Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
Journey of the Lost (Reboot!) (KamiGearX x CaptainXXMorgan) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Battle: Defender 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:16 pm
Borian, The Iron Clad Warrior

User Image

"The Light of Purity is all that will save us."

Borian pulled the corpses back behind some huts while the rain was still pouring, the spell dissipating quietly as he toiled to hide the bodies. He allowed his boot to clean itself in the rain while he worked, and the smell of blood and death dissipated with the rain. It was soon a shining day with the clouds and puddles reflecting one another. He sheathed his Zweilhander and felt his armor before nodding, no damage. Two encounters with people stronger than the military of the king and yet to be dented, that was good.

Soleil came out of the house into the sunshine with her things packed asking if they should move on. He nodded. "Yes, staying in this place for longer than necessary is a detriment to our mission. Let me grab the rest of the equipment, and then we will head onwards." Borian then stepped towards the house, slowly gathering the supplies they had before exiting the house again and motioning for Soleil to follow him over to a fort's gate. He slammed against it with his armor and it creaked slightly, the rotting hinges snapping and making a loud clinging sound as the wood fell over in a pile of logs. He stepped over it quietly and then pointed over the cliffside to the lands below for Soleil to see. "This is the world beyond our own. There is where our journey truly begins."

Below were lush rolling hills filled with greenery, off in the distance a forest of towering trees loomed, and smoke came from the treeline, most likely a village nestled at the border of the woods. That would be there first stop, as it was for the First Expedition. From the looks of things, they were a week out before they would reach the small town. Borian would meet with a few old friends there and see what they were up to, perhaps talk with the smith who taught him how to forge the armor. "It looks peaceful, but it is this year that the demon's will wage war against these people. Some may look human, but do not be mistaken, they are fundamentally different then us. You will receive strange looks, due to what you are, and due to what I am. Half-Breed Demons are frowned upon after all, as they could be potential spies for the demon's themselves. Expect racism from the vast majority of people towards me. Don't comment on it, you will only make things worse if you do."

((OOC: Borian is thorough with hiding what he does while Soleil isn't looking at least. He doesn't want her to see the harsher side of his combat [even though she has seen it once]. ))

"... I will keep this maiden safe until we reach our salvation."

CaptainXXMorgan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:01 pm
Soleil, The Wielder of Light

User Image

She followed after him and flinched as the wood had fallen down. She looked out towards the new greenery, seeing few things that were already a bit unfamiliar. She pointed towards the smoke in silent questioning, but Borian was a step ahead of explaining it. Soleil had continued to walk, a puzzled expression on her "I understand...but I don't understand really." she said, jogging up ahead as she found her energy before starting at a fast paced walk. She was looking ahead, the cog wheels rolling "I've never really rallied or lead anyone, I really don't know how to go about this either...you're the first demon..sort of thing I've ever met." though it was obvious, Soleil herself was hesitant to really call him demon. "But, I remember you were human. Does everyone see what you see around me? These light orbs you mentioned." she asked, though she'd continue to ramble a little "Because if they did, they wouldn't frown at me as much or am I as suspicious as next non Half-breed?" she wondered if there was evil among them that weren't demons.

"I don't really have ways to articulate my speech like you do, but if they come to like me then I'd hope they'd like you too." was what she wanted to get across, among the other questions. "I'll be quiet anyway...do they know we're coming? I'm not sure what I could tell them about the enemy, and I'm worried that if you speak they may fear I'm under your influence possibly?" she shook her head trying to think before hand now that she was learning he was somebody viewed negatively"Just, keep telling me everything." she encouraged, giving him a genuine smile "Are you feeling alright?" she asked, since last night he seemed more worried and he possibly still was. They had a long way to go, seeing how far they were from the denser areas of the forest.

[[Maybe in the next life he'll be a prodigy for the mafia.]]  

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:47 pm

User Image

"Do not worry, out here in this world, you are no longer caged and without a cage you are allowed to grow. Once we enter that small town is where my job leading will end, and yours begins." Borian started down the deer trail that was used by the First Expedition and whenever there was something he considered dangerous, he would test it first, then cross and finally help Soleil across. "My speech is far from articulate, but thank you for the compliment. I can't see the white orbs anymore, my eyes have yet to gain that power. I supplemented my helmet with that ability, and now I am considered somewhat blind... By the time we reach that village however, you should be able to see the vague outlines of the orbs, the meditation will help with that." A pause and a slam down on the earth with a boot revealed a crumbling foothold. Borian simply hopped over and then reached out his hand. "This thing used to be a lot safer... No, no one knows we are coming, for the most part. Also, yes everyone else can see the orbs, it's been a natural development for the life out here."

Borian decided to try and put it as plainly as possible. "Think of our roles in the society we came from. Now switch them. You are the mysterious savior figure of these people, and I am simply a nobody, or maybe even worse, I am a potential enemy. The demons come in two major forms, in corrupted forms, and in pure forms. The pure forms are the original demons of the world, and the corrupted are their peons, they used to be people like us but fell in love with the tempting power of the darkness and accepted the change into forming into a demon. They are usually weaker, but it is the main bulk of the Demon military and social ladder. Half Breed demons are either people like me who have had corruption embedded in them, or it is due to rape and pillaging from the demon side. Half-Breeds are considered dangerous to both sides, as they hold half the blood of the other side. Those who are born as half-breeds are most likely the strongest thing you can have on your side, however the successful birth rates are extremely low. To fix that, artificial half-breeds like myself are created. We are given the same power as a regular half-breed, but each time we use our power it becomes increasingly difficult to resist turning into a corrupted demon." He grabbed onto a large rock that they would have had to climb over and tore it out of the cliff, tossing it below. "A lot to take in, but it's all needed so you can function somewhat in this society... Also, carrying weapons is totally acceptable, so don't worry about seeing a civilian with an ax. After all, you only know that the demon's strike every five years, you never know when on that fifth year."

((OOC: Yes, I can see Borian now, running around telling people 'capice?' as a giant muscle head, everyone else runs in terror away from him simply because he spoke and he is so friggin big!))

CaptainXXMorgan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:36 pm

User Image

She listened as they moved, taking his help each step of the way, merely taking in the information and consideration "And you took on that power...for the light?" remembering what he had said previously. "Were you ever with the demonic army? If they don't know we're coming will they be hostile?" wanting to know and be prepared. She realized, as much as he was doing that he could be hurting himself and that they'd be switching roles, it felt a bit gut wrenching. To be seen like Borian, it felt like too much, and for Borian to go hated and ignored seemed worse. "I'll stick with my staff until I find something else. Do you think...you can slow down a little, with your body? I don't want to take short cuts at your risk unless you think it's really necessary." wanting to increase his time if she could help it. "It'll be good for me anyway." she offered, though continued on to follow him.

[[That and just hiding bodies lol. I'm not sure if a time skip is coming on or if we're just rollin', should I head a certain direction?]]  

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:34 pm

User Image

Borian nodded his head. "Yes, I took on the power of corruption and darkness for the dreams of light and hope." He froze for a second when she asked if he had ever worked for the demonic army. He nodded his head once before saying simply. "Yes I did once... I was something of a lover for a pure demon at one point within the five years when I had disappeared. Never again will I work for the darkness however." He then turned around, a pleasant smile on his face. "Do not worry about my body. This effort is something my human body does easily now. If you had asked me to slow down and not take short cuts a few years ago, then I would've agreed with you that this was a bit much, but now this is simply a natural aspect of me. They will be wary, but not outright hostile. Be careful with your words and we should be fine."

Borian then looked over at the cliff edge and nodded. "Once we're halfway down we should be able to walk comfortably. Most of the day will be used up simply traveling this cliff... If anything Soleil, just remember, I am a weapon for you to use. That is my purpose in life now, nothing more, nothing less. In the grand scheme of things, my life is meaningless compared to yours. I will always be putting you before myself."
((OOC smile )

CaptainXXMorgan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:30 pm

User Image

Careful with her words, that was something she'd have to consider on how to present herself. She would have to experiment and play to see which approach would be best, going in naked was always Soleil's style. She felt more relieved that he wasn't damaging himself, though as he mentioned his purpose and his meaning she only stopped and held a glare. She remembered to keep going and walking, yet Soleil had remained silent for about ten minute before finding a way to put words to her feelings "Perhaps I can't change your mind, and you'll probably never change mine. I may grow and I may become something worse or better than I am now. For now, I'm a human being, and as one you will always be my equal. My savior. I will never use you, nor think less of you, no matter the circumstances." though she knew what she was saying and feared the future, she wanted to hold onto those beliefs. It seemed inevitable that some day they will have to part, so for now she'll try to simply enjoy the small hours. Thinking of the future with a smile was difficult, it was hard to really think of herself as anything more than anyone else. "I know you're probably trying to distance yourself and keep to set instructions, and it's fine. I can't stop you, and you're free to do as you wish as I'd want for anyone." something she has stood by for the longest. The need, the desire and the ability to help others was a strength and a downfall for her.

After some time she'd question Borian some more "Have people been searching for me? Or the light? Are there...or were there, more like me? Were there stories of me or them? I'm wanting to know what others would be expecting of me. What am I supposed to be like?" it almost seemed like a ramble of thoughts, she'd smile more sheepishly "Sorry, it's fine if you never really know, I'm just thinking out loud. Usually just to express my train of thought." she'd mention.

Just as they were facing another obstacle, a shifting pile of rocks, she'd reach out to stop Borian "Let me try." though this probably wasn't the time to practice, the portion was a bit steep. Perhaps not for him, but for her, the emerald on her wrist would light as she focused on the structure of the cliff. She'd raise her hands up slightly, the cliff around them shaking gently before a a roaring thunder would surround them as she pushed herself forward slowly. The earth farther below would shift out, and the cliff above would shift forward and over them to roof her and Borian. She had smoothed out the terrain slightly, but the path leading downwards was easier transverse. Rocks that would have fallen from above would slide passed them due to the shield, and in the distance a tree falling could be heard. It was likely that it couldn't handle the shifting in the earth.

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:50 pm

User Image

'That way of thinking is dangerous... I am no savior after all...' Borian thought to himself as he peered over the cliff face again. However when she mentioned that he was trying to distance himself, he spoke back. "You hit the nail on the head, after all, if I break the rules I have set for myself, I am not sure how my corruption will take it. It is comforting to know that you are not heartless however, this world needs compassion."

After she asked her questions he took a turn for pause and spoke. "From the information I have gathered you are not the only one to have your abilities, but you are the only one to survive past birth." He sighed and then continued to speak. "Yes, there is a story about you and the potential others. The generalized idea of the myth goes something like this." Borian cleared his throat and then spoke again. "The Child of Light, a child of lost civilizations will disperse the dark. Her eight Guardians are her shields and weapons. Their names are as follows; The Tower, The Eye, The Twilight, The Blade, The Tree, The Relic, The Visionary, and..." Borian paused as he recovered from a lapse of embarrassment, which was quite unusual for the stoic man. "The Lover. One by one the guardian's will fall, and with each guardian lost, the light of the child will grow brighter. Only two of the nine will survive, the Child of Light and The Lover. Once the two are alone and of one mind and body, that is when they will give the world its true light." Borian took another pause and then spoke again. "That's the basics, there are a lot more details I am sure, and there is a little rhyme that goes with it, but I don't remember them, I just know the generalized story. Your brother was The Eye... I am The Tower. We never figured out who the eighth would be, even your brother, who took the corruption to see the future, could not see who The Lover was."

They had reached a shifting pile of rocks when he had stopped and he easily moved past it before reaching out for Soleil who then rejected his offer for help. He lowered his hand and watched quietly. If anything happened he would be able to saver her. It started with a gentle rumble and then erupted into a violent storm of shifting rock and dirt. He didn't move, and simply watched Soleil intently, waiting for her command. This was a situation he was not used to, and so, he would let the natural leader take charge. She was her father's daughter after all, and he had led four hundred and ninety-nine others. He was sure that she could lead the world if she tried. This power was amazing however, and as they were exposed to more magic they would be able to see the orbs, with a spell this large, he was surprised that they hadn't alerted a mage tower yet. Perhaps since it was on the border of civilization they had simply been scanned over as a chaos storm. Those were becoming more common out here seeing as how many failed spells had been cast in the world.
((OOC smile )

CaptainXXMorgan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:05 pm

User Image

She's exhale a deep breath, then shook her head with a raised brow as if the sensation she had performed was odd. It was for her, she hadn't practiced much with nature, but this was a better start to try. "So, that means there are six more out there?" she asked him, ignorant to his discomfort of The Lover. She was curious to who would be waiting for them "There weren't any more than you and him in the expedition, correct?" as she made her way down and followed after. Even though she wanted to find and meet the others, she worried for their safety if the myth was true. She couldn't back down though, not before it has ever really started.

She'd walk ahead to where it was safe to walk, though would take to Borian's assistance as he offered it to help her pass the terrain (if she wasn't confident enough to pass it herself) "Are you able to see who they are like me? Will I be able to find them someday also?" she asked, a feeling of excitement to meet more allies. "Do they know who they are? Actually, how did you find how who you and Jin were?" she asked. Surely he didn't know when he was younger and even before the expedition did he?

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:36 pm

User Image

"There were twenty of us that returned... Out of the twenty of us, eight were to be your guardians. That we knew, that is what your brother saw... Now, it is only me, the rest fell to the power of corruption. We will meet allies, but no Guardians. When they accepted the corruption, they knew what they were." Borian spoke quickly on the subject of how they had found out. "As each of us accepted corruption we found out what we were, those who were not chosen were killed immediately, those that were chosen had the ability to fight the corruption or accept the corruption and become demonic. Your brother accepted the power of corruption to grant us one vision, as he knew that his body was rejecting the corruption in strange ways, killing itself. He told us that only one would survive the change, and that one would not be The Lover."

Borian nodded to himself as he followed behind Soleil, only moving past her when she needed help. There wasn't much more he was willing to share at the moment, and he wasn't comfortable talking about the Eight Guardians. After all, he was the only one that survived, and on top of that he had failed to help the other seven in their time of need.

---------------------

Borian set the saddlebags down and took off his cloak with a sigh. Today had been a long day, he had spoken a lot after his days of silence. "Could you get the fire started please Soleil? The flint and steel should be in that bag." He pointed to one of the saddlebags as he dug into another, pulling out the tent. They had a highly defensible position considering they were up against a cliff face. This would be there last day of absolute security for a long while. Or at least until they reached the village next to the forest. He grabbed the mallet and pikes to set into the ground. He also set up the sticks meant to hold up the tent and as was tradition, he set up Soleil's stuff inside. He looked out towards the rolling hills and breathed in deeply. "Soleil, tonight is going to be colder than usual, even worse than the rain weather. It won't be stormy so you should be able to sleep fine with enough layers." He had finished more quickly than usual, like he had more energy than the normal amount. It was as if the physical labor of moving down the hill hadn't drained him of energy, but instead gave him more, and perhaps it was true. "Also, today is the first day you and I will be sparring together with our weapons, you should have enough practice under your belt, and now that we are out here, you need to train against actual opponents rather than trees. I will go slow for you, and we won't spar until after dinner."

((OOC smile )

CaptainXXMorgan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:16 pm

User Image

So they were all dead, and it was just them in the end. It seemed the myth, or prediction, was wrong though perhaps...well, it didn't matter now.

----------------------------------------------------

She had reached for the flint and steel, holding both over to ignite the sparks against the wood. She used a smaller stick to make sure it spread easily over the rest of it, she'd nod in his mention to the weather "Do you have enough to sleep with?" she'd ask and naturally offer a fair share to have him sleep comfortably if there was any doubt to it. She had collected some herbs and mushrooms over the past days and figured tonight would be the time to use them to prepare a meat and mushroom soup, since it was likely they wouldn't remain fresh much longer.

Within time it was well settled and she'd pour herself a small bowl to drink from, relaxing back a little more after the long travel. She was a little nervous, and excited, to be actually fighting Borian. "I can try to give it everything, right? It'll be safe." she felt confidence in Borian's strength and durability to withstand what she could possibly do. She'd give him a usual confident smile, wide enough, nothing else she could really say to express gratitude that she felt. She'd take in the night as it was, finishing up her meal, as she continued to gaze up towards the cloudy sky. Just passed being the stars and a new moon, making it especially dark even though it helped the lights above shine brighter. It was a habit she had going, a comfort, along with Borian's stories to her night remedies. "Maybe I'm a bit naive, but..." she didn't finish the sentence, having retracted it and stood up to find a more open area for them to practice.

She'd pull out her staff in a more ready position, trying to think on her approach and how he may approach her. He said he'd go slow for now, but she felt she shouldn't hold back if she could knowing he'd probably get faster as they went. She looked at her surroundings and figured how to prepare whilst in hand to hand.

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:07 pm

User Image

"I won't be sleeping tonight." Borian said casually as he sat down to grab himself a bowl of soup. If he had to choose between his cooking and Soleil's he would always choose Soleil's, these past few days had proven that much. Sure he could make decent things, but her cooking was like magic, she could make something out of nothing it seemed like. "Of course, always give it your all, settling for anything less makes you weaker." After that the two ate in companionable silence, and Borian didn't want to disturb the quiet of the night. It was comforting in a way not to be tormented by the sounds of his boots tromping against the ground, or the two's breathing from exertion filling his ears. It only brought about hurtful memories. Soleil spoke about naivety for a moment and then fell silent. There was a reason why she fell silent so there was no need to chase the thought.

Borian finished his soup at the same time as Soleil did and then stood, walking over to near the tent and stripping out of his armor except for his gauntlets which he kept on. He wouldn't go for grapples but he would certainly give her a run for her money with his fists. He didn't want to use his sword in fear of breaking her staff. "Alright, we'll start with you fighting off an unarmed, but experienced fighter. I won't be using throws, but expect grapples to be used." He then raised his fists and lowered his body slowly, taking on a boxers stance. "We start now." He leaped forward and gave a series of medium speed punches, the weight behind them less than optimal, in fact they were rather light considering what he could throw. The problem was, was that his perception of strength was all off, and his blows were heavy handed and none to slow either.

((OOC smile )

CaptainXXMorgan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:13 pm

User Image

As he charged at her with flying fists of fury Soleil tried to react as best as she could. Nerves caught her up a bit though, she was riddled with a bit of fear despite it being Borian, as she took it to a real possible situation. She'd move back and out of the way from his first strike, inhaling quickly as she turned to hold her staff out in preparation to parry his next punch. As she made a decent amount of contact in the parry though she stumbled backwards from the immense force behind it. She stumbled as she re-footed herself back into her stance, she was hesitant in striking in some fear of it going terribly wrong. With preparation from another parry from him she'd strike from his lower left to upper right in attempt to whack any portion of his body. The more she actually moved the strange it felt to continuously hold the staff with both of her hands consistently. There was much to learn in this first dual.

[[I'm not very good at battle scenes and movement short time lapses, bare with me lol. Tis' good to figure and learn though.]]

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:49 pm

User Image

Borian saw that Soleil was on the desperate defense and as such he slowed his speed down another notch only to see her parry a blow and then go for a diagonal from his lower left to his right shoulder. Seeing as he had just thrown a punch with his left arm, it was a good tactic, but Borian knew more, and without his armor, he was allowed more freedom to twist his body. Borian could see the staff coming towards him and he was soon rolling with the staff, his body bending like water as the staff shaped his angle, a few inches of air that closed quickly to a few millimeters, and then his right hand came from underneath his outstretched right hand and pushed the staff up with an open palm before his left arm wrapped around Soleil's weapon, his right food swiveling forward as he pulled the staff towards him, the back of his hand coming forward in a clenched fist to hit Soleil if she was to stumble with the staff. However if Soleil flew forward with the staff, Borian would turn his weaponized body into a soft landing area for Soleil, dropping all pretenses of harm and instead going to brace for the impact to the ground with arms wrapping around her so that she wouldn't bounce off and smack her head on his body.

However if she had let go then he would quickly turn the weapon on the girl, spinning it around and pointing it towards Soleil before pausing and standing straight.

((OOC: In this type of combat, what-ifs are your friend, don't be afraid to give your opponent an option to opt out of damage in the form of another consequence. In this case since I know Borian to be much stronger than Soleil, I gave very drastic and closed outcomes, but in equal fighting it's a lot more open ended.))

CaptainXXMorgan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:45 pm

User Image

Soleil had hung on, not expecting him to grasp her weapon. As she saw him about to strike she released her weapon and moved back and out of the way. He had her weapon, perhaps this was the end, but he was still going and turned it against her. Course it wasn't the end, that was her weapon, and the competitve nature was stirring within her. She raced her hand up, giving him a minor glare, as she waved her hands for him to 'bring it' though the gems in her bracelets began to glow. She had practiced a few times unarmed, and felt she could do this fine if she wanted her weapon back.

She'd clasp her hands together, the earth around them shaking slightly before splitting them apart instantly. With it the earth beneath his feet shifted to the left, and the earth beneath her feet shifted to the right. It wasn't her intention as she stumbled slightly. She was quick to shake it and this time she'd shift it differently. To his right the ground would right suddenly at a diagonal away from him, whilst the ground on his left would sink downward in a diagonal away. Regardless if it shook his balance she'd charge in after him.

If he had fallen she'd step on the arm/area that had her staff in attempts to loosen his grip and take her staff back. If he regained his balance quickly she'd approach him more cautiously with, careful of how he'd possibly strike. She'd use her size to try and keep herself lower towards his center of gravity, moving towards his right. She'd aim to kick at his left knee with her right foot to knock at his balance further and use the rest of her body in attempts to topple him down the slanted terrain. If the kick connected she'd slide her right behind her, using her left foot to step on his right and the rest of her body to shove at his waste from his under right side.

[[I feel I might go overboard like one of those adventure books 'Turn to page 22' Those were the best. This is a first start, what ifs are still tricky. I can change it up if need be. Maybe I put too many variables.]]

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:28 pm

User Image

Borian was willing to have let it end there with the stolen weapon, but it seemed like Soleil wanted to keep fighting, so be it. That was when the earth shifted and Borian felt his body lurch to the left. A foot slammed down to widen his center of gravity so that he wouldn't fall from the movement. However as he did so he felt the earth slant itself, and with it, his sense of balance. As he started to fall Soleil charged forward, Borian smiled, and shifted his center of gravity towards the slope, using the staff as a vaulting mechanism to get out of the charge and land a few feet away, twisting his body so that he landed on one knee with ease.

Soleil continued her onslaught towards him however, and as she started moving to his right he followed with a patient eye as he stood slowly, bringing the weapon to bare. As the left foot came swinging, the staff slammed down into the ground to intercept the blow before pushing the attack away with a simple sweep of his arms, the slanted surface having appeared again beneath his feet. The entire time he had remained calm, his face nothing more than a mask of stoicness, even his eyes were boring into Soleil's as he watched every movement, the staff coming up, one end pointing towards the girl once more, his feet wide to give himself a good center of gravity. His grip on the staff could be heard tightening as he readied himself to attack. Borian closed his eyes for a millisecond and when they opened they dilated and then refocused before he relaxed his stance and dropped his guard, standing very much as he would if he had paused during their walks. "That is very good Soleil, you are already incorporating magic into your fighting style. Take your staff and resettle the earth. Tonight's training session is over." Borian was more scared for Soleil's safety, casting magic in the middle of melee like that was dangerous, as it could've easily turned into a chaos storm which would've killed them both. He would have to talk about those with her later. If she were going to cast magic at him, then they would have to change the training up, it wasn't something people normally mixed and matched, not unless they were either crazy or reckless, most likely a combination of both. That and his scars were acting up to the chilling weather again. They were turning slightly pink around their mangled edges like they were infected, and he could feel the pain from them starting to affect his judgement and ability to think logically. Sparring was difficult, especially if he was trying to control the collateral damage he was willing to inflict on Soleil.

"Before you go to bed though, I want to ask you what you were thinking about when you spoke about you being naive."

((OOC: I loved those things to death, sadly I only have ever had 3 in my life, but oh my god were they awesome.))

CaptainXXMorgan

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas