyway. Something John was not in a habit of doing; at least not when he had stuff to do besides sit still and be bored and maybe remember things he didn't want to think about.

"Depending upon the final decisions made on our situation, waking the others up may be a feesable option," Khan mused. If things went very bad, they would need the assistance anyway. And if things went really, really, well (the less likely scenario) then getting the full crew back would not be impossible.

Spock nodded at the information given to him, glad to hear they were on schedule and could even possibly arrive sooner than first anticipated. At the message that Kirk was, once again, not where he should be the vulcan only gave Sulu a usual nod at the passing of the information, and turned to leave the bridge. There was no pressing reason to stay when traveling at low warp through quiet stretches of space. So, instead, he walked at his usual pace and pulled out his comm to call Bones and let the other know where Jim was. And to tell the doctor to refrain from going after Kirk with sedatives or who-knew what else because Spock could tell from the doctor's above-usual-emotional-instability that McCoy had been pondering the option.

"The Captain would just run off again as soon as he woke up. Logically speaking, Kirk has at least managed to get a bit of sleep before leaving the med bay. As with all human beings he cannot continue to function indefinitely without proper rest and nutrition, particularly in his current state. It is more logical to let the Captain wear himself out on his own terms instead of continually attempting to make him sit still. If my calculations are correct, I should be able to easily find and extract him once he get himself on the verge of passing out," Spock said easily, having done the math in his head. Using all his knowledge of Kirk and adding in the data on how this was barely anything more than a second-wind after the tiny bit of rest the captain had gotten in the med bay it would be a simple matter for Spock to go get himself something to eat, return to the bridge, then later head to engineering to go 'fetch' Kirk under one excuse or another and lead the likely re-exhausted Captain back to the med bay or at least his quarters before Kirk fell flat on his face.

Bones didn't know whether to be relived of frightened at Spock's cold calculations but just shrugged it off. Hell, running tag-team with a Vulcan trying to keep Jim functioning wasn't just draining on Kirk. And hell at least Vulcan's could supposedly go two weeks without rest easily. "Fine, fine. You know where to drag his a** if it turns out you're calculations are off and he sezures his way under a hack saw."

"... Doctor McCoy, I highly doubt there are any 'hack saws' aboard the Enterprise. Laser cutters pose a much more serious threat to--"

Bones hung up and just rolled his eyes before heading to the med bay break room before he got the urge to punch the ice-blooded half vulcan in the face any more than he usually did.

((How timely Spock is is up to youuu~))  

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:27 pm
knux33

John was a bit surprised by the question and really wanted to dodge around it but of course Khan was Khan and he gave the answer to himself. John didn't like to see that hesitation in the others eyes, that look of almost hurt, but then again neither of them had ever been able to survive just off of each other in a long while. John had always had his life and Sherlock had always had his, no matter the situation, and while now they finally let that final barrier down it didn't meant that anything was going to… change in that aspect. John felt exasperated in it's mildest form, maybe more irritated, but not with Khan. He really wished this situation was one he didn't have to think about.

"I am, you know I am, I am not like you Khan. I need a bit more human interaction and our crew… they are the ones that knew us the best…." John shifted, crossing his legs, his hands splayed flat on the ground as he stared at the screen. "I know how you think of the others now but when they are awake you'll remember exactly why you thought of them as family for a while. They really are our family Khan, they are the only ones who understand EXACTLY what we went through, and quite a few of them are just as mad as you." John chuckled at the memories of the people they knew. They lost a lot already when the ship was falling apart, died when the life support went out, there were a few specifically that John was looking to release though. Good friends who helped him when Khan was being difficult and were just… they were family.

Jim was under another bulkhead cleaning a mess when he felt a tap on his shoe. He was expecting to see an irate bones, maybe Spock, but he wasn't expecting Uhura to be there staring at him in confusion. "Spock is currently on the bridge in the captains chair while you are down here in engineering after being in med bay… What's wrong with you?" Uhura stared down at Jim as he just sort of stopped everything he was doing and stared up at her. "What do you mean what's wrong with me? It's not my shift so Spock is up there right now-" Uhura huffed.

"I call bull on that captain. You haven't been on the bridge in days, even though you have been here, and then when you are on the bridge you look like you are trying not to shake apart. Everyone's noticing the absence so whatever you are trying to hide it's not working." Uhura watched as Jim pushed himself free of his spot and sat up. "I am still healing up, I just don't want anyone to know, I am trying to get back on the bridge but I am also trying to avoid your green blooded boyfriend at the same time. He keeps dragging me back to med bay or my quarters so I can rest up." Uhura sighed heavily and shook her head.

"Because you should be resting, and he's not my boyfriend anymore, look Jim why are you here if you are still getting better?" Jim tried not to look guilty at the getting better part but he just couldn’t help it. He felt horrible for lying to his crew, not telling them what was wrong with him, Uhura saw it and she uncrossed her arms. "You…You are getting better right Jim?" Jim cleared his throat a bit and nodded, smiling as wide as he could. "Yeah! It's just taking time and I came back because I need my crew Uhura! My family." Jim tried not to choke on that word and turned back to the bulkhead to slide under quickly.

"Jim do you-" Jim knew where that question was going and he slide under the bulkhead. "No, no Uhura I don't. I made my peace with it all." A blatant lie and Jim went silent as he waited for Uhura to leave, working to the best of his ability, and then when she was gone he let his hands fall to his sides before he rubbed them over his face and continued working.

It didn't take very long before the exhaustion was back and clawing at his mind but instead of heading back to his quarters Jim kept working. He fought back against the press of waking nightmares, did what he could, before he decided he just wanted to look at the stars. Jim want to the abservation deck and sat on the window seat, legs curled up as he stared out at the stars, everything moved around them and Jim didn't feel even a twitch of it. He chuckled a bit as something came to his mind, a quote from something his mother read him a long time ago. He heard the door to the observation room open but he didn't move from his curled up spot with his back against one edge of the window.

"Look at that, look at the universe still moving, I feel like I have fallen off." Jim pulled at his boots and just stared out the window watching the stars move. "My mother and brother died in the Narada attack… did you know that? They were on the ships… well no my brother was on Vulcan with my nieces and nephew. My mother was on the Kelvin… I didn't know any of that though, not a single bit, because the last thing I said to the only family I had in this universe was that I hated them." Jim just stared at the stars because he knew exactly who was with him in the room. Spock had a specific gate that Jim knew very well.

"They apologized a million and one times, made it up to me in any way they could, and every time I turned them away. I forgave them a few years ago but I was worried they would hate ME for all my anger… I never did tell them it was alright, none of it was their fault, I kept tabs on them but they never knew how much I regretted all that anger." Jim looked down at his hands. "All of that because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Because my mom wanted me to have a better life with my aunt on Tarsus… no one could have known what would happen."

(( biggrin ))  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:41 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

Of course John would respond like that; chuckling and stating things that reminded Khan that even if he could function fully John still knew things about him that he'd left behind closed doors in his head long enough to nearly forget they were there.

"The fact remains unless you want to risk getting into trouble-- ..." Khan paused, stilling as another idea came. He looked at John, shifting and resting his elbows on his cross-legged knees while the screen stayed on the wall, showing the low buzz of usual activity on the bridge. "Captain Kirk seems empathetic to your situation; and I daresay the navigator quite enjoys your company as much as you enjoy his. Perhaps if you convinced them that risking another of our crew unexpectedly is more a risk than letting them out of the cryotubes and fulling the many, many empty rooms in this quarantined hall ..." That was Khan for you; very quick to think of the basics of a scheme to get what was desired.

Spock quietly walked up to the window, eyes on the passing stars as Jim spoke. Outwardly, it looked like the Captain could've been discussing the weather for all the Vulcan cared. After Jim finished, Spock simply sat down next to the man and computed. Much of the information he already knew; the bear-bones of it anyway. What could be gleaned from the logs. Because Spock was not one to ignore the fact many, if not most, of his coworkers all had their emotional weakpoints. He, to, had his weaknesses, but as one of the few logical beings on board he felt it imperative to be prepared to make sure his crewmates were not dragged down by emotions. At least; not emotions that would be counterproductive to function and 'quality of life' as some would say.

"Logically, you would have to travel quite a distance to find the edge of the universe, let alone fall off of it," Spock began, turning to look at Jim. "If they did indeed apologize for the circumstances, as you said, one-million-and-one times, I imagine they would be able to forgive you for your wrong roughly one-million-and-one times back, whether or not you voiced your regret. Lingering over words unsaid is hardly a productive use of--" Spock stopped himself, let out a small, barely discernible sigh and looked back towards the stars as the Enterprise moved past them.

"... The comparison may not be a reliable parallel to your situation," Spock began again, voice slightly quieter than usual, "but there were many people who I had words I'd had yet to say to on Vulcan." So many; so many lost for so many people. Old classmates, old bullies, old companions. Teachers, people Spock would've known at a glance, people he could've named without even thinking about it. His mother. "But even with so much left unsaid ... much was still spoken. One does not always need words or close proximity to know how someone gone would react, given different circumstances that would've allowed them to still exist. ... Those who loved you would have loved you further. Those who hated you would have continued to do so."

Spock shifted where he sat, not entirely sure how his words would be received. It was odd trying to ... comfort? Reassure? Well, do something to try to get through to Kirk past whatever darkness the other was reminiscing on. Spock looked towards Jim once more, deciding to just move the subject on. "You need to rest," Spock said simply, standing up.

((Poor Jim D': ))  

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:23 pm
knux33

John blinked in surprise at Khans suggestion then he groaned. "Why didn't I think of that? If my cryotube woke me up on it's own then who else could it possibly- We may have a problem." John grabbed the pad and moved the camera to look at the tubes. Cargo bay was still filled with them but the last thing they needed was ALL of the crew running around the ship like mad men. "No, not all the crew Khan, not now because I know for a fact that we have those who are very hostile who would gladly kill everyone on this vessel but if I can get to the tubes and check the few that are having malfunctions I may be able to defrost a few of them and transport the more hostile of our group to the fully functioning pods." John zoomed in on the pods, looking over which ones he could see just to be sure.

"There are ten faulty ones so far as I can see. Three who can be woken up without any hostile intent… Oh… Oh crap." John watched as one of the pods popped open and a teen peaked out, looked at the camera, then slid back into the pod. "well we already have one awake… crap. Khan hand me the communicator." John took the communicator from Khan then pinged to Jim in the hopes that the other would answer before more of the crew started waking up without any warning.

Jim sighed and shook his head slowly before looking over to Spock. The man sat down and Jim just stared at him for a moment before looking away. Spock wouldn’t understand why Tarsus was bad, no one really did, they were documents hidden away from the world. People knew about a drought but the massacres? The torture? Spock wouldn’t understand because all the knowledge given to anyone was that there had been a heavy drought that killed a lot of people, more than were accounted for, Spock would never understand exactly what Jim blamed his mother and brother for because it wasn't… easy to explain. On a technical point he wasn't supposed to, he and his children were not supposed to, because they saw the mad man's face.

Jim glanced at Spock when he said he needed to rest then he looked back to the stars. "No… No I don't want to go to sleep Spock. Not right now. Not with the nightmares." Jim heard his comm ping and he almost shouted in relief before he answered it. "Captain Kirk here." Jim waited for who was on the other line and was surprised when John spoke. "We have a problem captain, one I was hoping we wouldn’t have to deal with, our crew is waking up because some of the pods were damaged. Not all of them, right now just one, but I need to get to my crew so I can put them back under before some of the more… unsavory bunch decide to wake up." Jim was silent for a few moments then stood up and started heading for the floor with John and Khan.

"Explain the situation to me exactly John and I will get you to your crew to put them back under… if the pods are failing though you're going to have a few that are going to need to be awake." John sighed on the other end of the line which Jim knew was a slightly bad sign.

"Yes but from what I can see only ten pods are failing and three of those in the pods are safe to wake up, ones already awake, most of them though I need to put back under but I can wake seven others who will be safe to have around your crew. Doctors mainly, were not trained like Khan is, they can help me transfer the others to the functioning pods safely without them waking. I know what you are thinking Jim but I know these people and I know who is volatile. Your commander was an idiot thinking he could control Khan and that nothing would happen, he's one of the most aggressive, but let me wake the doctors and we can help you." Jim jogged down the corridor in thought then he stopped outside John and Khans door. "Alright, fine, but if you try and escape with your 'doctors' we will put you all down John. I want to trust you but it's hard with Khan at your back." John sighed heavily and then opened the door and nodded to Jim.

Jim lead the way with those stationed guard down to the cargo bay and John instantly ran over to the pod that had opened. A kid no older than sixteen with bright red hair and green eyes popped out looking slightly guilty. "Heeeey John. I get the sense we are in a great deal of trouble right now… pods broken." He patted the metal and John helped him out of the tube. The kid was short, maybe four foot nine, and when he spotted Khan he waved like an excited rabbit. He al but ignored the armed guard, not caring for it, then watched John search around the other pods.

John all but ignored the kid and looked over the pods before he stopped on one. "Khan I thought you said you looked at all of these." John looked over to Khan then back down at the pod. "He wasn't on the ship… I know he wasn't on the ship so why the hell is he here in a pod right now." The red head kid jogged over then stared down and made an ooing noise. "Hey Khan I think it's Hamish, can't tell much with all the misty stuff, an older Hamish though… Isn't he the kid the government tried to bribe you and John with? Made him up just for you guys then wouldn’t let you have him? Didn't you like… destroy Siberia to get him? I like that place too-" John covered the kids mouth. "Kyle just… shut up. Just shut up before I shoot you or something.

((Jim just need to explain it to Spock and SURPRISE! biggrin He's not a little kid, he's like 18, but I figured it would be an interesting surprise.))  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:44 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

Khan raised an eyebrow at John's reluctance to wake the whole crew because some of them were, well, like him, but was more a little amused John had basically described him when siting the particular crewmen he didn't want awake. He obediently grabbed the communicator for John though, glancing at the screen and sighing. Great. Company. But hey, at least it was going to make John happy. Even if the particularly teen he was sure he'd seen was likely the annoying one.

Spock frowned, feeling he'd missed something because Jim was not reacting the way he'd expected. There was something Jim was not telling him; many somethings. The Vulcan looked less than content with the answer Kirk gave him, likely about to argue that if Jim didn't lie down soon it was statistically likely that Kirk was going to fall over whether he wanted to sleep or not, when the comm beep and Jim grabbed it like it was a lifeline. And then Jim was running off, and Spock wanted to run after him, knowing where the Captain was going.

But considering the very delicate situation he'd heard from John's voice on the other end of the line--his large ears were not just for looking impressive--the Vulcan figured getting Bones and a decent amount of medical equipment down to the cargo bay would be ideal, considering the doctor had managed to keep at least one of the people from a cryopod in a medically-induced coma long enough to have Kirk get frozen in the body after-death so the captain's brain hadn't had a chance to be damaged by lack of oxygen. Though Bones had tried and failed to use the same technique on Khan ... so the key was to get the doctor and the supplies to the super-humans before they fully defrosted and their metabolisms were moving fast enough to dilute the drugs so it couldn't fully put them under.

Khan waited patiently while John talked things out with Kirk, then quickly followed the captain once they were given the permission necessary to go look over the pods. He couldn't help but note Kirk's slightly ... disheveled state, though. Going straight from engineering, to med bay, to engineering again had left Kirk looking slightly ruffled around the edges, with bits of metal polish having rubbed off tell-talely upon the captain; and in areas the man would've seen if he'd stopped to refresh and look into a mirror. So Kirk had been working where a captain usually does not, for an extended period of time judging by the other's slightly-wrinkled uniform, and without pausing to shower. Khan absorbed all these small signs and filed them away to ponder with later, keeping his focus on the task at hand and looking over the supposedly still-functioning pods with a critical eye to make sure they were sure to last for the long-haul and ignoring the little chipper Kyle waving his way.

But when John spoke out with a question Khan raised his head, looking confused. "I did." He'd looked into and accounted for every person in every pod. He'd watched them all one by one get removed from their old ship. 72 pods, one with John in it. What was Watson going on about over there? It was when Kyle started speaking up that Khan quickly moved closer, looking down at the figure in the encrusted pod's ice while John threatened Kyle. It was ... it was Hamish. But how could this be? The boy was older; not a 'boy' anymore, not really. Where had he come from? More importantly ... who had put him here; who had switched out tubes when he hadn't been looking ... and who could've known the boy's connection to him? This was no random act. It was wonderful in a way because it was Hamish, their Hamish, but also deeply unsettling because Khan knew someone had moved pieces on the grand playing board without him knowing.

Not many people could get things past him without him knowing.

But even as the questions popped up Khan could see they didn't have time for such questions. "John as much as I would love to see you use a phaser to gun down Kyle we have other worries at the moment. We can get to Hamish later," he said quickly, and went back to looking over pods. The malfunctioning ones looked to for the most part be holding steady for now. But Khan hurried over to one as he saw the window of one have some of the ice along the glass moved away for a pair of cautious eyes to peer around. This one was no Kyle; this was a dangerous individual waking up. But, luckily, Khan quickly saw it was one of the less dangerous ones, and one not likely to go on a killing spree. Hell; Van couldn't stand the feeling of other people touching him, let along get his hands on a man to kill him.

Khan opened the top of the cryopod, staring down while Francis B. Vanguard blinked up at the familiar face with nervous, sunken eyes. "Might as well get out; sit over there and don't touch anything," Khan ordered and Van did as he was told, looking around in bemusement with his sunken blue eyes before sitting on the floor with his slightly-too-thin limbs crossed in front of him. He had big ears and short, stick-up-everywhere black hair, and was one of the first experiments, also one of the physically weaker ones. But Van was also a top-notch 'hunter' of sorts. Tell him to go find a man, woman, child, notes, documents, you name it. He could find it. Even though he was sitting and looking rather pathetically unsure where the hell he was at the moment, Van located those he was familiar with quickly, taking in the situation with a bit less smiles than Kyle had, though he seemed much reassured at the sight of John. Khan alone meant things could get very frightening very fast. But so long as Watson was around, things were likely to stay reasonable not not mess with his delicate nerves too much. Even though he was a 'hunter', Van had the look of a ragged fox that had been chased far too many times; with shifty eyes and a weary expression at the guard.

Then Bones came in with his bag full of medical supplies, far more than it usually carried, Spock having remained behind as to not antagonize Khan. "I'm a doctor, not a bloody cryo engineer but does anybody listen? No," Bones was grumbling and marched right over to Jim with a fowl look. Kirk still not in bed somewhere and it looked like there were two more unfrozen members of Khan's crew to add to the tally. "You going to give me the full rundown Jim or do I have to threaten you with a hypo first?" the doctor asked sourly, though there was at least a hint of joking in his manner.

((Eeeeee! Same age as Chekov too x'D They can be not-little-kid friends! And maybe Chekov could help get him and Kyle get accumulated to the future! [and maybe Van if the guy doesn't seclude himself in the first room offered to him; he's kinda silly like that]))  

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:16 pm
knux33

When John saw the look on Khans face he knew that this wasn't his doing, that he hadn't just forgot about their son, so that meant that someone had put Hamish there. John had a hard time not just staring down at their boy, he looked exactly how John had hoped he would, with all the black hair and those sharp cheek bones, John knew he would open his eyes and there would be the most amazing blue. John was proud to say those came from his family, his mother had eyes like those, unfortunately Hamish also had Johns height it seemed which would be interesting to see. John had to pull himself away as Kyle bounced on the balls of his feet trying to figure out what exactly was going on and why they were not waking Hamish up. Of course then he look over and Van was awake, which was great, Kyle enjoyed Van a great deal even if the man had taken a while to get used to the clingy Kyle.

John sighed heavily and watched Kyle bound over to Van and collapse next to the man before going off about all the people in the room and what may be happening, how much he had missed Vans company while sleeping, the usual Kyle stuff. Most people would find it inately irritating but John always found it interesting because one moment Kyle could be bouncy and crazy but give him enough leeway and he could rearrange the entirety of a lab into the biggest experiment you had ever seen and be completely lost in himself to the point of almost forgetting to breath. He was their best scientist, better than Sherlock even, but he wasn't a fighter. He could fight but he was one of those who bumped someone wrong and apologized for it.

John knew he was safe to have awake but Van… Van was different. He was one of the originals like him and Khan, he was a bit more volatile, John was sure something would go wrong. John went to another pod, looking them over, one after another he checked and stabilized the ones that were failing. Finally he stopped at one that wasn't malfunctioning but was next to one that was about to malfunction and held someone John would NOT want awake at the moment. "I found Lana Khan, she is good to wake up, but we need to be quick because Luis is waking up and I think he has his swords in there with him!" Lana and Luis were twins but it seemed where Lana had gained all the sweetness her brother had gained cruelty. Lana looked like and angel, the palest blond hair with the greenest eyes, her skin was so fair it looked like porcelain.

She was a beautiful woman and an amazing doctor, the best they had, and her brother looked exactly like a male version of her but he was a killer. Not a fighter but a killer and if he woke up without knowing where he was with all these armed guards then there would be a great deal of bloodshed. John motioned Bones over quickly and spouted off a few random drugs he would need before he pressed a few buttons and Lana tube opened with her jolting up and gasping like she couldn’t breathe. She rubbed at her throat, he whole body shaking, and John cringed because that's what waking up from a functioning pod was like. Really it was like being defrosted so quickly your insides are still a bit cold and he's almost glad for the slow defrost he had.

The woman gasped and panted for a moment before she slid out of her pod in nothing but a very light night gown. She stumbled a bit and John caught her before leading her to her brothers pod and fiddling with the settings. Lana rubbed her arms, shivering and shaking, before she looked to bones. "I-I hate to ask, seeing as this seems to be a hostage situation of some sort, but can I please get some clothes? We were rushed into the pods in the middle of a sleep cycle." John looked over at the still shivering Lana and then to Jim who was trying to explain the situation to bones.

When Bones came in Jim was a bit stunned and very silent because, well, Bones looked mad as venom. It was a bit intimidating but of course Jim just let that roll off before he explained the situation, even with Bones being pulled away. "Apparently some of the tubes are failing so John and Khan need to wake up a few of their crew and transfer the others around into functioning tubes so that the ones that shouldn’t be awake because they will cause mass destruction won't wake up. John said he'll wake up the doctors and those who already are awake will stay awake." Jim watched the next pod open and he was honestly surprised by the girl that stepped out… then again they were all genetically engineered so he wasn't that surprised. When asked for clothes Jim motioned for someone to hand him some to give over then he passed them on to Lana who didn't even bother covering up really before she pulled on the new clothes.

John chuckled at the general male reactions but then again all these people had gotten used to being naked in front of others and Lana… well she had a special affinity for it after she was reveried as a goddess for a while. There was a very long time she wore nothing but a very sheer gown… the clothes were more a formality and also because it was rather cold in the cargo bay after just waking up. "John Luis's pod is failing… is that one almost ready?" John nodded then stepped over and instead of deactivating the pod Lana easily just ripped off the top to give John time to sedate Luis before he even woke up. "Did you give him enough? I don't think you did-" John pulled the swords out and tossed them onto the ground before jabbing Luis a few more times.

"Okay… I think he's good to be moved. Just… god Lana grab his upper body and I have the lower." John counted to three then the lifted the man quickly and started putting him in the other pod. He looked harmless enough, sweet even, but John knew better. Luis was a relative monster and while he wasn't AS violent as Khan he was pretty high up there. Beauty was never a good indicator to who was a docile kitten and Luis may have looked like it but… John just remember what the man had done when he learned about the Hamish incident. Luis was fiercely protective of his people and he had destroyed a whole facility in anger.

John shut the lid and activated the pod before looking over to Khan to see who he had woken.

((Oh Kyle would love to help Van! Kyle loves to help people... and bite. He has a bad habit of biting but the crew is used to that.... mostly XD))  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:12 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

Van gave a near full-body flinch when Kyle flopped by him, having been looking elsewhere and taken slightly be surprise, but soon stilled when he realized who it was. Van could be ... extremely touchy about who he allowed into his personal bubble. Lord forbid if a stranger tried to touch him; all bets would be off as to whether Van would lash out in panic and keep lashing out until he calmed again, or whether he would just have a mild freak-out. It had been ... 'entertaining' when Van had first met Kyle and the scientist had decided to cling to him. But Van had somehow grown used and almost even seemed to like the shorter male's company, right now sitting contently listening to Kyle's babbling on about their current situation.

Bones, on the other hand, was unhappily listening to the full story and sure that John and Khan must've somehow set this up. This seemed too convenient to be nothing more than just a damned coincidence to him. Well, of course, even in his doubts he was quick to grab the drugs John listed off and quickly handed the man a freshly-filled hypo. Though once Lana was up and out of course Bones was as stunned as the rest of them, but managed to get back to getting fresh hypos full of sedatives and such ready to hand out as they worked, deciding maybe waking a few pretty, nice ladies like that wasn't such a bad idea. Though he shook his head in wonder at the swords, literal barbaric swords, were pulled out of that one fellow's tube. Damn, how old-school were these guys?

Khan had been busy as John got to work on the emergency situation with Luis, quickly going down the line of working cryotubes and waking up doctors as he found them. Out of the 72 pods roughly 1/3 of their number had been made knowing medicine, and a little over half of that one-third were doctors who were stable and what one could cal reasonably sane, because most of the genetic experiments had been made for offensive purposes with not too much need for medical help. But to keep the tools and weapons sane ... those who could be kind and empathetic and caring even to the worst of the worst ... they had simply been dragged into this hell of a life so the hellish attackdogs of hell had leashes. But in most pairs 'control' was ... well, not a workable word. John, John could tell him to do anything and he'd do it; that was one end of the spectrum. But as with Lana and Luis there was the other: Luis would never harm those he was loyal to, but once he was angry all hell broke loose for everyone else.

Khan quickly got Fox up; a tall mid-aged man who had never given any other name besides 'fox' who had a typical surgeon's face with a light stubble and dull red-brown hair one could find on the animal he'd chosen to keep the name of, even when he'd disregarded his own. He also had bright amber eyes that looked a tad too cunning sometimes, but he was a good doctor and one that rolled well with shocking developments. The drastic change in scenery and guards wouldn't phase him, even if he was likely to chuckle a bit at it. Which Khan heard the tall man doing as Khan himself went to the next doctor he'd found in the lineup; a pair of them actually.

Khan knew their names were Vincent and Daniel, but mentally found himself always calling them Loud and Quiet. They were two very physically different men; Vincent was middle aged with peppered short hair and a reedy build, while Daniel was husky and young, but Vincent had a habit of speaking loudly and Daniel quietly while they both often had similar opinions and were never ever really far from one another, so instead of standing out as two distinct people they just came off as one entity, almost. They worked diligently and quickly together, and right now they needed some fast hands before someone really dangerous like Hound woke up and decided to ruin all the fragile bridge-building John had been trying to do. Though at least Fox could keep the Hound in a 'sit/stay' position reasonably well ... kind of. Okay no, and Khan was not about to wake the 'damned dog' if he could help it.

The next one Khan was waking up as John looked over was Sam; a wavy-haired brown haired individual who'd had their hair cut short and had a rather pixie-esc look, and was one of the more chipper of their crew. Also no one could really tell whether Sam was a girl or boy, but after a while it didn't seem to really matter because whatever the hell Sam was, they were very caring and careful not even to hurt anyone while doctoring if they could help it. "Daaamn ... did we get upgraded or what?" Sam panted wonderingly while Khan helped pull them out of the cryotube. Then they saw the guards and winced, reflexively putting up their hands over their flat chest as if to hide the not-there curves. "Oh ... it's the 'or what', huh? John? John! Have we been involuntarily enlisted again?" Sam called out without shyness, "because I'd really rather this just be one of those cruise ships where all the hunky policemen take their clothes off." And Sam was also kinda a shameless lover too. Love and be loved and all that.

Fox was in a wife-beater and boxers, but didn't seem to care as he, Vincent, and Dan walked over questioning to John and quickly got to work. Fox grasped one of the hypos and tilted his head, grinning quite happily at the new bit of useful technology before helping with the moving of cryo tubes.

"Mm. Military outfit, no," Fox mused out loud while Vincent and Dan spoke amongst themselves. "Not nearly so mercenary, loyal-unto-death's-bullet-esc. But not relaxed like a cruise ship either. Sorry deary, no free fruit drinks to be found," he called over to Sam while Sam went over to help Lana.

"I swear, we never get to wake up in a sex orgy, or party," Sam sighed dramatically, while ingecting one of the more dangerous individuals that needed to be moved with a hypo since everyone else was doing it, "just once I want to have a lovely Sleeping Beauty moment ad get woken up with a kiss. Not Khan glaring down at me in my nighties," Sam went on, quite the 'Queen' of a hermaphrodite.  

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:51 pm
knux33

John was so glad to see his people waking up, though not all of them were waking up easily, Kyle had care of keeping Van calm as well so John felt like he could relax as he helped everyone pull out the more dangerous of the groups and started fixing everything up. "Oh yes, yes, not a cruise ship though the rooms are very nice Sam and the people are too. Not a very hostile situation Khan here just went all.. Khan because someone got stupid and threatened my life again. I think there were… three time he thought I was dead. All the continents are intact though and while people died it wasn't as bad as Korea." John shivered at the memory of what happened in Korea then started looking over a few more pods.

John stopped with a grin and popped one of the pods open without much warning. A young woman popped up quickly and was directly followed by a young man who both cursed then fell out of the tube. They were both of Asian descent, most likely Korean themselves, and the boy had bright blue hair while the girl had almost black red hair. They both cursed heavily then jumped up "Misha, Aaron, you two were supposed to be in your own pods." They were wearing the same pajamas which was a bit strange because the Aaron was wearing something rather girly.

"Well you see sweetie I was in my own pod but Misha started Panicking in the last second so I jumped outta mine and slid in with her. Now why are we surrounded by big burly me- OH MY GOD! Look at him! He's cute!" Aaron grinned widely and waved to Spock before Misha grabbed him and directed him toward everyone else. "No! Bad gay man! Go! Go over there! Look! Fox is awake, go play with Fox, leave the men with guns alone." Aaron pouted. "But the guns make it more fun. FINE! You play with John and I will go do what they are doing.. over there… far away." Aaron stuck his tongue out at Misha and she waved him off before looking to John for the run down.

Lana helped Aaron with getting everything set up for the next pod then John turned to find one more to open because it seemed they would have an extra awake. John found the perfect person to wake up, someone who had a very calming effect on the crew, and the popped open the last pod only to have a very SMALL child like form rise up. John crouched by the pod and smiled at the little girl, no older then ten, and then he had his arms fully of squealing child. "JOHN JOHN!" John laughed and lifted the little girl out of the pod before letting her run over to Kahn. She was all big blue eyes and blond hair and she looked a lot like John and Sherlock yet again… because people didn't learn from past mistakes.

She looked around, saw all the people, then looked up to Khan "What did you do this time? Did you kill people?" John sighed "Amy that's rude, be careful, go sit with Kyle and Van." The little girl ran off and John glanced at Jim before continuing with what they were doing. It's odd to think that until recently Sherlock and him hadn't had a sexual relationship but they had two children… then again they were both used against them in times of trouble. Amy was biological only about three when they found her but she grew very fast, to fast actually, and John had made the decision to freeze her long before everyone was in their pods. He hadn't thought about waking her up, she aged seven years in about a years, but he was hoping that now there would be a way to stop the accelerated growth.

John also knew that Khan didn't think of her often because he had sat so frequently by her side as she had sobbed through nights filled with growing pains. It was painful for the both of them because she was exactly who John had thought their daughter would be. John went back to Hamishes failing pod, stared down at it, and when Khan was with him he opened it up. It took a few moments after the pod was open but then Hamish slowly opened his eyes. There was no gasping, no panting, nothing like the others and when Hamish saw them both his eyes got wide then teard up. "Dads? Where- what?" John smiled down at Hamish and grabbed his hand only to have the boy sit up and grab them both. "They told me you were both dead, they told me that for years, they said I was the last of the program and you were both gone. I thought I was going to go mad, completely mad, but I got away."  
Role Playing 1x1

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff