A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
FR/LG Starters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which FR/LG starter are you going to use?
Charmander!
55%
 55%  [ 19 ]
Squirtle!
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Bulbasaur!
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
I'm a lousy good for nothing sharker ... I'll be using something else.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 34

Trumpster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:10 am
pocketmonstercrazy
I'm a fire type player too. I love the Arcanine and the Charizards are so cute and cool.

My favorite type is fighting because of the accuracy and power of their moves and the large number of hard to hurt types that they are effective against. but even with the amazing number of reasons to like fighting I still think fire is a close second and I am really annoyed at never having arcanine. I had the blue version and the yellow version and I believe it was on neither. sad I also had a hard time getting vulpix because I didn't learn until really late that you had to get it using the game corner. at least you did on the yellow version I think.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:56 pm
i dont know if im gonna it or not...parents *sigh* so annoying..  

Miiki Akura

PastelSheepie

Mewling Kitten

9,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:15 pm
i use to have a shiny beedrill till i restarted and forgot about it! crying then there was my shiny mudkip in my sapphire..which i found quite amzingly lucky of me! eek surprised whee and then there ish the shiny squirtle i have..to bad i restarted and forgot about it! crying  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:42 am
If I had to pick one I would pick charmander, but me and Tejin are going to repeatedly restart one of our games and trade over starters for random wild pokemon untill we can have male and female of each starter on both games, just like we did in Ru/Sa. That way we don't need so many people to trade with early game. Luckily things can be breed now so it will be much easier to get complete pokèdex through trading because people are more willing to trade when they can breed a ton of snorlax or kabuto. I wan't charmander mostly because it would mean my rival has squirtle and because charmander is the hardest starter to complete the gym challenges with due to type, and because of some of the new move variety it has. Yay for Metal Claw, Wing Attack, Focus Punch, and Blastburn charizards!  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

JAPANIMEK

4,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:06 am
peggyli76
i use to have a shiny beedrill till i restarted and forgot about it! crying then there was my shiny mudkip in my sapphire..which i found quite amzingly lucky of me! eek surprised whee and then there ish the shiny squirtle i have..to bad i restarted and forgot about it! crying

you need a new memory!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:15 am
*grins* I put Leaf green on my christmas list...Come Christmas morning, I'll be off adventuring in Kanto again!

.....though, I'm probably gonna be stuck in Pewter for a long, long time...*sighs*  

Aoi Hikari

Romantic Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Fischer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:39 pm
I usually start with Bulbasaur. I did it on the original game, so I got sort of attached to him. ninja
Besides, he's probably the best to start with, if you're worried about the first two gym leaders.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:56 pm
What the hell did I start with again? I can't even remember. I'm in Ru/Sa mode. That's my fav. versions. Can you guess why? xd

Anyway, I'm still planning what pokemon I'm gonna get. I don't usually catch any pokemon other than what I'll use to battle the gym leaders and I train the heck out of those 6. Since I've never finished a game, that's my first priority over collecting all the pokemon. sweatdrop

Shiny starter? I've never even gotten a female starter!!! crying The only shiney I've ever encountered/caught other than red gyarados was a shiny whismur. But I never understood the whole shiny thing, so when I evolved it, I thought it didn't evolve into a shiny because it wasn't pink/green like whismur. sweatdrop I also think I caught a shiney spheal unawares. I always though that the stars appeared because I used a net ball to catch it. eek I guess it wasn't that at all. Well, both of those shiney pokemon are gone now, restarted away into oblivion.

I think I'll begin restarting to get a female starting in ru/sa or fr/lg. But how do you do that? Do you save right before you choose the pokemon and keep shutting off and turning on from that point until the pokemon shows up as shiny? Or do you have to keep clicking "New Game" and go through that whole opening sequence of events over and over and over and over...?  

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:17 pm
CPanda

I think I'll begin restarting to get a female starting in ru/sa or fr/lg. But how do you do that? Do you save right before you choose the pokemon and keep shutting off and turning on from that point until the pokemon shows up as shiny? Or do you have to keep clicking "New Game" and go through that whole opening sequence of events over and over and over and over...?
I'll be doing the New Game option with Crystal just so I can get a female Chikarita. I need to put it through a breeding chain once I get the Time Trading Machine open so it can learn Leach Seed, so I NEED a female Chikarita when I start Cyrstal.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:10 pm
My starter in Leaf Green, Charmander, was a female. That was on my first try too! I guess I just got real lucky. I wasn't trying for it or anything. I didn't even think about it, or notice it, until later, then I was like O_O Cool.  

Vickicat

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100

ultraraichu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:42 pm
Vickicat
My starter in Leaf Green, Charmander, was a female. That was on my first try too! I guess I just got real lucky. I wasn't trying for it or anything. I didn't even think about it, or notice it, until later, then I was like O_O Cool.

that the samething that happen with my LG but instead it was a female bulbasaur. what are the odds smile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:15 pm
I started with a Charmander. Did we expect less of the Fire Trainer?  

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Inazuman Frash

Unbeatable Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:19 pm
took me a while to get a female charmander.

Also took me a while to get a female Snorlax named "Big Mama"
X_x'  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:43 pm
ultraraichu
Vickicat

that the samething that happen with my LG but instead it was a female bulbasaur. what are the odds smile

And same here. I needed a female, shiney Charmander, since I was trying to get one of my main RP character's team and it was my first try, too. I was like, "... Wow.. Awesome."

I also got a female Typhlosion in my Gold version. 3nodding Aside from FR, it's the only game I've never, ever restarted. Ever.

And I think just saving before you choose your Starters works because, in Crystal, when you take the Dragon Master's Quiz and then come back, I saved right before he gave me the Dratini and I kept restarting it 'til I got a female one.

But be warned, there's only a thirty percent chance of getting a female Starter, so you might have to restart quite a few times...

Neth__Exactly! Yay for Fire-Types. : DDD

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Fischer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:57 pm
Alexa-sama

But be warned, there's only a thirty percent chance of getting a female Starter, so you might have to restart quite a few times...

Neth__Exactly! Yay for Fire-Types. : DDD

If it's a thiry percent chance, wouldn't four times be enough?  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff