[FIN] Being Better Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:56 am
Tortie laughed despite the pain of the fire that scorched her fur and and flesh. The Absol's horn started to glow again, this time a bright orange yellow. When the light was so bright as to be painful to look at Tortie charged forward with Giga Impact.

Aulus rolled his eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:03 am
Sissy narrowed her eyes. She dodged it. Just barely but her marshmallow body bounced out of the way. If tortie just turned on a dime and attacked again it would be a dead on hit.

Kailee wasnt sure what to do... recalling sissy would just make them pick this back up at a very inconvenient time.So she was going with sissy wanted to fight... tortie wanted to fight... let them go. Although one look at Aulus and she could see he wasnt pleased with Tortie...or sissy.

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:14 am
"Okay that's enough." Aulus' tones were flat as he walked out onto the battlefield, apparently supremely confident that he wouldn't get flattened by some attack or other. Without pausing he moved over to where Tortie was recovering from the powerful attack and grabbed her by the horn, dragging her towards Sissy.

"Okay, this is how it's going to work," he said, his tones dropping now to a low growl as he knelt down to be on eye level with Sissy, his blood red eyes hard and hinting of something dangerous if he wasn't heeded. "You, Sissy, are going to damn well listen to Kailee or I will veto your right to go on this mission. You are an embarrassment to your trainer, but mainly you are an embarrassment to yourself; having no self control and thinking about nothing but yourself doesn't make you look like a badass, it makes you look like a petulant child. I don't give a flying ******** about your ego, or your's Tortie," he gave the Absol a shake by the horn for emphasis. "And as for you," he turned to glare into his own pokemon's eyes, "I thought a hell of a lot better of you than to get caught up in something like this. Sort yourself out or I'll take Red instead of you, she's got an ego the size of England but she can pack it in when it counts. Prove to me that you can too or that's that.

"Now," Aulus released Tortie's horn and shoved her backwards, glaring from her to Sissy, "have both of you got that or do I need to repeat myself?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:28 am
Sissy puffed up and put her little nubs on her hips. Being called an embarrassment wasnt what she had in mind today. Although those blood red eyes set her right into her place. Sooo maybe she was a little too rash. "Tuff..." It was as good of a sorry as he was gonna get though her aqua eyes traveled to Tortie. Nope in the long run this wasnt over... but for now she had to back off... She didnt want to sit in a ball for the whole time Kailee was off on a mission.

At the final Question Sissy nodded, albeit hesitantly... She understood but she wasnt gonna be happy about it...

Kailee piped up then. "Come back then..." She frowned looking a bit cross at her pokemon... her frowning face looked like a smile though compared to Aulus' So Sissy kinda trudged back over, raising a hand as she passed tortie, kailee frowned. "No!" Sissy put her hand down and the thunderbolt she was going to have done went back to nothing. She walked back to Kailee's side and plopped into a pouting sit. Kailee was contemplating the pokeball...but as long as sissy didnt do anything she was fine... "I guess that leaves one more match..."

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:36 am
Tortie hunched her shoulders and avoided Aulus' gaze but she did nod grudgingly.

"Right," Aulus muttered, standing up and dusting his hands off as he moved back to his mark, Tortie at his heels. Hopefully that was that dealt with for good, he didn't want to actually have to take any drastic action to sort things out.

"One more," he agreed with Kailee, reaching to his belt to pluck off Discord's pokeball and releasing the weirdly mutated Serperior onto the field. "Don't give me any s**t today, I haven't got the patience for it," he warned the grass type, who was currently tying himself in a knot.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:52 am
Kailee smiled though at the strange grass snake. Wasnt that the coolest pokemon ever. Although... that could be because she loved the genetic abnormalities. "That may be the most epic Serperior ive ever seen! Your up Anura!"

The small Charmander popped out of its pokeball. She glanced to the snake pokemon a fire dancing behind her eyes. "Right then! Just like i taught you!" The pokemon nodded and then released a dense Smokescreen.

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:58 am
"Ha, well he thinks so," Aulus replied with a shrug. "He was a lab experiment, they tested a whole bunch of mutations on him. When they were finished he was assigned to me." No need to tell Kailee the circumstances of that, to wit him calling an executive a communist b***h. Much as the Serperior had very much been a curse and a punishment at first however he had come a long way and was now an indispensable member of the team.

Discord chuckled as the dense smoke spilled forth. As he spoke the grass type let out a blinding Flash of light.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:09 am
Kailee smiled. "He has every right to think so! its very true." She smiled and nodded. "Well lucky you then!" She didnt like a lot of the practicing painful things on pokemon but it was part of her job so she did it. And with a smile too... But mostly she worked with zygotes and grew things... but that tended to take a while.

Anura didnt answer, she was too busy. She was using dig to try and get away. Going into the floor, that would magically be fixed at some point, Anura disappeared. And once the flash had cleared the smoke all that was there was a very confused looking Sissy.

Kailee had moved and hidden behind a post where she was muffling a giggle. This was what Anura was for. After a second to let him realize what they did she grinned coming out... "And we ran away... No fighting today!" She looked to Aulus for an opinion as Anura came up and jumped into Kailee's arms.

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:17 am
When Kailee came out Aulus' eyebrows were raised but he didn't look disapproving. "Useful skills," he said after a moment, confirming the statement with a nod. "Smokescreen has more uses than just concealment though; if you're ever on a break in mission you can use tiny puffs of it to check for laser-tripped alarms and such, or you can set off fire alarms as a diversion for example. Mmh, and that'll do for today. A better showing than last time... mainly." Sissy got a rather hard look at this point.

Calling Discord and Asgard - who had still been out watching - back to their pokeballs Aulus beckoned to Kailee. "Come over here, I've got something for you."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:22 am
Kailee smiled and snuggled Anura a bit closer. Way to make her proud. Kailee nodded. "Oh! thats very clever." Sissy puffed up at being glared at and Kailee just shook her head. Silly pokemon. However at the summons she frowned. Oh no! What had she done to deserve a write up! Thats all she could think that Aulus would want to give her. She moved Anura bouncing in her arms and Sissy followed.

"For me, Sir?"

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:27 am
"Yeah," Aulus replied succinctly as he reached into one of his pockets and took out a small slim pink box, a little larger than the average moible phone perhaps.

"It's a berry box," the Agent explained, holding it out with a scowl so that Kailee wouldn't think he was being nice. "I've stocked it with some basic ones for you, they'll keep until the mission. It's easier than carrying a bunch of cures, and it's pink so that you do carry it." He may have made assumptions about the sort of thing Kailee liked by her appearance but he tended to feel that it was safe to judge a book by its cover when you were judging what kind of dust jacket it might find acceptable, and that was probably stretching analogy but he didn't give a s**t about that and hadn't said it aloud anyway so it didn't matter.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:33 am
Kailee Flushed in surprise. "Oh! Its wonderful... Thank you!" She took it daintily and mused over it. Anura reaching out to look too. The scowl didnt do well to hide that this was indeed a very sweet gesture. "Thank you" She turned her bright blue eyes up to him with a grin. Scowl be damned. "I will indeed carry it... Especially since its pink! How did you know thats my favorite color?" Her tone said she was picking on him, well more herself.

She grinned. "I think its just the right size to carry pens in." That was a joke. Very much poorly timed but she was obviously joking none the less. She had already forgotten the last time she tried that and he seemed to shoot down those joyful moments. Well... third reprimand was the charm right?

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:39 am
Still scowling Aulus let out a short huff of breath; it was a long way from a laugh but it wasn't a reprimand. "Call it an educated guess," he replied, "and you can carry pens if you want but don't expect any sympathies if you ended up with burns, paralysis and poison you can't fix. There's a couple of berries for sleep there too, and freezing considering where we're going." She really was obviously trying and while you couldn't say 'well it's the thought that counts' when it came to missions.... Well he'd just do his best to keep an eye on her, that was all.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:47 am
She laughed softly. She took that huff to be what Aulus considered a laugh. Why not... He hadnt shown her he was capable of anything more then a genuine smile that one time... "Well it was well done..." She shook her head agreeing with him. "Understood. And dont expect sympathies when you need to write something down and do not have a pen." She nodded a devilish smile on her face. "In all seriousness... This means a lot to me... Thank you..." She grinned to Anura and then glanced back. "We will keep practicing... and sometime... Once Sissy truely understands that what i say goes... We should have another match! Im sure some time we can start winning!" She sounded hopeful. Well... -hopefully- aulus didnt hear that. She glanced to Sissy. "Come on you... we should get you back and cleaned up...Bye Au-Agent!"

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:54 am
"I have a word processor on my dex for that." Aulus folded his arms across his chest again, the closed body-language subconsciously defending him from Kailee's friendly manner; he didn't know how to deal with it and nor did he trust it. "I just want you to be prepared, I might have to rely on you after all.

"We'll have another match, after the mission," he added, but he didn't comment on her comment about winning.

Yes, they would have another match after the mission. They would come back from the mission. He would come back from the mission.

Aulus nodded curtly to Kailee's farewell and watched her go with his arms still crossed over his chest.

They were going to go in, complete the mission, and come back home. It would be fine... right?

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff