Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:56 pm
"It sure looks like a yes to me." Tambrey replied, and made a note that, perhaps, one day, she'd look into securing herself an Omanyte, if they decided to be /that/ adorable... Though she had a fair few projects and pokémon to deal with, one of which would soon be part of her team herself, anyway, that such a pursuit could wait.
She glanced to see how Treestar and Borealis were getting along; it seemed like they were talking, which was what she'd hoped.

<> Treestar perked up. <> He didn't entirely understand the idea of 'fossils'.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:01 pm
<> Borealis admitted. < She looked thoughtful. <> She paused. <>

As Borealis seemed occupied with Treestar now Aulus started to stroke Helix's shell with his normal hand. The spiral pokemon blinked and then, after a few moments, started to stroke the back of Aulus' hand with one of its tentacles.

Aulus only just restrained himself from making a small incoherent noise of glee.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:10 pm
<> Treestar supplied, happy that he at least knew /that/ for her. << I think that's called 'in-stinks'. That's what Tambrey says we have anyway. When I know stuff but don't I've worked out that it's probably 'in-stinks' because of what Tambrey says.>> Treestar beamed happily <>

"Aaw. Well, I guess you two are a very very good match. He's taken to you quickly." Tambrey noted, happily, and remembered she'd wanted to take notes.
"Um. Hey? This has a camera," She held up the pad "So d'you mind if, um, I take a quick snap or two for research? I can send them across to you too, if you want them?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:18 pm
"Sure, sure, go ahead, and yeah please!" Aulus nodded but he didn't stop looking at the small creature that was carefully investigating his hand.

<> Borealis replied with a little bob of her head. <>

"Y'know, I'd say this is going pretty well," Aulus added, looking over at Borealis and Treestar as Helix prodded thoughtfully at his wrist joint.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:40 pm
A few quick taps, and she had access to the camera functions. It was remarkably easy to send photographs from within the function, too, thanks to Rocket's network security. When there was no risk of sending it to someone who shouldn't get it (thank you Hayes and the other techies), sending it to people who /were/ permitted to receive said data was a piece of cake.

Firstly, she grabbed a couple of shots of Aulus and Helix interacting, including a close up of Aulus' fingers and Helix himself. Then, she focused on the conversation happening between Treestar and Borealis- now there was a rather fascinating interaction, and she vaguely wished she was ice or grass type... She'd have to ask Rose for a translation summary or something...
Speaking of Rose, she turned the camera his way for a couple of snaps too.

"I agree... Very well, actually. Um. Hopefully all of the first trainer encounters go this well..."

<> Well, that was good! He'd rather be 'handsome' but he'd take 'pretty' <> He waggled his leaf proudly <>  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:46 pm
"I hope so too!" Aulus grinned as Helix started poking at the shutters over his arm-screen, "This is amazing!" This pokemon had died millions of years ago, and now it was alive again. That was over simplification but still!

<> Borealis pronounced this carefully, considered the concept, and nodded. <> There seemed to be more there waiting though, like.... Like something. Yes. <>

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:06 pm
A few more snaps, and then Tambrey began sending the photographs across to Aulus'... And then wondered. Would they... Would they go to Aulus' arm now? She supposed they probably did... That was, she sighed internally at the mental pun she was about to make yet again, handy... It really was though...

"It really is!" She agreed, looking over all the pokémon again. "This might, um, be one of the most rewarding projects I've ever gotten to be a part of." She admitted happily.

<> Treestar supplied with a grin; another thing he knew and could share- he and Tambrey had spent time while he grew together looking at pictures of various long-necked species. He'd always been very interested and had memorised what he could. <> He beamed even happier <>  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:16 pm
Aulus jerked slightly and gave an abrupt laugh; Helix pulled away from him in surprise. "Okay! It's okay," Aulus assured the little fossil, now grinning ruefully and shaking his head. "I just forgot that I set my arm up to ping me when I get a message with a screen closed.... I may want to turn the settings down. That was like getting poked very firmly in the brain."

Helix blinked and poked the back of Aulus' hand.

<> Borealis decided firmly, making a happy humming noise and moving closer to Treestar, stretching her neck up as far as she could. <>

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:25 pm
"Oh! Um, sorry! I just sent the pictures to you. Um. I got a couple of Rose too. Because he translated. Well, actually, just because I thought I shouldn't leave Rose out and he's good in a picture, but um, also because he translated." She placed the pad back at her hip.
"That, um... That actually sounds kind of disturbing."

<>  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:29 pm
"Don't worry, I expect I'll get used to it," Aulus replied with a smile and a shake of his head. "Just never actually experienced that before.... It was okay? Just... surprising. I suppose because it wasn't really coming from anywhere all the," he waved his free hand at his arm, "computing stuff just decided to make it into a brain prod." Weird. Useful though! "And thanks," Aulus added after a moment, "for taking the pictures. I'm a bit tied up here!" He wasn't in a lot of the many, many pictures he had saved on his computers; he took most of them and he was not a selfie sort of a person so that was kind of a given.

<> Borealis said earnestly.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:39 pm
"Okay... That's less disturbing and more frakkin' awesome..." Tambrey decided after a moment; this was a fun day- living fossils and brain-interactive prosthetics; science fiction made real...

"You're welcome! Um, I figured you might want them... and I needed a couple of photographs to attach to research profiles. Um, we've got a lot of different projects on the go, but I've made an effort to be personally involved with, um, 'Borealis' and 'Helix'." That was another point... She could replace coding designations with names now, too.

<>
He turned to regard the humans; maybe one of them had berries... Probably not Tambrey, after working in the labs...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:44 pm
<> Borealis said thoughtfully, <>

<> Rose chuckled, diverting his attention briefly back to the humans.

Aulus snorted. "He hopes you got his good side, and I'm sure she did Rose.... And I appreciate that Tam, you being involved with them. I don't know, it just feels like a nice connection to have you know? Personal." He was pretty sure they'd talked about this sort of thing before re: her projects but it held true here too, it felt good to know that his partner had worked on his new pokemon rather than just some random Agent.

"So, what next?" Aulus asked after a moment. "I have a feeling I might be here a while...." Helix was nowhere near done investigating his hand, and that was only hand #1.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:51 pm
<> Treestar affirmed, and then looked toward Rose... Rose could /talk/ with Aulus! /He/ could let the humans know they wanted berries. He waggled his leaf and gave a hopeful smile at the fighting type.

"Um. Well... I enjoy being involved, and um, I agree, it's nice... It makes me feel rather good anyway," she confided "that I can do as much for you. I mean, not just because of being as a partner," though it was probably good to have a partner familiar with your pokémon in such a way, she supposed, as much as it was good to have someone familiar in the way Aulus was with hers "but you're one of my best friends. I, um, wouldn't feel right if I didn't make sure I could take an interest like that..."

She'd smiled at the fighting type, and hoped he liked the pictures; they had been quick snaps of course, she felt he looked quite noble in them.

"Oh. Um. Well, if we're going to, um, be here a while, if you don't mind watching Treestar, I can pop out to grab some food to sneak in here?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:58 pm
Oh! Feelings. Good feelings but feelings, and he wasn't sure how to express properly most of the time. "Um, you too," Aulus began, aware that it sounded a bit lame even as he said it. "I mean, one of my best friends. And stuff. You know that right?"

Rose nodded to Treestar and cleared his throat discreetly. <>

"Oh!" Aulus nodded to Rose and then looked back at Tam. "And food, yes please, and Rose says that Borealis and Treestar would like berries if you can get some? I'm fine waiting here until you get back."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:06 pm
Tambrey gave a nod, and a small smile; one that was supposed to look 'knowing' and reassuring at the same time.
"I know." She replied, feeling those two words were probably enough for reassurance.

Her eyebrows raised as she heard what Aulus translated from Rose.
"Berries? Well, um... Fair enough. Treestar certainly didn't take long to start, um, hawking the benefits of those, then, hm?" She smirked; the grass type was a little like a kid with things he liked to eat, and things he liked doing.

"I'll, um, pick up a couple of salads and grab some berry packs... Won't be long, though," she grinned, taking in the scene again- Aulus interacting with the little rock and water type, her grass type animatedly sharing conversation with the ice typed longneck, and Rose 'supervising' them all... "I doubt you lot are even going to notice the time pass."
She gave a wave, and headed for the door. Maybe she'd pick up a couple of cakes too, if they were available.
It did feel like a celebration kind of day...  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff