[FIN] Identical Arrangements; Important Changes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:58 am
"Really?" Aulus' brows raised in pleased surprise. "Nice, I expected it to take longer than that for some reason. Okay, I'll fry." The heat went on and oil went into the pan. While he waited for it to heat up Aulus looked idly around the kitchen. "It feels like an operating theatre in here," he observed with a flash of a frown. "It's all very... well it's clean but there's no character." It belonged to everyone, and so it belonged to nobody. No individual stamp, nobody planning plants and pictures for it. He didn't know why that made him feel vaguely sad, maybe because this was probably it for him. Unless he managed to get promoted again it was one room and one shared bathroom for him for the rest of his life. He'd never been into décor or any of that but he'd always kind of assumed he'd have his own place one day and that he'd get to make it the way he liked things, whatever that turned out to be.

"Still, it's got everything we need." He supposed that would have to do.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:49 am
"Yep; ordinarily it would- I mean, some cactus plants don't even flower for... well, years, naturally. Deserts aren't exactly the best place to encourage speedy growth... We're not exactly, uh... strangers to accelerating growth in living things though." Tambrey grinned. "It'll still take about 3 weeks to grow to a comfortable, functional stage- and after that, who knows how long without repeated stimulant, but, yep. Three weeks, glowing cactus." She sounded pretty confident in it, talking while she got to work on the noodles.
"It does a bit," she agreed "kind of lab-like, actually, just... for food..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:50 am
"Heh, food lab. Well I can live with that, I can pretend to be a scientist," Aulus said as he tossed half a fine-chopped chilli into the now lightly smoking oil. It hissed and spat in a satisfying manner and after a few moments of stirring he tossed in the onions and the tougher veg that would need slightly longer. "And... you can pretend to... to be a different kind of scientist," he continued, his words slightly halting as he focused on tossing the stir fry. "The possibilities are probably endless." In with the rest of the veg, then a bit of soy sauce.

"And I suppose I should have expected that, I mean that you can make it grow fast," he added after a moment of thought. The labs were after all quite capable of creating full grown pokemon at any stage of evolution, if you had the cash to pay for the specimen you wanted.  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:40 pm
"Well, cooking is really just a form of chemistry, after all..." Tambrey grinned "So, I guess we're culinary chemists today?"

She stirred and nodded thoughtfully.
"Well. Fast, yes... I mean... Theoretically, we could probably speed up the process and have -something- done in a matter of days, but it would probably be shortlived and unstable... You'd probably have glowing cactus-mush instead after a week or so... But three weeks for stability... Not including the days it'll take to get a viable seed, I guess... But still, not much more than three weeks."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:40 pm
"Iiiiiii think I'll wait the three weeks," Aulus said, brows raised high as he contemplated the idea of cactus slime; not what he wanted. "And here's to culinary chemistry I guess? Well it's smelling good anyway, I don't think it needs a lot longer." Stir frying really was a wonderful invention; fast, delicious, and healthy!  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff