[FIN] Threads Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:21 pm
"Spins?" Lex questioned, wondering if he should call it off and got a stiff leg in the air, his Aridos version of a one finger salute for his troubles. "Alright, try that again, see if you can manged it more then once. "

Spins shook himself, cleaning the webbing away and sifted, surprised. He tapped his legs thoughtful before he started to clean one, stalling for time. How had he done that?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:32 pm
Tambrey grinned and crossed her fingers.
"I hope this has worked... It'll probably be the /least/ violent time Neph has ever really been useful..."

<< I heard that, humanface!>> The mostly-yellow spider complained, but continued to move in a circle around the other spider, not attacking yet... She was quickly getting bored with this, though...  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:14 pm
"What would you think of weekly training sessions? With Spins and Neph.. it might do good for both of them... and it would be interesting to see if we can get them to work together."

Spins shifted, slowly following Neph, considering and attempted to do what he had done the last time. He shifted, curving and shot a wonky looking web at Neph. It looked like a web but it certainly wasn't perfectly circular or far reaching.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:17 pm
Considering Neph's behaviour, and somewhat sure it wasn't -just- because Lasi was present, Tambrey nodded after a moment's thought.
"I... think that might be a very good idea. Um, Neph honestly could use socialization and I've only really seen her take to another pokémon like this, perhaps one other time... Are you familiar with Agent Aulus' Sylveon, Killer? They're a lot more... physically violent with each other than this, really, but I feel a similar sort of interaction is going on. Um, Neph looks like she's enjoying herself and she's not really trying to /kill/ Spins or even really hurt him incredibly badly... I mean," She gestured to Lasi who gave a happy little grumble, but was also watching the spiders with interest "I have him out, sure, but, um, this seems to only partially be the reason for her good behaviour... And, you're right. After the mission we just had, we could use some pokémon knowing how to work together outside of their usual partnerships... Too Ariados working together with webbing and attacks; especially with the vaguely similar moveset these two seem to have... They'd be quite a force, trained up enough..." Tambrey was no Aulus when it came to training, but she hoped, and suspected, that some of her partner's methods and thinking were rubbing off a little.

<> Neph taunted, skirting the effort, and doubling back to the left, aiming to go up the wall again.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:51 pm
Spins gave a huff and took off after Neph, skittering up the wall to try to get closer to her before trying again. It felt a bit odd... different then letting out single strings to grab things. He attempted Spider Web again, cheering up slightly at the slightly better shape.

"Considering the last mission was a cluster ********?" Lex replied, giving a slight smile as he watched his Ariados run about. "Want to train joltik's as well? Same vein of thinking, except webbing has electricity and when Sunny evols, he could work with Spins and Neph and see if we can't get a web slinging trio."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:08 am
Tambrey shuddered slightly... Electric webbing... But that /would/ be useful.
"Maybe even a quartet..?" Tambrey suggested. "If Neph can continue to behave like this, I could, um, add Jubilee to the training. Then we'd have two Joltiks working together as well as two Ariados..." She nodded toward Spins.
"That one was more defined. He's definitely getting the hang of it."

Neph was slightly surprised as a more recognizable Spider Web shape flew to ensnare her and she had too control a tumble before working to clean the webbing off.
She grumbled a little; she wanted to go back to actual battling. Maybe she could sneak an actual attack in this time...
Just a Poison Sting, while she got this webbing off...  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:11 pm
"That could work... I rather involve Sunspot, I would feel better about him being on missions when he has some size and weight to him." Lex did not want someone stepping on his Joltik.

Spins carefully approached Neph, surprised that the webbing had hit. He clicked his mandibles carefully, reaching out a leg to prod Neph.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:17 pm
<< Yeah, yeah! You got me, but this isss hardly a perfect web... Seee, already off! Now. Dodge this!>> She would be grinning if her mandibles allowed it, as she aimed and fired off the Poison Sting, ducking away from the prod before trying to scuttle off toward the next wall.

"Mmhm. A Joltik's size is, um, useful for stealth, but their size is a concern in a battle." She frowned as she saw that Neph had seemed to try to use an attack, instead of sticking to her instructions.
"No Neph! No attacks right now! Don't make me recall you or set Lasi on you..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling rolled 1 100-sided dice: 77 Total: 77 (1-100)

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:52 pm
Spins snorted, mood still elated until he ended up with a poison sting to the chest area and fell down with a umph of air. He got himself back on his legs and huffed. <> He called, unconcerned of his wounds.

"I keep worrying someone is going to step on him. So He been riding in my hair mostly, since then he is out of reach." Lex watched the scuffle happen. "I guess she didn't care to just be evading."

Spins scurried after Neph, sending another Spider web at her.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:31 pm
Neph chittered and waved a dismissive limb at her human, but... well... for the most part she was behaving.

"Honestly this is going better than I expected it to... I knew she wouldn't be able to resist eventually, but a Poison Sting is... a ridiculous attack for her to be trying to use against a fellow Ariados. She's, um, not really trying like she might in a more impatient mood. She's having fun." Tambrey shrugged, revealing that, for now, Lasi's presence was /mostly/ an empty threat. Neph's behaviour was -good- today.
"I know what you mean. Jubilee is mostly in the labs. I have a, um, like a reversed Faraday cage set up for her. It's like an electrified hamster cage. She uses it as a safe place to hang out and keep herself charged up. She's not in danger of being squished or anything that way..."

<> Neph was startled. This Spider Web had worked again. And properly stopped her progress. When had Spin's aim gotten better?!  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:27 pm
Spins smirked and lifted a leg in a salute at his fellow spider before heading towards his trainer, settling a bit away with a pleased flop. He had done what he had set out to do, and he was pleased with himself.

"Think that going to be it from Spins for today." Lex made not move to recall the spider, letting him enjoy his victory. "That is a brilliant idea. Sunspot just attaches to the room outlet like a little energy sucking leech."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:38 pm
<< Sooo you win today...>> Neph muttered, and promised << But we'll play again and I won't have to play so nice next time... Seee you soon...>> She sounded more pleased about the idea than threatening, however, and then she was disappearing into red light as Tambrey recalled her.

"Well. He did a very good job. I think we can, um, call that a success. Those last few were very well done. Um, did you want to let your fossils out for a bit?" She considered the Joltik issue.
"Regulated I hope? Um, that's sort of how we ended up finding Jubilee; she was causing electrical issues around the base when we first moved into here... I'd suggest setting up a similar device if possible. If you run it off, um, a powerful enough battery, or a mini-generator, you can have it entirely isolated from base power too. Just, um, have to remember to use gloves around it when it's running."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:08 pm
<> he agreed and shifted content to rest until they met again.

"Regulated, of course. Unless we are somewhere else and then I don't mind if he takes a bit of a long snack from non-rocket power supplies." Lex nodded and looked over the pokeballs. "Sort of excited and I hope they like me." He said and finally released the first one, breath held.

An Amaura appeared with a questioning huff, big blue eyes peering around.

"Ooh, they are so pretty."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:45 pm
Tambrey nodded, apparently happy to hear it, then smiled in agreement as the fossil 'mon appeared.
"They really are. Fascinating too, to have living, breathing, creatures from such ancient material..." She brought out her 'dex, and began tapping something into it, while she watched Lex and the Amaura he'd just let out.

"Amaura was a pretty stable recreation for us; we already had a couple of sequences on file to build from, but nonetheless, still remarkable to think that her base sequence came from, um, fossilized material..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:30 am
"Hello, lovely. Would you like to come over here?" Lex asked, keeping his voice calm and open, offering a hand out for the Amaura to check out. "Kind of wish I broke some sort of treat for her.... Her?" He glanced at Tambrey to make sure before looking back at one of his newest pokemon. "It is pretty amazing."

The Amaura pranced slightly, uncertain as she looked at the enclosed room and the sticky webs. She took a few steps forward somewhat comforted by the lack of fear and the sight of fellow though strange looking pokemon.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff