Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
ᴍακε ʜзя ᴍιηϵ | one x one | w/ Lunoh~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So... what do you think? ^^;
  I wanna join! <3
  This idea sucks. </3
  Eh, I may read along...
  <.< -steals gold and runs-
View Results

x-Beautiful---Delusions-x

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:49 pm
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxShrugging off the apology from Oliver, Libbey waited as calmly as she could for said boy to take his water. She waved off his hand, managing to retrieve her plate of pizza just fine since she'd had plenty of practice with such a thing. And then she snorted at his statement about the water. While it was definitely better than tap water (and than some bottled waters she'd had) it still probably wouldn't taste even close to what his family likely bought. Resuming her seat, she dug back into her pizza, glancing over at Oliver when he spoke up once more. Oh, right; she had asked about that earlier, hadn't she? Thoughtfully chewing on her slice of pizza, she decided to start the story off honestly. "It's nothing that romantic, Mom. For most of high school, I detested him. He can seriously be quite the prat sometimes," she answered, choosing to unscrew the lid on her bottle. It made a soft hissing noise, which she ignored since it was normal. "Even though my dislike of him was pretty well known at school, for some reason everyone thought we should date. He actually asked me out once in the middle of ninth grade, and I told him no because I knew he wasn't asking for the right reasons. That's probably when my despise actually started." She was somewhat musing aloud, her tone a little thoughtful. She hadn't really cared much to form an opinion of him before he'd stupidly thought she'd jump at the possibility of dating him; it was only after that he'd begun to truly irritate her. Probably because he hadn't understood and had kept bugging the piss out of her.

xxxxxHer father chose this moment to exclaim, "I thought his name sounded familiar! I remember you telling us about it. Your mother and I couldn't stop laughing afterwards."

xxxxxThis caused a laugh to sound from her mother, and Libbey furrowed her brows. "Mhm. I remember that. She was so irritated, like she couldn't believe someone would actually do that just because it was expected." Libbey rolled her eyes and finally took a sip of her Coke, which was when her mother decided to add, "And when it was just us two, we somewhat joked that she'd probably end up dating the boy before she graduated, because we thought she would."

xxxxxLibbey choked on the soft drink, and quickly screwed the cap back on as she tried not to cough since she knew she'd be coughing for several minutes if she gave into the urge. Swallowing convulsively a few times, she managed to keep from coughing even though it made her eyes water a lot more, and then she looked at her parents like they were crazy. "What made you think that?" she asked incredulously, wincing as it made her throat hurt a little.

xxxxx"Nothing in particular, really. As a parent, you just get a feeling. And it was right, obviously," her mother answered, taking a bite of her pizza. After allowing her daughter to mull over that, and after swallowing the bite of pizza, she encouraged, "Well, continue, then."

xxxxxLibbey sighed and glanced over at Oliver before looking back at her parents. "Last semester -- last fall -- we ended up in a lot of the same classes, and one of our teachers decided it would be a great idea to pair Oliver and me together on a project that would encompass the entire semester and would ultimately be a huge part of our final grades." Both of those things were, for the most part, true. They had been partnered together in a project that counted as a rather good portion of their grades, but there had also been two other people in their group, so she hadn't had to really deal with Oliver one-on-one the entire semester because no teacher would have been that foolish. "It was kind of rocky at the beginning. We're both really stubborn, and we must have fought over just about every aspect of the project. We couldn't even decide on the topic until the last second." Her lips twitched into a slight smile at that since that had actually happened and their groupmates had ended up flipping a coin. And now came the lying part, which was what she was not-so-good at. She looked at Oliver once more, giving him a look that said he could take over the next part. "But slowly things got less difficult, and there was a little less tension between us when we realized that we both mainly just wanted to make a good grade on the project and were used to taking over. We finally started attempting to hear the other person out whenever one of us didn't like something that the other one was wanting to do."

io3121

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:29 pm
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

His pizza slice eaten down to the crust, Oliver bent to pick out another slice out of the box, setting it on his plate and sitting back to hear what Lori had to say about their (not) romantic story. He nodded, a sheepish smile at the mention of how he could be a prat. "I've tried to catch myself, but it's how I was raised." an honest answer. When she went on about how he had initially asked her out simply because it was expected, he looked downright ashamed, his brows furrowing, but tilting up at the bridge, creating those rainbow shaped wrinkles between his eyes.

He started when it was let out that she had openly complained about him to her parents. He never gave a thought to the fact he had such an abrasive effect on her. His frown deepened, and he looked positively remorseful. It was not an act. He had never felt what it was to be ashamed before he had really begun to actually care about her, and every time she rejected him with one reason or another, he had tried to fix that part of him. It was hard though, and he felt he was going nowhere. Habits were hard to break, especially if the consequences of those habits resulted in something you liked.

He was jostled from his thoughts when he felt Lori's eyes, and in turn her parents', on him. It was his turn to pick up the story. He hadn't touched his second slice. "Well, we began to talk about things other than topics involving our project, and we found that we were total opposites. I had been attracted to her for quite sometime, after pause and reflection on why she had rejected me forthright. I really was, and I fear still am, a spoiled brat. More so now that we are together. I digress," he cleared his throat, "We slowly grew to enjoy each other's company, began spending time together outside of school work. I wanted to ask her again, but I didn't want to push her off, so we never really addressed it. Our relationship kind of just... What's a good word for it? Came into existence?" he looked at Lori, befuddled. "I guess that means we really don't have a date to recall for an anniversary."

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:38 pm
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxLibbey frowned slightly at Oliver's slightly odd behavior but chose to continue eating her pizza while he filled in the details that were as honest as possible given their situation. She listened vaguely as he spoke, glancing between her parents to see how they were believing it, all the while munching away on her pizza slice. He was still talking when she started on her second slice, feeling it safe to take a drink of her soda since he wasn't likely to say anything that would really startle her, unless he was doing it just to be a brat. She glanced at him in time to hear him mention the vague way their relationship had started, and she nodded in agreement when he said they couldn't pinpoint an exact date. "Well, there was a day when it became obvious, so I guess we could use that. You could basically say it was like one day we weren't, and then the next day we just suddenly were, without really discussing it." She tried to keep the ironic tone out of her voice and managed to make her smile seem like a girl who was happy with her choice, when really she just wanted to be rolling in the floor laughing. Because, truly, were she observing this outside of her body, she would be struck by the sheer ridiculousness of this scene.

xxxxx"Unromantic? He's waited on this for four years; of course it's romantic!" her mother suddenly exclaimed, and Libbey once again wished the floor would swallow her whole. Her father seemed to have the same sentiment since he snorted at his wife's ramblings. "That's so sweet, though, Oliver."

xxxxxLibbey would have been incapable of not rolling her eyes had something not tapped against her leg. Her half-eaten second slice of pizza quickly being forgotten, the strawberry blonde set the plate down and sat back, smiling as said something jumped into her lap. The cream-colored cat with brown ears and paws mewed, and Libbey reached up to scratch the cat behind her ears. "Hey, Mische. Where have you been?" she asked, and the cat mewed once more, stepping off her lap to investigate the boy on the couch. She watched as Mische reached out and batted a paw at Oliver's leg once, as if testing to see if he'd move or strike back. Libbey barely managed to stifle a laugh as she picked up her plate of pizza once more, trying to work on finishing eating it. She actually was hungry, now that her nerves were starting to settle down a little more. Plus, it was always a nice, comforting distraction watching Mische meet new people.

||ooc: I'm so sorry this took so long. I couldn't find a cat picture I liked, and then I seriously did not like how this post turned out, so I tried to fix it, and it just... yeah, it was a bust. My most sincere apologies. ||

io3121

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:18 pm
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

"Oh, great... Now we have to remember that date. Can you recall?" He asked, his words drawling at the end as he stifled a yawn. He shook off the sleepiness that accompanied the yawn and finally took a bite of his second slice, biting down on the soft, buttery flesh of an olive and tasting its tart and oily flavor. He lifted his slice for another bite when movement caught his eye and he turned to see a cat. A fluffy, brown cat in Lori's lap. He blinked, watching the animal.

Oliver loved animals, most of them anyway. Dogs, horses, sheep... Most animals. One of the few animals he didn't like were cats. They were unsocial, solitary, and unlovable animals in his opinion. Teases. Pompous and arrogant, always strutting about as if they were the best thing to happen to this world. He had never stopped to analyze that, to put it simply, he disliked cats because they were just like him.

Oliver sat still as the cat approached and placed a paw on his lap. He continued to eat his pizza, watching it out of the corner of his eye, glaring down at it, but refraining from pushing it away or relocating himself. He had done well so far to please the parents, he was not going to risk loosing it by seeming to dislike the family pet. As long as it kept it's filthy claws out of his skin, he would leave it be.

Looking around the room, he found a clock and saw that it was now close to eight thirty in the evening. With a sigh, of what exactly he was not sure himself, he swallowed his bite and spoke up, "I'm sorry if it seems like I'm eating and running, but It is getting rather late and I have yet to purchase accommodations in the city." He placed his plate on the table, two crusts the only thing left on the plate.

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:44 pm
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxLibbey blinked at Oliver's question. A normal girl probably would recall such a thing, wouldn't she? She worried her lower lip between her teeth for a moment before choosing a random date that sounded nice in her head, "May seventh, I think." She easily finished off the rest of her second slice of pizza, taking note of Oliver's narrowed gaze that seemed to be in the direction of her cat. Slightly worried of what he might do, she reached out and rescued Mische before she tried to brave crawling into the black-haired teen's lap. The cat mewed but didn't swipe at the girl; instead she simply sat primly in Libbey's lap and started licking her paws to clean her face. She was taking another sip of her soda when Oliver suddenly spoke, and she blinked. He hadn't even gotten a hotel room? He truly was ill-prepared; huh. She opened her mouth to speak when her mother spoke instead.

xxxxx"Nonsense, Oliver! You can stay in the guest bedroom," the redhead admonished with a slight scoff.

xxxxxLibbey went rigid. "What?" she asked, completely incredulous.

xxxxxHer father, who had apparently choked on something, echoed her sentiments, "What?" With one of those looks that apparently conveyed more to her father than it did to Libbey, her mother effectively made her father heave a sigh and capitulate. "My wife is right, of course. There is no need in finding a room to stay when we have an extra one available here."

xxxxx"But--" Libbey stopped herself before she could protest. Most girlfriends would probably be ecstatic to have their parents willingly offering a guest bedroom to their boyfriends. Especially when that bedroom was the middle bedroom upstairs -- the one in situated on the left side of the hallway, almost directly to the left of the stairs. She started scratching Mische's back, glancing between her parents and Oliver and waiting for him to make his decision. Honestly, she wasn't sure that her parents would let him leave even if he said it was fine.

io3121

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:07 am
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

Oliver sighed ever so slightly when the cat was scooped up and away from him, then moved to stand up. He paused however, not expecting such a strong opposition to his leaving. After a moment, he smiled a tired and grateful smile, "Oh, please. I don't want to trouble anyone." he was speaking mainly towards Noah, but he could almost feel the distaste coming from next to him on the couch. "I mean, you've been so kind as to have me with absolutely no notice, and even invite me to dinner. I couldn't begin to repay you both for the hospitality."

He glanced at Lori, reaching up to rub his nose. She hadn't made a face yet, but he thought he felt one coming. Especially after her father, once corrected by Kelsey, agreed and seconded his wife's offer. "Okay, um... Thank you. Thank you so much. I didn't know what to expect when I arrived here, but I am grateful of what I received." He breathed in deep, stretching his rib cage, and smiled comfortably upon exhaling. This really saved his a lot of time and energy, not having to peruse the city in search for a hotel at this hour.

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:54 am
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxMische was pulled into a pair of arms and made a soft mewing noise of slight protest that turned into purring when a hand started scratching the side of her neck and a nose nuzzled into it. Libbey's eyes closed as she listened to Oliver thank her parents, and she honestly wondered what she had done to deserve such torture. She had reacted rashly to something her sister was doing just once and now she was paying oh-so-dearly for it. She obviously didn't have her mother on her side, and apparently that also meant her father wasn't on her side, either. She lifted her head and stood, cradling her cat in one arm as she picked up Oliver's mostly-empty plate and set it on top of hers before heading off into the kitchen in order to throw them away -- and to not have to hear her parents' responses.

xxxxxHer mother ended up standing as well, smiling warmly at her daughter's supposed boyfriend. "Come on; you must be tired. I'll give you a brief tour of the upstairs. Do you need anything to sleep in?" she queried, motioning for him to follow her as she proceeded up the stairs.

xxxxx"Good night, Oliver," her father called.

xxxxxTurning left at the landing, she pointed to the door on the far end. "That is where my other daughter, Nicole, sleeps. I don't think I'll have to concern myself with any warnings there since I'm sure Libbey's wrath would be bad enough," she teased. Pointing to the door directly to her right, she continued, "And this is the bathroom. There should be a spare toothbrush in one of the drawers if you need one, and the clean towels will be in one of the side cabinets in there. There should also be some less fruity scented items in those side cabinets as well." She then turned and opened the door to the left that was directly across from the bathroom, her hand reaching to the right to flip the switch. "And this is where you'll be staying. We clean the sheets every month or two if no one's sleeping in them, just to make sure they don't get musty. I'm not sure how long you wanted to stay, but if it's more than three weeks, we'll probably clean them again around then. There's an alarm clock on the nightstand, and extra blankets in the closet, should you need them. We also have some books in the top drawer of the nightstand, though I'm not sure if you'll find any of them to your liking." She sighed softly before turning to fully face him. "If you need anything, feel free to let any of us know. And even though I doubt there is a need, I'm going to reiterate that I would appreciate it if you did not attempt to have sex with my daughter under my roof." She turned once more and went out into the hallway, gesturing towards the lone door on the right end of the hallway. "And then, of course, you know where Libbey's room is," she commented with a wink to show she didn't really mind.
-----

xxxxxHer father gathered the pizza boxes, his and his wife's plates, and the empty cups before walking into the kitchen to find his daughter standing in front of the counter, leaning back against it while she absently pet the purring Mische in her arms. Setting the pizza boxes down quietly, he threw out the styrofoam plates before moving to his daughter's side and putting an arm around her in a hug. "I'm sorry I was so hard on your boyfriend, sweetie," he apologized, misreading the posture she was in. "He hasn't given me a reason to truly dislike him, so I'll try to ease up."

xxxxxShe sighed and leaned her head against his shoulder, laughing slightly. "You don't need to apologize, Daddy. No one's worth dating if he doesn't earn your approval," she told him truthfully, which earned her a squeeze and a kiss to the top of her head. Smiling softly, she pulled out of his embrace. "I'm probably gonna call it a night. I love you, Daddy."

xxxxxHe chuckled and returned the smile. "I love you, too, sweetie." He then turned to preserving the pizza that was leftover.

xxxxxLibbey retrieved her bottled Coke from the living room before proceeding up the stairs, cradling Mische close to her chest. She didn't know how tired Oliver was, because they definitely had a few things they needed to talk about, but she had a feeling that it'd be waiting until morning. She reached the top landing in time to hear her mother finish the tour of the upstairs by saying, "And, then, of course you know where Libbey's room is." This caused the girl to snort as she looked over at her mother. "Oh, and speak of the devil."

xxxxxThe strawberry blonde stuck out her tongue in retaliation.

io3121

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:28 am
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

It was settled then. He would be sleeping here. Oliver stood and promptly followed Lori's mother up the stairs. "I have some spare clothes in my pack. I think I left it in Lori's room." She had dragged him up the stairs so quickly and sat him in there, he had forgotten all about his things until now. He would retrieve it after the tour.

Oliver took not of everything the woman said, committing it to memory. Lori's sister's room, the bathroom, everything in it, and where he would be sleeping. At the repeated warning, Oliver coughed nervously, wishing he knew how to blush on command. "I would nev-" She waved it off as a joke and he did not feel the need to finish his sentence. Lori's parents seemed quite comfortable with him here already. It was a bit to take in. He had never encountered a family so informal and open. Then again, he didn't normally date anyone who didn't come from rich or more than wealthy families. Oh, what would Father think if he found out the real reason you went to America? He thought to himself with a bitter smile.

When Lori arrived at the top of the stairs, the bitterness dissipated, leaving only a pleasant smile playing on his lips. He was sure there was much she wanted to discuss, but looking into the guest room, he was so drawn to the comfortable looking bed and pillows. He looked down at himself, thinking of how long he had been in his clothes, and decided he would very much like a shower as well, and stated as much, "If there's no objection, I would very much like to take a shower before bed." he liked feeling clean and cool when slipping under the sheets of a bed. He slept more soundly that way.

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:52 am
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxLibbey knew the moment that her mother grinned that something embarrassing was going to come from the older woman's mouth. "That's absolutely fine. Any questions you have can be directed to Libbs." Okay, so maybe nothing embarr-- "I leave you in my daughter's very capable hands." Libbey felt blood flood into her face, and she barely resisted the urge to knock her head into a wall. It was looking and sounding quite appealing. Maybe she'd even knock herself out and would be rid of her mother's ridiculous innuendos for a while. Said woman laughed, taking off down the stairs. "Good night, sweetie! Good night, Oliver!"

xxxxxShe didn't even grant her mother a response as she turned and opened the door to her room without jostling her cat or moving her soda to her less free arm. She set the bottle down on her desk and then deposited Mische onto the bed, smiling to herself as the brown feline traipsed over to "her" pillow. At least her cat was acting normal. With a slight sigh, the teen pushed a hand through her strawberry blonde locks before grabbing the bag Oliver had left beside her bed. She turned around and headed back to her door, choosing to linger in the doorway. "Here's your bag. I'm assuming my mother explained everything you'd need to know about the bathroom, except probably how to use the shower. It's not too difficult to operate, though, so I believe you'll be fine. If you have any problems with it, I can show you." Absently blowing her bangs out of her eyes, she leaned lazily against the doorframe. "I think there are a few things we need to talk about, but I'm sure it can wait until morning. You look like you're about to fall asleep standing up. Try not to drown in the shower."

io3121

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:22 am
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

Oliver's lips twitched in a smile when he saw the pink return to Lori's face at her mother's remark. He love how her face had so much color and life in it, even when she was scowling at him. "Goodnight!" He called back as the red haired woman went downstairs again.

turning back to face Lori as she entered her room, he watched as the snooty little hairball made itself comfortable on the pillow. Ew. He made a face at it, the first time his facade had dropped that entire evening, and took the bag from Lori when she came to stand in the doorway. "Thanks." he muttered, unzipping the main pocket and rummaging through it to find his sleep pants. It was a bit warmer here than he was used to, so he decided to sleep without a shirt, leaving it in the backpack. "I think I can manage, thank you." He turned to walk into the bathroom, looking over his shoulder at her final comment. "I'll do my best." he returned, then closed the door to undress.

The shower was just what he needed! Once he got the water to run at just the right temperature, he found the mildly scented soaps and stepped in, letting the hot water wash away all the stress that had built up since he had boarded that flight. He washed up quickly enough, but lingered in the steaming water a bit longer, soaking. When done, a quick brush of the teeth, finding the toothbrush Lori's mother had mentioned, and he stepped out of the bathroom, fresh and smelling clean. The cool air hit his steaming hot body and he relished the feeling of the conflicting temperatures. He passed by Lori's room and knocked on the door frame. Standing there, steam rising off of his shirtless body, hair clinging to his forehead like dark blades of dewy grass, he cleared his throat, "Ahem, is there anything you want to say before I go to bed?" He asked her. In the light, it was plain to see that he worked out, his muscles finely toned and sculpted, pecs and abs that had caused many a girl to stare at. He had tried before to get Lori's attention with his body, but it had failed, so he made no attempt now. He sincerely wanted to just go to bed, but not without a goodnight from his "girlfriend".

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:00 am
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxLibbey snorted as she turned back around and walked to her closet, rifling through the pajamas on the shelf. She managed to settle on a pink tank top and a pair of blue and pink striped shorts. She discarded her dirty clothes into the laundry basket after she changed and then proceeded back out into her room. She eyed her door warily before deciding she may as well keep it open until after Oliver came back out, at least. She could close it afterwards. Folding down the covers on her bed, she slid her legs under them as she sat down, her back against the headboard. She reached out and grabbed her book off the nightstand, flipping it open to where she'd left off. Mische mewed, and with a soft chuckle, Libbey absently reached over and started petting the brown feline. She ended up becoming quite engrossed in the novel (which was rather normal) and did not notice Oliver's approach. Her eyes didn't move from the book in front of her until she'd finished the sentence, though she had heard and retained Oliver's words. "Hm?"

xxxxxWhen her gaze finally shifted onto the dark-haired teen, she was a little mortified to see a broad expanse of bare skin. Once again blood rushed to her face, and she averted her gaze. "You couldn't wear a shirt?" she muttered, uncaring if he actually heard. Forcing herself to look back at him, she grinned cheekily, "Mm, no. I don't think so." She knew he was angling for a 'goodnight' but since her parents didn't seem inclined to make things a little difficult for him, someone had to do it.

io3121

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:29 am
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

Oliver gazed sleepily into the room and at Lori, realizing she was not going to be the slightest bit civil and wish him good night. She had to be stubborn to the very last word. Well, now was the perfect time to do it. The perfect time to tell her why he had come all the way from England to see her. "A shirt isn't important right now, and no. I'm too warm as it is. I just wanted you to know, I came here for a specific reason. It was not my idea to announce to your sister that we were dating and try and deceive your parents of it as well." he kept his voice low. "I simply came here to tell you, once and for all, that over the years, even though you've made quite clear your hatred for me, I have grown to love you. I was not lying to your father when I said that, but you may choose not to believe it. I was going to say that, and that, after all of this, if you still hold the contempt you held for me all these years, I am truly and deeply sorry for how I've behaved in the past and with that, I was going to walk away." he said this all very quickly and quietly, as if afraid he would talk himself out of it halfway through. "That being said, I want to wish you a good night, and I shall see you in the morning." He turned to leave, but stopped, thinking. He turned his head in her direction, but kept his gaze on the carpet, "I honestly didn't mean for things to be so complicated. I'm sorry for that. Good night..." with that, he left.

In the guest bedroom, he flicked on the light, shut the door most of the way, leaving it open a crack to show he was not hiding, and flopped onto the bed face first. He lay there for a moment, breathing muffled by the blankets. He was too tired to think back on what he had just done. He just wanted to sleep. It was becoming harder and harder for him to convince himself coming here was not a mistake. He crawled into the bed and under the covers. After laying there a few moments, he realized he still needed to turn the light off. He groaned and clambered out of the bed, shuffled to the light switch and turned off the light, returning to the bed and resuming his sleep position. It took but a few moments for him to drift off. It had been a long and rather unexpected day.

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:59 am
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxWell. That had been rather... unexpected. She wasn't entirely sure what had just happened. Partially, it had sounded like he was reprimanding her and even slightly mocking her, but at the same time he'd sounded sincere when he'd apologized (and she wasn't even going to touch on the thought of him loving her because that wasn't really going to change anything). She had actually had every intention of telling him "goodnight," after pestering him just a little bit, but after he'd started talking, she didn't have the option of getting a word in edgewise. By the time he was finished, she didn't know what to think, nor did she want to try and sort out her thoughts. Why couldn't she have just ignored Nicole when she'd come into her room that morning? Releasing a frustrated breath, she dropped her book on the nightstand and went to shut her door before flipping off the light. She retreated back to her bed, adjusting her pillow to the way she liked it, and slipped beneath the covers, this time lying down.

xxxxxClosing her eyes, she tried to get comfortable enough to go to sleep. Unbidden, an image of creamy, toned skin flashed behind her eyelids. She made an undignified noise as her eyes snapped open, and she pushed herself up on her side, observing her cream-colored cat with deep blue eyes. "Mische, sometimes I wish I could trade places with you," she muttered. The cat mewed in response and lightly pawed at the girl's nose. Giggling, she reached out to scratch the cat again. Even though it was rather early, the stress relief and comfort of her cat managed to encourage her to finally close her eyes, and moments later she was lost to the conscious world.

io3121

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:16 am
User Image
Oliver Copperfield Marsh

Oliver, though he had no problems falling asleep, had problems staying asleep. It was the first night in a strange house, and as such, he woke every few hours, not remembering where he was right away. A quick look around the room and he was able to jog his memory and go back to sleep.

When morning came, the sunlight filtering in through the window, Oliver inhaled deeply, face buried in the pillows. He turned over onto his back, one leg up and bent, and rubbed his face with a groan. Opening his eyes, he turned his head lazily to the size to glance at the alarm clock. It was almost seven thirty in the morning. He had seriously overslept! He sighed and looked back up at the ceiling, rubbing the nape of his neck with his hand. It was sticky with sweat. In his haste to fall into bed, he had left the window closed, and in the night, he had broke out in a cold sweat due to the lack of air circulation. He frowned and sat up. He hadn't even turned on the ceiling fan to help. He made a note to remember that in the future.

Finally up, he shuffled his shirtless, sleep drooped body out of the room, down the hall and into the bathroom. He took up a small wash cloth and moistened it under the tap, ringing it out and wiping his neck and face with it. the cool dampness washed away the icky layer of half dried sweat and left him smelling much like he had when he had exited the shower. feeling better, he returned to his room, found where he had dumped his backpack, and pulled out his clothes for the day. He wore now a tight fitting, short sleeved tee and a pair of worn and comfortable jeans.

Dressed, he made his way towards the stairs, stopping and looking at Lori's door. Did he really tell her all of that last night? He must have been really tired. A part of him hoped she forgot about it, and another part of him hope she believed him. In any case, she didn't seem to be a wake yet, so he trotted downstairs and into the kitchen to help himself to a glass of water.

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:07 pm
User ImageUser Image
Libbey Kendal Cox

xxxxxKelsey had always been an early riser, something that neither of her two children had adopted, though her elder daughter did far better than the younger. Her husband wasn't much better, either; he was nearly always late to leave for work, and he definitely slept in on the weekends. When he managed to wake up early, he typically took a nap in the middle of the day to even it out. The point was, Kelsey was used to the house being quite during certain hours -- on the weekends from five in the morning to nine in the morning, and almost daily from half past seven in the morning to about nine or ten in the morning. So when she heard someone in the kitchen (after her husband had already left), her first guess was that her daughter's boyfriend either was an early riser as well, or he simply couldn't sleep well. Whatever the reason, she figured she should probably go and greet him. The redhead entered the kitchen in time to see him making himself a glass of water, and she found herself smiling. At least they hadn't freaked him out too badly the prior evening. "Good morning, Oliver. Did you sleep all right?" she queried as she walked past him and opened the fridge. "I don't usually get to make breakfast this early, but since someone else is awake, I don't have to starve. My younger daughter rarely gets up before noon, and then only because Mische is tired of being locked in her room by then, so we likely won't be seeing her for a while." She flashed him a grin as she pulled out a carton of eggs, butter for said eggs to cook in, and some bacon. "I'm not sure if you like eggs or bacon, but if you do, how do you like them cooked?"

-----

xxxxxThough it was definitely nearing midday, the strawberry blonde lay upon her bed like one dead. She had ended up on her stomach, both arms tucked beneath the pillow her head was cushioned upon, and her feet were somewhat crossed over each other. It was bright in the room, the sun filtering in through the blinds and making patterns over the bed and floor. However, there was one being awake in the room, and said being was ready to roam the house. Mische mewed and jumped off her perch on the window sill before jumping up onto the bed. Walking along her owner's back, she made her way to the strawberry blonde girl's head, mewing once more. The girl's eyes were still closed, but her brows were furrowing in confusion, signalling she was, indeed, being pulled from her enjoyable slumber. Mische mewed again, lightly batting at the girl's nose before rubbing her head against the girl's forehead. Libbey made a slightly pathetic whining noise that was answered with another mewl from her cat, and she opened her eyes, blinking them wearily. "Ugh. I'm up, Mische," she croaked, relishing in the feel of her warm bed for a moment before pushing herself up and into a sitting position. She rubbed at her eyes with a yawn and stretched a little. Feeling like her job was accomplished, Mische jumped off the side of the bed and proceeded to wait in front of the bedroom door.

xxxxxWith a sigh, the girl pushed a hand through her strawberry blonde locks before forcing her feet to the side of the bed, and making herself get up. Mische watched her intently as she stumbled to the door, and when it was opened, the cat made herself scarce rather quickly. With a wince, Libbey continued out of her room and into the bathroom, doing all the necessary morning routines of a human, including brushing her teeth and making an attempt to brush her hair with her fingers because she was still half-asleep and didn't feel like looking for her hairbrush. Deciding she looked decent enough for her family, she exited the bathroom and started down the stairs, still in a partially-asleep state of mind. She ran into her mother and Nicole in the kitchen, both of them in front of the sink, discussing Nicole's plans for hanging out with Grayson that day, which wasn't a huge surprise. Nicole made a face at her sister's slightly unkempt state, but otherwise said nothing in greeting -- which, again, was not a surprise.

xxxxx"Ah, and my younger daughter emerges in her pajamas. I see Mische decided to wake you up a little earlier today. You managed to be up before noon," her mother commented, grinning when all Libbey did was glare weakly at her and proceed to the fridge. She found the carton of Yoohoo and set it on the counter before grabbing a cup and pouring the Yoohoo in there. "So are you planning on eating breakfast or lunch?" It was far too early after Libbey's rising for civil conversation, so the mumbled response her mother received was unintelligible and sounded quite like a garbled mess as the teen returned the carton of Yoohoo to its proper place in the refrigerator before grabbing her cup and taking a sip of her chocolate drink. She moaned softly as the flavors exploded across her tongue. She just needed a couple more minutes to fully wake up, and then she'd be able to engage in proper conversation and not just faces and incoherent murmurs.

|| ooc: I wasn't sure where you wanted Oliver to be, so I left this as open as possible. In my mind, Kelsey probably just talked with Oliver and got to know him a little better. Probably shared some embarrassing stories about Libbey, and most likely told him that she worked as a fifth grade teacher, while her father is an engineer. If he ran into Nicole at some point, she may or may not have flirted, depending on if her mother was there. What he did after he finished breakfast is entirely up to you. c: ||

io3121

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces