Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
Update! Pics added Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felina75

Cheery Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:45 pm
Emm-Kaye
Been too busy with work and regular life stuff to be able to do much crafting, of any kind.
Hopefully this weekend, I'll be able to get back into it!
As it gets cooler, crafting becomes my main stay for activities. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:17 pm
Felina75
As it gets cooler, crafting becomes my main stay for activities. heart
Strangely, I seem to be in the mood to knit when it's hot out, rather than when having a mass of knitting in your lap would help keep you warm. Go figure.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:21 pm
I saw the coolest thing over the weekend, and I really want to try it!

A lady had made a peyote stitch bracelet using small silver colored nuts (the kind you use with bolts or screws) and it looked great!
(I would have liked to take a picture of it, but don't think she would have appreciated that.)
I'm going to have to pick up some bolts the next time I get to a hardware store, and give it a try.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:36 pm
Our local Chamber of Commerce has asked businesses to buy & decorate wooden 'train cars' for display in the park. They will be voted on and the winning company gets a donation to the charity of their choice.

We got the plywood cutout 'train car' today (it's about 4 feet tall, and 3 1/2 feet wide), and our decorating committee met for the first time, to decide how to decorate it.

While I actually think it will be cute, personally I disagree with the theme choice our committee made - not really in the true holiday spirit. It will be very funny, but I seriously doubt we'll win.
It's kind of a cross between "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" and "Christmas Vacation" - they couldn't decide if Grandma should get run over, or if it should be 'Grandma's Revenge', and the reindeer gets run over.

Like I said, funny, but...  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:40 pm
Spent the best weekend, visiting family!
Thursday afternoon until this afternoon - none of us really wanted me to leave today, either, but I do have work in the morning.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:25 pm
This weekend, I'm knitting a hat as a Christmas gift for a co-worker. Found an extremely simple, but pretty quick-knit pattern, and I think she'll love it.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:00 pm
I have GOT to remember to take pics of the things I make before I give them away (getting them completed earlier might help...lol).

The scarf (instead of hat) I made my friend at work went over great!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:18 am
Today I plan to knit - for 3 reasons:
1. I want to finish my sweater,
2. The current temp outside is 5 above 0,
3. Even with the thermostat set at 75 it's only 66 in the house!

I'm sitting here with a shawl on, just to not freeze - having my knitting in my lap will help keep me warm.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:04 pm
My friend gave me a wonderful Christmas Present - a subscription to Bead and Button Magazine.
I got my first issue this past weekend, and I think I'm going to be doing quite a bit more beading!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:38 pm
Got a commission at work to knit a baby blanket for someone. Looking up patterns now.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:53 pm
Found a very nice baby blanket using a knitting loom (which I happen to have been given a couple of years ago).
Got it started.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:16 pm
Hey, Emm-Kaye! That sounds great. I hope it turns out the way you want it to. I hope you'll take pics of blanket. How was your holidays?  

Felina75

Cheery Conversationalist

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:17 pm
Felina75
Hey, Emm-Kaye! That sounds great. I hope it turns out the way you want it to. I hope you'll take pics of blanket. How was your holidays?
Thanks, I intend to take pics of in progress & finished.
I had to watch the video of the pattern I'm using multiple times, and tear it out multiple times. Haven't used a knitting loom before, and it's completely different than knitting with needles. Managed to confuse myself & go backwards a couple of times when I lost track of what direction I'd been going...tearing out loom knitting is not much harder than tearing out needle knitting.
Don't have much done yet, but the plan is to seriously work on it this weekend, since another friend found out I was doing one, and asked me to make one for a mutual friend.

I had a wonderful Christmas - I wound up staying the night at my family's place, because of the snow storm. (They have a very comfortable couch.) Luckily, I did have Friday off, since I didn't get home until almost 7pm.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:43 pm
Emm-Kaye
Felina75
Thanks, I intend to take pics of in progress & finished.
I had to watch the video of the pattern I'm using multiple times, and tear it out multiple times. Haven't used a knitting loom before, and it's completely different than knitting with needles. Managed to confuse myself & go backwards a couple of times when I lost track of what direction I'd been going...tearing out loom knitting is not much harder than tearing out needle knitting.
Don't have much done yet, but the plan is to seriously work on it this weekend, since another friend found out I was doing one, and asked me to make one for a mutual friend.

I had a wonderful Christmas - I wound up staying the night at my family's place, because of the snow storm. (They have a very comfortable couch.) Luckily, I did have Friday off, since I didn't get home until almost 7pm.
I understand. I found a crochet pattern for a hooded scarf that I made for my daughter. She loves rainbows so I picked out this really colorful yarn. Well, I ended up reading the pattern wrong and I read RS as wrong side. emotion_facepalm I attached the hood part at the beginning and it was on the WS. I could just about cry. But she says she loves it and I don't think I'll be taking out any time soon. lol. With the mix of colors it's hard to tell.

I'm glad you had a good Christmas. I did too. The kids exchanged gifts this year and the adults didn't, so we were able to save some money this season. Anyway, it was more fun watching them open gifts then try to fake a smile when you receive a gift you don't like. lol.

Hang in there! You're always learning while you make mistakes and then you're less likely to make them again. emotion_bigheart  

Felina75

Cheery Conversationalist

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:15 pm
Felina75
Hang in there! You're always learning while you make mistakes and then you're less likely to make them again. emotion_bigheart
Thank you! I love to learn new things.

A long time ago, I worked with a gal who said "Once you learn something new, you get to go home." (Too bad she was joking.) wink

To this day, I still try to learn or do something new as early in the day as possible, because of the sense of accomplishment. It's kind of an "Ah Ha! Learned something! *smug* I could go home now, but I won't." moment.

Sometimes it's a simple thing, like how to make coffee in the fancy new coffee pot at work. Sometimes it's harder, like a new job or task assigned, a new craft or recipe to try, or the like. Regardless, I still try to learn something each day.  
Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff