[FIN] Systems Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:38 am
"Humm?" Aulus looked up at Tambery again, remembered his tea, and took another sip. "What do you mean?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:45 am
"Poetry." Tambrey explained, then elaborated. "If you ask him something he, uh, can't answer with a set of data values, or, um, an emoticon, he'll... probably give you a line of poetry. There's... actually a lot he thinks he can answer with emoticons though..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:50 am
"So half 'wise cryptic master' and half charades?" Aulus suggested with a grin. "It'll be interesting to try to learn to communicate with a pokemon completely differently, I'm used to body language and tone and so on. I'll have to start picking up what line three of Daffodils might imply...." Aulus frowned as he tried to remember the damned poem. "...Err... if I've remembered it correctly it might be something to do with crowded memory? Heh." Hey, he'd accidentally said something that might be relevant! If he was right. It was still funny if he was wrong though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:02 pm
Tambrey smirked.
"Yep. He picks 'appropriate' lines for what he wants to convey, but he never specifies which poem he's grabbed it from, or what line number, or anything like that. That, uh, would make it too easy, I suspect. I think he /likes/ how humans react to what he does."

Strange that such an artificial humour would have such a natural emotion, in some ways, she supposed.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:05 pm
"Heh, well getting a reaction is at least half the fun right?" Aulus said, finishing his tea and pouring himself another cup reflexively. "Should certainly give my meat brain a work out, and probably familiarise me with a lot of English literate GCSE but in interesting new contexts."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:28 pm
Tambrey gave a short nod, smiling; that wasn't a bad reaction either- she suspected Aulus and Turing would get along just fine while she was out.
"If he gets too much, though, please, don't worry about using his USB..."

As if on cue, there was a beep, and Aulus' notepad had acquired some new text.

<< 'Just the will to give or lend'! >>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:32 pm
Aulus read the quote, his brows furrowing into a dark looking scowl. After a few moments his brows lifted again and he looked over at Tam with a grin. "Not a clue. To google!" He pulled up the browser, put in the quote, and tapped on the first result. "Aww, Just the will to give or lend, This will make you someone's friend. Edgar A. Guest apparently." Whoever that was.

Aulus typed another =D to Turing. "I like you too!"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:37 pm
"Handy. Pft. Sorry. That actually wasn't supposed to, uh, be a pun and I remembered it was right as I said that word... But, uh, useful, having google at... hand..." She half-frowned, half smiled- two accidental puns in a row was a little absurd...
"Anyway, um. Yes. That's what he does. Finds a poem, picks a line he thinks is contextual, and uses it, as, uh, an answer..."

<< (≧ω≦) >>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:50 pm
"Knowledge at my fingertips," Aulus replied with a grin. "Helps me keep a grip on things? Oh! Ha, gives me the upper hand in finding information fast." So many puns so little time. "And that makes sense. Or, well, I follow at any rate," Aulus nodded, flicking back to the notepad.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:01 pm
"Pft. It's amazing how you don't get tired of those... " Tambrey grinned, but she supposed that, honestly, she didn't really either; puns were... well, fun. Even if overused as much as she and Aulus tended to.

Tambrey wasn't sure that she really agreed that how Turing chose to communicate 'made sense', but she was glad that Aulus understood.

And so was Turing apparently.

<<₍₍ ◝(・ω・)◟ ⁾⁾>>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:04 pm
"Hehe, I don't think I've seen that emote before," Aulus said as he studied it. "What is it? Arms waving or something? It's very cute, whatever it is. Mmh, and one day I may get bored of hand puns buuuut not just yet. Having plural hands still feels pretty novel, so I'm happy to pun about it at length." Life was just so much easier now!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:17 pm
"Hm?" Tambrey queried, trying to peer to catch sight of the emote, going through, in her mind, all the 'waving arm' emotes she'd seen from Turing so far.
"He's got a few 'happy dance' emotes that he likes. Unless you can see a table being upended or a frown or angry face... Wavy arms with those means, uh, frustrated, I think... And, yes... Well, um. Good. Because I'm not sure I can prevent the puns... They're even popping up accidentally now..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:20 pm
"Ahhh, the table flip, a classic of emotes," Aulus grinned, finally remembering to take the USB stick out of his arm as he bumped it against his knee. "Sooner or later you're going to hear a crash and cursing from in here because I've forgotten I'm plugged into the laptop and have got up to walk away," he said with a snort and a shake of his head. "I'm sure it won't be funny at the time, but so long as nothing breaks it will be afterwards."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:27 pm
"Aheh... I, um... May have done something similar while wearing earbuds a couple of times..." Tambrey admitted after a moment. Of course, thankfully nothing had broken, and never with something full of her work, yet....

The sprite on Aulus' screen was moving around, almost looking like a little figure 'peering into doorways', though, of couse, the doorways weren't showing up on screen...
Turing was testing what he could access, what he couldn't, and what he could open or activate.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:33 pm
"Heh, I have too," Aulus said with a rueful grin. "I dunno, I just think it would be a bit more embarrassing when the thing that's plugged in is part of you. Sort of.... Ooh, looks like he's off exploring." Aulus watched Turing's progress with interest, and only very mild concern for what he might end up doing. "I hope he doesn't turn out to be the new butt dial."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff