Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[PRP] Up For The Challenge Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:30 pm
"Ah, no way," he said immediately with a shake of his head. "They're... Well, I'll tell you later." He raised a finger, "Maybe."

In mixed company wasn't the best place to explain his family situation. Most of the adults would probably assume he was just some kid telling tales, but he wasn't cocky enough to count on that.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:38 pm
Gon seemed a little surprised when Killua eluded to his parents and what they did, but not only didn't tell Gon, but would tell him later. Gon couldn't imagine why, but it certainly made him a lot more curious then he was before.
"Why later? Is it a big secret or something?" The black haired boy leaned forward slightly to he could look at Killua better, though the attention he pulled away from up ahead caused him to miss the fact that someone had stumbled just front of them, putting them right in Gon and Killua's faster running path.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:47 pm
"Well, some things can only be said if you're careful about it, you know?" Killua replied, keeping his response vague. "I don't know if I'd call it a big secret, but it's definitely--"

"Zor."

Killua noticed the oncoming obstacle shortly after his Zorua did and reacted almost simultaneously with the warning, sidestepping to narrowly avoid a collision. "Don't run in the middle if you're gonna trip, idiot!" he called derisively.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:11 pm
Gon was not as quick to notice the person he was about to run into, noticing them from the corner of his eye at Killua leaped away just in time to get out of the way.
Gon however, despite having to react quickly to avoid getting trampled completely, Gon still didn't manage to completely avoid getting his foot caught up against the man's leg, the jerking motion of surprise the other applicant only further hindering Gon's escape.

Though none of this seemed to be much of a concern for the boy, who while he had his mouth open as if to call out in surprise, his large eyes looked untroubled as he lost his own footing and fell forward.

The impact the boy in green had with the ground seemed a lot less catastrophic then it really should have been, it seemed much less that Gon hit that ground, rather that he simple slid onto it from his side in a roll and in a blank of an eye had smoothly fallen back onto his feet without losing any of his running momentum what so ever, with a small "Hup!"

"Ah- oops." Gon commented, glancing back at the fallen back who had tripped much more thoroughly than Gon had from their tangled encounter.
Treecko, used the man's head to bounce off of, and landed on the back of Gon's bag.

Facing forward once more, picking up his legs a little higher so that he culd speed up and catch up with Killua his eyes wide "Wow Killua you sure are fast!" He commented "But maybe we should still move up a little bit."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:31 pm
Killua hadn't been expecting much of the other boy, having pinned him as just some kid who thought he was hot stuff and wanted to prove it, but from that display it looked as though there might have been more to Gon than Killua had initially thought.

Unsure of how to respond to the compliment, he instead answered the suggestion, agreeing, "Yeah. It'll be better if we can have a clear view of what's ahead." He shifted the carried skateboard to attach to the bag on his back, situating it comfortably and gearing up to increase his speed and maneuverability.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:50 pm
Gon took the initiative to pull ahead, with Treecko now burrowing through Gon's tall hair to get a better look up ahead himself, Gon weaved through people to reach the front of the group.

As the boys came up, the evaluator glanced over, blinking in surprise at the boys.
"You kids holding up okay?"

"Yeah!" Gon replied determinedly.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:57 pm
Killua followed shortly after, matching pace and appearing at the head of the group around the same time as Gon. He gave the man at the head of the group a somewhat mischievous look, "Don't worry about us; we can go for a loooot longer."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:02 pm
The man frowned sharply, with a slight grimace, though seemed to catch himself and put on an encouraging grin "well just keep it up and do your best. We still have a while to go."

"Awesome!" Gon commented, clearly not seeing past this guy like Killua was "You know this is a pretty good opportunity to get a better feel for this island." Gon noticed, lifting an open hand up to place it over his brow, looking out across the steadily opening lands that had surrounded the big city. now that he wasn't surrounded by people on all sides he had a very good clear view.
"It looks a lot different here then the island I'm from."

"You don't say." The instructor said with feigned interest.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:07 pm
Aha, if there had been any doubt, it was certainly cleared up now. Playing into the opportunity to annoy the man - though certainly not entirely disinterested in learning more about Gon - Killua turned around briefly to point towards the mountains just visible in the distance, "For me, that's the kind of sight I'm used to from home." He turned back around to face forwards. "This Kodo place seems pretty diverse. How's it compare to where you come from, Gon?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:27 pm
Turning to where Killua was pointing Gon's mouth fell open "Wow really? Those are huge! Wailord island doesn't have any of those on it."
It was truly impressive how large mountains looked in person.
"Its mostly just lots of hills, with jungle and swamps. I used to go from one end of the island to the other side in a day. its not very big."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:30 pm
"In a day?! That's tiny!" Killua exclaimed, unable to imagine such a tiny piece of land being inhabited. "How could you live in a place like that? It must be so boring!"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:42 pm
"Boring? Hmmmm, naw." Gon replied shaking his head "There is a lot to explore in the jungle, lots of animals and some pokemon too- plus the ships sometimes bring in a bunch of new people and fishermen to meet."
He reached a hand up over his head, gripping the fishing pole he had strapped to his bag and pulling it loose. swishing it swiftly in front of it and causing the bob and weight to dangle around.
"Its a great for fishing!"

Placing the rod's pole back against his shoulder, one hand still closed around the grip Gon looked back at Killua. "You live in the mountains though Killua? whats what like?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:54 pm
"Wow, no offense, but that sounds pretty boring," Killua commented. Running around outside looking at wildlife - maybe for a day or two, but for years? For his entire life? No thanks.

He hummed thoughtfully and considered how to respond. "It's mostly just a hassle to come and go from home," he answered with a shrug, "since the trail is so long. I didn't really play outside a whole lot since I was really little. My parents keep me busy with all sorts of stuff. Recently I use most of my free time to do stuff like play video games and learn this." He reached a hand behind him to pat at the protruding end of his skateboard.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:03 pm
"Oh, You really think so?" Gon asked, seeming to be a little surprised, Gon wasn't so sure, it sounded like a lot of fun to him, at least it had been a lot of fun growing up on the island, "I guess so- it can't really beat going on new adventures like this."

"You sound like you think its pretty boring too... I've heard of video games though, aren't those really fun?" Gon asked, his arched eyebrows raising a little in interest, eying the skateboard as Killua pointed it out.

The man they were running by glanced over to frown at them "Hey, you guys, don't you think its a good idea to not exert your energy by talking? You'll drop out sooner."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:15 pm
"It was definitely boring!" he interjected emphatically. "It was stupidly boring! That's why I'm hoping this whole trainer thing turns out to be something interesting. It'll suck if it turns out coming to Kodo was a waste." At Gon's comment about video games, he raised an eyebrow, "Man, you didn't even have video games to play? They can be fun sometimes - especially the older ones, since they're so difficult - but they all start to get kind of dull once you've played them long enough."

Killua replied to the man with a smile that sickeningly sweet, "Don't worry, don't worry! Like I said, we have no intention of dropping out."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff