Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
Pubs are totally made for socialization [Finished ] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:31 pm
Red preened a bit more, She didn't care all that much for shiny stuff but a pretty lady bird might like a pretty thing to possess.

"Mmh." Aulus took another sip of his drink, it was about half gone already. Talking about this was.... It was kind of difficult because it was personal and because of all of his mixed and confused feelings. Refusing to say anything would really give all of that away though so he had to come up with something. "It's coming along," he replied, "robotics have the spec done and they're starting construction. Once they have the basic functions done it's going over to tech to have dex functions built into it, should be ready by mid December and by then I should - hopefully - be ready to learn to use it." Everything so far had gone fine but he couldn't help feeling sick with worry whenever he thought about it. What if it didn't work out? What would he do? He had been around and around and around this loop more than once a day since it had happened and he'd never found an answer he liked. He took another sip of his drink.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:41 pm
Howlback stretched and glided off her perch, seeking out something shiny for her collection, or some teenagers to scare the crap out of.

Lex snorted at his Dratini and wiggled his foot to tease the silly thing. "That is good." He lifted his drink and tossed the rest of it down, swallowing and turned the cup upside down, rolling it in salt. Martini glass. "So it going to have dex functions? Cool."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:58 pm
Red ran her beak along one last feather before dropping off after Howlback, yellow eyes intent on the ground below.

For a few moments Aulus considered tossing back his own drink but on second thought it seemed unwise and anyway he had no reason to copy Lex. "Yeah," he nodded, "in the forearm, protected by shutters. Seemed like a useful thing to get, hard to be separated from it when I'm out and about. Of course it means I couldn't put it down and wander off somewhere without being tracked but," he shrugged, "I half suspect we're all micro-chipped anyway." It was more than a bit weird to be able to think of that with just a shrug, a few years ago it would have horrified him but then a lot of things he was now accustomed to would have horrified him a few years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:16 pm
"That would be interesting." Lex certainly didn't feel like he was micro chipped in anyway. "Might end up patting down my body now, searching for lumps." He shrugged a shoulder, relaxed. "How is your drink?"  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:22 pm
"Oh." Aulus looked at the drink. "It's nice? Potent." He drank some more of the drink. He thought. Right. Socialization, talking, smalltalk. "Do I gather you and that Kirk guy have a history then?" Seemed like a reasonable thing to ask. Aulus finished his drink and added; "Another? I can send Thana up."

Thanatos looked up at the mention of his name; he had been sitting quietly next to Aulus, adjusting to and absorbing the noisy atmosphere of the pub. Aulus wanted him to go up to the bar? He glanced towards it, nervous but a bit excited too because if Aulus was going to ask him to do it then clearly he was trusted! One day he might be brave and strong enough to go with Char on some great mission where they would all make their names as heroes of team rocket!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:30 pm
"Sort of? It's probably clear I have a crush on the guy, but we worked different departments and he found other work much earlier then I did." Lex sighed, fingers tapping together in thought. "So in a way, yes, but it tends to be professional."

"Nah, if he cares to, he can get a pair of sprites." Lex replied, and looked at Thana. "One for me and the four of you can have a taste of the other one. It has bubbles, and sugar, but not all the caffeine."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:52 pm
"Sprite?" Aulus' brow wrinkled. "As in the soft drink?" Was Lex so sensible as to alternate alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks? Really? Lex?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:28 pm
"What is wrong with Sprite? It is fizzy and bubbly. " Lex blinked and snorted. "Really, Can't get too drunk here. We're not staying and I'm not sure any one here would be really tolerable of me hitting on them."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:13 am
Aulus scowled and shrugged. "Just didn't have you pegged as the type to go for anything that could be called 'virgin', and also you said that the rest of us could try it as though it was some kind of exotic ambrosia not sodding sprite. Do you think I've spent my life living under a rock or what?" Stupid skinny jeans wearing cyclops, why had he agreed to this again? He couldn't shake the feeling that Lex had been condescending to him about not getting too drunk, like he didn't know that! Or maybe he was just being paranoid... or maybe both.

"And you never can tell," Aulus shrugged, "we might have stumbled on a low key gay bar, and anyway you can't tell just by looking. Well, you can pretty much tell with some people but not everyone is as flamboyant as you and your buddy Kirk. Honestly I'm a bit surprised you're not already screwing."

Thanatos stood up on his chair, looking at Aulus quizzically. Was he supposed to go get these sprites or not?... And how was he going to order come to that?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:53 pm
"For pokemon, it probably is a exotic ambrosia of bubbles and sugar. I don't usually let mine have sugar." Lex shrugged, more amused at Aulus scowling face then irritated or upset.

He paused and looked back at the people, head tipped. "ehh, I'm still going with no on this one. Which is fine and hmm, do you have a pen?" He asked, pulling a napkin towards him. "I could use my eyeliner, but it might smudge." It certainly would be easier to give Thanatos a note and money then expect the poke to mime it.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:59 pm
"Well for them, yeah," Aulus replied, still scowling as he fetched out his wallet and handed some notes over to Thanatos. "Go and order," he instructed. The Frogadier took the money with an uncertain look but Aulus jerked his head insistently at the bar. "Use your initiative; you're a big boy now, you can cope."

Thanatos looked uncertain about this but he hopped down from his chair and bounced over to the bar.

Aulus watched him go for a few moments before turning back to Lex. "He'll figure it out, and he can feel good about himself for doing it without help." With that said he looked around the bar, pondering what the tastes of its denizens might or might not be. "Got an advanced gaydar have you?" he asked for the sake of something non-confrontational to say.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:02 pm
Lex shrugged and tuck the napkin away. "Sort of, it certainly saved me from nasty situations." He smiled as the dratini slid over his chiar leg and settled on his lap, looking up. "Hey, Roulette baby."

"Though I have to say, I have pandar, not truly gaydar." Lex scratched around his Dratini's forehead. "I appreciate everyone equally."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:11 pm
Hu, well he'd had Lex pegged wrong then. It wasn't often he ran into people who would casually admit to being attracted to more than one gender as it tended to attract derision even within 'the community'. He tended to hear comments like 'greedy' or 'just confused' which was one of several reasons that he was less than open about swinging in both directions himself.

"Well I suppose that's convenient," Aulus said after a few moments, leaning back in his chair again slightly as he started to relax a bit once more. "I mean, you've potentially got the whole population to pick from right? Obviously only if they're interested in you too but still."

With Thanatos gone Aulus found himself feeling the lack of a companion as he watched Lex's long fingers scritch at Roulette and so after a moment of consideration he let Killer out onto the chair Thanatos had occupied and reached over to stroke his soft fur.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:21 pm
"It just how I am... I think I figured it out with Tems. I met her as a girl, and I was with her when she decided to be a man and I never really lost the attraction afterwards." Their relationship had ended up as close friends. He grinned slightly, brushing a hand through his curls. "Well, yeah.., if they are even interested. Trying to have a relationship with someone asexual is a bit more difficult for me... I love the romance but I also love the sex."

"Hey, Killer." He added, waving a hand at the Syleveon.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:35 pm
Woah, lots of information! He guessed he didn't know who this Tems was but still, the fact that Lex was willing to casually pass around deeply personal information about him (that was right, right?) made him decide quite firmly not to let on anything he didn't want passed around.

"I guess," he shrugged, thinking vaguely of his relationship with Claire. He didn't know if she was ace or something but they'd never more than kissed; if they'd stayed together and had never gone further than that would he had been happy? Maybe. What he wanted, what he really wanted was.... Well just to be loved he supposed, to wake up with somebody who he trusted and made him feel safe. Sex would be great too - obviously - but he didn't think it was really a pivotal point for him, not anymore anyway. That however was incredibly soppy and a bit depressing too because he didn't really know if he'd ever find somebody to share that kind of bond with, so he tried to put it out of his mind. What he said instead was; "A bit difficult in our line of work in general I suppose, the pool is kind of limited from the get go."

Was it so much to ask to find somebody though, was it really? Oh he was a terrible person who did terrible things and probably didn't deserve to be happy anyway but that didn't mean he didn't want it. At least he had Alex, maybe friendship like that was enough.... But Alex was interested in Faleen and if/when the two of them got serious he would be intruding if he spent as much time in Alex's quarters as he did right now and they certainly wouldn't doze off on the couch after watching a movie anymore. Thinking about that just made him feel worse. It was stupid of him and selfish but he didn't want to lose his best friend to some girl.

Killer blinked, waved a feeler, and looked away from Lex politely.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff