14,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:45 pm
Statler Olszewski
Also a Scientist
"What is going on?!"
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I have no idea what you are talking about. it is frightening me.

he looked around and found nitroglycerin and milk. He purchased them very quickly

SHALL WE GO?!

Destinysway

The Offspring Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:38 pm
User ImageJade Balfour“I am the only one with can mess with her!” User Image

They rode into town, after insisting that she would ride with him and save the other horse for the saddle bags to carry the cargo they needed back home to the shrine. Jade relented. He found it amusing, here was another way to tease her. He poked her sides, eliciting a defensive twitch and a jab from an elbow. "You aren't going to forget anything while we are here, are you Lotus?"

Finally fed up, Lotus elbowed him hard in the ribs, one elbow at a time. "You will be protecting me." Jade pulled the reins to a halt in his agony of pain, biting back the retort that rose in him. "Also to do the heavy lifting as I can't."

Jade dismounted and turned to help Lotus down, but before her feet could ever touch the ground, he dropped Lotus, and she landed with a solid thud next to the horses belly on her bottom. "For someone who can hit hard, you can do some heavy lifting." He felt his ribs throb.

Lotus got to her feet, dusted her robes off and straitened her back. "If I were to break something, then you can forget about eating and take the fast to a whole another level cause I wouldn't be able to make it to the kitchen to do the cooking." Lotus rose on her toes so she was closer and in his face. "What then? All you'll probably do is cook rice and eat fruit and that's it. Cause of that incompetence, it'll take longer for my body to heal with out the proper nutrition."

A gleam glimmered in his eye and he brought her closer, nearing her lips but pulled away. "Why do you make it so fun to tease you?" Jade laughed at her blush and since she didn't have a broom to chase him with this time, Lotus yanked his spear free from the saddle ties and pointed the sharp tip at him. "I believe my dear, If I die, then who is going to protect you, this is my weapon, and you left the point guard on it." He slid around and took it from her weak hold. Jade patted her head and fastened the spear, tip down from his right shoulder to his left foot. "You came into town to shop, didn't you?"

Lotus silently fumed, this jerk was here to protect her, not to make fun of her. Once she gets back home, she'll write a letter asking for another bodyguard, to his family. Then she'll be the one laughing as he is replaced.

“I am searching for someone in my past.”Lotus Yuki-Ai

LotusCurtiss

Fashionable Powerhouse

LotusCurtiss

Fashionable Powerhouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:46 pm

Jade followed silently behind Lotus, he often found it hard to believe that this young woman in front of him had become more bold. He shook his head in remembrance, she had come long from being the shy, timid and frightened child she had once been. Yet, it all she could remember was waking up after falling from a cliff face, her name, who she is, and a Mana name. Everything else, the time they had spent together, he waking to find her asleep in his bed, and when he lost her years ago. Oh, he couldn't wait to sink his revenge into the Aggregation. Their persistence in chasing her down cost the memories she once had. He felt a name form on his tongue, could he speak it? Call out to her like he once did? He opened his mouth but closed it when her beautiful, stained blue glass eyes turned to him.

"What do you think?" Lotus was holding a pair of moonstone earrings to her lobes.

"Aren't priestess supposed to leave worldly things behind?" He scoffed.

"Jade, unless you have forgotten, there is the temple festival coming up -another reason for the fast- so it doesn't hurt to indulge myself in something beautiful every now and then." She turned to admiring herself in the mirror.

"No, I think that the green ones would suit you better, then again...none of them do." He shrugged and crossed his arms with a sigh. He expected a glare but Lotus put them down next to their matching necklace and bracelet, said thank you and left the stand. 'Maybe I was a little too harsh.' He looked at the matching set then at Lotus's retreating back as she went to a hairpin stand.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out the largest coin to hand to the vendor. The vendor smiled and silently wrapped up the set, not before revealing a ornate hairpin and broach and commenting that a girl needs the complete matching set. That this was also a priestess choice in stone for festivals to wear. Jade tucked the pouch away safely then hurried after her as she had already moved onto the fabrics.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:02 am
Ralph "Ryu" Hinds

Scientist

"Umm...that doesn't seem right...Oh well.."

User Image

He nodded...

We shoulllld...but I feel we aren't done here...there are more people that have appeared since we got here first...you think they are spying on us?

he said talking about the girl and the guy...

LotusCurtiss

Twitchylessthanthree

Ackalopejay
Vice Captain

Obsessive OTP

14,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Tvvitchy
Captain

Fluffy Sweetheart

14,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:02 pm
Statler Olszewski
Also a Scientist
"What is going on?!"
Statler's eyes widened at the two more people

OH dear! what do we do!? there are many people left alive here!

he paused

oh wait that's not what i meant

LotusCurtiss

The Offspring Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:04 pm

Jade's ears peaked at the two males comment, and he kept his hand still and ready to grab his spear off of his back. In a single twitch of a muscle, he could have Lotus in his arms and back to the horses and riding home to the temple. They only came down to the city to shop in the market place for food, planting seeds and gardening tools, as well as fabric and bathing stuff. Only a couple times he got into a spat and that was it, he was always the victor.

Under his breath, he mumbled a small spell and was ready to release it at the command words. For now, he'll just follow Lotus, look natural but always ready, keeping his draw hand still and a spell ready.

"I'll get about seven yards of this fabric and five of this one, oh and ten yards of that ribbon. Three spools of string and another box of sewing needles." Lotus, blissfully unaware, kept on selecting fabric. The bells tied in her hair jingled every time she leaned over and the ones on her priestess cloths tinkled when she shuffled or moved.

'She's lucky that I am the aware one right now.' He smoothed a wrinkle out of his shoulder that had settled into his military uniform. Unsightly little bugger. He kept a trained ear on the two males. 'We are only here to shop then leave once done.' He sighed to himself.

The market place is always bustling with people coming and going.

LotusCurtiss

Fashionable Powerhouse

Mutual Friends

Chatty Poster

8,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:58 pm
User Image
Where: Marketplace
With: Gerolt and others
Thoughts: It's tempting but...
OutOfCake: I thought I'd post first.

┈┈┈┈ ┈┈┈┈ ┈┈┈┈
After trudging through the swamp for what seemed like hours on end, the pair finally made it to the edges of town. From the looks of of it, this part of town was exactly where they needed to be which was the well known Marketplace. Hordes of people crowded the streets, going this way and that, and didn't seem to notice the two. Chiyo and Gerolt had come out in an empty alleyway at the moment and out of sight from the common folk that walked along the busy cobblestone road. The smell of steaming bread and fresh fruit traveled through the air and she smiled, nearly drooling at good it smelt. She turned back around to Gerolt and said, "Let's take this nice and slow okay? Don't want to draw too much attention to ourselves. It will be hard to blend in easily when it's broad daylight, but were going to have to take that chance if we want something to eat." With that, Chiyo cautiously stepped forward and out of the darkness and out into the street. She encouraged Gerolt by ushering him forward with a wave of her hand before heading towards one of the many vendors who inhabited the Marketplace.

Chiyo wandered on over a particular booth, one that was overflowing with all kinds of food, and stared in amazement at it. A rather burly woman with long red hair glanced over at her and chuckled in amusement at the young-looking girl. "Anything you see that is to your liking darling?" The woman asked, hands on her hips. "Ah...yes, there's just so much to choose from..." Chiyo responded coolly, still marveled by all the food that lay in her wake. It was so easy to just grab it and run away from the lady as it wouldn't be difficult for her to 'disappear' in the large crowd of people. Then again, though, she didn't want to be caught stealing with Gerolt since she wasn't sure if he was okay with that with him being a worry wart and all. Instead, she waited patiently for him to catch up to her, knowing that her bright green hair would stick out in the cluster and would be easy for him to locate.

┈┈┈┈ ┈┈┈┈ ┈┈┈┈

If you love me let me go / If you love me let me go
‘Cause these words are knives and often leave scars
The fear of falling apart / And truth be told, I never was yours
The fear, the fear of falling apart

SecretThunder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:59 pm
Ralph "Ryu" Hinds

Scientist

User Image

Ralph looked at the two and nodded...

Many people indeed...

He said going off of Statler's first thought...he noticed that they didn't seem threatening...but he wouldn't know what to say to them...

It seem like it'd be another day to meet them...just...another day...

he said slowly and mysterious...

LotusCurtiss

Twitchylessthanthree

Ackalopejay
Vice Captain

Obsessive OTP

14,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Tvvitchy
Captain

Fluffy Sweetheart

14,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:00 pm
Statler Olszewski
Also a Scientist
"What is going on?!"
Statler raised his finger as if he was going to say something then ran out and back to the library

~exit

LotusCurtiss

The Offspring Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:11 pm
Ralph "Ryu" Hinds

Scientist

User Image

Ralph followed

*exits*

Ackalopejay
Vice Captain

Obsessive OTP

14,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

SecretThunder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:39 pm
Mutual Friends

User Image

<>Gerolt Ravencroyft<>
The Cold Hermit
" The forest is silent only because it wants you to feel calm..."
---------------------<>---------------------

When the bustling marketplace of the town came into view Gerolt became a tad more nervous. It was a lot more crowded then he thought it would be. Gerolt and Chiyo took shelter briefly in an alleyway, he cautiously looked out into the crowd a bit amazed. He could smell a large assortment of amazing foods but also blood. Though no one was wounded so it wasn't strong he could smell all the blood inside the many people occupying the market streets. The smell was a gentle tease to the Wendigo. But it was a weak scent and could easily be resisted by Gerolt. Chiyo gave Gerolt a small briefing on how things were going to go. The few times he had come to the town he remembered only being looked at suspiciously a few times. Though his antlers are obvious many people just assume they are attached to some sort of accessory. Following Chiyo's lead and without saying anything due to a nervous lack of words he stepped into the open streets.

Chiyo picked a large varied food stand that carried all sorts of things like meats, breads, fruits and vegetables and other assorted foods. The amount of food was a bit baffling, it made Gerolt's stomach growl even more. Gerolt listened to Chiyo speak with the lady at the stand. He didn't know why but he felt Chiyo might be ready to steal something from the stand. Gerolt didn't really mind much it's just that his horns stood out so well it would be easy to track him down. Gerolt didn't want to take any chances, it would be wiser to pay for the food. Luckily Gerolt had his hermit money, wandering unexplored land for so long does have it's perks. He reached behind him to a side pocket of his travelling backpack and pulled out a small but heavy satchel. He rummaged his hand into the bag and pulled out a sizeable chunk of gold. It was about the size of a golf ball and it was no fool's gold that's for sure. He gently offered the chunk of gold to the vendor " Uh... c-could I get something with this?" he asked the woman running the stand sheepishly. He had no idea what the value of gold was or anything for that matter. Gerolt's bag contained other chunks of gold, various coins, a few precious gems, and some jewellery.

<>----------------------------------------<>
" The cold menacing danger will wait until you feel comfortable to strike"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:04 pm

He relaxed slightly as the two men scuttled off somewhere. Oh what could he tease Lotus with next. He stopped when a burly man placed a bag of rice in his arms, followed by a box of tea.

"Do we really need this much?" He asked a numerical sorts, since as of a while, he and Lotus had been the only ones living in the shrine. The miko's left to another shrine, closer to home, run by other military families.

"Well, since we are fasting by eating half of the daily serving, its going to stretch our reserves." Lotus was tucking the smaller parcels into the basket that was on her back. "And I am doing heavy lifting." With a little ease, she picked up the basket and put it on her back.

He sighed then hurried back to the horses to tie them up. He pressed a hand to his pocket, feeling the matching jewelry set he had bought earlier. Then hastened back to Lotus. Trying to figure how to give it to her with sarcastic style.

LotusCurtiss

Fashionable Powerhouse

Mutual Friends

Chatty Poster

8,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:33 am
User Image
Where: In the middle of the Marketplace, at the the water fountain.
With: Gerolt and other civilians
Thoughts: Silly for me to think I'd be stealing...
OutOfCake:

┈┈┈┈ ┈┈┈┈ ┈┈┈┈
The woman held out a small basket for her, a free one, and told her to start picking out stuff that she wanted. She nodded and was about to reach out to a large loaf of bread when Gerolt appeared beside her. He started to rummage around in his backpack, digging around there for something, and she leaned closer to see what it was. What he pulled out made her gasp and cup her small hand over her mouth, amazed at the piece of gold he held in his hand. Being utterly speechless, she wasn't sure what to say to him as he showed the vendor the golden metal.

The woman looked just as surprised as Chiyo and her gaze traveled up from the gold, to Gerolt, and back to the gold again. Regaining her composure after several minutes, the woman bobbed her head, quickly, and stuttered, "Sir, are you not aware how much that one piece of gold is? You could nearly everything at my store for that beauty!" At the word 'gold', some nosy people looked their way, some even crowding around the oblivious pair. An array of baffled civilians started to whisper among them, saying things like 'He sure does have a big pay load there...how did he manage to get that?' or 'Oh man, I wish I could get some of his gold!' Chiyo, finally getting her voice back, turned back towards the newcomers, a annoyed scowl on her face, and growled at them. "Alright, alright, nothing to see here folks. Be on your way now." Grumbling the people moved back into the crowd, cursing under their breathes on how they were going to get back at her for that. Not that she cared, though, as by the time they were done paying, they'd already be out of sight before they got a chance.

Thinking better of her loud proposal before, the woman leaned closer to the pair and accepted the gold from him, speaking quietly this time. "Take what you want. This will be enough for anything you want here. " Chiyo said nothing in return and grabbed whatever the medium-sized basket could carry, filling it to the top with fruits, bread, and a couple rations of meat for the two to share. With a nod of her head and a small thank you from Chiyo, she grabbed Gerolt's wrist and tugged him away from the woman with surprising strength, despite her smaller size. The two pushed through the crowd of people, Chiyo paying no attention to their remarks, until they came upon the town square that resided in the middle of the marketplace. There, she released his wrist, and wandered over to the water fountain. Chiyo took a seat on one of the empty benches that was in front of it, putting the full basket in her lap. Glancing over at Gerolt, a curious look in her eyes, she shook her head and chuckled. "How in the world did you get that much gold Gerolt? It's hardly seen around here..." Chiyo asked lightly, reaching down and pulling out a bit of bread from the basket. And how could you not possibly know how much it was worth in a city like this? , she thought, smiling to herself.

User Image

┈┈┈┈ ┈┈┈┈ ┈┈┈┈

If you love me let me go / If you love me let me go
‘Cause these words are knives and often leave scars
The fear of falling apart / And truth be told, I never was yours
The fear, the fear of falling apart

SecretThunder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:59 pm
Mutual Friends

User Image

<>Gerolt Ravencroyft<>
The Cold Hermit
" The forest is silent only because it wants you to feel calm..."
---------------------<>---------------------

Gerolt became tense as a crowd developed near him all flocking over to see the precious metal he had used as payment. Gerolt did not understand why such a metal would be so valuable; it made him really nervous how much attention it attracted. The scent of blood faintly grew as the people gathered; he could smell blood pumping beneath the skin of the shoppers. He tried to ignore them all by staring at the ground in front of him blankly. Thankfully Chiyo shooed the shoppers away and Gerolt sighed from relief, he hated crowds. The lady at the stand said that with the chunk of gold they had enough to get anything they wanted. Chiyo didn’t hesitate to grab everything she could, Gerolt on the other hand slowly picked out what looked best. Before he could finish his decisions she grabbed him by the wrist and started to pull him away. He didn’t mind his shopping being interrupted he didn’t really like making decisions anyway. Gerolt didn’t expect such strength from Chiyo, he had to keep up the pace if he didn’t want to be dragged.

Chiyo led Gerolt to a new area by a fountain. When Gerolt was let go of he took a moment to pause and enjoy beautiful centerpiece fountain. After a moment of dazed admiration he snapped out of it and followed Chiyo again who had sat down on a bench. Gerolt slipped his arms out of the backpack straps and put his large heavy travelling backpack on the ground leaning against the bench. He stretched his back before nervously taking a seat on the bench beside Chiyo. Upon Chiyo's question Gerolt turned to face her and looked a bit puzzled " I uh... had no idea gold was so valuable... By the way thanks for getting rid of that crowd earlier..." he paused for a moment scratching his head near his antler " I wander and travel so much you find all sorts of things... Gold reserves in sand, hidden stashes... and uh... I don't know" he said seeming a bit more dodgy at the end of his explanation. The real reason why he had so many valuables wasn't something he'd gladly talk about. He took a large chunk of raw meat he had taken from the stand and sunk his surprisingly sharp teeth into it. He ripped off some of the meat and ate it raw. It satisfied his own hunger and his Wendigo cravings slightly.

<>----------------------------------------<>
" The cold menacing danger will wait until you feel comfortable to strike"

SecretThunder

LotusCurtiss

Fashionable Powerhouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:14 pm

A huge commotion commenced and Jade let a trained ear fall on the noise and ruckus being made. There was no need to depart from Lotus' side. He let his elven blood kick in. Gold? Darn right, its a precious metal. The tip of his ears had a solid gold band on them that he kept hidden by his hair. And the bells Lotus wore were gold as well, though they were seen as an accessory and not metal. He could feel his family crest signet weigh heavily on his left heart finger.

He took a step closer to Lotus even though the crowed had lessened, forgetting what to tease Lotus about, Jade could smell her flowery soap wafting from her dark locks. The spell was prepared but he canceled it and began a new one. He smiled, why not cause a little trouble for himself. Whispering the command word, a gust of wind whipped through the marketplace and Jade wrapped his arms about Lotus to anchor her down since she really is a light creature to begin with.

Under his tongue, he blew a whistle unheard by human ears and the wind began to gust through with more fervor than before. He shielded Lotus from the dust. People began to disperse and some vendors slammed their doors shut to keep their merchandise from blowing away. He continued to blow on the whistle for a while then quit. The gust coming to slow stop.

"At least you didn't forget to turn your face into my shoulder to keep the dust out of your eyes." He laughed as a pouting face looked up at him. "Though....seeing you fly away would be most humorous." Jade smirked as he continued to chuckle away at her face growing red.

"What ever." Lotus pushed him away but found her legs giving out as she sank to the ground. "I really can't stand." Lotus could feel herself tremble, she couldn't describe it. "Looks like my legs are out of commission." Her voice grew quiet.

"Guess its time to go home." Jade leaned over and picked her up, slinging the straw basket onto his left shoulder and holding Lotus in his left arm. "We can return another time if you didn't get everything you needed."

Looks like I shook her up real good. This sweet angel of mine. Jade began to walk back to the horses.

SecretThunder
MutualFriends

Main City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out