Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:45 pm
Aulus stared. "Uh... well... that seemed excessive."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:58 pm
"Uh! Um! Ne- I mean... Milli?! What?!" Tambrey stared from the dinosaur to where the Voltorb had flown off to. "What was that about?!" She was nervous around electric types... and types that could explode, but even she had to admit, she hadn't seen anything /particularly threatening/ from the Voltorb.

<< It was strange. It was noisy. I defend the herd.>> Millicent stated, calmer now that the 'strange' thing was further away.

Treestar gaped at the headbutt dinosaur.
<> The grass type wasn't sure. But he'd decided the sphere was probably a 'he'.

"I've got to make sure it's alright..." Tambrey muttered, before trying to jog over toward where the round pokémon had landed.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:02 pm
Juno started off on the translation but Aulus was already moving alongside Tambery, making a sharp gesture upwards as he jogged which in turn caused a dark dot high above to drop down lower and begin to circle tightly above the little group.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:08 pm
Millicent made a shrugging gesture, and then ambled after the humans.

Treestar eyed here warily. Right... She would have to be treated carefully, like he did with Neph. He wanted to be friends with the dinosaur, but he didn't know what to make of such a sudden reaction.

Pygi continued to stay in the air, circling, though she noted Red's descent. Tambrey hadn't asked for her though, so she stayed in the sky.

Tambrey began going through the scrubby vegetation, trying to locate the red and white ball. She gritted her teeth a little and grunted; a sudden jog hadn't been all that great for her healing injuries.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:28 pm
<> Borealis repeated, apparently having trouble with the concept. <> It obviously was but something about it just didn't sit right with her, it didn't fit.

Spotting Tam's gritted jaw Aulus winced in sympathy; that was obviously uncomfortable but he was hardly going to tell her to stop, she had enough experience of being injured by now to know her own limits.

"Oh, hey, there it is!" Aulus gestured a little ahead of them and off to the left where a patch of scrub had just moved, revealing a brief flash of red and white.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:36 pm
Millicent nodded in agreement with Borealis. /She/ seemed to get it, at least.
<< It does not. It is strange.>> She was apparently feeling further justified by her fellow fossil's reaction to the spherical pokémon.

"Oh?!" Tambrey altered her trajectory and, now they could /see/ where the Voltorb had gone, she seemed more comfortable in walking over to the position, which was probably better as well.

The Voltorb was upside-down, but peering skyward, a little stunned after it's short flight.
Upon seeing a human face above it, it seemed somewhat pleased.
<>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:41 pm
As Juno passed along what was being said Aulus frowned thoughtfully. "Millicent and Borealis find the Voltorb very strange. I guess they haven't got a," he waved a hand, "a template for it?... It seems to be alright," he added, peering cautiously down at the spherical thing. "Also, it said hello Juno says."

<> Juno shrugged to her prehistoric companions. <> she approached the Voltorb and grinned down at is, <>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:52 pm
<> The ball informed Juno jovially, then looked puzzled. << I FEEL TINGLY!>>

Millicent grunted. She didn't know why they were approaching the... odd thing. It was still as noisy as before, as well.

"Oh.. um..." Tambrey paused, wracking her brain, as she reached the position and could see the white and red thing for herself now too.
"It was only discovered very recently, and um, a lot of it's makeup is... well... rare." She recalled what she'd been taught back in university regarding unusual pokémon... She'd probably be able to study it to understand it even better these days, but for now she had to rely on the scraps she recalled from university.
"Like. Some, um, people don't even think it's composition could be found in nature... Which, um, I think is a little silly... Nature is still chemically based, like us, so it's just an odd tweak... But it /did/ get discovered around pokéball plants, so a lot of people think it's some kind of 'living pokéball..." But nevermind all that, she shook her head, and peered down at the electric type, feeling more concern for it than the anxiety she might have usually had around it.
"Are you okay?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:11 pm
After another translation Aulus gave the Voltorb a wary look. "It said that there's 'much spark-spark nearby' and that it feels tingly," he reported to Tambery. Hopefully tingly wasn't code for 'going to go bang and sever more limbs'. He could really do without having to go through that whole process all over again, not to mention the fact that - incredibly cool though his arm was - he didn't really want to end up more cyborg than he already was.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:30 pm
"Spark-spark?" Tambrey blinked back surprise, then looked thoughtful. "They're attracted to energy. Power plants and such. Um... There /were/ running a resurrection facility nearby... Um, because of, you know." She bobbed her head at the fossil-mon. "Maybe it sensed the power they were using to run it? Though, um, that doesn't really explain how it got up here in the first place... Tingly?" She frowned at the electric type. There /were/ known to explode... In fact, there were known to explode with the slightest of provocation, and this one had been flung through the air on a mountain and not exploded yet.

"I'm, um... I'm going to catch it..." She announced, reaching for a pokéball, realising that, if it was about to explode, they probably had a better chance of catching it then getting out of the way, or dodging a rock slide if it made one. Just had be quick...  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:16 am
"That sounds like a remarkably good idea," Aulus said carefully, keeping his eyes fixed on the Voltorb. He really needed to consider never ever leaving base without a Pokémon who knew Protect.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:32 pm
As Tambrey produced a pokéball, it almost seemed like the Voltorb recognised it and adopted a rather happy expression, though that didn't stop Tambrey from very quickly pressing the ball, button-first, against the round object; smiling or not, it had said it 'felt tingly'.

The ball wriggled. Once. Twice. Chime.
The dark-haired agent breathed a sigh of relief as one red and white sphere was now safely inside the other.
"Got it..."

<< I still don't like that thing.>>
Millicent piped up, once the drama was over.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:48 pm
When the pokeball went still Aulus relaxed and grinned. "Phew. Well, that's an unexpected profit out of the day hu? You going to keep it?" He knew Tam had still had some degree of... feelings about electric pokemon, feelings he thoroughly sympathised with and still shared somewhat. He needed to get one for himself, interact with it, that would surely help. He had a plan for that though, he just wanted to wait until Artemis was a bit older before he evolved her.

<> Borealis said hesitantly. <>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:02 pm
Tambrey hesitated to think about it, scrutinizing the 'ball in her hand; she had been more concerned that Milli' had injured the electric type, than thinking about, and concerned about, it's typing, until they'd approached it and it seemed... potentially explode-y. And then she'd been worried about the fact it might explode, rather than the type it was...
It was... odd for an electric type, and she wasn't getting /quite/ the same fear from it that she did from others.
"I... I, um, think so. I still feel kind of bad about, uh," She looked at Millicent "its unexpected flight... And it did seem unusually, um, friendly. Plus, it will be a good study... Possibly a good friend for Jubilee if it can remain, um, stable." She frowned.
"I wonder /how/ it was all the way up here..."

<< Too round. I don't trust it. It needs to hatch or shut up.>>

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:05 pm
<> Borealis mused. <>

"Hu, yeah." Aulus looked around with a frown. "It can't have been a lost pokemon because you were able to catch it with a normal pokeball.... Released maybe? Fell off a truck?" He shrugged. "Maybe when it settles in with you a bit we can ask. Damned amazing being able to just do that." He'd get used to it and probably take it for granted one day but for now that ability remained as remarkable and exciting to him as his new arm was.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff